Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

If you controlled the world or were a powerful leader

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
.ffice:office" /><O:tongue></O:tongue>
Yes; I would.

Look; in any war there is going to be collateral damage; including the war on crime. It's an ugly fact of life that cannot be avoided.

Also, in any war, including the war on crime, there is what is known as acceptable losses. It should go without saying that wars cannot be won by an army that's afraid to get hurt. Acceptable losses are an integral part of warfare, in other words: wars cannot be won by soldiers who stay hunkered down in the safety of their bunkers and their foxholes. No, they have get up out of those nice snug defenses, move forward, and put themselves in harm's way if there's to be any hope of victory.

America has become a land of chicken-livered bleeding hearts. They are so infatuated with protecting the innocent that they are losing the war on crime. Instead of protecting the innocent, they are, in the long run; actually protecting the guilty .

Cliff<O:tongue></O:tongue>
/

well then join the army and become an officer and make the rank of general and when war comes pull a grant and throw man at the enemy.

stupidity isnt bravery, bravery is doing the right thing when its scary to do so.

Wow. Just wow...:o

I was falsly accused of molesting a little girl once. Happened at the day-care center that I worked at. New single mom came in with this little girl, a little over 2 years old. The little girl really didn't talk all that well yet. Anyway, the mom called the police on me and gave them a very detailed description as to me taking her child into the bathroom and putting my fingers in her. Yep. Described me, right down to the red sweater I wore. Told the police that she immediately took the little girl out of the school and didn't return her...called them instead.

Thank goodness the police did investigate because a: I was on vacation the week the little girl was in the day-care last...wasn't even within the city at the time she said this whole thing happened. b: They found out that the mother had made similiar accusations against other people. Who knows why some people get off on falsly accusing others of really terrible things.

Anyway, I'm glad I don't live in your world, Cliff...I'll stick with this one. :salute

.ffice:office" /><O:tongue></O:tongue>
Would you like to know how I would have handled your case were I in control of the world? First, I would have taken the little girl away from the mother and put her in a home for disturbed children. Then I would have flogged the mother.<O:tongue></O:tongue>
<O:tongue></O:tongue>
But supposing the investigation had found enough evidence to prove the allegations against you were true? Then I would decree that the mother take part in amputating one of your hands with a band saw and the hand then cooked to a turn in a frying pan so that there would be no possible chance of its being re-attached.
BTW : while I've got the floor I'd like to point out that some of you out there have yet to respond to the OP; instead you've been content to sit on the sidelines and throw stones at those of us who are actually in the game. This concerns me; because if this judgmental atmosphere continues unchecked; it will discourage onlookers from sharing their ideas for fear of being raked over the coals.
Cliff<O:tongue></O:tongue>
/

then be glad that i dont come to power ever and god isnt like me as:

all of los angeles judged, san francisco, new york city, new orleans,las vegas jugded like unto the manner of sodom and gommorah. and paris, berlin, bonn, the french riviera.

miami, all would be judged warned once flee or die if they didnt they die.

that is why im glad im not god and i know how wicked i was. for i myself would be judged as well.i was one of them heathens in san francisco so to speak( not there but of that nature)

jesus and only him reigns rightly let him come.

Webers_Home I guess it depends what your objective in this "war" is.

If it's to fill that insatiable bloodlust I quitely suspect christians experience then it might or might not be sucessful I'd suspect not but I don't know.

However if your objective is to renforce notions of justice then I'm afraid sacrificing the innocent to potentally slaughter a few more of the guilty is an invalid approach.

.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:tongue></o:tongue>
Yes; I would.

Look; in any war there is going to be collateral damage; including the war on crime. It's an ugly fact of life that cannot be avoided.

Also, in any war, including the war on crime, there is what is known as acceptable losses. It should go without saying that wars cannot be won by an army that's afraid to get hurt. Acceptable losses are an integral part of warfare, in other words: wars cannot be won by soldiers who stay hunkered down in the safety of their bunkers and their foxholes. No, they have get up out of those nice snug defenses, move forward, and put themselves in harm's way if there's to be any hope of victory.

America has become a land of chicken-livered bleeding hearts. They are so infatuated with protecting the innocent that they are losing the war on crime. Instead of protecting the innocent, they are, in the long run; actually protecting the guilty .

Cliff<o:tongue></o:tongue>
/

Wow. Suddenly, your obsession with hell makes sense. :yes

Webers_Home I guess it depends what your objective in this "war" is.

If it's to fill that insatiable bloodlust I quitely suspect christians experience then it might or might not be sucessful I'd suspect not but I don't know.

However if your objective is to renforce notions of justice then I'm afraid sacrificing the innocent to potentally slaughter a few more of the guilty is an invalid approach.

You know your constant swipes are annoying. How would you like it if I made constant comments about gays molesting children and how we should all keep them away because they will molest your child to turn them gay!!!!!!!!! ahhhhh

You know your constant swipes are annoying. How would you like it if I made constant comments about gays molesting children and how we should all keep them away because they will molest your child to turn them gay!!!!!!!!! ahhhhh
part of me sincerely belives you think that. So I wouldn't think much of it to have such notions affirmed.

