Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is believing/faith a work ?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Thanks for your reply. I believe it means to walk by Faith, which of course is a fruit of the Spirit. I believe what Christ did, by fulfilling the Law for His People, and condemned sin in the flesh for them, all such will be given life by the Spirit, along with Faith, and by Faith they walk understanding that Christ has deliver them from sin and death. They no more live by the flesh trying to find acceptance with God by their works, religious deeds etc
They no longer commit sin either, as sin is a manifestation of the now dead flesh.

Hi Roger, Well I believe that advent occurred in Matt 27:52-53, it was unique to say the least, but Im not sure I would build any type of doctrine from it. It signified Christs Victory over Death, perhaps foreshadowed the coming resurrection of the just/justified spoken of here Acts 24 15
I think that as I had previously mentioned, those who were saved but had died, at the completion of Chrit's offering, went into the new Holy City: the spiritual Jerusalem from being in hell, wherein had everyone (saved and unsaved) been held. Those not saved, or those who will never be saved, remained in hell. Now, based upon Acts 24:15 we are told that both the just (those justified by Christ), and the unjust (those not justified by Christ) will be resurrected for final judgement at the end of time. However, I think that up until then, but not including the resurrection, both will remain in spirit form, not in final form. When that judgement occurs, everyone will be resurrected into their final eternal form, which will be far different from the soul form they are in now.
Maybe I'm making too much of a jump with my interpretation of the below verses, but at face value at least, they seem to indicate the saved, whether they realize it or not, in their soul (not physical) essence, have already been translated to the new Holy City to be with Christ.
I think that once Christ had completed His offering, I don't see how it could be possible for anyone covered by Him to be denied entry into the new Holy City with Christ whether they be dead or alive because their sin had been remitted

I think possibly that is the reason Christ gave us the following verse:
[Jhn 11:26 KJV] 26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

[Col 3:1 KJV] 1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

[Col 2:12 KJV] 12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with [him] through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

[Eph 2:6 KJV] 6 And hath raised [us] up together, and made [us] sit together in heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus:

Sure they could have been in a paradise side of hell before they arose. So what's your point in referring to this advent a lot ?
As I understand it, until Christ completed His mission only one hell existed for all, but it not being one of torment nor punishment until judgment occurs for those unsaved and for enemies of Christ, at which time, hell will be cast into the lake of fire along with all who remain in it.
I think the discussion began with the below. I think we were trying to put together all pieces of the mystery - that was/is my intent at least and is with everything that I read in the Bible.

"The question then becomes, what happened to those who were covered by Christ as Saviour but died before the completion of His mission on Earth? I believe they waited in Hell, but that Hell was not a place of judgment or torment. Instead, for those covered by Christ, it was a place of waiting for the cross, after which, they went into the new spiritual Jerusalem, the new Holy City. The others, I believe, will remain there but not in torment, until judgment day.
Now I realize everyone has different opinions on this and mine is just one of many and am not sure I have everything perfectly correct. I don't know how you perceive it but would be interested to hear it."

Last edited:
I read that post and it didn't really make sense to me, but I neither did I follow the complete discussion chain you had with brightfame52.
What I could I gather from your post is that you were trying to make a case for the following of law. My reply to you would be that it all depends. There are but two, and only two, laws by which one becomes saved or not: one law that gives eternal salvation and life; one law that brings judgment and eternal death. Any other of the laws, for the most part, and as were intended by God, some of them provide a standard of behavior and conduct for us between each other, and some others were a reflection of the laws in the heavenly, but of themselves not having eternal consequences. Since you mentioned Paul, I'll use the verses that God wrote through Paul, in which He encapsulates the salvation equation into its most fundamental form:

[Rom 8:1-3 KJV]
1 [There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

So, the title of the only law with authority for salvation is the "law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus"; the title of the only law with authority for judgment and death is the "law of sin and death". Notice that the law of the Spirit life in Christ Jesus, of ITSELF, freed Paul from the law of sin and death and placed him under itself, to which, Paul had contributed absolutely nothing - neither of which could Paul invoke or override - it was solely in, by, and of, that one law. Also notice, that the number of each of those laws is singular, meaning there are no other laws for consideration outside of those alone; that is, there are no other laws germane to salvation.
One last thing, since there are but two laws and no third law, everyone must fall under the one or the other.

