Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I was denied the eucharist...and it hurt

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, he did preserve it.
He keeps it mostly in the minds and hearts of non-Catholic, non-Protestant, non-denominational believers. I say this with certainty because the organizations of men are inevitably going to be corrupted by godless, Spirit-less men who crave positions of authority. It's a given. That's why I contend that the true church of God (the nation and people of true believers) is not identified and contained in an organization at all. True believers are intermingled with the nations and peoples of the world at this present time and won't be gathered together as the organized body of God's people until the end.

More opinions.

And you are implying that Jesus failed to keep his promise for 1500 years until Martin Luther and his merry band came along.

My current church circle will offer the eucharist to any non-water-baptised Christian outside its circle, but deny it to any non-water-baptised Christian within its circle: a higher bar, I know not why.
I guess the same reason you receive more favor and aid from the US government if you enter the United States illegally across our open border as a non-US citizen than if you are a law abiding, tax paying citizen of the United States. Right, miamited ? :lol

Untrue.

You don't know that. There were several languages around in Jesus time that were commonly spoken - Hebrew/Aramaic, Greek and Latin.
Pilate placed a notice on the cross above Jesus head - "and it was written in Hebrew, in Latin, and in Greek." (John 19:20)
Yes, because Latin was the OFFICIAL language of the Roman Empire. It would be disrespectful to Caesar to write in Hebrew and Greek and NOT Latin. By the same virtue Hebrew was arguably the OFFICIAL language of the Jews, which is why it was not written in Araimic, which he spoke.

Yes, because Latin was the OFFICIAL language of the Roman Empire. It would be disrespectful to Caesar to write in Hebrew and Greek and NOT Latin. By the same virtue Hebrew was arguably the OFFICIAL language of the Jews, which is why it was not written in Araimic, which he spoke.

And did Jesus speak in Latin to Pilate or did Pilate speak Aramaic?

The truth is that you don't know what languages Jesus spoke in his lifetime.

The Catholic Church does not "prevent a genuine child of God from approaching God in worship who has not disqualified himself, Biblically, from approaching God in worship".
That is just another of your false claims.
Good grief, man. It happened to the OP!!!!
No it didn't. She would have been very welcome to attend the religious service and worship God. It was just communion she could not share.
And that's what happened!
She was denied Communion!
Yet, you claim that the Catholic church does not keep a child of God from approaching God in worship.

That's even worse. Now you are suggesting Jesus didn't keep his promise until Jethro Bodine came along. :eek
No, not at all, friend.

I have the benefit of, first of all, the Holy Spirit of discernment (which Catholics say only the leadership of the Catholic church has). And secondly, very well versed and devout brothers and sisters who love and study the scriptures like I do who teach me, and inspire me to ever increasing knowledge of God and the things of God. I did not figure out what truth I do know on my own (1 Corinthians 4:7). And I certainly didn't get it from the Catholic church!

You don't seem to understand, let alone believe, that there has always been the true church of God's people despite the religious organizations of men competing for the title of 'The One True Church'.

No, not at all, friend.

I have the benefit of, first of all, the Holy Spirit of discernment (which Catholics say only the leadership of the Catholic church has).

Untrue
And secondly, very well versed and devout brothers and sisters who love and study the scriptures like I do who teach me, and inspire me to ever increasing knowledge of God and the things of God. I did not figure out what truth I do know on my own (1 Corinthians 4:7). And I certainly didn't get it from the Catholic church!

From what you have posted so far you don't seem to have got much truth from anywhere.

You don't seem to understand, let alone believe, that there has always been the true church of God's people despite the religious organizations of men competing for the title of 'The One True Church'.

I do understand that, and that true church of God's people is the Catholic Church.

She is welcome to go into any Catholic Church and worship God.
...just not take Communion.
You don't seem to realize that's her, a child of God, being hindered from approaching God in worship.

Jesus died to set us free from that kind of man made interference. No man has the authority to hinder they that have already been brought near to God through faith in Christ. This is what God's war on the Pharisees was all about - the end of meaningless, outward, elemental laws that prevented people from approaching God in worship.

You don't seem to realize that's her, a child of God, being hindered from approaching God in worship.

Jesus died to set us free from that kind of man made interference. No man has the authority to hinder they that have already been brought near to God through faith in Christ. This is what God's war on the Pharisees was all about - the end of meaningless, outward, elemental laws that prevented people from approaching God in worship.
Am I correct in understanding I can't even say AMEN either?

I do understand that, and that true church of God's people is the Catholic Church.
No the true church of God is composed of each individual Spirit-filled believer.
We are scattered throughout the globe in various man made organizations of men.

You are just re-hashing old failed arguments.

She is welcome to go into any Catholic Church and worship God.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back