Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is Calvinism Another Gospel?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Paul wrote to the Galatians, "I marvel that you are so soon removed from him that called into the grace of Christ unto another Gospel. Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the Gospel of Christ" Galatians 1:6-7.

There is only one Gospel, it is the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18-19. If your Gospel does not do that then you have a false Gospel.

Nowhere in the New Testament does it say that God predestinates people to heaven or to hell. Many assume that the Bible teaches that but there is no scripture that says that. It is a false Gospel and it perverts the true Gospel of Jesus Christ.

In the Gospel Jesus comes into the world to be the savior of the world, John 3:17. Jesus saves the world by providing salvation for everyone, Hebrews 2:9. So that "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13. If you want to be saved you will have to call on Christ to save you. This is an act of faith.

Paul said, "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other Gospel unto you than what we have preached unto you, let him be accursed" Galatians 1:8. Predestination is a false Gospel and is under the judgment of God.

The short answer: no, Calvinism does not teach another gospel. It is still justification by grace alone, on the basis of Christ alone, through faith alone.
To say that you have been predestinated to salvation is most certainly another Gospel. It is a false Gospel. There is no scripture that says predestination saves.

To say that you have been predestinated to salvation is most certainly another Gospel. It is a false Gospel. There is no scripture that says predestination saves.
Be careful not to confuse hyper-Calvinism with Calvinism or Reformed theology. Calvinism teaches that justification is by grace alone, based on Christ alone, through faith alone. They do believe the gospel, despite seeing some things differently.

Glad to know

="Free, post: 1725916, member: 19"]
Be careful not to confuse hyper-Calvinism with Calvinism or Reformed theology. Calvinism teaches that justification is by grace alone, based on Christ alone, through faith alone. They do believe the gospel, despite seeing some things differently.
Don't confuse him with the actual way they focus in the five solas that they say is a must as it's

Soli gratis
Silo de Christus
Sola fide
Sola scriptura ,Sola de Gloria de dios .

I had to affirm that to be a member of my church .

I no longer get hung up on the reformed versus arminist debate on how God saves . I don't buy the five points as they see it fully .my pastors wife isn't even Reformed but is as I am .she doesn't care to debate that ,neither .to be an elder I would have to be a five pointer .I'm not called . It's not a hill to die on.

I no longer get hung up on the reformed versus arminist debate on how God saves . I don't buy the five points as they see it fully .my pastors wife isn't even Reformed but is as I am .she doesn't care to debate that ,neither .to be an elder I would have to be a five pointer .I'm not called . It's not a hill to die on.
Same. All I see are the problems on both sides and just choose to hold some in tension and know that I won’t know until Jesus returns and corrects all of us where we’re wrong. God saves whom he saves, how he choose to save them. But it is for certain that Reformed theology teaches the true gospel, and arguably has a higher view of it since justification is all a work of God.

There are as many saved and unsaved people in Reformed churches as in any other denomination.

If Calvinist believed that salvation was by grace alone, Christ alone, faith alone. They would not be Calvinist, they would be Christians. They muddy everything up with predestination.

If Calvinist believed that salvation was by grace alone, Christ alone, faith alone. They would not be Calvinist, they would be Christians. They muddy everything up with predestination.
They are Christians that believe in salvation by grace alone, in Christ alone, through faith alone. You might disagree with their idea of predestination, which the Bible mentions four to six times (depending on translation), but that doesn't mean they aren't Christians or don't have biblically based beliefs.

They are Christians that believe in salvation by grace alone, in Christ alone, through faith alone. You might disagree with their idea of predestination, which the Bible mentions four to six times (depending on translation), but that doesn't mean they aren't Christians or don't have biblically based beliefs.
Faith in Christ and his Gospel is the door to eternal life, Ephesians 1:13.

Calvinism does not promote faith in Christ and his Gospel. It is not possible to have faith in a Christ that has failed to atone for the sins of the whole world. Nor is it possible to have faith in an unjust God that provides salvation for some, but not all.

Faith in Christ and his Gospel is the door to eternal life, Ephesians 1:13.

Calvinism does not promote faith in Christ and his Gospel. It is not possible to have faith in a Christ that has failed to atone for the sins of the whole world. Nor is it possible to have faith in an unjust God that provides salvation for some, but not all.
But it does. And God is never unjust, regardless of what he does or what one thinks he does.

The fact remains that while Jesus died for all sins, everywhere, and in all times, not all will be saved. Indeed, relatively few will be. In the very least, as Calvinism teaches, Christ died for those who are to be saved.

But it does. And God is never unjust, regardless of what he does or what one thinks he does.