Does this answer your question?
Yes, but there aren't two laws. There is one law, that has two different effects on people.
The "law of sin and death" is the cursing the law brings for anyone failing to observe all of it (Deu.27:26.)
The "law of the Spirit of life in Christ" is the blessing the law brings for anyone who "walks after the Spirit" (Deu.28.) Those who follow the Spirit are "in Christ Jesus."
The difference between the two is, sin and death is the result of pride, greed, lust, etc., as clearly seen in the prideful, greedy people who hated our Lord.
When Moses said, See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil; (Deu.30:15), the life and good is displayed in how Christ put the curse of the law, the result of breaking the law, to death. Jesus didn't call for the curse of the law on those who sinned against him. Look,

These six things hath God hated, Yea, seven areabominations to His soul. Pro.6:16

The 7 sins God considers abominations were committed against his Son and his Son withheld his wrath against those sinners, choosing to continue in mercy toward them, instead of bringing them into immediate judgment.
That's the law of the Spirit "in Christ." To those are in Christ, who walk after the Spirit.

journey
Those who are condemned are not the children of God, but the children of the devil Jn 8:44 Jesus in so many words told them God isnt your Father Jn 8 42

Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

No man or women has God for their Father if they dont have, or will have Faith in Christ, thats what Identifies who the Children of God are. gal 3:26

For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Right and when Jesus admonished the relighiou leaders, he wasn't talking to young children. He didn't mean toddlers are children of the devil.
I dont know anything about that. Gods wrath is upon the wicked for their sins, nothing innocent about it Eph 5:6

Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
Right. If Jesus was punished in place of sinners, the Father would have violated the law he gave to his people, As I noted in my last post to rogerg, what was done to Jesus was abominable to our Father.

Yes, but there aren't two laws. There is one law, that has two different effects on people.
The "law of sin and death" is the cursing the law brings for anyone failing to observe all of it (Deu.27:26.)
Impossible. You're making this stuff up as you go along. The new law is Christ - He is the new law.
Those not covered by Christ have broken the law. The two laws I posted are law at its highest form -
there is nothing beyond nor above Him: Christ as opposed to everything else.

[Heb 7:12, 16, 18-19 KJV]
12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law. ...
16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life. ...
18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.
19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope [did]; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

This is the condemnation:

[Heb 10:29 KJV] 29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Paul knew the Law profited nobody.
If one wants to re-enact an old, dead, manner of religion, it won't hurt you...but it won't help you either.
It is written..."Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. (Col 2:8)
Right, Gal.5:6 and others.
"Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;" (Col 2:14)
Yes, he didn't bring the justice of the law against them. He bore the sinful way they mistreated him. He showed the mercy of the law, his Sacrifice, enduring their sadistic, abusive sin against him.
"Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ." (Col 2:16-17)
"Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?" (Col 2:20-22)
Yes, but in mixed company, he instructed the gentiles not to offend believing Jews.

roger

I think that as I had previously mentioned, those who were saved but had died, at the completion of Chrit's offering, went into the new Holy City: the spiritual Jerusalem from being in hell, wherein had everyone (saved and unsaved) been held.
Okay, thats not farfetched since it seems the righteous dead may have been in a paradise side of hell from Lk 16 remember ?BTW do you think those people raised in Matt 27, died again physically ?

Those not saved, or those who will never be saved, remained in hell.

Yes on the torment side. You dont think the righteous dead were being tormented while in hell do you, before they rose Matt 27 ?

Now, based upon Acts 24:15 we are told that both the just (those justified by Christ), and the unjust (those not justified by Christ) will be resurrected for final judgement at the end of time.

Yes I believe thats established from Dan 12:2

2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

And John 5:28-29

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

However, I think that up until then, but not including the resurrection, both will remain in spirit form, not in final form. When that judgement occurs, everyone will be resurrected into their final eternal form, which will be far different from the soul form they are in now.

So you believe then they will receive Physical bodies again to go with their spiritual soul. I agree with that, if thats what you mean.. Judgment is going to be according to what was done in the Body 2 Cor 5 10

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

BTW do you believe the elect will give an account of what they did in their body ? Rom 14:12
So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

Take your time in answering that.

Maybe I'm making too much of a jump with my interpretation of the below verses, but at face value at least, they seem to indicate the saved, whether they realize it or not, in their soul (not physical) essence, have already been translated to the new Holy City to be with Christ.

I agree with this Eph 2:6 Thats why the elect are already Justified in Christ before they are born physically sinners in the flesh. So do you believe they were raised together with Christ as per Eph 2:6 before or after they became regenerated believers ?
As I understand it, until Christ completed His mission only one hell existed for all, but it not being one of torment nor punishment until judgment occurs for those unsaved and for enemies of Christ, at which time, hell will be cast into the lake of fire along with all who remain in it.

