Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Impossible Question for Oneness

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Solo said:
Believing that Jesus is God is evidence that one is born again. If you believe that Jesus not God then you are devoid of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and do not recognize the Spiritual truths that Jesus is God. Simple.

I have scripture from Isaiah I would like to share:

ISAIAH 45:10-13 said:
10. Woe unto him that saith unto his father, What begettest thou? or to the woman, What hast thou brought forth?

11. Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me.

12. I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.

13. I have raised him up in righteousness, and I will direct all his ways: he shall build my city, and he shall let go my captives, not for price nor reward, saith the LORD of hosts.

I am actually really getting into Isaiah now, thanks to those passages you PM'd me. I am convinced so far that neither you nor I know the real truth :wink: but that's no reason to stop seeking God.

Klee shay said:
Solo said:
Believing that Jesus is God is evidence that one is born again. If you believe that Jesus not God then you are devoid of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and do not recognize the Spiritual truths that Jesus is God. Simple.

I have scripture from Isaiah I would like to share:

[quote="ISAIAH 45:10-13":2b31a]10. Woe unto him that saith unto his father, What begettest thou? or to the woman, What hast thou brought forth?

11. Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me.

12. I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.

13. I have raised him up in righteousness, and I will direct all his ways: he shall build my city, and he shall let go my captives, not for price nor reward, saith the LORD of hosts.

I am actually really getting into Isaiah now, thanks to those passages you PM'd me. I am convinced so far that neither you nor I know the real truth :wink: but that's no reason to stop seeking God.[/quote:2b31a]

Klee shay,

Isaiah is one of my favorite books. In fact, Isaiah 58 is one of my favorite chapters. One day some 20 years ago, I was sitting in the kitchen by myself reading Isaiah 58 for the first time, and the words jumped off of the page as if Jesus was sitting there speaking directly to me. It was much more than just reading, it was the living Word conversing with me.

God has only come in the flesh one time; and that time was when the Holy Spirit came upon Mary and Immanuel, "God with us" was conceived. Prior to that, Jesus was the Word who created all that is in the heavens and the earth, and without him nothing was created. God is not bound by his creation of time, space, and matter; but when he became flesh, he was bound by time, space, and matter. Jesus was fully God and fully man, and it is this person that is one of the three in the triune oneness of God.

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: 14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: 15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. 19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell; 20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven. Colossians 1:13-20

Who is God speaking to before he created man in this verse?

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Genesis 1:26

God Bless,
Michael

Solo said:

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Jesus

Solo said:

Mutz beat me to it, but it could only be who was to become the Son of God in the flesh.

You didn't address the scripture I posted though.

Klee shay said:
Solo said:

Mutz beat me to it, but it could only be who was to become the Son of God in the flesh.

You didn't address the scripture I posted though.

Klee shay,
You may not have understood my answer to the scripture that you posted. This is my answer. Let me know if I need to give more detail.

God has only come in the flesh one time; and that time was when the Holy Spirit came upon Mary and Immanuel, "God with us" was conceived. Prior to that, Jesus was the Word who created all that is in the heavens and the earth, and without him nothing was created. God is not bound by his creation of time, space, and matter; but when he became flesh, he was bound by time, space, and matter. Jesus was fully God and fully man, and it is this person that is one of the three in the triune oneness of God.

Thanks,
Michael

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back