Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How I can live without sin.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
there can also be no sin in us who walk in Him.

You added that to scripture.

Our body contains sin, and because our body contains sin, it will die, and be transformed unless you are raptured in which your physical body will be transformed.

But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

• If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

You are deceiving yourself, when you say you have no sin.

The Apostle John, speaking by the Spirit, says this about himself as he says “we”...

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Do you confess your sins?

JLB

By default, it also means "turn from" sin.

Of course the Lord wants us to turn away from sinning. But until we have received the Spirit, which comes after we are saved, he asks us to commit to following Jesus as Lord.

We do this by confessing Jesus as Lord, in which Satan is no longer our lord. We are transferred out of the domain of darkness, into the kingdom of God. Now we are ready to learn about Jesus and what He expects us to do as citizens of His kingdom.

JLB

Sinners walk in darkness.

A sinner is someone who is separated from Christ.

Those in Christ can confess their sin, and He is faithful to forgive and cleanse them of all sin.

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us. 1 John 1:9-10

Do you believe a Christian can confess their sin and be forgiven from their unrighteousness?

JLB

I believe we can follow His path and try our best to walk in His steps. Where we disagree is, that I believe it is humanly impossible to EXACTLY walk in each and every footstep of our Lord. We are just humans. We must try to match His steps at every opportunity, but I have yet to see ANYONE who has done so to perfection.
I believe that we as Christians must not yield to temptation to bring everything to the obedience of Christ, and I have seen where it is possible to go on to perfection as in His ministry to do exploits.

Love, Walter

Oh please. You know what the need for our Advocate is. You have already displayed the verse. (1 John 2:1) "And if any man sin, we have an advocate....Jesus Christ the righteous"
In that case, He has already advocated on my behalf, allowing me to find out I could have all my past sins washed away by the blood of Christ at my water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of my past sins. (Acts 2:38)
No, Christ answered your call as Saviour and Sacrifice when you were born-again. As Advocate He advocates for us now when we sin. As usual you conflate the two ministries as you do with everything else.
Sounds like OT sin and pay, sin and pay, sin and pay, adnauseum.
Are you really unaware that Jesus conquered sin while in the flesh, and that by our insertion into Him can partake in that victory?
We don't have to walk after the flesh anymore.
We can walk after the Spirit instead !
Christ's advocacy keeps you in the light every day, only if you seek forgiveness of your daily sins. But, you are sinless. Thus Christ's advocacy plays no role with you.
If His advocacy keeps you in the light, how can you commit acts of darkness?
His advocacy now is His help to remain free from sin/darkness.
He is very good at it too ! Thanks be to God !
Here is a truth for both the saved and lost. If you're a sinner, there is hope. Christ has dealt with it and can deal with it. But if your righteous, there is no hope. He has not made any provision for those non sinning righteous people. They stand on their own.
So, you, Hopeful, having come to Christ, now claim your own righteousness. But what does Scripture say about our righteousness?
Quantrill
Hope for what?
Continual walking in darkness/sin?
That sounds like defeat to me.

There is hope for the sinner, and the real answer, or Advocate, for those who want to love God above all else and their neighbors as themselves, will allow you to be free of sinning forever.

You picture a life-guard who has to save you everyday, but the real Life-Guard will teach you how to swim.

A sinner is someone who is separated from Christ.
Those in Christ can confess their sin, and He is faithful to forgive and cleanse them of all sin.
There is no sin in Christ, so sinners are not in Christ...just as you stated.
If their repentance from sin is true, it will be permanent.
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us. 1 John 1:9-10
And after He has cleansed us, we can say we have no sin.
Then it is our responsibility to remain in the light, and He gives us all we need to do exactly that.
Do you believe a Christian can confess their sin and be forgiven from their unrighteousness?
I believe a man can confess his sins and be washed of them by the blood of Christ in order to become a Christian.
Having done so, after a true, real, permanent, turn from sin, he will receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, who will guide him away from future temptations.
All thanks and glory be to God !!!

I believe a man can confess his sins and be washed of them by the blood of Christ in order to become a Christian.

My question was --

JLB

My question was --

JLB
If he were a Christian, (in Christ, having the gift of the Holy Ghost, having turned from sin, walking in light instead of darkness, walking in the Spirit instead of the "flesh"), he would not commit sin.
If a man wants to confess his sin, he can become a Christian.