I would disagree here because of Luke 16, it appears there was a separation, a gulf between the saved dead and unsaved dead and it couldn't be breached, observe Lk 16:20-27

20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:

So I believe the unsaved dead will be raised out of torment, be Judged in the body, and return back into torment the second death forever

I think the discussion began with the below. I think we were trying to put together all pieces of the mystery - that was/is my intent at least and is with everything that I read in the Bible.
Okay, I will try to keep up, sorry

"The question then becomes, what happened to those who were covered by Christ as Saviour but died before the completion of His mission on Earth? I believe they waited in Hell, but that Hell was not a place of judgment or torment. Instead, for those covered by Christ, it was a place of waiting for the cross, after which, they went into the new spiritual Jerusalem, the new Holy City. The others, I believe, will remain there but not in torment, until judgment day.

I believe the unsaved dead are in torment now, according to Lk 16:23

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

I believe its going to be worse after the Judgment however

Now I realize everyone has different opinions on this and mine is just one of many and am not sure I have everything perfectly correct. I don't know how you perceive it but would be interested to hear it."

I gotcha, and Im sure you can see my thoughts from this response to you.

journey

Right and when Jesus admonished the relighiou leaders, he wasn't talking to young children. He didn't mean toddlers are children of the devil.

This is a rabbit trail answer. The people He was speaking to were children of the devil. They were born children of the devil, and will die the same. Now Im not getting into baby salvation talk, if thats what you want to divert to and talk about, count me out !
Right. If Jesus was punished in place of sinners,
Some sinners, He wasnt punished for sinners who God punishes them for sin

the Father would have violated the law he gave to his people, As I noted in my last post to rogerg, what was done to Jesus was abominable to our Father.

I dont know what you talking about here friend. Discuss with me what I posted please

The "law of the Spirit of life in Christ" is the blessing the law brings for anyone who "walks after the Spirit" (Deu.28.) Those who follow the Spirit are "in Christ Jesus."
The difference between the two is, sin and death is the result of pride, greed, lust, etc., as clearly seen in the prideful, greedy people who hated our Lord.
When Moses said, See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil; (Deu.30:15), the life and good is displayed in how Christ put the curse of the law, the result of breaking the law, to death. Jesus didn't call for the curse of the law on those who sinned against him. Look,

These six things hath God hated, Yea, seven areabominations to His soul. Pro.6:16

The 7 sins God considers abominations were committed against his Son and his Son withheld his wrath against those sinners, choosing to continue in mercy toward them, instead of bringing them into immediate judgment.
That's the law of the Spirit "in Christ." To those are in Christ, who walk after the Spirit.
There is no curse of the Law on sinners Christ died for, His death alone redeemed them from the curse of the Law, read Gal 3:13

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

So according to this scripture, how were these believers redeemed from the curse of the Law ?

Okay, thats not farfetched since it seems the righteous dead may have been in a paradise side of hell from Lk 16 remember ?BTW do you think those people raised in Matt 27, died again physically ?

No, I don't think they died again physically because I believe they were raised in a soul essence, not a
physical person but they will receive a newly resurrected eternal body at the coming of Christ. Plus, we are told
that it is given unto a man to die once and then the judgement.
Regarding the torment and paradise sides of hell, I don't think that either of those would be possible until judgment is rendered by God. I believe they must first be formally charged, arraigned and convicted before judgement and punishment is levied. So, that brings up an interesting question which I do not have an answer to, and which I almost hate to introduce. Well, now that I think about it, maybe I'll hold off on it for now until I am more comfortable with my understanding.

BTW do you believe the elect will give an account of what they did in their body ? Rom 14:12
So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

Take your time in answering that.

I'll hold off answering that for now per your warning and until I have a chance to try to think it through a little.

I would disagree here because of Luke 16, it appears there was a separation, a gulf between the saved dead and unsaved dead and it couldn't be breached, observe Lk 16:20-27

True, good point. And ss with the above, allow me to think about it to be comfortable with my understanding.

In fact, I'll hold off replying to your remaining points until I have a chance to refresh my understanding and get back to you - I'd rather not shoot from the hip.

