Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

How many holes do you have pierced in your ears?

How many pierced holes in your ears?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Okay so this is a less serious and more lighthearted thread. :)

Lots of folk, women and men, get their ears pierced these days, so how many holes do people have pierced altogether, in their ears? (I think we can count earlobes and cartilage).

:chin

Farouk forgive me... enquring minds want to know why topics such as tattoos, piercing of skin fascinates you. What about Christian topics such as prayer, fasting etc. I am amazed at your interest...:shame:shocked!:

I am sure the NT church never discuss these mundate issues... skin certainly seems to attract your attention...Wonder what type of work you are involved in.:shades

Farouk forgive me... enquring minds want to know why topics such as tattoos, piercing of skin fascinates you. What about Christian topics such as prayer, fasting etc. I am amazed at your interest...:shame:shocked!:

I am sure the NT church never discuss these mundate issues... skin certainly seems to attract your attention...Wonder what type of work you are involved in.:shades

abide:

Prayer, fasting: these are good subjects to discuss; why not start threads on them?

It's hard to say that tatts, etc are not of contemporary relevance, though, or that Christians don't like faith related designs. (Plenty of Christians have ear piercings, too.)

PS
There's a little baby belonging to a friend of mine at church who has earrings. She looks so cute with them.

questdriven:

Cuteness is kind of subjective, I guess.

Although men have it done, too, sometimes, for older girls and women it's undeniable that it's a very womanly thing to do, isn't it?

Blessings.

There's a little baby belonging to a friend of mine at church who has earrings. She looks so cute with them.
My ex wanted to get my daughter's ears pierced at six months. I told her if that happened, there'd be a divorce. It may look cute, but it isn't necessary at that age. In fact, it's kinda silly at that age.

PS: There was a divorce, actually, but it was years later.

My ex wanted to get my daughter's ears pierced at six months. I told her if that happened, there'd be a divorce. It may look cute, but it isn't necessary at that age. In fact, it's kinda silly at that age.

PS: There was a divorce, actually, but it was years later.

this:

Hmm....

Anyway I guess you eventually relented about the holes ... :chin

PS:

Hi questdriven:

I see you're still Online.

I think a while back on these forums you may have said you'll want to pierce yours, eventually (when you're ready to take the plunge, I guess?).

Blessings.

Anyway I guess you eventually relented about the holes ... :chin
Nope, she didn't get her ears pierced until she was 13, and that was after weeks of whining to Dad about letting her get it done. I was raising my kids alone by that time. A lady at church said it would be all right, and it might get quieter around my house. :toofunny

this: ...a pity divorce was ever linked with ear piercing, though...
Trust me, there was nothing of "pity" about that divorce! It was a necessity to prevent mayhem.

Nope, she didn't get her ears pierced until she was 13..A lady at church said it would be all right....

this:

Yes, I'm sure the lady in church was right; women particularly do know about these things, and though young men sometimes do their ears too, yet for young women the kiosk/piercer trip is mostly part of growing up, as the lady in church would probably have told you.

this:

Yes, I'm sure the lady in church was right; women particularly do know about these things, and though young men sometimes do their ears too, yet for young women the kiosk/piercer trip is mostly part of growing up, as the lady in church would probably have told you.

Yeah, I'd like to at some point. Sooner or later.

PS: questdriven:

Re. growing up, I know you're already grown up, I didn't mean you weren't; but you know what I mean, anyway.

Blessings.

PS: questdriven:

Re. growing up, I know you're already grown up, I didn't mean you weren't; but you know what I mean, anyway.

Blessings.
Yeah, I know what you mean.
I guess in some ways I'm kind of stuck somewhere between a kid and an adult, though. Still in high school, live with my mom, etc.

Yeah, I know what you mean.
I guess in some ways I'm kind of stuck somewhere between a kid and an adult, though. Still in high school, live with my mom, etc.

questdriven:

Yes, well, I guess the context was from when Mr. thisnumber was referring to the lady in church that encouraged it for his daughter as a part of growing up: most girls growing up and their moms are keen for it to be done, as necessary event (although it's not strictly necessary, I suppose?). Up to the person. Blessings.

Would a healed Myringotomy (Ear Tube Surgery) count? I may have had tubes inserted to correct otitis media. If they do count (and I don't see why they should, they are healed over after-all) would they count as one "piercing" because it happened once when I was a child or as two because there were two holes made, one for each ear?

Would a ruptured ear drum count? Fluid would have presumably "pierced" the eardrum when it erupted.

What about other "holes" that were made for other types of surgery? Mastoidectomy comes to mind. Would Modified Radical Mastoidectomy count? Why or why not?

Would a healed Myringotomy (Ear Tube Surgery) count? I may have had tubes inserted to correct otitis media. If they do count (and I don't see why they should, they are healed over after-all) would they count as one "piercing" because it happened once when I was a child or as two because there were two holes made, one for each ear?

Would a ruptured ear drum count? Fluid would have presumably "pierced" the eardrum when it erupted.

What about other "holes" that were made for other types of surgery? Mastoidectomy comes to mind. Would Modified Radical Mastoidectomy count? Why or why not?

S:

Ouch!

Hope it's all doing okay now.

Visible piercings, Sparrow, visible piercings. And not the kind you can spot with the help of the light on an otoscope.

And did you have to be so graphic? I mean, really! :biggrin

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back