Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is believing/faith a work ?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Many tell us that in order to get saved you must accept Christ, now understand, if we call ourselves accepting Christ to get saved, that would be a work, since its an action we do. The word for work ergon:

1. an act, deed, thing done: the idea of working is emphasised in opp. to that which is less than work

So accepting Christ is an act on our part. But the scripture teaches Salvation without works See Eph 2:8-9; 2 Tim 1:9

Yes, if we must perform any act to get, or keep salvation, its no longer salvation by grace, but of works. 23
Totally agree, brightfame52. Not sure if you see it this way, but I would also add that
salvation can only be completely as a gift, anything besides gift, would be work; that is, there is nothing whatsoever that anyone can do in any way to obtain it - its price far exceeds our ability to purchase it. This then means that it was God alone who chose to salvation through Jesus Christ those who become saved and did so based solely upon His divine prerogative, mercy, and grace, and for no other reason. There simply is no other way.

rogerg

Totally agree, brightfame52. Not sure if you see it this way, but I would also add that
salvation can only be completely as a gift, anything besides gift, would be work; that is, there is nothing whatsoever that anyone can do in any way to obtain it

Correct, if it was anything for a person to do, it automatically falls from Grace

its price far exceeds our ability to purchase it.

Thats right friend, it took the precious blood of the Lamb to purchase our Salvation 1 Pet 1:18-20

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

That word precious is the gw timios:

1. as of great price, precious
This then means that it was God alone who chose to salvation through Jesus Christ those who become saved and did so based solely upon His divine prerogative, mercy, and grace, and for no other reason.

Correct, for His Own innate Glory ! Isa 46:13

I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.

I simply don't understand what you mean by the above.
"Sacrifice like the sinner". Huh? Does that make sense?
You'll need to clarify that further.
In appearance, our Lord looked like any other man, all of whom are sinners.
"Truly"? What does that mean? They either did or they didn't. It was Christ's sacrifice, and
Christ's sacrifice alone, for those who are covered by it, that completely removed sin
once and for all. Nothing else did nor could have, not even a little.
If they confessed and forsook their sins by the symbolic OT sacrifice, their sins were forgiven.

He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy. Pro.28:13
Jesus being condemned and punished by law was not unjust in the least.
Then go to law in the OT and find where putting an innocent man to death is just. They knew it wasn't, so they falsely accused him.
That is because His taking of sin upon Himself, and thereby being found guilty of it, which sin was committed by those He came to save, was the sole purpose of His offering. They were given His righteousness - He, their sin.
No. The reason for "his offering" was to show mercy toward those who sinned against him. What they did to him, was the sin he took upon himself. Crucifying him was sin...and he bore it. He endured false witness and abuse against himself in human flesh, as his Father does everyday in Spirit.

Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them. Mt.17:12
[1Co 2:7-8 KJV]
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, [even] the hidden [wisdom], which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known [it], they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
Right. They wouldn't have done it because what they did to him was sinful.
I agree that faith isn't of our doing, that is my point - but that faith is solely a gift. I never said that Christ
had no effect on anyone in terms of salvation, I said that when it does, it is by the Holy Spirit. Not everyone becomes indwelt by Him. May people saw Jesus's works yet nevertheless believed not on Him as Saviour. True belief is not a function of one's intellect, it is spiritual, and a function solely of the Holy Spirit. Even some of Christ's own disciples who had walked with Him and witnessed His miracles first-hand, because they were not so indwelt, did not believe. They did not believe, because they could not believe. The ones who remained had been given the Holy Spirit and with Him, understanding.

[Jhn 6:65-66 KJV]
65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
66 From that [time] many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

[Jhn 6:67-68 KJV]
67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?
68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
Simply, those who have heard and learned of God from the OT scriptures go to the Son,....because the Son is the same as his Father.
Paul became saved on the road to Damascus which is the reason "Paul had no problem doing exactly what Jesus told him to do." He was also indwelt with the Holy Spirit then. Being filled with the Holy Spirit is different than being indwelt with the Holy Spirit. You should have searched through the Bible to see how the phrase "filled with the Holy Spirit" is used in it. To be filled with the Holy Spirit means being overtaken by the Holy Spirit in a physical sense for a specific purpose, or purposes. It does not mean being indwelt by Him.

