Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

i am

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
If what man teaches does not line up with the doctrines of Christ within everything that is already written then they are false doctrines taught by a carnal mind as being man's traditional theories.

I haven't gone to church for a good many years since the last one was forced to close its doors. That was the only good word church in my area that taught truth. Now my fellowship is with everyone here at CF as we share with each other and my studies are in the doctrines of Christ by His Holy Spirit teaching me all that God wants us to learn.

Reactions: JLB
If what man teaches does not line up with the doctrines of Christ within everything that is already written then they are false doctrines taught by a carnal mind as being man's traditional theories.

I haven't gone to church for a good many years since the last one was forced to close its doors. That was the only good word church in my area that taught truth. Now my fellowship is with everyone here at CF as we share with each other and my studies are in the doctrines of Christ by His Holy Spirit teaching me all that God wants us to learn.

Maybe you should also point out to our new brother in Christ that even though you are an orthodox Christian and you believe it like it's written that you also know how to love and accept others for who they are as we have learned to agree to disagree. :) Cause I know you have a heart as big as an elephant and maybe even bigger and you definitely don't shove your beliefs down others throats and I just want him to get to understand that you don't really mean any harm. :hug

for me i walk in forgiveness by forgiving others...

mozo,

You can forgive others as much as you want and I hope you will continue to do that. But that will not grant you forgiveness of sin by God and entrance into eternal life.

Do you have a desire to be with the Trinitarian God after death? Where will you be one minute after your last breath?

Oz

Maybe you should also point out to our new brother in Christ that even though you are an orthodox Christian and you believe it like it's written that you also know how to love and accept others for who they are as we have learned to agree to disagree. :) Cause I know you have a heart as big as an elephant and maybe even bigger and you definitely don't shove your beliefs down others throats and I just want him to get to understand that you don't really mean any harm. :hug

Not sure what you mean by me causing him no harm?

I don't believe there is anything that is orthodox about me as I am not religious by the definition of that word, but that I am a blood bought child of God through by His grace through Christ Jesus and the Spiritual rebirth indwelled with the Holy Spirit. I don't voice any views, but that of what has already been written from Genesis to Revelation as being the written words of God. I will give my opinions at times and state they are only IMO.

I asked mozo1 to start a new thread on this subject so we can all get to know him better as we discuss the Bible with him. I'm very interested in knowing what and how he believes. Just because one does not list them self as Christian doesn't mean they are not as everyone comes to Christ in their own ways without ever stepping inside a church. We should never agree to disagree, but to share that of what we have learned through the Holy Spirit and let the other one make up their own mind what they want to believe just like you and I do at times.

Not sure what you mean by me causing him no harm?

I don't believe there is anything that is orthodox about me as I am not religious by the definition of that word, but that I am a blood bought child of God through by His grace through Christ Jesus and the Spiritual rebirth indwelled with the Holy Spirit. I don't voice any views, but that of what has already been written from Genesis to Revelation as being the written words of God. I will give my opinions at times and state they are only IMO.

I asked mozo1 to start a new thread on this subject so we can all get to know him better as we discuss the Bible with him. I'm very interested in knowing what and how he believes. Just because one does not list them self as Christian doesn't mean they are not as everyone comes to Christ in their own ways without ever stepping inside a church. We should never agree to disagree, but to share that of what we have learned through the Holy Spirit and let the other one make up their own mind what they want to believe just like you and I do at times.

I agree, I just didn't want him thinking that he couldn't be allowed to believe what he believes because you're not one of those kinds of Christians.

I agree, I just didn't want him thinking that he couldn't be allowed to believe what he believes because you're not one of those kinds of Christians.

He still labels himself (per avatar) as being a non-Christian. His Profile states he's from Burgas, which is in Bulgaria.

My point was he still labels himself as a non-Christian. He is from Bulgaria, which was ruled up until 1990 by the atheistic Bulgarian Communist Party. His environment has been non-Christian and antagonism to Jesus.

So what!? That doesn't say anything about him!! That's like saying all black people are thugs or all Muslims are terrorists' and news flash I have both of them as friends!! It's like Deb said we don't know anything about him yet and how dare you judge him because of that!! :mad

My point was he still labels himself as a non-Christian. He is from Bulgaria, which was ruled up until 1990 by the atheistic Bulgarian Communist Party. His environment has been non-Christian and antagonism to Jesus.

