Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Intimate relationship with my Father

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not bear false witness,” “You shall not covet,” and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed. The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light. Romans 13:8-12

• Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
  • Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light.

Accusing for_his_glory of taking scripture out of context.
Of course I can't disagree with you since you're an Administrator. However...

• Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
  • Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light.

Of course I can't disagree with you since you're an Administrator. However...

You can certainly disagree with anyone here, but please be respectful.

Great scripture quote!

Amen

BTW, since one can't quote the entire Bible then Scriptures must be selected to argue one's point. It's appropriate to choose selections to demonstrate a larger principle, but it is very easy to take selected verses out of context from different parts of Scripture to prove incorrect doctrine.

BTW, since one can't quote the entire Bible then Scriptures must be selected to argue one's point. It's appropriate to choose selections to demonstrate a larger principle, but it is very easy to take selected verses out of context from different parts of Scripture to prove incorrect doctrine.

Yes sir, I agree.

However, we you accuse someone of taking scripture out of context, then please show them specifically how they have done so.

Making blanket accusations against members with now proof is not good.

Yes sir, I agree.

However, we you accuse someone of taking scripture out of context, then please show them specifically how they have done so.

Making blanket accusations against members with now proof is not good.
Yes sir, I agree.

BTW, the subject of the OP is "intimate relationship with my father". Arguing about the meaning of certain out-of-context Scripture quotes has nothing to do with the OP.
Yes, that is the title and those scriptures I gave are all about our relationship with the Father and how we come to Him. None is taken out of context as all are the Doctrines of Christ. How can you argue against Christ?

And which of those scriptures I gave are out of context with that of the OP? They all speak about our relationship with God and His Son Christ Jesus. Can you be specific as to the ones which are not in relationship to the OP?

When I want to use certain scriptures I google that of what I am looking for and several scriptures will be listed and they are what I use. They are not always in a chronological order, but yet all show that of our relationship with God and in how we do that.

And which of those scriptures I gave are out of context with that of the OP? They all speak about our relationship with God and His Son Christ Jesus. Can you be specific as to the ones which are not in relationship to the OP?

When I want to use certain scriptures I google that of what I am looking for and several scriptures will be listed and they are what I use. They are not always in a chronological order, but yet all show that of our relationship with God and in how we do that.
I won't respond to this as JLB has been advising me about my posts and I don't want further problems.

That is my definition of eisegesis.
Eisegesis is when a person interprets and reads information into the text that is not there.

To make peace rest between you and I would you please show me where I did any of this so that I may be corrected if need be as I understand them all to be about God's salvation and our relationship to Him.

Yes, that is the title and those scriptures I gave are all about our relationship with the Father and how we come to Him. None is taken out of context as all are the Doctrines of Christ. How can you argue against Christ?
I am not arguing against Christ. That is an accusation that is entirely unfounded, bordering on blasphemy.

I won't respond to this as JLB has been advising me about my posts and I don't want further problems.
I don't want any problems or animosity between you and I either, but to only discuss scripture that needs to be given for any topic. I will just bow out of the conversation. You have a blessed day.

Back