[Act 2:4 KJV]
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
[Luk 1:41, 67 KJV]
41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost: ...
[Luk 1:42 KJV]
42 And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed [art] thou among women, and blessed [is] the fruit of thy womb.
And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,
[Act 4:8 KJV]
Then Peter, filled with the Holy Ghost, said unto them, Ye rulers of the people, and elders of Israel,

When we read the following regarding Saul's encounter with Christ, we are told that Saul's eyes were opened, yet he
remained blind. How could it be that his eyes were opened but he was still blind? It is because his spiritual eyes were opened but his physical eyes remained blinded. One's spiritual eyes can only be opened by the Holy Spirit, which in Paul's case they had been. Did this mean at that point that Paul had been given full and complete knowledge of Christ and salvation? No, it didn't, but nevertheless, he had received the Holy Spirit then. In fact, Christ is the Holy Spirit.

[Act 9:8-9 KJV]
8 And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought [him] into Damascus.
9 And he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink.
Pauls' eyes were opened because he shut them when he fell on the ground. He didn't realise he was blind until he "opened his eyes" (until he opened his eyelids.)
Poor doesn't mean poor financially;
It does in the passage I referred to, because in Jas.2:1-5 he contrasts rich and poor,
You came to know God because God had chosen you to that from before the foundation of the world and had worked through that sister but.... that knowledge was by nothing the either of you did but by God.
It's the type of person God decided to choose. 1Cor.1:26-28 shows the type of people God chooses and vs.29 says why.

If they confessed and forsook their sins by the symbolic OT sacrifice, their sins were forgiven.
Read the following verses closely, especially the "not possible" part. No OT sacrifice could take sin away. They were symbols of Christ and of what He would endure and achieve.

[Heb 10:3-4, 6 KJV]
3 But in those [sacrifices there is] a remembrance again [made] of sins every year.
4 For [it is] not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. ...
6 In burnt offerings and [sacrifices] for sin thou hast had no pleasure.

Then go to law in the OT and find where putting an innocent man to death is just. They knew it wasn't, so they falsely accused him.

Christ was guilty, not innocent. He was guilty because He took upon Himself, according to the Father's will, the sins of those He came to save. Had He not been guilty no one would be saved
That Christ was crucified was the will of the Father.

[Mat 16:21-23 KJV] 21
From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.
22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.
23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

[2Co 5:21 KJV - thanks brightfame52)
For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

[1Pe 1:18-20 KJV - thanks brightfame52)
18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, [as] silver and gold, from your vain conversation [received] by tradition from your fathers;
19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
No. The reason for "his offering" was to show mercy toward those who sinned against him. What they did to him, was the sin he took upon himself. Crucifying him was sin...and he bore it. He endured false witness and abuse against himself in human flesh, as his Father does everyday in Spirit.
Which verses? Who do you think sinned against Him?

Right. They wouldn't have done it because what they did to him was sinful.
Nope, it is Satan who wouldn't have allowed them to do it had he known of God's plan. You're twisting the verses.
The "princes of this world" were/are satan's minions.

[1Co 2:8 KJV]
8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known [it], they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Simply, those who have heard and learned of God from the OT scriptures go to the Son,....because the Son is the same as his Father.
Simply NOT! Only it is only those who have heard has LEARNED of God. To have "learned of God", does not mean just being taught but of learning - learning through God. If someone learns of God, it means the lesson has been
infused into the person to have learned, because natural man cannot learn things of the Spirit.

[Rom 8:7 KJV] 7 Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

[Rom 12:2 KJV]
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Pauls' eyes were opened because he shut them when he fell on the ground. He didn't realise he was blind until he "opened his eyes" (until he opened his eyelids.)
Wrong. "his eyes were opened", opened, period! Look, you are distorting the Bible - forcing it to say something it just doesn't say. So, since you insist on that, I'm going to discontinue this discussion with you.

