Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How is a biblical conflict solved?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Status
Not open for further replies.
The baptism that I am baptized with is His crucifixion.
That's great jaybo, praise the Lord, because that's exactly how our Savior viewed his cross. That's why Paul in Rom.8, begins talking about how Jesus suffered and how believers suffer and then says,

For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Rom.8:29

It's a great thing to know that our Father is merciful to all and that we should be like him.

You are confusing reply with refute. They are not the same.
Take the evidence that I provided and prove it wrong.

Where does John say that? Without a reference it is just your opinion.
I provided the link to the Greek that shows John said the Holy Spirit is the anointing that believers have that enables them to know what is truth, not the Catholic church and it's teachings as you claim. Now you have to refute that.

Both of you are wrong but will stubbornly resist admitting it.
The Catholic's undue exaltation of Mary is un-Biblical. We proved this to you from the scriptures themselves where Jesus points people away from doing that to Mary. But since the Catholic church has given itself the power to know things outside of scripture, that comes in handy for defending it's undue exaltation of Mary. It would be one thing if your extra-Biblical stuff was consistent with scripture, but it's not. We showed you it's contrary to scripture.

Take the evidence that I provided and prove it wrong.

I provided the link to the Greek that shows John said the Holy Spirit is the anointing that believers have that enables them to know what is truth, not the Catholic church and it's teachings as you claim. Now you have to refute that.
From past experience, you will never convince Mungo (or other Catholics who have bought into the RCC doctrine) that their denomination is not the embodiment of all truth. They believe what they are told by their clergy even if it disagrees with the Bible. Sad but true.

This is the answer I expected.
You won't let go of your false sola scriptura doctrine even though I have shown you - from scripture - that it is false.
You don't even believe your own false doctrine.
I don't recall you refuting any argument that the Bible is all we need. When I asked you what else is there that we need that is not in the Bible you blew the question off.

Earning salvation would be Pelagianism or works alone.
Not the result of faith alone but by being members of Christ united in a covenant thru grace our actions can be meritorious for ourselves and for others because of grace

Eph 2:8 is not salvation
No It’s already past tense when written so it refers to the redemption accomplished by Christ apart from us

You think you are saved, you were saved less than a hundred years ago, how can it refer to “you’re” salvation? Thanks

The Catholic's undue exaltation of Mary is un-Biblical.

In your opinion
e proved this to you from the scriptures themselves where Jesus points people away from doing that to Mary. But since the Catholic church has given itself the power to know things outside of scripture, that comes in handy for defending it's undue exaltation of Mary. It would be one thing if your extra-Biblical stuff was consistent with scripture, but it's not. We showed you it's contrary to scripture.

You have not showed it is contrary to scripture.
Basically what you do is pop up one straw man piece of scripture that is not relevant.

Of course you do.
Then you can claim that it shows just how quickly the early church adopted false doctrines.
Moreover these men after the apostles weren't inspired unlike you and your mates who the Holy Spirit is leading into the truth after 2,000 years of error.
Don't waste my time.
Do not second guess what Jethro Bodine ask of you as many of us would like to know the answer to his question. Could it be that you are afraid to find error in the doctrines of the Roman Catholic church as we know how that church comes against the Bible.

Christ is Eternal priest:

Heb 7:17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Christ is High priest:

Heb 7:1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;

Low priests / priesthood:

There must be low priests in the same order for a high priest to be over them. And the word in scripture “priesthood” is plural.

God always establishes peace and by obedience to hierarchical authority!

There is a hierarchical authority in all that God has ordained!

The angelic kingdom:
The civil gov:
The church:
The family:

Acts 22:15 For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard.

Acts 1:8 my witnesses

There is a big difference between the people, and the priesthood of Christ and the apostles!

Matthew 22:14
For many are called, but few are chosen.

Matt 13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

Jn 20:21 as the father sent me, I send you. And Jn 17:18 I send you!

(The apostles with the same minisrty, power, and authority)

The apostles received the kingdom.
Lk 22:29

The apostles administer the kingdom. Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18

The apostles govern the church.
Matt 28:19-20

The apostles hold office.
Acts 1:15-20

The apostles have authority to forgive sins. Jn 20:23

Apostles are the light of the world!
Matt 5:14

Thanks
You just go ahead and believe everything that comes from the Holy See that the Pope is aloud to speak to his congregation and his self selection of his Priest that teach against the word of God for the most part. As for me and my house we will serve the Lord Christ Jesus.