The word “believe” in the Greek text is “pisteuo” which is a verb denoting a work. If a person could believe in Christ before they are born again by the Spirit, it would mean they have done a work and that would mean they have worked for their salvation which is totally against what the scriptures teach. Ephesians 2:8-9

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
This reminds me of a discussion back in 2016.
Some felt that if a believer had to have faith and believe to be saved, they were doing a work, which was part of salvation and its reality in their lives.

Those of a free grace or hyper grace view regarded anything a believer did that was conditional on salvation was heresy and sinful self-righteousness.

Over the years I have changed to see these are emotional words which readers themselves view differently so the distinctions are almost pointless and in some senses the same words mean different things to the reader.

Jesus does everything. Faith and belief is a gift of God, I am in a sense a vessel filled with the Holy Spirit to His glory. But equally if this faith and belief is not expressed it is not actually present or real.

Equally if love has not worked down into the deepest parts of my soul and life, how can I claim to know the meaning of the cross or of heaven. We are called to love our brothers like Jesus loved us. If we do not know what this means or to even know the name of our fellow believer is a step too far, have we even begun our walk?

Those caught in survival mode in faith, will rip up those who they feel cause them to feel condemned, sinful and a failure, but will never wake up to the work of Christ challenging them to walk deeper.

I was listening to a description of a sinner who felt another individual who saw them as they were was forcing upon them societies judgmentalism and condemnation so this was an angry assault on their identity.

So there is little doubt sinners will feel terrible when they hear Christ offers freedom and truth to their hearts, because all they know is something different. Rather than repent they are happy to lie and sin against others to prove they are just self righteous hypocrites with no reality in their lives. This reaction should speak to them that the Holy Spirit is not working in their hearts with patience, love, joy and peace, and they need to get right with God for real.

God bless you

roger

No, I don't think they died again physically because I believe they were raised in a soul essence, not a
physical person but they will receive a newly resurrected eternal body at the coming of Christ.

I bet that scared the daylights out of those they went and showed themselves to Matt 27:53

53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many. The word appeared emphanizō:

1. to manifest, exhibit to view
  2. to show one's self, come to view, appear, be manifest
  3. to indicate, disclose, declare, make known

Plus, we are told
that it is given unto a man to die once and then the judgement.
Regarding the torment and paradise sides of hell, I don't think that either of those would be possible until judgment is rendered by God. I believe they must first be formally charged, arraigned and convicted before judgement and punishment is levied.

I believe the non elect have been Judged and already condemned in a sense even while they are here Jn 3:18

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

They are already under Gods wrath Jn 3:36

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Abideth here is in the present tense and means:

To be held, kept, continually

And the Story Jesus mentions in Lk 16 seems that charecters lived along the time when they would know about the scriptures, the books of Moses and Prophets , Jesus said: Lk 16:31

And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

So I believe they were dead during the time when those brothers could be exposed to the OT scriptures

Regarding Judgment day, I believe its going to be more a declarative Judgment, exposing what has already been condemned

I'll hold off answering that for now per your warning and until I have a chance to try to think it through a little.

I feel you
True, good point. And ss with the above, allow me to think about it to be comfortable with my understanding.

In fact, I'll hold off replying to your remaining points until I have a chance to refresh my understanding and get back to you - I'd rather not shoot from the hip

I understand my friend, take your time !

Right, Gal.5:6 and others.

Yes, he didn't bring the justice of the law against them. He bore the sinful way they mistreated him. He showed the mercy of the law, his Sacrifice, enduring their sadistic, abusive sin against him.

Yes, but in mixed company, he instructed the gentiles not to offend believing Jews.
If the Jews in question were believing, they would know the Law was nailed to the cross of Christ.
Were your POV true, wouldn't Paul have chastened the Gentiles who ate with Peter instead of Peter for leaving the Gentiles?? (Gal 2:11-14)

Impossible. You're making this stuff up as you go along. The new law is Christ - He is the new law.
The law in Christ is new to us, but our Lord has never changed,

You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[fn]and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies.....that you may be children of your Father Jn.5:43-45

God has always been this way, but you say God doesn't love everyone. The Messiah in the passage I cited says you are mistaken.
Those not covered by Christ have broken the law. The two laws I posted are law at its highest form -
Everyone who has knowledge of good and evil has broken the law,

Once you were alienated from God and were enemies Col.1:21
there is nothing beyond nor above Him: Christ as opposed to everything else.
I agree. In fact, God gives even those who sinned by attempting to kill him, time to repent. I have already shown Jesus giving Jezebel "time to repent", but that truth is being ignored by you and other Calvanists.
[Heb 7:12, 16, 18-19 KJV]
12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
The change of the law is right here and in many other places,

if the witness proves to be a liar, giving false testimony against a fellow Israelite, then do to the false witness as that witness intended to do to the other party Deu.19:18-19