Come on Oz, you are judging him with out even knowing him and what he believes as he hasn't said to much yet. Many come to know Christ in non-Christian countries, especially Arab- Muslim domain countries. I'm looking forward in getting to know mozo1 as he shares with us.

So what!? That doesn't say anything about him!! That's like saying all black people are thugs or all Muslims are terrorists' and news flash I have both of them as friends!! It's like Deb said we don't know anything about him yet and how dare you judge him because of that!! :mad

I disagree. When he labels himself as a non-Christian, it does say something about his beliefs.

I disagree. When he labels himself as a non-Christian, it does say something about his beliefs.

Oz, go back and read what mozo1 said in post #4 and 5. Are we to just read the Bible or are we to study it in order to understand what we are reading. I agree with #5 as scripture does speak to a single truth as the word needs no outside interpretations.

In all my years of being a child of God I have never read the Bible cover to cover. Just because he has a "no" under his avatar does not mean that he has never received Jesus.

Your judging him without even knowing what he believes will stop right here as we judge no man or woman as judgement belongs to God.

hello OzSpen

no .... i tried reading it and got about 10mm in worth of pages and realized i had no clue to what it was saying so i gave up reading and starting to study it ....

mozo1,

On your avatar, you state 'No' to the question of whether you are a Christian.

Would you consider yourself a born-again Christian, as in John 3:3? Have you believed in Jesus Christ to grant you eternal life (John 3:16 NIV)?

Oz

Oz, go back and read what mozo1 said in post #4 and 5. Are we to just read the Bible or are we to study it in order to understand what we are reading. I agree with #5 as scripture does speak to a single truth as the word needs no outside interpretations.

FHG,

What is this 'single truth' the Bible speaks to?

As for the word needing no outside interpretation, this is a straw man fallacy. All of the Bible needs careful exegesis - obtaining the meaning from the text.

Do you realise that is not a single word in the NT that explains Greek grammar and syntax? If I didn't use J W Wenham's Elements of New Testament Greek, I would have a clue about the original NT language and how to translate it.

Whatever translation you use needed translators with an intricate knowledge of the original languages. They had to have knowledge acquired from outside sources to understand the original languages.

I find it to be a simplistic brushing aside of the importance of other Bible teachers for you to say: 'the word needs no outside interpretations'. The fact is that without outside interpretations we would have no Bible translations. I have a friend who is a SIL Bible translator in a foreign land. He went to Australian National University to get a degree in linguistics to assist him in developing a Bible translation for a tribe whose language was not in written form. It takes a lot of work to bring oral tradition into print and then to translate a Bible in the lingua franca of the people.

Frankly, I'm tired of your pushing the line that 'the word needs no outside interpretations' or the Bible is self-interpreting.

Your judging him without even knowing what he believes will stop right here as we judge no man or woman as judgement belongs to God.

This is a false accusation, and that by a moderator. I know some of his beliefs by his stating he is not Christian in his avatar.

Are Christians called to judge false doctrine? With your statement in bold, you provided no biblical reference. Could you be referring to Matt 7:1?

However, you've missed a lot of other Scriptures that call Christians to discernment (being judges of false and correct). I'm thinking of verses such as:
  • 1 Corinthians 5:11–13 (NIV): 'But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people. What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside. ‘Expel the wicked person from among you.’
  • 1 Cor 6:4 (NIV): 'Therefore, if you have disputes about such matters, do you ask for a ruling from those whose way of life is scorned in the church?'
  • 2 Thessalonians 3:6 (NIV): 'In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers and sisters, to keep away from every believer who is idle and disruptive and does not live according to the teaching you received from us'.
  • 1 Timothy 6:20 (NIV): 'Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to your care. Turn away from godless chatter and the opposing ideas of what is falsely called knowledge'.
  • Titus 3:9 (NIV): 'But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless'.
  • Etc, etc.
Based on these and many other verses it is the responsibility of Christians on this earth to be judges.

Until my dying day, you will never ever convince me that 'we judge no man or woman as judgement belongs to God'. When you make this kind of statement you promote false doctrine.

Oz

Back