Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
As long as you dont teach that water saves you..........then feel free.
But if you are going to teach "cult of Mary" "baptismal regeneration" in place of the Blood Atonement, as Catholics always do, then THAT needs to be on a Catholic Thread, and not on a Thread devoted to the Cross and the Blood of Jesus and the Gift of Salvation.

What I teach about baptism is founded upon scripture.

I actually agree with you that being born of water refers to natural birth.

Please tone down the derogatory comments about Catholics.

JLB

Abraham was justified by faith'...."Abraham is the father of our Faith"..

Yes. I agree.

However, I wonder if you understand what Justified by faith means?

Justified by faith, the obedience of faith, means God spoke to Abraham in which he received faith, and Abraham obeyed the word of faith and was therefore justified, declared to be righteous.

Very simple. “By faith” means obedience to what God commands you to do.

By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to the place which he would receive as an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing where he was going. Hebrews 11:8

JLB

Very simple. “By faith” means obedience to what God commands you to do.

commandments and Jesus's commands, are Holy.
What isn't is when you try to teach that not keeping them, causes you to lose your salvation.
Do you believe you can lose your salvation?

Also,

Read my Threads, as they are fast becoming a seminary class regarding Ephesians 2:8 and Romans 3:21-28

What isn't is when you try to teach that not keeping them, causes you to lose your salvation.
Do you believe you can lose your salvation?

I believe a born again Christian who sins and does not repent and confess their sin but continues to practice unrighteousness can and will eventually become lost.

What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’ I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance. Luke 15:4-7

• Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’
  • I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance.

JLB

I believe a born again Christian who sins and does not repent and confess their sin but continues to practice unrighteousness can and will eventually become lost.

JLB
to practice unrighteousness is called "sin". or "works of the flesh" if you understand the concept of "dominion", as this changes, when a person is born again.

Christ became OUR sin on the cross regarding all who are born again... which is why "our old man is crucified with Christ".
There go your sin. And the Sacrifice of Christ is a "one time Sacrifice for all sin".
All, means, He forgave them all.
Paul says we are now : "dead to sin".
This means that how we behave, is not why God accepted us to begin with, and because of that it has no bearing on why God Keeps us.
See, we came to God as "UNGODLY"...."when we were YET SINNERS"....
So, we were in sin and sinning when God took us and made us righteous., Spiritually, as if we have never sinned.
We were under the law, until we were born again, and now its this...>"not under the law, but under Grace".
So, where is sin found? Its found under the law, and the born again, are not under the law.
This does not change later, based on behavior.

Deceivers use Christian forums to practice how to deceive. They love to find a real believer and gang up on them.
They think this is "funny".

I was talking to the owner of a very big online christian forum.......talking to him for 2 yrs in PMs and on the forum...... as he was allowing the worst type of Cross denying legalist heretics to just park and preach.
When i left that forum 18 months ago, that had ended because by my persistence along with 2 other Mods helping me to stay there.... finally caused the owner to realize that a forum is a online Church that has to be respected and not given over to Legalists whose only reason to be on it, and in many cases these are the Mods.....their only reason to be there is to try to teach you that you can lose your salvation.
They are a one trick heretic pony led by the devil, thinking they are teaching the truth.

Like this.. for example....

"well, over here it says, castaway""".....And what does that mean? """ummm, well, my commentary and the other mods here says it means...."lose your salvation""". But Jesus said you will never Perish........""."Um well, what if you walk away from yer faith""""...... Well, Faith isnt the Savior, God is.... and, Jesus said that no man can take you out of His hand, and that includes the person who is saved and trying to take themselves out of His hand....
(The heretic reloads after consulting commentary)...
""""now wait......you mean that DEMAS is not in hell like our Pastor told us last Sunday"..... Thats right....."""but he has to be, My Pastor would know.. as Demas didnt keeps commandments and didnt continue to obey the Lord".... Yes thats true, and yet, Paul does not say he went to hell, he just said he left.. So, that means that He was born again... """""now wait.....you are one of those eternal security people that Believes that you can never perish and that God's blood keeps you saved tomorrow, just like it kept you saved yesterday, based on God's Grace and not your works"........ Yeah....thats true as that is Pauline Theology, ever heard of that?

"Ummmmmmmm"
---------------------------

So, these types....They chop down the Cross with their Grace denying Gospel of "do THIS to stay saved", and the harm it causes real believers, can be LIFE LONG....... if they can influence them for the devil.
-----------------

Why do denominations exist?
Its because there is no union of theological mind.
Denominations exist based on this ONE idea....>"here is what WE BELIEVE". = Our Denomination.
And Forums exist for the same reason.....
I go to
forums, and i discern the problem.
As they all have one. Its usually a cult of legalism, but not always.
So, whatever is the spiritual issue, the theological misfire, i Thread and Post the cure.
A real born again Teacher who is teaching truth, finds out what is missing or what is wrong in the belief system, and pursues that till its solved.

