Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

if one doest accept the trinity then what was jesus?

francisdesales said:
Yea, JESUS IS LORD (KYRIOS = GOD)

Regards

Of course Jesus is Lord. It is clearly said in the Bible tons of time. But you cannot find even one verse saying Jesus is God. God and Jesus does not share the same title.

I ask you to be open and honest what I am talking since I have been open about myself, even my silly mistakes and misjudging other believers that I thought were my side.

francisdesales said:
[

Do you understand what the words "just as" means? Are you saying that you do not have to honor the Father??? If you do not honor the Son JUST AS the Father, then you got some problems... :shame

Of course I honer both of them. I honor Jesus' Father as God and I honor Jesus as His Son and the Lamb for all of us.

lol, shad you just claimed the divinity and equality of the christ as the same as the father.

the lord doenst share his glory.

jasoncran said:
i hope that wasnt at us that are protestants as well, dad of 10. i do accept the trinity. though we have disagreed on rcc specific doctrines, i'm not in the position to say that those the are catholic dont know jesus.

You can do the same thing I just did, Jason. Just make something up that disparages another group of Christians, pick verses, string them together, babble incoherently about "the end times", "popes" and "the anti-Christ" and say "see" at the end.

You too can be a conspiracy theorist, just like Elijah674...

Maybe you can get your own tract publishing company and make a few bucks on the side.

shad said:
francisdesales said:
Yea, JESUS IS LORD (KYRIOS = GOD)

Regards

Of course Jesus is Lord. It is clearly said in the Bible tons of time. But you cannot find even one verse saying Jesus is God. God and Jesus does not share the same title.

Shad,

When "Kyrios" is used, Lord = God, since that is the context in the Septuagint. Thus, you are mistaken.

I think John 5 is clear, we must honor God the Father JUST AS Son. Thus, the Shema is applied (as you admitted) to Jesus. The Scritpures clearly tell us that the Shema is only applied to God, thus, if we honor Jesus as the Father, Jesus MUST be God. Very clear. And He is called "KYRIOS", God.

Regards

jasoncran said:
i hope that wasnt at us that are protestants as well, dad of 10. i do accept the trinity. though we have disagreed on rcc specific doctrines, i'm not in the position to say that those the are catholic dont know jesus.

You what?? Which is the post saying, that the catholic doctrines are corrupt, yet the individual person cannot be seen as such by human mankind. That it is only God that can read the heart & motive. (of which I agree with) Or that one cannot do as God does & call them the ABOMINATION OF THE EARTH?? (of which I do not agree with) And is it because they claim a type of trinity doctrine?

--Elijah

francisdesales said:
shad said:
Of course I honer both of them. I honor Jesus' Father as God and I honor Jesus as His Son and the Lamb for all of us.

JUST AS, Shad. JUST AS...

Would you clarify this please? You seem to be implying that I don't honor God and Jesus. How am I dishonoring them with my above claim? It's exactly what Jesus did and what He told us to do.

shad said:
francisdesales said:
shad said:

Would you clarify this please? You seem to be implying that I don't honor God and Jesus. How am I dishonoring them with my above claim? It's exactly what Jesus did and what He told us to do.
I think you dishonor Jesus by
#1 Denying His deity.
#2 Attacking His children.
#3 The hardness and unteachability of your heart.

Elijah674 said:
jasoncran said:

You what?? Which is the post saying, that the catholic doctrines are corrupt, yet the individual person cannot be seen as such by human mankind. That it is only God that can read the heart & motive. (of which I agree with) Or that one cannot do as God does & call them the ABOMINATION OF THE EARTH?? (of which I do not agree with) And is it because they claim a type of trinity doctrine?

--Elijah

It seems that trinitarians believe you are ok as long as you believe in the trinity. Jesus commands all His followers to be faithful to Him in everything He commands and teaches, not just popular ones and politically correct ones.

odd, shad, my pastor preached on holiness.
odd francisdales, and drew beleive that one needs to have the fruits of good works in order for salvation

i have doubts if someone is truly saved if sooner or later no evidence of change is shown or fruits.

shad said:
francisdesales said:
shad said:

Of course I am not implying that you do not honor God and Jesus - just the opposite. You consider Jesus is God but you don't want to admit that.

You pointed out that you love Jesus with all of your heart, soul and mind. The Bible tells us we are to do that ONLY to God. This is called the "Shema", this saying from Deuteronomy that Christ repeats as the heart of the Torah. Jesus says we must honor the Son JUST AS the Father. Thus, knowing the commandments, to have no other God's but Yahweh, and at the same time, we are told to honor the Son JUST AS the Father, either there is a massive disconnect going on here or, as the New Testament states:

Jesus is Kyrios. God.

Remember, Shad, JUST AS the Father...

Regards

shad said:
It seems that trinitarians believe you are ok as long as you believe in the trinity. Jesus commands all His followers to be faithful to Him in everything He commands and teaches, not just popular ones and politically correct ones.

Shad,

You know that is not correct, why are you making such statements?

Please don't turn this into another "love your neighbors to the point of letting them kill my infant child" thread...

francisdesales said:
shad said:

Shad,

You know that is not correct, why are you making such statements?

Please don't turn this into another "love your neighbors to the point of letting them kill my infant child" thread...

How love your enemy commandment let your enemy kill you infant child? You sound like saying that Jesus is wrong to give us this commandment.

I know you have been avoiding the military thread, I wonder why.

I am only confronting trinitarians' inconsistency of their doctrines and practice. Jesus commands us to examine their spirit. He also tells us we know them by their fruit.

shad said:
francisdesales said:
Remember, Shad, JUST AS the Father...

Regards

Just as the Father what?

Please finish your sentence.

thanks

HONOR THE SON JUST AS THE FATHER.

Stop being so obstinate. I have repeated this quite enough, even a five year old would get it by now. You know exactly what I mean. The bible says we are to honor GOD with all of our heart, our minds, and our hearts. We are told to honor the Son in THE SAME WAY, JUST AS... You honor Jesus in that same way. Thus, in your mind, Jesus must be God.

This is quite simple and I am not impressed with your tactics to avoid the obvious.

JESUS IS GOD.

shad,

You seem rather matter-of-fact that there is some sort of "inconsistency" in the doctrine. I have went over some of these Trinity threads and some threads you hijacked in the name of your anti-Trinity crusade. You seem to be confused in the instances in which you claim people are being inconsistent about the Trinity.

The Trinity is really straight forward stuff.

God is in three parts. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. They are all equal parts of God. They are all part of the make-up of Yahweh.

The "inconsistency" you see is not at all about that I just stated above. The inconsistency is a perfectly logical thing. You see God is more than we are or ever will be. He is infinite in all ways, that means he is infinitely complex. No one can fully understand how the Holy Trinity works out, but we are not meant to, that's God's own business. So, the inconsistency you keep pointing to is actually a dispute between HOW the Trinity works and not WHAT the Trinity is.

--

Francis, why don't you just walk away? He obviously does not wish to understand such a simple concept. This is his choice and it is between him and God and come judgment day shad will have to answer for his inability (let's hope, for shad's sake, that Jesus is taking a break from judging when it comes to be his turn!!! :rolling :rolling ). You guys have filled at least 15 pages trying to convince this guy about the Trinity. But face facts, we only see Truth if we want to see it.

Back