Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I was denied the eucharist...and it hurt

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Status
Not open for further replies.
If a person is already born again and at one and at peace with God through Jesus Christ what right, what authority does anyone have to separate him from a celebration of the body and blood of Christ in Communion (outside of the Biblical reason, of course)? This is the very kind of interference by religious law that Paul says ended with the introduction of the New Covenant.

This has already been explained several times.

Why then was she rejected by them to partake of communion.

If a person is part of the New Covenant, then they have a right to partake of communion.

There is no such thing as Catholic or Protestant in the kingdom of God.

JLB

We've been through this again and again in this thread.

And the slanderous lie was nothing to do with communion.

I decided to attend the Catholic Liturgy of the Passion, as opposed to attending the CofE service (I'm in the UK). I stood in line for communion, but was denied it. At first I was confused. Then embarassed. Then angry. And now I am upset. Are we not ALL children of God? So can we not ALL enjoy his flesh?
The euangelion is that all who are Christians, have received Christ’s blood & body at conversion. Some ecclesiologies deem the eucharist to be life-giving, rather than death-reminding. They factor in ideas about who may and may not partake. Sadly these criteria are nonnegotiables to rank & file believers—we must lump if we do not like them. My current church circle will offer the eucharist to any non-water-baptised Christian outside its circle, but deny it to any non-water-baptised Christian within its circle: a higher bar, I know not why.

If I were denied the eucharist, or denied it (I have an issue with hygiene of shared cups/chalices), I would simply partake in imagination, which is what the elements are intended to trigger.

The Catholic Church doesn't teach that "to become a saved person you have to literally eat the body and blood of Christ".
You seem to have many false understandings of what the Catholic Church teaches.
Okay? It doesn't matter WHAT they teach, as bow to the authority of ROME (the Empire that persecuted Jews and Christians) not the WORD of Jesus Christ.

Then this is a 180° turn around from what I was taught from the Catholic church. I was taught that to not be Catholic was an elevator ride to hell.

Then I think either you were badly taught or that you misunderstood.

Okay? It doesn't matter WHAT they teach, as bow to the authority of ROME (the Empire that persecuted Jews and Christians) not the WORD of Jesus Christ.
You appear to be confusing the Catholic Church and the Roman Empire.

Jesus gave authority to the apostles and his Church. Why do you not recognise that authority?

I can't think of any heresy in the early church.
Can you?

The early Church fought against heresies.
Irenaeus of Lyons wrote a 5 volume book Against Heresies in the second half of the 2nd century.
But I believe Jesus kept his promise to his Church to preserve the truth.

Vatican one . This was said locally by the large parishes and go into four counties under the diocese of wpb.
I vaguely recall Vatican one saying that and older Catholics,mom was one said that .
She as her siblings being Irish .

Confirmed and named.hers was Mary ,her younger brother st.john and her older brother I don't know all have that as a middle name legally .

Mom carries her confirmation photo still.

It's obvious, then, that Catholics deny access to Communion based on religious affiliation, not whether one is born again and acting in line with faith, or not. An entirely and very un-Biblical reason. But since Catholics don't believe in sola-scriptura and can invent their own extra-Biblical doctrines then I guess it's okay.

See, your spiritual rule is that of men, not the Spirit that moved the Apostles. And all you can do to rationalize that fact is to insist your men are also moved by the Holy Spirit. Well, you're a sitting duck for error if you submit to such a system. And it's obvious that is exactly what has happened to the Catholic church. It is rift with error by way of the teaching and interpretation of men.
As I've said, it's a moot point. They follow Rome, not the WORD of Christ Jesus.

Jesus never spoke Latin.

No. They (those outside of the priesthood) only have access to the Bible because of the efforts of Martin Luther.
Again not true. That is historically illiterate.
Moreover it was more like the other way round since the Bible was compiled by the Catholic Church

But I believe Jesus kept his promise to his Church to preserve the truth.
Yes, he did preserve it.
He keeps it mostly in the minds and hearts of non-Catholic, non-Protestant, non-denominational believers. I say this with certainty because the organizations of men are inevitably going to be corrupted by godless, Spirit-less men who crave positions of authority. It's a given. That's why I contend that the true church of God (the nation and people of true believers) is not identified and contained in an organization at all. True believers are intermingled with the nations and peoples of the world at this present time and won't be gathered together as the organized body of God's people until the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back