Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

How does God Judge those who never heard the gospel of Christ?

Then such must be a flaw in Jesus's teaching, following the same logic that seems right to Him:

"If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?" (Jn. 3:12)
"He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much; and he who is unjust in what is least is unjust also in much." (Lk. 16:10)

Gospel is not preached to the dead for repentence or conversion, but for judgement. "He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still." (Rev. 22:11) Your opinion reeks of Catholic purgatory teaching.

To set the captive free, those who're already in Abraham's bosom.

Alright, adieu.
You illustrated the only truth is what you believe. Nothing scripture says can change it. Christ said the dead who hear His voice will live. Did that affect your opinions? NO!

24 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.
25 "Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live.
26 "For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself, (Jn. 5:24-26 NKJ)

Your earthly things alone matter. Peter says the gospel is preached also to the dead. You say that's to condemn them!

That would be cruel, like telling a drowning person "too bad you don't have a life preserver"....As if they didn't know they were drowning.

So God cruely tells the doomed the gospel, when it will do them no good....to rub it in.

Ha ha sucker! You blew your chance! I just wanted to make sure you know that! Die the death, fool.

Yea, that's what God does. You got it right, don't let the scripture sway you otherwise. Keep on trucking.

You illustrated the only truth is what you believe. Nothing scripture says can change it. Christ said the dead who hear His voice will live. Did that affect your opinions? NO!

24 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.
25 "Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live.
26 "For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself, (Jn. 5:24-26 NKJ)
That's referring to the resurrection when he returns, which alludes to 1 Thess. 4:16-17 and Dan. 12:2. The saved rise first in the first resurrection, the unsaved do not rise until the end of the millennial reign, Rev. 20:5, 15. That has nothing to do with conversion or repentance of the dead.
Your earthly things alone matter. Peter says the gospel is preached also to the dead. You say that's to condemn them!

That would be cruel, like telling a drowning person "too bad you don't have a life preserver"....As if they didn't know they were drowning.

So God cruely tells the doomed the gospel, when it will do them no good....to rub it in.

Ha ha sucker! You blew your chance! I just wanted to make sure you know that! Die the death, fool.

Yea, that's what God does. You got it right, don't let the scripture sway you otherwise. Keep on trucking.
No more cruel than the unbelievers "being condemned ALREADY" (Jn. 3:18-21), or how about this - Sodom and Gomorrah being more tolerable than they in the eyes of God? Yeah, that's what God does, and indeed they didn't know they were drowning, since they prefer darkness to the light of hte gospel.

If the household is worthy, let your peace come upon it. But if it is not worthy, let your peace return to you. And whoever will not receive you nor hear your words, when you depart from that house or city, shake off the dust from your feet. Assuredly, I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city! (Matt. 10:13-15)

Back