Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How was the Thief on the Cross Saved?

• Thread starter TruthSeeker2012
  • Start date

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
First of all, a person, MUST hear about a subject before they can even begin to believe. An unspoken or unheard message is of no use without hearing about it first. This concept is shared in both the secular and religious world.

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live"

It is not you or I that deliver the message, we only bear testimony to it.

True evangelism is knowing the will of God and going and talking to who He is calling, we are his ambassadors, the physical and tangible representatives here on earth.

The Gospel that saved the thief is inherent in his actions. its pure faith devoid of works! nothing else saved that man, it was absolute 100% faith that Jesus is the messiah.

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live"

It is not you or I that deliver the message, we only bear testimony to it.

True evangelism is knowing the will of God and going and talking to who He is calling, we are his ambassadors, the physical and tangible representatives here on earth.

The Gospel that saved the thief is inherent in his actions. its pure faith devoid of works! nothing else saved that man, it was absolute 100% faith that Jesus is the messiah.
I like what you said a lot Levi. Definitive all the way.

What was the thief on the cross saved from exactly?

Maybe doing some time in the hot house bc now his sins were forgiven, since he believed in Christ?

Methinks you have a serious issue with reading comprehension.

I have already stated that NOTHING I do can save me. My signature line, which has remained unchanged for several years, states the same thing. I have posted nearly a dozen times already that deny this idea. Am I dealing with a teenager or what?

How many times must I say it before it registers upstairs??? :nono2

Well I think you insulting demeanor is instep with your wishy washy hypocrisy.

You say that 'YOUR' signature line has remained unchanged for years, but you entered this conversation with quite a large burst of works based roman Catholicism, which got a lot of faithful Christians eyry up.

You are oxymoronic in your presentation and I would will that you check yourself before you go about accusing anyone else of preaching false gospel and apostasy.

I assure you that you are not dealing with a teenager and that these words that I am speaking to you now do indeed carry weight.

You cannot have it both ways. Attempting to side step the issue by avoiding your failure to preach a reciprocal for this 'nothing' that you do can save you is hypocritical when you accuse others of preaching false gospels, which I have observed you do in this thread.

i.e. If you cannot save yourself then you cannot reject salvation else failing to reject salvation by your own will would count as doing something to earn your salvation.

You either KNOW it's true when you hear it or you don't, this is God's free gift to man, FAITH-believing in the unseen, this is salvation-faith in Christ.

When that transpires in a mans life is God's sovereign decision.

2.5: Respect each others' opinions. Address issues, not persons or personalities. Give other members the respect you would want them to give yourself. Any personal problems with another member, then deal with it through private messages. Reba

If i have to clean up the thread, I doubt the posts wont read like you want them to.

Play nice :grumpy

..One is saved by God, not by their own faith or their own works...

Your comment contradicts Jesus and Scripture! According to you, we are not saved by our FAITH in Jesus. I need not comment any further on that, as everyone else can read your comments and come to their own conclusions.

Your comment contradicts Jesus and Scripture! According to you, we are not saved by our FAITH in Jesus. I need not comment any further on that, as everyone else can read your comments and come to their own conclusions.
Please, go back and re-read all that Francisdesales has posted. You are seriously misrepresenting him with this post.

Please, go back and re-read all that Francisdesales has posted. You are seriously misrepresenting him with this post.

I have read everything he said, and he has clearly stated and said that we are not saved by FAITH ALONE! Read all his comments in context and it's clear to see.

The gospel that Francis teaches is the EXACT same false gospel that Paul had to rebuke:

"...Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by observing the law, or by believing what you heard? Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort?" - Galatians 3:1-3

2.5: Respect each others' opinions. Address issues, not persons or personalities. Give other members the respect you would want them to give yourself. Any personal problems with another member, then deal with it through private messages. Reba

Truthseeker stop pushing

Gal 6:14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

I am saved by the Blood of Jesus Christ.

That's not entirely true! If you are saved by the Blood of Jesus Christ, that means EVERYONE is saved by the Blood of Jesus Christ.

Can you elaborate please? :chin

Act 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
Act 4:11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Thought it was clear enough -

OH well -

Once more then:

Faith - BIBLICAL Faith - will, of it's intrinsic nature Produce "an effect" in a Person, who has passed from spiritual "DEATH" into "Spiritual LIFE" by repentance, and Faith in the Sacrifice of Jesus as their "SIN OFFERING". The "Effect" will be multi-faceted. Attitute changes, appetites for God that weren't there before, a desire for the WORD of God, alteration in personality, changes in outlook, etc.

In MY case I went instantly from a totally hopeless, frightened, suicidal, and terminally depressed loser - to a NEW person, CLEAN before God, and with Peace, and the sense of a future (and the instant elimination of a 10-year three-pack a day cigarette habit - gone like it was never there).

SO - "It WORKED" - it made a CHANGE in me, as it does in other folks that are "Born Again".

What James addresses is a "Faith" that DOESN'T WORK - It produces NO EFFECT in the person CLAIMING to "have faith. James calls it "Dead Faith" - which, of course is NO Faith at all.

Simple as that.

I realize it may be a matter of semantics but, We are saved ultimately by, (God's Grace) Christ's Atonement on the cross. Our faith however, is instrumental to the Salvation process...

That's not entirely true! If you are saved by the Blood of Jesus Christ, that means EVERYONE is saved by the Blood of Jesus Christ.

Can you elaborate please? :chin

It's true, Christ died for the sins of the world but, NOT ALL will receive God's, AVAILABLE gift of forgiveness and mercy. Anyone who trusts in Christ and is "Born again" will be saved, by means of Christ's sacrifice on the cross...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back