Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

How many holes do you have pierced in your ears?

How many pierced holes in your ears?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Visible piercings, Sparrow, visible piercings. And not the kind you can spot with the help of the light on an otoscope.

And did you have to be so graphic? I mean, really! :biggrin

this:

Anyway I guess the lady at your church managed to convince you that the visible ones were rather benign and virtually necessary (if not totally).

Not necessary. Acceptable for a girl her age. I had to admit, too, the little gold hearts she wanted as her first pair were cute.

this: Well, yes, acceptable if not necessary. Re. 'first pair', some of them often get more holes eventually, but they all seem to get lots and lots more earrings, anyway.

I haven't read all 13 pages, but here is my story. I spent my career working as a management professional for a very large company. I would frequently tell my wife and children that I would get my ear pierced and grow my hair long but I couldn't because of my job. After I retired, we were in the mall one day, and passed a store that offered free ear piercing with a purchase of an ear ring. My wife and middle son (who was with us that day) dared me to do what I had always said I would do. So, I went in and got my left ear pierced.

It lasted three weeks. I was increasingly self-conscious about it, and then finally when we started making plans to go home and see our parents, I started imagining my dad's reaction. I took the ear ring out (it was just a little gold bead) and within a few days the hole had closed up and there is no sign that I had ever had another hole in my head than what I was born with. There won't be any more, either...at least not voluntarily!

I haven't read all 13 pages, but here is my story. I spent my career working as a management professional for a very large company. I would frequently tell my wife and children that I would get my ear pierced and grow my hair long but I couldn't because of my job. After I retired, we were in the mall one day, and passed a store that offered free ear piercing with a purchase of an ear ring. My wife and middle son (who was with us that day) dared me to do what I had always said I would do. So, I went in and got my left ear pierced.

It lasted three weeks. I was increasingly self-conscious about it, and then finally when we started making plans to go home and see our parents, I started imagining my dad's reaction. I took the ear ring out (it was just a little gold bead) and within a few days the hole had closed up and there is no sign that I had ever had another hole in my head than what I was born with. There won't be any more, either...at least not voluntarily!

GKC:

I see...

So your wife and son that were with you on that day, did they already have sufficient holes of their own? :)

GKC:

I see...

So your wife and son that were with you on that day, did they already have sufficient holes of their own? :)

My wife has had pierced ears since she was a little girl...just one hole in each lobe. My son wears an ear ring on his left ear (just one hole on the lobe.) He doesn't have any others, at least that are visible...and I haven't and won't ask him. :crazy

Our other two sons do not have any piercings, although my oldest son does have a tattoo on his calf (which he got when he was 18, in Florida on Spring Break.) My middle son has several tattoos, and my youngest has none. I myself have one tattoo, courtesy of my Navy days, on my upper left arm. I have thought many tomes about having it removed, but haven't done so.

My wife has had pierced ears since she was a little girl...just one hole in each lobe. My son wears an ear ring on his left ear (just one hole on the lobe.) He doesn't have any others, at least that are visible...and I haven't and won't ask him. :crazy

Our other two sons do not have any piercings, although my oldest son does have a tattoo on his calf (which he got when he was 18, in Florida on Spring Break.) My middle son has several tattoos, and my youngest has none. I myself have one tattoo, courtesy of my Navy days, on my upper left arm. I have thought many tomes about having it removed, but haven't done so.

GKC: Great inventory! :) ty.

Sounds like the men in the family have piercings, but the (one?) lady of the family isn't tattooed.

GKC: Great inventory! :) ty.

Sounds like the men in the family have piercings, but the (one?) lady of the family isn't tattooed.

I no longer have an ear ring or a hole for it to go in, so I don't count me as having one! ;)

My oldest son has no piercings. I had told him repeatedly how much I regretted getting my tattoo, but when he was 18 and on spring break in Florida with his class, he returned with one, as they all did. As far as I know, it's his only one. I've already described my middle son (29.) My youngest son (25) has neither piercings nor tattoos.

My wife has no tattoos, or other piercings, and doesn't want any. Other than in her choice of husbands, she has very good judgment.

And yes, she is the only girl in our gaggle of guys. She has six brothers, and was the only daughter her parents had. She told me she wanted a little girl, but after three boys we had to stop trying (she had to have a hysterectomy.) Two of her brothers are deceased now (one car wreck and one illness) but the other four do have girls. It just kills her...but she does love her nieces.

Yeah, I know what you mean.
I guess in some ways I'm kind of stuck somewhere between a kid and an adult, though. Still in high school, live with my mom, etc.

questdriven:

Maybe she realizes that you want to go have it done sometime?

Blessings.

Yeah, I know what you mean.
I guess in some ways I'm kind of stuck somewhere between a kid and an adult, though. Still in high school, live with my mom, etc.

questdriven:

I think I know what you mean, as well.

Kind of, deciding to do it in conjunction with your mom, would be a kid's way of proceeding (nothing wrong with this, of course). Whereas deciding you wanted to do it and going ahead and getting them pierced, would be the adult way. I guess.

Blessings.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:tongueunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:biggrinontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> (Re-reading what you guys wrote: )

My wife has no tattoos, or other piercings, and doesn't want any. Other than in her choice of husbands, she has very good judgment.

GKC: You make me smile the way you put this...
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

I actually mentioned it once, and my mom was present.

questdriven: I think on the other thread you were just talking about the fact you're nearly 20, right? just a bit relevant to this wish of yours also, maybe?

Blessings.

PS:

My wife has had pierced ears since she was a little girl...just one hole in each lobe. My son wears an ear ring on his left ear (just one hole on the lobe.) ..

GKC: Actually it can be a suitable gift for a son, I think, whether for Christmas or a birthday. (Two cents'.)

I actually mentioned it once, and my mom was present.
[MENTION=89910]questdriven[/MENTION]:

PS: You could always suggest she comes along with you for the event, maybe; it might even help the overall situation with the underlying tensions that you mentioned on other threads, and she might rather appreciated that you thought to ask her to come with you. (Two cents'.) :chin Blessings.

Seriously?

"Anyone know what modesty means.........?"

1 Timothy 2:9

New King James Version (NKJV)

<sup class="versenum">9 </sup>in like manner also, that the women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with propriety and moderation, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly clothing.

I think earrings fall into that category....

Praise be to GOD the heavenly father and his son lord JESUS CHRIST forever>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back