Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Horrifying. "Given eternal flesh to feel pain for eternity".

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
This reminds me of myself many years ago. A friend brought me a copy of Late Great Planet Earth, and I was amazed to learn so many prophecies from the Bible were coming true before my eyes. I wondered how a book written centuries before could be so accurate. I quickly put down that book and picked up the Bible...let's just say the Lord opened my eyes in a wonderful way. I could only repeat what the blind man said....I don't know how it happened, but once I was blind and now I can see. Jesus isn't a "concept", but the sun coming out on a cloudy day. I hope you find Him.

Amen! We fall in love with the man, Jesus, who is God in the flesh, love incarnate! I am hopelessly in love forever with my Jesus, who loves me infinitely more than I have the ability to grasp, and has rescued me from my hopelessness and cleansed me from sin, taken my burdens and set me on a new path of life on which to walk---with light and hope, joy and gladness, purpose and a plan!

Life without Him doesn't give us that...

A person who was only mentioned in one book, not even including his own writing to "those he loves", and then goes away never to be heard from again, . . . . and I'm supposed to somehow "love him" . . . just because of a notion of "taking away sin" or "giving me some fabulous afterlife". If you can do it, . . . more power to ya. It isn't interpreted to me as personal.

This isn't the thread for those "prophesies", but there is plenty of info out there that show how these . . . weren't. Maybe I'll start a thread. . . .or maybe I won't. Mind is already made up on that.

A person who was only mentioned in one book, not even including his own writing to "those he loves", and then goes away never to be heard from again, . . . . and I'm supposed to somehow "love him" . . . just because of a notion of "taking away sin" or "giving me some fabulous afterlife". If you can do it, . . . more power to ya. It isn't interpreted to me as personal.

This isn't the thread for those "prophesies", but there is plenty of info out there that show how these . . . weren't. Maybe I'll start a thread. . . .or maybe I won't. Mind is already made up on that.

Hey--the Bible is a LIBRARY. Jesus is mentioned in all 66 books---He is mentioned, prophesied about or alluded to in every one. He is also discussed in extra-biblical writings.

As far as never hearing from Him again--I hear from Him almost daily. So do all of His other followers.

His call to you is personal: "Come, follow Me."

Hey--the Bible is a LIBRARY. Jesus is mentioned in all 66 books---He is mentioned, prophesied about or alluded to in every one. He is also discussed in extra-biblical writings.

As far as never hearing from Him again--I hear from Him almost daily. So do all of His other followers.

His call to you is personal: "Come, follow Me."

Amen. People just can't see that until their eyes are opened.

"Come follow me" are words in a book. I have no reason to believe that they were meant for anyone other than those few the words were spoken to. Even if those events DID happen, it is only a religion that assumes that those old words were spoken to them as well.

Again, the "prophesies" are quite answerable, . . . . and after seeing them ["prophesies"] and looking at what they really were, I see no reason to believe them to be "about the future".

Our interpreter and teacher, Holy Spirit, shows us the same truths. We need to allow Him to reveal the truth and let Him override our preconceived notions. That is how we achieve unity in the faith.
And he is showing me something different than he apparently showed you. So who is right?

"Come follow me" are words in a book. I have no reason to believe that they were meant for anyone other than those few the words were spoken to. Even if those events DID happen, it is only a religion that assumes that those old words were spoken to them as well.

Until Holy Spirit speaks them to your heart personally, you remain waiting, rootred in your unbelief.

Only He can reveal to you the truth of Scripture and the fact that it is supernaturally ALIVE.

Again, the "prophesies" are quite answerable, . . . . and after seeing them ["prophesies"] and looking at what they really were, I see no reason to believe them to be "about the future".

You are wrong, of course, because you have not the spiritual eyes to see.

John 9:39 NLT
Then Jesus told him, “I entered this world to render judgment—to give sight to the blind and to show those who think they see that they are blind.â€

2 Corinthians 4:4 NLT
Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.

1 Corinthians 2:13-15 NLT
13 When we tell you these things, we do not use words that come from human wisdom. Instead, we speak words given to us by the Spirit, using the Spirit’s words to explain spiritual truths. 14 But people who aren’t spiritual can’t receive these truths from God’s Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can’t understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means. 15 Those who are spiritual can evaluate all things, but they themselves cannot be evaluated by others.

And he is showing me something different than he apparently showed you. So who is right?

Which is? Hellfire, and the FACT that God says He will cast all the wicked there, whose names are not written in the Lamb's Book of Life?

God is right.

Which is? Hellfire, and the FACT that God says He will cast all the wicked there, whose names are not written in the Lamb's Book of Life?

God is right.

How do you know that you are written in the Lamb's Book of Life? A little pompous/presumptuous, don't you think?

You are wrong, of course, because you have not the spiritual eyes to see.

Does this make the person to which you're referencing a bad person? Is he hell-bound because he doesn't have 'spiritual eyes' to see?

How do you know that you are written in the Lamb's Book of Life? A little pompous/presumptuous, don't you think?

There's nothing pompous about it. It's a fact based on the promise of God Himself, that the righteous, the incorrupt and those upright in heart will have their names in the Book all alluded to in Psalms, Philippians and Revelation.

Does this make the person to which you're referencing a bad person? Is he hell-bound because he doesn't have 'spiritual eyes' to see?

A self-professed believer besetting a believer concerning her expression that the unbeliever is wrong.

hmmm.gif
Something is wrong with this picture.

There's nothing pompous about it. It's a fact based on the promise of God Himself, that the righteous, the incorrupt and those upright in heart will have their names in the Book all alluded to in Psalms, Philippians and Revelation.

Goodness ...how about a bit of humility . . .? ;)

A self-professed believer besetting a believer concerning her expression that the unbeliever is wrong.

hmmm.gif
Something is wrong with this picture.

I know, but just bear with me. Some of us have a ways to go before we catch up to you. Yet another ;)

romans 10:9-10.

it talks about how to know you are saved?

yes its more then just a confession but if you really confessed christ, the life must follow.

and God promises us what he says. not do this and i might do that.

its if you repented i will save you.

we must repent and then he takes the rest of the way.sure this means we must learn of him but he is the one that change us to conform to him(santification).

I know, but just bear with me. Some of us have a ways to go before we catch up to you. Yet another ;)

Not all BELIEVERS are at the same maturity level, but we need to be in unity concerning the lost.

Not all BELIEVERS are at the same maturity level, but we need to be in unity concerning the lost.

I don't think it's a good idea to actually refer to someone as 'being lost'. None of us should be playing God.

I don't think it's a good idea to actually refer to someone as 'being lost'. None of us should be playing God.

That's ridiculous.

Believers have the mind of Christ. We have been given discernment to be able to judge what is of God and what isn't. Often we do not know who is lost, but we continue to be an example to all. But when people are upfront with their unbelief, only a moron would consider that ambiguous.

Goodness ...how about a bit of humility . . .? ;)

Believe me, there is great humility in knowing that without Jesus Christ I would be heading for Hellfire right now.

What you see as pomposity is great confidence in the promises of God.

Last edited by a moderator:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back