Let me show you what i mean.
Lets say that Bart is keeping commandments to try to stay saved, because he was taught by theologically devil led liars that the blood of Jesus is only as good as his behavior....So, as he knows he messes up, he had been taught that he has to correct this by works and self effort and trying to keep commandments, and by confessing sin.
Bart is doing all that, because he has been taught NOT TO BELIEVE that Salvation is Jesus Himself,...vs BART trying to keep himself saved.
So, when i find these thousands and thousands of Barts in classes and in church, i teach and teach and teach the message of "the GIFT of Salvation". "The GIFT of righteousness", and on Forums i write Threads that offer deliverance from self saving broken faith mentality, that some Barts will come to SEE and they find Real Faith in Christ.
Its not all of them, but that is just how it goes, as even the Cross does not bring everyone to Christ.
What matters is that the Lighthouse is shining so that the Barts can come to SEE the Truth.
You'll soon learn that I am a brief responder...

Hebrews 7:25 (KJV) Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Yes.

As i said, you believe you can lose your salvation.
Did someone bring you to this deception, or did you go into the book of Hebrews and find some verses that are talking to unsaved Hebrews that you took personally?
Or, did someone teach you that James's "dead faith" verse, means "lost salvation"?

Do, you happen to know when you began to believe .... that if you are not good enough, you wont go to heaven?

Listen carefully..... when you believe that you can lose your salvation, this means you are not trusting in Christ for your Salvation any longer.
That's not a personal attack......
So, this is why you are so obsessed with talking about "Jesus's commandments".., as they are your savior as you have faith in them.
See, you explained your savior as......As long as i dont do this, i keep myself SAVED = """""all who confess their sin but continues to practice unrighteousness can and will eventually become lost. """""

So your method of self saving is..

1. Keeping Jesus's Commandments
2.) confessing sin
3, do not practice unrighteous.

And you believe that if you maintain that list, you get to go to heaven. So, there is your Savior.
Its that List.

You'll soon learn that I am a brief responder...

Hebrews 7:25 (KJV) Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

I love your post.

"saved to the utter most".......that would be...."eternal security", otherwise known as "everlasting life".....otherwise known as "Christ in you, the hope of Glory".

How long does being born again last?

A.) For as long as God lives.

What I teach about baptism is founded upon scripture.

I actually agree with you that being born of water refers to natural birth.

Please tone down the derogatory comments about Catholics.
JLB
Actually it is based on your misinterpretation of Scripture. You have yet to reply with an explanation of how your interpretation of Eph 2:8-9 fits with the command given in Rom 10:9-10.

I love your post.

"saved to the utter most".......that would be...."eternal security", otherwise known as "everlasting life".....otherwise known as "Christ in you, the hope of Glory".

Don't forget 'He ever liveth to make intercession for them (us)'.

That means He is continually praying for us remembering whatsoever He asks the Father shall be honored by the Father.

Matthew 7:11 (NASB) "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!

How much more when the righteous God/man asks.

The gift is the Holy Spirit to be with us forever.

John 14:16-17
These are helpful in that regard...

2 Corinthians 1:22 (NASB) who also sealed us and gave us the Spirit in our hearts as a pledge.

Ephesians 1:13 (NASB) In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation--having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 4:30 (NASB)
Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

I love your post.

We remain in Christ as long as we keep His commandments, which are written on our heart and mind. His commandments are not burdensome and are the way of love; loving God and loving our neighbor.

For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. 1 John 5:3

Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1 John 2:3-4

Knowing Him is eternal life. If we claim to “know Him” yet we live a hate filled life of breaking His commandments, we are a liar and the truth is not in us.

I just don’t see how this could possibly be misunderstood.

JLB

So, based on the lack of response to my question, I can only assume that you see the point I am making (since it is painfully obvious), but that you refuse to admit that there ARE conditions (physical actions man MUST take) in order to receive God’s gift of salvation.

This means that the interpretation of Eph 2:8-9 that says there is no physical action necessary to receive salvation is incorrect. This passage means that our actions do not EARN salvation, not that they are unnecessary.

And if there is one action (verbal confession that Jesus is Lord (Rom 10:10)), there may be more. And when we scour Scripture we do find two other physical actions mandated by God. Repentance and Baptism (Acts 3:19, Acts 2:38, Mark 16:16).

