Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

How many holes do you have pierced in your ears?

How many pierced holes in your ears?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have no holes pierced in my ears, and no holes pierced anywhere else on my body, for that matter. Nor do I have any tatoos. God gave us wonderfully designed and functioning bodies, and I've never thought piercing or inking it was attractive. I far prefer the simple, pure, beauty of the un-messed with body.

It's just a personal preference, of course, and I don't presume to tell others what they should do. That doesn't mean, however, that I don't tease the boys I mentor about their tatoos...I do.

I know that when I'm around men with piercings I generally don't notice it until I have to look at them to talk with them, and even then, I think nothing of it. I'm just "meh" about it, and I feel society is too.
.. I'm triple pierced in my earlobes and have one cartilage piercing. I always wear something in them.
My mom has multiples and couldn't deny me mine when I asked for them since it'd be hypocritical of her. :lol And my sister had them in high school

PS: aquamarinesky54, re. what you said a while back:

Yes, for many women, having — and using — the multiple holes is for them personally their 'standard setting'.
In fact, it's been widespread now for a number of decades, right? and in practical terms it's no longer something associated just with teen high schoolers; it's become a well established custom to be passed down from mothers to daughters, often.

Seems like in many families for daughters to go get what eventually become their rows of holes each side "just like mom's" is a part of a series of pleasing, family rite of passage events.

And these days it's also not unusual for moms to take their sons to have it done; it used to for one, on one side only, but now the expectation between moms and sons is often to get both his ears done.

Blessings.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no holes pierced in my ears, and no holes pierced anywhere else on my body, for that matter. Nor do I have any tatoos. God gave us wonderfully designed and functioning bodies, and I've never thought piercing or inking it was attractive. I far prefer the simple, pure, beauty of the un-messed with body.

It's just a personal preference, of course, and I don't presume to tell others what they should do. That doesn't mean, however, that I don't tease the boys I mentor about their tatoos...I do.

mark:

In principle I agree, actually. As the Psalmist says, 'fearfully and wonderfully made', right?

But actually ear piercing is in the Bible, and at various junctures it's even in a positive light. The whole bondservant thing, Number 6, etc. was for both men and women, who were in that situation.

So a lot of the boys you mention have tatts? at 18 these days it's become something of a rite of passage, really, anyway. (Two cents'; if they are going to do it - and so many do -, then they might as well get a good design, if they are Christian, but anyhow...)

Oh okay, Agape, ty :).

(When you voted 'one' in the poll, I kind of thought, a lady getting one done on one side only, that's interesting, but hey! go for it...)

Now I see.

Blessings. :)

Oh sorry, thought in each earlobe lol

My mother is very liberal minded. She has many piercings and tattoos. She sort of encouraged me to get one. ..

PS: Bfnaught: What I wanted to say was, it often is mom, if a boy gets it done, who wants him to do it.

(I don't have a problem with it, actually.)

Blessings.

My ears were pierced when I was 5by my mom with a sterile sewing needle and ice,I had no say so in the matter. And before I came to the Lord I had them pierced two more times. I am so use to wearing earrings but I believe the scripture applies to ladies as well as men on not piercing any part of our bodies? :chin

My ears were pierced when I was 5by my mom with a sterile sewing needle and ice,I had no say so in the matter. And before I came to the Lord I had them pierced two more times. I am so use to wearing earrings but I believe the scripture applies to ladies as well as men on not piercing any part of our bodies? :chin

Tgalwk: Hi; thanks for your comment. it's interesting that the Lord Himself in Ezekiel 16.12 gives earrings (and even a nose ring) to Zion. (Some people would say, Oh, it doesn't count.) So then we go to various passages which speak of God commanding that people pierce their ears in certain circumstances: bondservants offered their freedom who choose to serve permanently in willing service. (But then someone else might say, Oh, not today.) And so it goes. It's hard to claim that it's somehow 'wrong' in itself. Passages such as Romans 14 speak of Christian liberty in non essential things.

So you're triple pierced? Well, many people would say, this is nice. Whether you think it's nice, and whether you are used to wearing earrings is entirely a matter for you to figure. (Make any sense? :) )

Blessings.

Last edited by a moderator:
....She sort of encouraged me to get one. She thought it would make me stand out. I was very shy and introverted and was afraid it would make me stand out. ..

Hi, Bfnaught:

PS: I was reading what you said, and it must have been a kind of dilemma situation, right?

You and your mom both thought it would make you stand out; the same impression.

But your, and her, conclusion about it were the opposite.

She wanted you to stand out!

But you didn't!

Interesting that you and she should make the same observation but you concluded so differently! I wonder why?

Blessings.

Hi farouk,

Like following Jesus is radical today. :)

- Davies

Boy o boy, yes, you make an excellent point, which I could expand on enormously.

(Would be better on another thread, mind, because it's a bit off topic!)

Blessings.

I know i am heading for trouble answering this but here goes..... A strong looking very male looking guy with dark complection and dark hair looks good witha diamond... .

reba:

Looking again at what you wrote, sounds like you'd be pretty comfortable (quietly or otherwise) accompanying a male relative to the mall to get his ear(s) studded.

Blessings.

None as yet, i'v never really felt the need I would probably only get bored of changing them I don't really see the point in having hols in my ears. But my brother had his done recently and I think he looks quite good.

None as yet, i'v never really felt the need I would probably only get bored of changing them I don't really see the point in having hols in my ears. But my brother had his done recently and I think he looks quite good.

So4: So have you considered whether it might look good for you as well?

Back