[Act 9:8 KJV] 8 And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought [him] into Damascus.

Read the following verses closely, especially the "not possible" part. No OT sacrifice could take sin away. They were symbols of Christ and of what He would endure and achieve.

[Heb 10:3-4, 6 KJV]
3 But in those [sacrifices there is] a remembrance again [made] of sins every year.
4 For [it is] not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. ...
6 In burnt offerings and [sacrifices] for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
You left out vs.5,. Please read the Psalm Paul was quoting. It explains how Christ did the will of his Father.
Christ was guilty, not innocent. He was guilty because He took upon Himself, according to the Father's will, the sins of those He came to save. Had He not been guilty no one would be saved
If he was guilty, he would still be dead.
That Christ was merciful, loving and forgiving while being crucified, was the will of our Father.

the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Gal.5:22-23
[Mat 16:21-23 KJV] 21
From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.
22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.
23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.
Satan tempted Peter to tempt Jesus to fear death.
[2Co 5:21 KJV - thanks brightfame52)
For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
and the Writing was fulfilled that is saying, 'And with lawless ones he was numbered.' Mk.15:28

He was viewed as a criminal, a sinner, by evil men. They were wrong.

[1Pe 1:18-20 KJV - thanks brightfame52)
18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, [as] silver and gold, from your vain conversation [received] by tradition from your fathers;
The Lamb without blemish, was only seen as blemished, by the wicked.
Which verses? Who do you think sinned against Him?
Keep far from a false charge, and do not slay the innocent and righteous, for I will not acquit the wicked. Exo.23:7

"'Cursed be he who takes a bribe to slay an innocent person.' And all the people shall say, 'Amen.' Deu.27:25

if the witness proves to be a liar, giving false testimony against a fellow Israelite,
then do to the false witness as that witness intended to do to the other party. Deu.19:18-19
Nope, it is Satan who wouldn't have allowed them to do it had he known of God's plan.
Satan doesn't allow anything.
You're twisting the verses.
The "princes of this world" were/are satan's minions.

[1Co 2:8 KJV]
The princes "of this world" being referred to are the religious leaders of Israel at that time and Pontius Pilate,

The kings of the earth rise up and the rulers band together against the LORD and against his anointed, saying, Ps.2:2
Simply NOT! Only it is only those who have heard has LEARNED of God. To have "learned of God", does not mean just being taught but of learning - learning through God. If someone learns of God, it means the lesson has been
infused into the person to have learned, because natural man cannot learn things of the Spirit.

[Rom 8:7 KJV] 7 Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
And again and again, being carnally mindered doesn't mean you can't change your mind.
[Rom 12:2 KJV]
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
You're citing instruction to people that you claim people have nothing to do with.
Wrong. Look, you are distorting the Bible - forcing it to say something it just doesn't say. So, since you insist on that, I'm going to discontinue this discussion with you.

[Act 9:8 KJV] 8 And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought [him] into Damascus.
Your statement, "his eyes were opened", opened, period!", isn't true, because it says, "when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand,

I think it's a good idea to discontinue this discussion, because you can't even understand that when Paul opened his eyes.....he was blind.

Many tell us that in order to get saved you must accept Christ, now understand, if we call ourselves accepting Christ to get saved, that would be a work, since its an action we do. The word for work ergon:

1. an act, deed, thing done: the idea of working is emphasised in opp. to that which is less than work

So accepting Christ is an act on our part. But the scripture teaches Salvation without works See Eph 2:8-9; 2 Tim 1:9

Yes, if we must perform any act to get, or keep salvation, its no longer salvation by grace, but of works. 23
How are you defining coming to Christ? Isn't that receiving Christ? And isn't access to God through the blood of Christ (not of ourselves)? You can't work for or purchase the forgiveness of sins. You can receive Christ as Lord and Savior through prayer.

It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me.

Our Part
Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.

Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God

for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

roger

Correct, He became guilty by imputation only, not impartation, for thats why it says He was made sin for us, sin meaning a sin offering, since the sins of His People were imputed/charged to Him 2 Cor 5:21

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Thats when it came to pass the Prophet Isaiah writings Isa 53:6,10

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

randy asked

How are you defining coming to Christ?

To believe on Him

Our Part
Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

Correct, but how can one eat and drink when they are dead sir ? So ones eating and drinking presupposes life in them, and thats spiritual life, you do understand that the eating and drinking here isnt physical, its spiritual. Its a sign that one has been born again 1 Pet 2:1-4

Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,

2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,

So unless you spiritually come to me, eating and drinking from me, believing on me, you have no life in you, meaning you are still spiritually dead !

Correct, He became guilty by imputation only, not impartation, for thats why it says He was made sin for us, sin meaning a sin offering, since the sins of His People were imputed/charged to Him 2 Cor 5:21
Yes, thanks brightfame52 - appreciate the verses. Journeyman goes down these rabbit holes and I've gotten tired of following him there time and time again. However, on the other hand, I kind of hate to leave his posts un-replied to since others who read them may think he's correct if I don't when he definitely isn't, so I'm tempted -it's a dilemma.

he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Lk.6:35

How did the gentle way God acted on the Cross toward sinners who hated him, becone God taking vengence on himself?

Now when the owner of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those tenants?"
They said to him, "He will utterly destroy those evil men! Then he will lease the vineyard to other tenants who will give him his portion at the harvest." Jesus said to them, "Have you never read in the scriptures: 'The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone. This is from the Lord, and it is marvelous in our eyes'? Mt.21:40-42

How did sinners rejecting the Son, become the Father rejecting the Son? God wanted his Son killed? It's madness.

Yes, thanks brightfame52 - appreciate the verses. Journeyman goes down these rabbit holes and I've gotten tired of following him there time and time again. However, on the other hand, I kind of hate to leave his posts un-replied to since others who read them may think he's correct if I don't when he definitely isn't, so I'm tempted -it's a dilemma.
I gotcha, when you do I may take the opportunity to comment on what you say if you dont mind

randy

Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.

Yes, Hes knocking at the door of an lukewarm apostate church, and if any of His Sheep are in there, they will hear His voice, for its only the regenerated spiritually alive Sheep who hear His their Shepherds voice Jn 10:16

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

And again, hearing of the Spiritual sort presupposes Spiritual life

Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God

Again thats the regenerated Sheep who receive Him and believe on His Name Jn 1:12-13

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

See there, only the ones birthed of God received Him and believed on His Name, those are spiritual activities friend, not natural

for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Correct, because calling on the name of the Lord is a evidence that one is saved. God quickens us first, that is made alive, in order to us to call upon His Name. This principle is seen in the Ps 80:18

18 So will not we go back from thee: quicken us, and we will call upon thy name.

May God be pleased to give you understanding .

there is nothing whatsoever that anyone can do in any way to obtain it

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

So people don't need to believe in Him?

How can a person be saved by someone they have never heard of ?

JLB

How can a person be saved by someone they have never heard of ?

JLB,
Those who have truly come to believe in Him are saved and their belief a result of that salvation but not its cause; that is; first salvation occurs, and from that, hearing and faith by the Holy Spirit. Those are they whom God has elected to salvation from before the foundation of the world. They "hear" only because God took the commitment upon Himself for them to hear the gospel and to believe. One way or another, God, through His divine providence, ensures they are brought into proximity of the gospel and through the Holy Spirit hear it spiritually. God alone is the Saviour, and is He alone who saves, we cannot not.

[Gal 5:22 KJV] 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

[Mat 13:16 KJV] 16 But blessed [are] your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

roger

Those who have truly come to believe in Him are saved and their belief a result of that salvation but not its cause;

Correct, believing in Jesus is an evidence of God loving one, regenerating one or quickening, and giving them the gift of believing in Jesus Christ Phil 1:29

29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Unfortunately majority of people have been deceived to believe that the word believeth in Jn 3:16 is a requirement, a condition, a command, but its not, its a present tense active participle, a simple statement of fact or reality viewed as occurring in actual time

And we know the ones believing, from Jn 1:12-13 had been born of God

But people just insist that believeth in Jn 3:16 is requirement or a command to do, to get saved.

first salvation occurs, and from that, hearing and faith by the Holy Spirit.