Wow, Pebbles....I really hope that you have the intellectual honesty to acknowledge your own bigotry.

Cliff...still gotta say, glad I'm not in your world. If I were, I think my first course of action with the whole child molestation thing would be to approach the mother with offers of being able to hide her from your brand of "justice". If it means being held to your "cruel", "inhumane" and "unusual" punishment...it's probably better that someone with the Holy Spirit be subjected to it, rather than that poor deluded woman.

What an eye opener this thread has turned out to be.

At first, I thought it was supposed to be lighthearted and funny. :shame

Gays and Lesbians would be a challenge for me as the world's monarch primarily because I sincerely believe that for a large percentage of them; their sexual preference is a birth defect; in other words: a genetic disposition sort of like alcoholism and compulsive obsessive gambling.

Now; whether or not Gays and Lesbians are really that way because of a birth defect or a genetic disposition isn't the issue. The issue is: since I sincerely believe it so, then my conscience would not permit me treat Gays and Lesbians as criminals any more than my conscience would permit me to treat Down Syndrome and/or Autism as criminal behaviors.

However; just as I would expect people in my domain to drink sensibly, and to gamble sensibly; so I would expect Gays and Lesbians to love sensibly: and that means keeping their pea-pickin' paws off of underage children. The mandatory penalty for violation of that law in my domain would be inhumane, it would be cruel, and it would be unusual: with no delay; and with no exceptions.

Cliff<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:tongue></o:tongue>
/
I wouldn't make it a crime or anything. I believe in rights for ANYONE no matter what they believe.

I would also try and enforce the law more. I'd completely outlaw phones or communication of any kind while in a vehicle, and make the penalty like 5,000 dollars and up to 5 years in jail. Seriously, I've seen how reckless that makes people.

Wow, Pebbles....I really hope that you have the intellectual honesty to acknowledge your own bigotry.
Yes I'm aware that I'm gradually turning into the same kind of hateful creature that my tormentors were.

I'm torn about it... part of me is disgusted about it the other part of me dosen't care. And I'm stuck.

Yes I'm aware that I'm gradually turning into the same kind of hateful creature that my tormentors were.

I'm torn about it... part of me is disgusted about it the other part of me dosen't care. And I'm stuck.
one isnt stuck, just repent. its hard to see that its possible but if you stay that way life will be hell on earth for you.

i have been bitter over some things, its not worth it.

Hey Pebbles, I sent you a PM...as we're getting off topic.

Good to see you recognize what is happening to you. No, I don't sincerely believe gays are out to molest children. Child molestors are scum--gay or straight. I know your not seeking help or you'd have asked for it, but if you'd like to talk about it I'm willing to chit chat.

In a world consisting of one religion, there will be no non-Christians.
Maybe so but wouldn't it be more accurate to say, "In a world consisting of one belief, there would be no non-Christians." Declaring one is a Christian does not make one a Christian or you know the saying, "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink."

I thought the main topic of this thread is in the here and now. Maybe I'm not following you as you intend.

Cliff, this didn't need to turn into an argument. My observation is that you have made some pretty bold statements, and they appear to be for shock value. Are we supposed to respond with horror that you would rule with such an iron fist? It seems you are getting frustrated by the contributions of the members who have responded, because they don't meet your standard. When you are in a blog-thread that you enjoy lengthening, I suppose you can have your own expectations of yourself, but you can't make those demands on everyone else in a thread like this.

You've made your stance known. You'd outlaw everything from lobbying at the capital to Tupperware. Okay. Everyone's shocked by that. But don't get disturbed when some members want to take a more light-hearted approach to this subject. That doesn't do anyone any good.

If I controlled the world, I"d buy a raisin factory and then make the school system hand them out to every student for lunch if they wanted them or not. Each and every day every student would get that box of raisins, even if they threw them away.

Wait... Mrs. Obama is already doing that.

Ok, if I controlled the world, I'd buy a dairy farm and up the price of milk... oh wait, Nixon did that too... :toofunny

Cliff, you looking for a part time job? :chin

If I ruled the world there would be a great tidal change of banana rights..... ok I'm joking. I have to be in character some of the time. ;) I would set up a republic system similar to the one we have in the USA but I would make it clear that its a constitutional republic and the States must have all the power under me. I would create a welfare system and the tax would be a flat 10% no matter what the income level is of the person. In my welfare system I would use a voucher system that made it that if you are are welfare during a time of unemployment you could only buy means of food, hygiene accessories ( a cap will be made), medicine, and rent/utilities. I would erect a national healthcare system where the individual states would be in control of its own welfare and healthcare budget for insurance purposes. I would allow free market economics but I would put a regulation that a company owner could only make a max of 10X its under workers. As in if a person is making 5 dollars an hour in starting position, the owner would be able to make 50 dollars an hour. this way as the company grows, so dose its workers. I would allow for the freedom of religion, but I would make it a priority of my supreme court to make sure that a position of bill isn't routed purely on a religious notion. Such as blue laws etc. For defense I would erect a military that was capable for an offensive attack, but I would make it that the country stays peaceful and focuses on our own problems first before we play world police. I would then keep rule until the day I die, and then I would hand my government over to the people to see if my example left them with the right banana way. :biggrin

Back