Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

How many holes do you have pierced in your ears?

How many pierced holes in your ears?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hi farouk,

What do you think about that big 'o red streak traveling across the expanse of the poll results? Any thoughts?

lol

- Davies

Hi farouk,

What do you think about that big 'o red streak traveling across the expanse of the poll results? Any thoughts?

lol

- Davies

Davies: If you add the 8, the 3 and the 1 together, they make 12, which is not far short of the 15 no.s.

What do you make of that? :)

Blessings.

That makes me think, 'What are those 15 people thinking?' :)

- Davies

I see; 15 versus 12; trying to democratize earlobes, then? :)

Z. Wilbur Dinklebeefer III, running for Congress (or dog-catcher, etc.) on the Bare Earlobes ticket...

Davies:

'Holier than thou', versus 'holeyer than thou' :)

(Sorry, couldn't resist that!) :)

Blessings.

Hi farouk,

Ecclesiastes 12:13

New King James Version (NKJV)

<sup class="versenum">13 </sup>Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter:
Fear God and keep His commandments,
For this is man’s all.

Notice the verse doesn't say, 'Let us hear the conclusion of the hole matter:'

I really like puns. :)

- Davies

Davies

To keep the thread whon-topic:

Whow many wholes do ppl whave pierced in their whearlobes...

(Or if not whon the whearlobe itself, whigher whup whon the cartilage...)

farouk,

Do you think your piercings will make it to Heaven? :)

- Davies

Davies: rhetoricality provokes further questioning: what about the bondservant (and his wife) whose ears were commanded to be pierced, in the Old Testament?

Davies: rhetoricality provokes further questioning: what about the bondservant (and his wife) whose ears were commanded to be pierced, in the Old Testament?

I can imagine the bond servant looking at himself in the reflection of water, 'It gives me such style. What do you think master, would you give me multiple piercings.' :)

Along the lines of the Old Testament, I suppose the person who has your ear pierced, you have to serve forever.

- Davies

I can imagine the bond servant looking at himself in the reflection of water, 'It gives me such style. What do you think master, would you give me multiple piercings.' :)

Along the lines of the Old Testament, I suppose the person who has your ear pierced, you have to serve forever.

- Davies

Davies:

Whatever else, it's also a beautiful picture of the willing service of the Lord Jesus, God's perfect servant, who was obedient unto death, even the death of the Cross (Philippians 2), who 'took upon Him the form of a servant'.

He calls on His followers to be willing servants, too.

Davies:

Whatever else, it's also a beautiful picture of the willing service of the Lord Jesus, God's perfect servant, who was obedient unto death, even the death of the Cross (Philippians 2), who 'took upon Him the form of a servant'.

He calls on His followers to be willing servants, too.

If that was the cultural practice of the day, picturing one's servant hood to God, then I'd say piercings were wonderful. Of course the substance is better than the shadow.

- Davies

If that was the cultural practice of the day, picturing one's servant hood to God, then I'd say piercings were wonderful. Of course the substance is better than the shadow.

- Davies

Davies:

Oh I agree when you speak of the substance being better than the shadow. Indeed, the Epistle to the Hebrews has 'better' as one of its keywords.

(It would be hard for folk to argue, though, that ear piercing is inherently unScriptural, though... )

Davies:

Oh I agree when you speak of the substance being better than the shadow. Indeed, the Epistle to the Hebrews has 'better' as one of its keywords.

(It would be hard for folk to argue, though, that ear piercing is inherently unScriptural, though... )

AHHH. For all to see, the meeting of the minds. :)

Blessings, farouk,

- Davies

AHHH. For all to see, the meeting of the minds. :)

Blessings, farouk,

- Davies

Davies and farouk ought to stick together... (adjusting earrings, or not, as the case may be...)

Actually, Davies, I agree with quite a lot of your posts on various subjects...

Blessings.

PS:

My mother is very liberal minded. She has many piercings and tattoos. She sort of encouraged me to get one..

Bfnaught: you said this back a bit; I guess that from her point of view it would not be unusual for family members to do it also, including her son. From your point of view, I see that you link the term liberal with your mom's many piercings and tattoos.

Actually, there are also not a few people who have piercings and tattoos who are conservative, whether in their general, cultural values, or in their theological outlook.

So I guess I'm wondering what you mean by 'liberal'?

Your comments are interesting, anyway.

Blessings.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back