Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

I have a question for a Post-Trib advocate

MisterE

John 14
1 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”

When do we go to the Father's house? I am of the pre-trib persuasion and believe that we go to the Father's house at the time of the pre-trib Rapture.

John 14
1 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”

When do we go to the Father's house? I am of the pre-trib persuasion and believe that we go to the Father's house at the time of the pre-trib Rapture.

Christians, those who are in Christ, go to heaven when we die;
to our Father’s house.

However, we can plainly see what Paul taught about the Resurrection and Rapture.

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 1 Thessalonians 4:15

• We who are alive and remain… refer to those who will be raptured.
  • Those who are asleep… refer to those who will be resurrected.

We see that both will occur at His coming.

Next, we see that both those who are raptured, and those who are resurrected will be caught up together to be with the Lord.

• Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them

For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

These are the first two things that occur at the coming of the Lord.

The third thing we will discuss after you respond to this post.

JLB

Christians, those who are in Christ, go to heaven when we die;
to our Father’s house.

However, we can plainly see what Paul taught about the Resurrection and Rapture.

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 1 Thessalonians 4:15

• We who are alive and remain… refer to those who will be raptured.
  • Those who are asleep… refer to those who will be resurrected.

We see that both will occur at His coming.

Next, we see that both those who are raptured, and those who are resurrected will be caught up together to be with the Lord.

• Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them

For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

These are the first two things that occur at the coming of the Lord.

The third thing we will discuss after you respond to this post.

JLB
Thank you for responding JLB.

Let me clarify my initial question. Jesus is going to a place to prepare dwelling places for the believers. And then, he will come again and take you to be with me (in my Father's house). When does Jesus come again and take believers to his Father's house? This is not a reference to when a believer dies, or is that what you are saying?

Back