Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How I can live without sin.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
In that case, He has already advocated on my behalf, allowing me to find out I could have all my past sins washed away by the blood of Christ at my water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of my past sins. (Acts 2:38)

Sounds like OT sin and pay, sin and pay, sin and pay, adnauseum.
Are you really unaware that Jesus conquered sin while in the flesh, and that by our insertion into Him can partake in that victory?
We don't have to walk after the flesh anymore.
We can walk after the Spirit instead !

If His advocacy keeps you in the light, how can you commit acts of darkness?
His advocacy now is His help to remain free from sin/darkness.
He is very good at it too ! Thanks be to God !

Hope for what?
Continual walking in darkness/sin?
That sounds like defeat to me.

There is hope for the sinner, and the real answer, or Advocate, for those who want to love God above all else and their neighbors as themselves, will allow you to be free of sinning forever.

You picture a life-guard who has to save you everyday, but the real Life-Guard will teach you how to swim.

Christ's advocacy is His present ministry. Not to be conflated with the act of our being 'born-again'.

Of course we don't have to walk after the flesh. But we are still sinners. Of course we can walk in the Spirit. But we are still sinners.

I commit sins because I'm a sinner. Even when I walk in the light, I am a sinner. And when I sin, Christ's advocacy will keep me in the light. But only if you avail yourself to Him and for that. But, of course you don't need Christ anymore as you are sinless and in your own righteousness. Keep lying to yourself.

Yes, I am in need of salvation everyday. Good point.

Quantrill

No.
They have no need to.
Christians don't commit sin, as they are "in Christ".
There is no sin in Christ.
They have crucified the flesh, and been regenerated from God's seed.
God's seed cannot bring forth evil fruit.
They walk in the light, which is God, and there is no sin in God.
Thanks be to God.

I don't believe that is entirely true. The answer is yes. We must remember that we are in a blood covenant with our Lord. It's my understanding that a blood covenant needs to be renewed every day.

Jesus did not condemn the lady taken in adultery, He forgave the lady and then He told her to go and sin no more. So there is a need to if she did sin again. But the Lord said that His Love covers a multitude of sins so He will always be willing to forgive anyone who asks Him.

So what's so hard about renewing the blood covenant by word in prayer each morning? I think that part of the confusion for some is that they probably identify with their flesh as who they are. The man is within the flesh until this carnival ends so is under demonic oppression and temptations but has committed his spirit unto the Lord this day so the spirit man within is in Christ and has forgiveness and no sin within him. But if the flesh trips and falls into Bathsheba's bed that day, it's time to repent and pray Psalm 51 again.

There's no sin in Christ, but there is sin on the earth and this isn't over yet. We have to hold ourselves to be separate from the flesh. and when we realize that we should ask forgiveness for the sins we do commit and reaffirm our commitment to the Lord and our God every day then we start that day with a clean slate.

No.
They have no need to.

Thanks for clearing up your “theory”, that born again Christians can not be forgiven if they confess their sin.

Your “doctrine” is a clear violation of scripture.

But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us. 1 John 1:7-10

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

The Apostle John would disagree with you.

JLB

But we are still sinners. Of course we can walk in the Spirit. But we are still sinners.

A sinner is a person who lives a life of sinning, practicing sin, and is separate from Christ.

For such a High Priest was fitting for us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and has become higher than the heavens; Hebrews 7:26

A sinner must repent, return to God, in order to be saved. If a Christian brother in the Lord wanders away from Him and becomes lost, he has returned to being a sinner and must repent, or lose his soul.

Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins. James 5:19-20

What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’ I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance. Luke 15:4-7

• Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’
  • I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance.

The Lord described His sheep who because lost, as a sinner in need of repentance.

A sinner is someone who is lost; separate from Christ

JLB

A sinner is a person who lives a life of sinning, practicing sin, and is separate from Christ.

For such a High Priest was fitting for us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and has become higher than the heavens; Hebrews 7:26

A sinner must repent, return to God, in order to be saved. If a Christian brother in the Lord wanders away from Him and becomes lost, he has returned to being a sinner and must repent, or lose his soul.

Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins. James 5:19-20

What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’ I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance. Luke 15:4-7

• Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’
  • I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance.

The Lord described His sheep who because lost, as a sinner in need of repentance.

A sinner is someone who is lost; separate from Christ

JLB

That Hebrews 7:26 verse sort of speaks conclusively, doesn't it?

Separate from sinners says it all for today and 500K years from now. So we are not sinners in Christ. I am the righteousness of God in Christ.