Our High Priest crucified the condemnation prescribed by law. By law, those who conspired to kill Jesus should have been put to death.
16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life. ...
By "endless life" he means God himself. The "carnal commandment" that condemns all sinners, can't condemn God, because he isn't carnal. He's saying Jesus was, is and always will be sinless.
18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.
19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope [did]; by the which we draw nigh unto God.
The "better hope" is that our Savior is willing to forgive anyone who sinned against him, no matter how bad and you can't get worse than wanting him dead. Of course, our King the repentant will be forgiven.
This is the condemnation:

[Heb 10:29 KJV] 29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
Yes it certainly is and please notice he's warning belivers,

If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left Heb.10:26

You seem to think someone flat on his face before God is somehow boasting about himself? Please read Lk.18:10 onward. But then, why bother? Why bother reading anything Jesus taught?

There is no curse of the Law on sinners Christ died for, His death alone redeemed them from the curse of the Law, read Gal 3:13

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

So according to this scripture, how were these believers redeemed from the curse of the Law ?
By repenting of the false witness that our Lord was a sinner being cursed by God. But here's what Paul is quoting really says,

If someone is guilty of a capital offense Deu.21:22

Many Bible students ignore this stipulation for putting a man to death. This requirement makes it impossible for Christ to be seen as a curse to his Father, but that's not what Paul meant. Paul showed how the Messiah was seen as a curse by religious leaders and others who hated God. In fact, by saying Jesus became a curse for us, he means he was lied about,

It is enough for students to be like their teachers, and servants like their masters. If the head of the house has been called Beelzebul, how much more the members of his household! Mt.10:25

Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Mt.5:11

Look at what they're saying.

If the Jews in question were believing, they would know the Law was nailed to the cross of Christ.
The law being nailed to the cross is seen in Christ not bringing the law against them. He refrained from this, even at the cross, where sinners committed atrocious sins against him, but throughout his ministry in the flesh, he always did this,

Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? Jn.8:5

He was the only One who could have condemned her, without bringing judgment on himself...but he chose not to. Yikes!
Were your POV true, wouldn't Paul have chastened the Gentiles who ate with Peter instead of Peter for leaving the Gentiles?? (Gal 2:11-14)
No, because in Acts 10, God showed Peter that no food is unclean and Peter understood this, but he still faltered when his countrymen showed up, because he grew up observant. So Paul rebuked him for it, but Pauls' instruction is clearly taught in Rom.14, which is, judge our own selves, not others.

It isn't beyond mankinds' comprehension that God was pleased by his Sons' conduct during the abuse he suffered.
God wasn't pleased by the abuse he suffered. This is the gospel.

The law being nailed to the cross is seen in Christ not bringing the law against them.
Them and us.
He refrained from this, even at the cross, where sinners committed atrocious sins against him, but throughout his ministry in the flesh, he always did this,
Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? Jn.8:5
He was the only One who could have condemned her, without bringing judgment on himself...but he chose not to. Yikes!
No, because in Acts 10, God showed Peter that no food is unclean and Peter understood this, but he still faltered when his countrymen showed up, because he grew up observant. So Paul rebuked him for it, but Pauls' instruction is clearly taught in Rom.14, which is, judge our own selves, not others.

The law in Christ is new to us, but our Lord has never changed,
I don't understand your comment of the above. Christ and His law went hand-in-hand.
Law must change by a changing of High Priest. When Christ became High Priest, His priesthood brought NEW law with it, replacing entirely ALL prior law pertaining to salvation and of being saved, including the Levitical priesthood and its law (the law of the Jews). Any law you may reference in existence before Christ, was annulled by/with/in Christ: it is GONE. Now there are only two laws relevant to salvation: the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus and the law of sin and death.

Everyone falls under one or the other and cannot move from one to the other of themselves.
Please read again the verses again:

[Heb 7:12, 18 KJV]
12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law. ...

"them that are sanctified": the saved
"my laws": 1) the law of the Spirit of life in Christ and, 2) the law of sin and death
"into their hearts, and in their minds": those who become saved

[Heb 10:14 KJV]
14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

[Heb 10:16-18 KJV]
16 This [is] the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
18 Now where remission of these [is, there is] no more offering for sin.

Last edited:
Back