The fact remains that while Jesus died for all sins, everywhere, and in all times, not all will be saved. Indeed, relatively few will be. In the very least, as Calvinism teaches, Christ died for those who are to be saved.
There is such a thing as saving faith. Calvinism is not saving faith.

Calvinism is self-defeating, it requires that you believe things about God and Jesus Christ that are not of the faith.

You will NOT be saved if you believe that God is divisive and unjust, predestination of some certain individuals.

You will NOT be saved if you do not believe that Jesus has atoned for your sins and the sins of the whole world.

There is such a thing as saving faith. Calvinism is not saving faith.

Calvinism is self-defeating, it requires that you believe things about God and Jesus Christ that are not of the faith.

You will NOT be saved if you believe that God is divisive and unjust, predestination of some certain individuals.

You will NOT be saved if you do not believe that Jesus has atoned for your sins and the sins of the whole world.
Then argue what predestination means. Start with these verses:

Rom 8:29 For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.
Rom 8:30 And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified. (ESV)

Rev 17:8 The beast that you saw was, and is not, and is about to rise from the bottomless pit and go to destruction. And the dwellers on earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the foundation of the world will marvel to see the beast, because it was and is not and is to come. (ESV)

Clearly, some have had their names written in the book of life from the foundation of the world.

What you're essentially doing is presenting a straw man of what Calvinism teaches and then arguing that it does not teach saving faith. It seems that you don't know what they actually teach on this. I'm not going to get into discussing this issue, but I'm just trying to help you see that what Calvinism and Reformed theology teach isn't completely without basis.

Then argue what predestination means. Start with these verses:

Rom 8:29 For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.
Rom 8:30 And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified. (ESV)

Rev 17:8 The beast that you saw was, and is not, and is about to rise from the bottomless pit and go to destruction. And the dwellers on earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the foundation of the world will marvel to see the beast, because it was and is not and is to come. (ESV)

Clearly, some have had their names written in the book of life from the foundation of the world.

What you're essentially doing is presenting a straw man of what Calvinism teaches and then arguing that it does not teach saving faith. It seems that you don't know what they actually teach on this. I'm not going to get into discussing this issue, but I'm just trying to help you see that what Calvinism and Reformed theology teach isn't completely without basis.
None of the scriptures that you listed say that God predestinates people to heaven or to hell. The scriptures that you listed are also for me that is not a Calvinist. I have been predestinated to be conformed to the image of Christ. I was also called and justified and will be glorified. What makes you think that those scriptures are only for Calvinist?

None of the scriptures that you listed say that God predestinates people to heaven or to hell. The scriptures that you listed are also for me that is not a Calvinist. I have been predestinated to be conformed to the image of Christ. I was also called and justified and will be glorified. What makes you think that those scriptures are only for Calvinist?
And what does it mean to be predestined to be conformed to the image of Christ? Are there going to be those in hell who were predestined to be conformed to the image of Christ? If not, then it will be only those in hell who were not predestined to be conformed to the image of Christ, and those who were will be in heaven.

What does it mean to be justified? Are there also going to be those in hell who are justified? If not, then it will be only those in hell who were not predestined to be justified, and those who were will be in heaven.

What does it mean to have one's name written in the book of life from the foundation of the world? Is this not speaking of being predestined to salvation, since those whose names aren't written in the book of life spend eternity apart from God?

We see it again in Rev 13:8, "and all who dwell on earth will worship it, everyone whose name has not been written before the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who was slain." (ESV)

And we know what else happens to those whose names aren't written in the book of life:

Rev 20:15 And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire. (ESV)

And what does it mean to be predestined to be conformed to the image of Christ? Are there going to be those in hell who were predestined to be conformed to the image of Christ? If not, then it will be only those in hell who were not predestined to be conformed to the image of Christ, and those who were will be in heaven.

What does it mean to be justified? Are there also going to be those in hell who are justified? If not, then it will be only those in hell who were not predestined to be justified, and those who were will be in heaven.

What does it mean to have one's name written in the book of life from the foundation of the world? Is this not speaking of being predestined to salvation, since those whose names aren't written in the book of life spend eternity apart from God?

We see it again in Rev 13:8, "and all who dwell on earth will worship it, everyone whose name has not been written before the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who was slain." (ESV)

And we know what else happens to those whose names aren't written in the book of life:

Rev 20:15 And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire. (ESV)
You have a lot of questions, which means that you probably have little to no assurance of your salvation.

When you trust in Christ to save you your name is written in the book of life.

You have a lot of questions, which means that you probably have little to no assurance of your salvation.

When you trust in Christ to save you your name is written in the book of life.
Please answer the questions.

Back