Seems we have some with an Identity crisis in this thread. In Christ. Christ in me. That is a very clearly stated truth. So why do not some believe it? o eyes to see? No ears to hear? I submit that if anyone be born again, then start identifying with Christ (in you) and put behind you identifying with the world.

God's seed cannot bring forth evil fruit.
They walk in the light, which is God, and there is no sin in God.
Thanks be to God.
amen - thanks for pointing to the key issue

focusing on this creates the results you speak of in your walk with God

a few of us are using this info with excellent results

If you think you are condemned to the lake of fire every time you you do something wrong, then by all means keep believing that. You must be miserable at times when you are tempted, fail, and then have to repent and be born again all over again. You must be one of these who subscribe to the false teaching that you can be saved today and lost tomorrow.
You are welcome to it.
As my new nature doesn't permit sin, I have no need for continued forgiveness of sins.
Though tempted, my flesh and lusts have been crucified with Christ, so have no power over me.
That creates in me a constant joy I never experienced while I was a servant of sin.
You are invited to know the glory of the Lord, in your own life.

As my new nature doesn't permit sin, I have no need for continued forgiveness of sins.
Though tempted, my flesh and lusts have been crucified with Christ, so have no power over me.
That creates in me a constant joy I never experienced while I was a servant of sin.
You are invited to know the glory of the Lord, in your own life.
Actually, I have been living in the light of His countenance since 1969!

. I am the righteousness of God in Christ.

Yes sir. I believe you are.

However, this would be a good time to take a closer look at that scripture, and see how it dovetails into our discussion.

For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
2 Corinthians 5:21

• that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

We are being transformed into Hs image as our new man is being renewed, day by day... we are becoming the righteousness of God in Him.

God the Father wants us to mature, and grow up into Christ, to the fullness and stature of a perfect (complete) man, walking as Jesus walked; only doing what we see the Father doing, and saying what we hear the Father saying, just as Jesus did.

This doesn’t happen because we are water baptized, but is a process of maturing, as we walk with Him and learn from Him.

And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— Ephesians 4:11-15

• till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ;

God desires us to grow up into Christ in every way, so that we walk as He walked. This doesn’t happen over night.

Walking in the light as He is in the light doesn’t mean only sinless Christians, because the scripture plainly says, and the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin.

Walking n the light means we are not “hiding from God” when we do blow it, like Adam and Eve did.

We confess our sin, and He is faithful to forgive and cleanse us. I do believe we are to learn from our mistakes so we don’t keep repeating It. Then we move on. But we stay with Him and learn to turn away from things that are carnal, and not conducive to healthy spiritual growth. We learn to draw near to Him and stay near Him, and develop good spiritual habits; of sowing to the Spirit.

Peter says it this way —

Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.
Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 2 Peter 1:2-10

• giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful

JLB

Last edited:
Not outwardly, but in the sub-text of your comments. You are implying that those who don't hold to your version of walking in the light are walking in darkness.
If a man is walking in darkness, how could he be seen as walking in the light?
Especially is the context of 1 John 1?
God is light, and Pro 4:19 says the way of the wicked is as darkness.
The readers can see where they stand, and if darkness doesn't suit them, they can start to walk in the light.
God made it possible, to His glory.

The readers can see where they stand, and if darkness doesn't suit them, they can start to walk in the light.

Your claim that Christian‘s can not be forgiven when they sin is clearly unbiblical.

• If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us. 1 John 1:-10

JLB

There are only two types of people in God's view. Those who are walking in the light with Jesus, and unbelievers still in their sins walking in darkness. There is no middle ground.

But we all have our faults and failings. It is because we live in a flesh that is mortal and will die. No one is absolutely perfect and anyone who thinks he is, merely displays that he is being puffed up with pride and so that is his imperfection. Remember Jesus' story about the Pharisee and the publican, and note whom He saw as being justified by God in preference to the other.

Thanks for clearing up your “theory”, that born again Christians can not be forgiven if they confess their sin.

Your “doctrine” is a clear violation of scripture.

But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us. 1 John 1:7-10

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

The Apostle John would disagree with you.

JLB

The first part of 1 John was written to unbelievers. "That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning the Word of life. The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us. We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ. We write this to make our joy complete." 1 John 1:1-4

John was instructing those who were not yet Christians about what he and the other church members had received, and invited them to join them in fellowship.

The first part of 1 John was written to unbelievers. "That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning the Word of life. The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us. We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ. We write this to make our joy complete." 1 John 1:1-4

John was instructing those who were not yet Christians about what he and the other church members had received, and invited them to join them in fellowship.
That sounds reasonable to me.

Back