Please do not reply to me anymore in this thread as I am done with the doctrines of the Roman Catholic Church.

This is the answer I expected.
You won't let go of your false sola scriptura doctrine even though I have shown you - from scripture - that it is false.
You don't even believe your own false doctrine.
It's clear that you have no understanding of sola scriptura. It is one of five "solas"...

Christians are saved by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone, as revealed by Scripture alone, to the glory of God alone.

You believe the doctrine of the Catholic denomination which is the invention of a hierarchy of men, from the (unScriptural) Pope on down. Yours is an invented religion that is not based on Scripture, but on teachings invented by your clergy to justify their own power.

For example, you claim that the Catholic "church" is the first church, even though there is no mention of it in the Bible and the first church is composed solely of Jews. You claim that Peter, whom Jesus called "Satan" and a stumbling block, and who denied Jesus three times, was the first Pope. There is no mention of that in the Bible!

There are many more examples of how your denomination is contrary to God's word, so it's not surprising that you and your leaders refute sola scriptura. Without using the Bible as the foundation of faith you can invent anything and claim it as true.

Do not second guess what Jethro Bodine ask of you as many of us would like to know the answer to his question. Could it be that you are afraid to find error in the doctrines of the Roman Catholic church as we know how that church comes against the Bible.
No Catholic doctrine (properly understood) contradicts scripture (properly interpreted)

It's clear that you have no understanding of sola scriptura. It is one of five "solas"...

Christians are saved by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone, as revealed by Scripture alone, to the glory of God alone.

You believe the doctrine of the Catholic denomination which is the invention of a hierarchy of men, from the (unScriptural) Pope on down. Yours is an invented religion that is not based on Scripture, but on teachings invented by your clergy to justify their own power.

For example, you claim that the Catholic "church" is the first church, even though there is no mention of it in the Bible and the first church is composed solely of Jews. You claim that Peter, whom Jesus called "Satan" and a stumbling block, and who denied Jesus three times, was the first Pope. There is no mention of that in the Bible!

There are many more examples of how your denomination is contrary to God's word, so it's not surprising that you and your leaders refute sola scriptura. Without using the Bible as the foundation of faith you can invent anything and claim it as true.
No Catholic doctrine (properly understood) contradicts scripture (properly interpreted)

Mary is not the mother of God. Jesus and the Father have existed from eternity past long before Mary. She was the mother from which Jesus' earthly body was birthed. That's all. She did not birth his divinity. He had that from eternity past.
Sorry Lk 1:45
I did not say she was the mother of the divine nature.
I said mother of God.
Please don’t confuse mother with source.
Mother refers to a relationship
Jesus Christ is God:
Mary is His mother:
So Mary is the mother of God:
And that is defined by the authority of Jesus Christ in multiple councils
See below

Based on Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18
Bound on earth bound in heaven by apostolic authority

Mother of God
Council Of Ephesus – 431 A.D.

If anyone does not confess that Emmanuel is God in truth, and therefore that the holy virgin is the mother of God (for she bore in a fleshly way the Word of God become flesh) let him be anathema.

Lk 1:43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

Chalcedonian creed
We, then, following the holy Fathers, all with one consent, teach men to confess one and the same Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, the same perfect in Godhead and also perfect in manhood; truly God and truly man, of a reasonable soul and body; consubstantial with us according to the manhood; in all things like unto us, without sin; begotten before all ages of the Father according to the Godhead, and in these latter days, for us and for our salvation, born of the virgin Mary, the mother of God, according to the manhood; one and the same Christ, Son, Lord, Only-begotten, to be acknowledged in two natures, inconfusedly, unchangeably, indivisibly, inseparably; the distinction of natures being by no means taken away by the union, but rather the property of each nature being preserved, and concurring in one Person and one Subsistence, not parted or divided into two persons, but one and the same Son, and only begotten, God the Word, the Lord Jesus Christ, as the prophets from the beginning have declared concerning him, and the Lord Jesus Christ himself taught us, and the Creed of the holy Fathers has handed down to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back