Exactly
Those are they whom God has elected to salvation from before the foundation of the world. They "hear" only because God took the commitment upon Himself for them to hear the gospel and to believe.

Yes, which is seen from Eph 1:4-13 The ones believing/Trusting in Eph 1:13 had been Chosen in Christ before the foundation Eph 1:4 and Redeemed by Jesus Blood in Eph 1:7 and Vs 13 shows an obvious work of the Spirit in them prior then seals them.
One way or another, God, through His divine providence, ensures they are brought into proximity of the gospel and through the Holy Spirit hear it spiritually. God alone is the Saviour, and is He alone who saves, we cannot not.

Amen and Amen. God will send them the Gospel to hear and believe, or He will deliver them to a place to be under the Preaching of the Gospel of their Salvation !

Those who have truly come to believe in Him are saved and their belief a result of that salvation but not its cause; that is; first salvation occurs, and from that, hearing and faith by the Holy Spirit.

that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9

The way the scripture teaches that a person is saved is by hearing and believing the message of salvation through Jesus Christ.

How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? Romans 10:14

My question remains —

How can a person be saved by Jesus if they have never heard of Him?

• How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed?
  • And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard?
  • And how shall they hear without a preacher?

How can they believe in someone they have never heard of?

Please explain how a person is to believe in Jesus Christ, if they have never heard of Him. Please use scripture.

JLB

that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
One cannot believe from the heart unless the heart is changed first. To be saved is the only way
for the heart to be changed.

[Jer 17:9 KJV] 9 The heart [is] deceitful above all [things], and desperately wicked: who can know it?

The way the scripture teaches that a person is saved is by hearing and believing the message of salvation through Jesus Christ.

How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? Romans 10:14
The hearing is spiritual hearing, and for that, God has to give spiritual ears.
That can only happen by becoming saved.

My question remains —

How can a person be saved by Jesus if they have never heard of Him?

• How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed?
  • And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard?
  • And how shall they hear without a preacher?

How can they believe in someone they have never heard of?

Please explain how a person is to believe in Jesus Christ, if they have never heard of Him. Please use scripture.
I answered this exact question in my last reply to you. Your post above does
not change any of that. Did you observe the verses in it-- that those who hear have ears to hear have them because they have been blessed by God? Not all ears are so blessed.
Again, salvation is not a work that we can perform for ourselves in any sense, it is only imparted as a gift of God. Anything besides it being a gift would make it a work and we cannot be saved by our works. First, through God, a person is saved, and from/by that, do all the Christian attributes flow.

Why is it so difficult to understand that God and God alone is the Saviour and that we are not?
Please, read the below verses carefully.

[Tit 3:5-6 KJV]
5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear. Mt.13:16

It's like when parents say to children, "Do you hear me?" What they mean is, "Are you going to do what I asked?"

So our Lord means their ears were blessed because they obeyed him.
This is the correct understanding of Christs' words, because the context of the passage is,

“Why do you speak to the people in parables? Mt.13:10

A parable is an earthly story that reveals a heavenly truth. Following the instruction in the parable cures spiritual dearness (and blindness too!)
The parable Messiah tells in Mt.13:18-23 illustrates this.

It's like when parents say to children, "Do you hear me?" What they mean is, "Are you going to do what I asked?"
non sequitur

So our Lord means their ears were blessed because they obeyed him.
This is the correct understanding of Christs' words, because the context of the passage is,
non sequitur
“Why do you speak to the people in parables? Mt.13:10
You left out verse 11:

[Mat 13:10-11 KJV]
10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

[Mat 13:13-16 KJV]
13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and [their] ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with [their] eyes, and hear with [their] ears, and should understand with [their] heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
16 But blessed [are] your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

Last edited:
Back