Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

In Today's News

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Just so you guys know there will be no news today. I've got quite a bit to get done and there really isn't anything interesting to report anyways. So enjoy your day and the rest of the weekend and I will probably be back tomorrow. :wave2

Management experience is valued by many employers. Anyone who has experience supervising a lot of people.
That price and also defense of cost is typical ,common sense isn't .I see things like that at were I work .yank a meter for a complaint but won't replace ones that I can't make out its number to verify or difficult to read.

That price and also defense of cost is typical ,common sense isn't .I see things like that at were I work .yank a meter for a complaint but won't replace ones that I can't make out its number to verify or difficult to read.

The ability to manage a budget successfully is also valued. All businesses have finite resources to work with, and must prioritize. Keeping customers happy is a priority for most businesses, since customers are their source of revenue. In the case of regulated monopolies, keeping the customers happy keeps the regulators happy. Keeping the regulators happy means regulators will approve a good profit for them.

The ability to manage a budget successfully is also valued. All businesses have finite resources to work with, and must prioritize. Keeping customers happy is a priority for most businesses, since customers are their source of revenue. In the case of regulated monopolies, keeping the customers happy keeps the regulators happy. Keeping the regulators happy means regulators will approve a good profit for them.
The psc wouldn't require a good meter to be replaced, 98 percent accurate or above is allowed. I have warned customers not to switch to digital they ignore me and complain my bill went up,of course as a digital doesn't use power to obtain a read and can detect the tiniest of draws.these types I see replaced when the meter wasn't off.I do see the surveys.water meters in particular ,naught to do with accuracy in the case

The psc wouldn't require a good meter to be replaced, 98 percent accurate or above is allowed.

They do require that customers be happy. A lot of complaints and the politicians demand action from regulators. Its all about keeping the voters happy, since voters are customers.

I have warned customers not to switch to digital they ignore me and complain my bill went up,of course as a digital doesn't use power to obtain a read and can detect the tiniest of draws.these types I see replaced when the meter wasn't off.I do see the surveys.water meters in particular ,naught to do with accuracy in the case

I'm happy with my old fashioned analog.

They do require that customers be happy. A lot of complaints and the politicians demand action from regulators. Its all about keeping the voters happy, since voters are customers.

I'm happy with my old fashioned analog.
See below post,analog meters,the are the most costly in lost income.read wrong .the only good about them is they are not required to have power to be read.

Nor is my job rates regulated by the psc

Wiki said:
Rate base/economic regulation involves analyzing requested rate changes and conducting earnings surveillance to ensure that regulated utilities are not exceeding their authorized rates of return;

Electric bills tend to have 2 components. Electricity generation, which is competitive. Shoppers can choose to buy their electricity from a variety of vendors. The other component is electricity transmission, which is the monopoly part of the equation. Florida's governor appoints commissioners to regulate the transmission part of the bill, keeping it within the governor's guidelines. Voters elect the governor, so he wants to keep voters happy.

See below post,analog meters,the are the most costly in lost income.read wrong .the only good about them is they are not required to have power to be read.

They put a new moisture meter in when they upgraded to remote monitoring. Supposed to be super accurate. Electric is still analog. They read those manually, so no motivation to replace them (an expensive process). I imagine if they decide to replace all of the old analog meters, they will switch to remote monitoring at the same time.

The presence of many old analog meters are job security for you Jason.

They put a new moisture meter in when they upgraded to remote monitoring. Supposed to be super accurate. Electric is still analog. They read those manually, so no motivation to replace them (an expensive process).
Analog implies other then solid state.

Dial meters are no longer made ,repaired in the u.s.

Electric bills tend to have 2 components. Electricity generation, which is competitive. Shoppers can choose to buy their electricity from a variety of vendors. The other component is electricity transmission, which is the monopoly part of the equation. Florida's governor appoints commissioners to regulate the transmission part of the bill, keeping it within the governor's guidelines. Voters elect the governor, so he wants to keep voters happy.
Look the public service commission doesn't regulate municipal utilities rates.

I don't work for fpl.my city has raised and lowered it rates without Tallahassee knowing the rhyme or reason.

All complaints are handled locally first.if the psc did work for the people the profits grids would be mandated 6 percent profit, they allow 11 to 13 percent .

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back