Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] How God did it,... I'm all ears....

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Re: How God did it,... I'm all ears....
*facepalm.

I keep the image of one who is "all ears" in mind. Gotta love it.

"Amen ♫", says the sparrow, quoting European singer and artist Zucchero and BB-King's song, 'Hey Man (Sing a Song)',

"♫ I see you working just like me... on the far side of the road..."

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep the image of one who is "all ears" in mind. Gotta love it.

1) The issue seems to center around whether God did "it" super naturally or naturally, i.e.; using the Laws of Nature.

Unless we agree to define "super natural" as merely processes still unexplained and unknown to us, but rational processes nevertheless, those who insist upon a realm that exists outside of Reality create what is called a Fantasy World, one in which they dwell beyond or in lieu of Reality.

The problem is then that by definition, this is a form of insanity, since living out-of-Reality is madness by definition.

2) On the other hand, to understand the Bible and relate it directly to the Laws of Nature and the Facts-of-Life defines the Reality to which religion is relevant and sane.
The post above which explains "How God RATIONALLY did it" may be just one way to read Genesis among many, but when the ears hear the rational and scientific correspondences with each verse, it has the advantage of expressing a sane understanding of scripture, not a super natural one.

Is it not "sane" for me to admit that I was not there? To me, that's simply a frank assessment of the truth.

Back