You continue to imply that im stating opinions , yet you offer no proof. Just the insinuation.

Why dont you "quote" what you define as my opinion, and i'll show you from the NT that its not.
Or, post a question, that isn't a 10,000 word essay of your opinion, that has a question hidden in it somewhere.

Bethel all you would have to do is put in parenthesis the verses you get your info on. It would be easy with all you were saying. But a new Christian can come on and wonder if water baptism is what saves for example, because no references are made. Even non Christians sort of can sense the Bible has final authority. The rules are in place for a reason.... I know I can be bad about it, because I know word before address myself. But in Bible study, it is important. It is our defense as Christians.

"For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart."
Hebrews 4:12 NASB1995

Here is how you get eternal life.

Do you want it?

Ok...
Here is how you get it.

"The Gift of God is eternal Life". (Romans 6:23)

See that?
"The gift of God.... >IS< ....eternal life".

So, to have eternal life, you have to get God's Gift.
You have to possess this "gift", as "Christ in you".

And who is God's Gift?
This Is Jesus.
He is God's Gift, and He Himself is Eternal Life. John 14:6
Jesus tells you that He is the Truth, the Way, and The Life".
So, if He is all that, and you have Him, then what do you have?
You have eternal life.

1.) The Truth that Jesus is the only Way To God

2.) The Way to God, is to Have Him is The Truth

3.) And the Life that you have in you, (if you are born again)......IS because you have Him in you, is ETERNAL.

-----------------------

John teaches that : "you may KNOW that you have Eternal Life." (John 5:39; 1 John 5:13; )
You dont have to guess.
You dont have to hope for it, and you don't earn it, or work for it, or try to keep it, once you have it.

Eternal life is not a period of time that never ends.
Eternal life is JESUS who is "THE LIFE", and if you have Him inside you, then you are born again, and you have eternal life.

Why?
Because you just read that "Eternal Life" is the GIFT of God., And you just read that Jesus Himself IS Eternal Life.
And you just read that you can KNOW you have eternal life.

So, how do you get JESUS< who Himself IS eternal life. ???

Jesus says that to have Him, you must do this..= "You must be born again".
(Now there was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews; this man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, “Rabbi, we know that You have come from God as a teacher; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him.” Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” Nicodemus *said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born, can he?” Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not be amazed that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit.” Nicodemus said to Him, “How can these things be?” Jesus answered and said to him, “Are you the teacher of Israel and do not understand these things? Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know and testify of what we have seen, and you do not accept our testimony. If I told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things? No one has ascended into heaven, but He who descended from heaven: the Son of Man. so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life. “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
John 3:1‭-‬13‭, ‬15‭-‬16 NASB1995)

And that is not water baptism, reader.
I Agree. I read the passage this way also. Clear separation.
That is a 2nd Birthday. It is a Spiritual Birth.
See you had one, and you can thank your mother later today.
And to have eternal life you have to have a 2nd Spiritual Birth>day.
"you MUST be born again". That's BIRTH #2.
Its a Spiritual birth that causes your born again SPIRIT to become a "new Creation"..."In Christ".

How do you get that?
God gives it to you as a Gift. "The GIFT of Salvation".
See that GIFT?
That Gift is the promise of God that you will receive the Gift of Eternal life, ("Christ in you") if you are born again.
-----------------------------------------------------

Again.. "The Gift of God IS eternal life". And this Gift is the result of receiving "the Gift of Salvation", which is the result of possessing "the Gift of righteousness".
Are you born again? If so, then all that has become not only what you possess, but who you have become.
The born again are become..."the righteousness of God, in Christ".
(Romans 3:21-24)
The born again have become....>"As Jesus IS, so are the born again, in this world".

Jesus Himself is all those Gifts, given to you.
If you have Jesus in you, then you are born again, and you have all those Gifts.

How do you "have" Jesus?
= "You must be born again".
And what happens.... is that you're born into the Spirit of God, by the Spirit of God, and that is where your born again SPIRIT exists, ETERNALLY. = Your Spirit in Spiritual Union with God's Spirit as 'ONE WITH GOD".
This is what it means to be "born again".
And why is that "eternal life"?
Its because God is "A" Spirit, who has no beginning and no ending, He is ETERNAL.
This means when you exist as "ONE WITH GOD, in Christ", SPIRITUALLY BORN AGAIN...= you now have BECOME the same eternal LIFE....and that life is Christ in you, which is your Eternal Life.

(Relevation 22:13)

Bethel you have spoken a lot of Truth. But others can just as easily say their Truth is right. Like water Baptism for salvation. I disagree with that, because of scripture. I put scriptures in bold.

Last edited:
Back