Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How is a biblical conflict solved?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes after receiving the faith and baptism and the sacrament of confirmation we have an sacramental unction / anointing from the Holy Spirit but that does not refute the command of Christ to his church his apostles to teach all men Matt 28:19 lk 1:4 acts 8:31 etc. the church has a duty to proclaim the truth and to condemn errors. Thanks
Do you teach RCIA?

He posted the verses.
It's foreshadowing.
It's theological understanding of the relationship between the OT and NT.
Mary was not "the New Ark of the Covenant"
She never held in her the living 10 commandments, and the living manna sent from heaven, the bread that gives life.

These are nice, poetic images and may be someone's "theological understanding of the relationship between the OT and NT", but they are not in the Bible, to my knowledge.

That can't be right.
if God has a mom, He isn't eternal.
He was the word, and the word was God, and the word was with God.
He was the "Word", not "word".
And He emptied Himself of His divinity to become a flesh man. And walked the earth as a man, and a man now sits on the right hand of God.
Agreed.
Two individuals.
Mary was God's vessel. Mary's Mother, (saint Anna?) was purified before Mary was even conceived, and Mary was divinely purified because she is a vessel unto God. The hand of God was heavy upon Mary and her Mother so that Mary did not have original sin.
Original sin isn't in the bible.
Neither is anything about Mary's mom.
Mary was an obedient servant.
Do you expect to be venerated for your own obedience?
Makes me think of Jesus' parable about the servant, in Luke 17:7-10.
The servant does what is expected of him (her) without the expectation of a reward.
So did Mary.

What do you mean?
When Jesus came to earth the 2nd Person of the Trinity was missing in heaven??
I never thought of it that way before, but "yes", that is the sum if it.
It was the Word that took on skin and bones, and that gave up the identity that He had in heaven with God.
He left heaven in order to do so.

BTW, where is a "trinity" mentioned in the bible?

You lost me at the bakery.
I don't know what you're saying anymore.

Luke says THE SPIRIT will come over Mary.
That's not the 2nd Person.

Capital M.
Yes, because it's becoming bothersome how lowly we want Mary to be.
Maybe Catholics "idolize" her too much,
but we idolize her too little.
I think she would chastise you for lifting her up beyond who she is.
She, and I, would see it as idolatry.

This thread is way of topic which to remind everyone is "How is a biblical conflict solved?"

It has become a good example of how Biblical conflicts are NOT solved.

Perhaps it should be closed.
Perhaps, but my view of the OP is that the bible can fix any disagreement.

I'm closing this thread.
It has descended into petty bickering, and way off topic - and I don't exempt myself from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back