Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

I want to beleave, but....

Brokendoll said:
ChattyMute said:
The arguments I listed before aren't my own, and I don't beleive any of them. They are just arguments I have heard (well, read) some people use against the theory of evolution.

Ah. My bad. I misunderstood you.
Damn, and here I was hoping to -finally- hear an intelligent argument for the mechanism that (according to some creationists) stops micro-evolution from becoming macro-evolution.

Oh well. The Theory of Evolution it is then, at least until someone comes up with something that fits the evidence better. I wish whoever takes on the task the best of luck. They are going to need it... ;)

That they are. I can't think of a single theory better supported by the evidence than the theory of evolution.

azlan88 said:
How do you explain the thousands of witnesses who say that they have seen visions, performed miracles and driven out demons? I can tell you a whole story about my mother's friend and her battle with witches and warlocks in a witch town, but you probably won't believe that, either. As for Rick's post, the apostle Paul described faith as "the belief in things unseen," but that doesn't mean that people haven't seen Jesus walk on water or rise from the dead.
dude i used to be a satanist, that stuff is very very real. secondly as a christian i have given people the tools to cast out demons as well, one girl i know had tons of stuff that would scare the hell out of her every night, she thought she was mentally ill, ut i told her to pray and ask god to bind all evil, etc etc. ever since then almost a year later, nothing has bothered her, what brought these things into her house was a ouija board.

Brokendoll said:
ChattyMute said:
Brokendoll said:
Does anyone know where I can experience these demons or spirits or whatever they are, first hand?

*points to above posts* Ouija board.

Somehow, I don't think that will work...

Oh, come on. :lol

Really though, I don't have an answer.

Oh! Oh! Voodoo! Make sure you a plucked, dead chicken with a head.

Slyvena said:
And I would advise you to keep your scepticism rather than experiment, Demons aren't fun.

You gotta keep in mind that I don't believe demons and witchcraft are real. But I know some really nasty results from people believing in that stuff. Do a websearch on Nigeria's Witch Children and see if you think this kind of superstition is something we should encourage.

Brokendoll said:
Slyvena said:
And I would advise you to keep your scepticism rather than experiment, Demons aren't fun.

You gotta keep in mind that I don't believe demons and witchcraft are real. But I know some really nasty results from people believing in that stuff. Do a websearch on Nigeria's Witch Children and see if you think this kind of superstition is something we should encourage.
Why do you want to experience something that you don't believe in? If you've heard of nasty things happening to people that believe in them, why do you want to experience them?

There are demons in this world: fact. But I think it is just supersitition in regards to things like Nigeria's Witch Children.

Excuse me if this is going off topic.

Nick_29 said:
Why do you want to experience something that you don't believe in? If you've heard of nasty things happening to people that believe in them, why do you want to experience them?

Let's just say I have some scientific tests I want to do, and a million dollars to collect. ;)

Nick_29 said:
There are demons in this world: fact.

Do you have any evidence to back that claim up?
And no, eye-witness accounts and personal anecdotes do not count.

Nick_29 said:
But I think it is just supersitition in regards to things like Nigeria's Witch Children

So, how do you separate what they believe in (witchcraft) from what you believe in (evil spirits and demons)? What is the logical dividing line that led to that conclusion?

The journey to faith is not instant. For a few its hapens in a single transformational experience, and for others its a journey. Either way, because its on your mind you will find your answer. Practice the virtue of patience, and you will have your answers.

heavens1gate said:
The journey to faith is not instant. For a few its hapens in a single transformational experience, and for others its a journey. Either way, because its on your mind you will find your answer. Practice the virtue of patience, and you will have your answers.

Look, I'm terribly impatient, and if this demon-possession-thingie is such a problem that we should be concerned, certainly there should be someplace I can see these demons first hand... >_>

Brokendoll said:
Look, I'm terribly impatient, and if this demon-possession-thingie is such a problem that we should be concerned, certainly there should be someplace I can see these demons first hand... >_>

I find it highly unlikely that 'demon possession' is any more than the mind playing 'tricks'. If you believe in something enough it's bound to come 'true', in your own mind anyways.

seekandlisten said:
Brokendoll said:

I find it highly unlikely that 'demon possession' is any more than the mind playing 'tricks'. If you believe in something enough it's bound to come 'true', in your own mind anyways.

Oh, I agree, but apparently some people believe these evil spirits (or whatever) are real, so I thought I'd give them a chance to present some evidence. ;)

Brokendoll said:
seekandlisten said:
Brokendoll said:

Oh, I agree, but apparently some people believe these evil spirits (or whatever) are real, so I thought I'd give them a chance to present some evidence. ;)

Brokendoll said:
Nick_29 said:

Let's just say I have some scientific tests I want to do, and a million dollars to collect. ;)

[quote="Nick_29":21wvtri4]There are demons in this world: fact.

Do you have any evidence to back that claim up?
And no, eye-witness accounts and personal anecdotes do not count.

Nick_29 said:
But I think it is just supersitition in regards to things like Nigeria's Witch Children

So, how do you separate what they believe in (witchcraft) from what you believe in (evil spirits and demons)? What is the logical dividing line that led to that conclusion?[/quote:21wvtri4]
Lots of the supernatural cannot be proven (or disproven) by science. Face it: there are some things that science is good for and other things that it is not.

Eye-wittness accounts are pretty credible - or don't you trust anybody? :D

I think we're treading off topic here, btw.

Nick_29 said:
Lots of the supernatural cannot be proven (or disproven) by science. Face it: there are some things that science is good for and other things that it is not.

Eye-witness accounts mean pretty much 'nothing' in reference to the supernatural. I could tell you I seen first hand a demon fly out of someone and burn in the sun but that doesn't make it true does it? And you are right this is straying off topic. :)

seekandlisten said:
Nick_29 said:

Eye-witness accounts mean pretty much 'nothing' in reference to the supernatural. I could tell you I seen first hand a demon fly out of someone and burn in the sun but that doesn't make it true does it? And you are right this is straying off topic. :)
That's different to what is said in the bible...but perhaps for another thread.

:topictotopic

Back