If he were a Christian, (in Christ, having the gift of the Holy Ghost, having turned from sin, walking in light instead of darkness, walking in the Spirit instead of the "flesh"), he would not commit sin.
If a man wants to confess his sin, he can become a Christian.

Please answer with a simple yes or no.

Your earlier statement that Jesus was born of a virgin, resulting in His ability to resist temptations to sin, was an attempt to refute our ability to also resist temptations to commit sin.
By showing all the readers here that we actually have it better than Jesus, in regards to your POV, I hoped you would soften your stance about not being able to love God and neighbor without failure.
Being born of a virgin, conceived by the Holy Spirit, made Jesus sinless in His nature. He was the only One who followed the Law perfectly, therefore He remained totally righteous before God.

We were born with a corrupted nature through Adam, therefore even though we become converted to Christ, sin is always present with us in our flesh. That is the difference between Jesus and us.

Reading 1 John closely will give you the information you need.

It is clear from a close reading of 1 John that when he said that the person who is born of God cannot sin, he meant that the born again believer turns away from a lifestyle of sin. He has a hatred and horror of sin and does all he can to avoid it. John is not talking about the believer who is still living in a flesh blighted by sin and is subject to temptation. There is a big difference between the occasional lapse because of temptation, and deliberate turning away from Christ back to a sinful lifestyle.

Please answer with a simple yes or no.
No.
They have no need to.
Christians don't commit sin, as they are "in Christ".
There is no sin in Christ.
They have crucified the flesh, and been regenerated from God's seed.
God's seed cannot bring forth evil fruit.
They walk in the light, which is God, and there is no sin in God.
Thanks be to God.

Being born of a virgin, conceived by the Holy Spirit, made Jesus sinless in His nature. He was the only One who followed the Law perfectly, therefore He remained totally righteous before God.
He was the first.
We were born with a corrupted nature through Adam, therefore even though we become converted to Christ, sin is always present with us in our flesh. That is the difference between Jesus and us.
I believe God has allowed us to reborn from His seed, and it is incorruptible.
He allowed us to crucify the flesh, with the vile affections and lusts.
We can be new creatures now instead of Adam's seed.
Reading 1 John closely will give you the information you need.
I especially like 1 John 1's verses that apply to those who walk in the light,: verses 5, 7 and 9.

It is clear from a close reading of 1 John that when he said that the person who is born of God cannot sin, he meant that the born again believer turns away from a lifestyle of sin. He has a hatred and horror of sin and does all he can to avoid it.
And, God has given them everything they require to remain in the light.

PaulChristensen:
John is not talking about the believer who is still living in a flesh blighted by sin and is subject to temptation. There is a big difference between the occasional lapse because of temptation, and deliberate turning away from Christ back to a sinful lifestyle.

There is no difference between sinners who sin once a month and those that sin everyday.
Their judgements will be the same, a lake of fire.
On the other hand, those who actually do love God above all else remain in the light, wherein is no sin at all.
We can't walk in darkness (sin) and still call ourselves lovers of God.

PaulChristensen:
John is not talking about the believer who is still living in a flesh blighted by sin and is subject to temptation. There is a big difference between the occasional lapse because of temptation, and deliberate turning away from Christ back to a sinful lifestyle.

There is no difference between sinners who sin once a month and those that sin everyday.
On the other hand, those who actually do love God above all else remain in the light, wherein is no sin at all.
If you think you are condemned to the lake of fire every time you you do something wrong, then by all means keep believing that. You must be miserable at times when you are tempted, fail, and then have to repent and be born again all over again. You must be one of these who subscribe to the false teaching that you can be saved today and lost tomorrow.

You are welcome to it.

PaulChristensen:

So, why can't you remain in the light all the time. Don't give me that nonsense that you are perfect in keeping the whole law. Doesn't wash.

You added that to scripture.

Our body contains sin, and because our body contains sin, it will die, and be transformed unless you are raptured in which your physical body will be transformed.

But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

• If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

You are deceiving yourself, when you say you have no sin.

The Apostle John, speaking by the Spirit, says this about himself as he says “we”...

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Do you confess your sins?

JLB
He seems to be of the "Holier Than Thou" party whose excrement doesn't stink, and condemns all the rest of us who have to use deodorant after using the toilet.

Reactions: JLB
Back