Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

IS DEMONIC POSSESSION REAL ?

As I thought you have no practical experience with the demonic realm . There are many of us in this thread that do have practical experience with the demonic realm . Hidden In Him and Dorothy Mae are two of them .
Come back when you have practical experience and we will talk .
No, I understand.
But you think it is some angel or other creation of God not mentioned in Scripture.

No, I understand.
But you think it is some angel or other creation of God not mentioned in Scripture.
I think exactly what the Holy Spirit told me "That's Demonic " . Choices would be Satan , fallen angel , demon . Demons are the ground troops so that would make sense to me . Did I snarl at myself ? No brother I did not .

I think exactly what the Holy Spirit told me "That's Demonic " . Choices would be Satan , fallen angel , demon . Demons are the ground troops so that would make sense to me . Did I snarl at myself ? No brother I did not .

I've had discussions with Jeremiah on it before, and it went much the same way. He is dead set in his beliefs, and I doubt if even quoting the Greek to him would help.

So sometimes you just have to let people have their beliefs, and leave it at that.
- H

If demons are (fallen) angels why didn’t the Holy Spirit use the Hebrew “malek” or the Greek “angelos”?
Why coin a whole new word in Greek?
I’ll let you think about that one.

I AM a child of the KING!

And self-reflection is necessary to honest growth and understanding:

2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. 3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. Rom. 12:2–3.

If sharing my place and ministry in the body of Christ is error or sin, then Paul was in error and sin to describe his place and ministry in the body of Christ by saying "I am apostle and magnify mine office," and to tell of shipwrecks, being in jail (that jail-bird), suffering beatings, and whippings, and 'in the deep,' and other such experiences in his epistles.

Even God Himself boasts by continually telling the children of Israel how with a mighty arm He delivered His people out of Egypt.
AND He IS a God of love, but notice Paul said love doesn't brag/boast and God boasts.
Figure that one out!

Angels of God manifested human shape and form (bodies), but there is nowhere in Scripture where a fallen angel takes the shape and form (body) of a human anywhere in Scripture.
You said 'demons' do.
What is a 'demon,' Dororthy Mae?
Wow...you really do think you are great comparing yourself to God Almighty. I guess the humility of Jesus did not impact your practice of christianity. Well, at least I know the level of pride I am dealing with.

I've had discussions with Jeremiah on it before, and it went much the same way. He is dead set in his beliefs, and I doubt if even quoting the Greek to him would help.

So sometimes you just have to let people have their beliefs, and leave it at that.
- H
Good advise! I will take it and go from there. Thank you!

Do you actually believe that what we know of the Doctrines of Christ today were reasoned out in the first century? Not all.
You think none of those who wrote the New Testament thought about the doctrine? I would remind you that we are told to love God with our minds.

You will see in my posts that I weave scripture in my writings naturally which is actually what the writers of the NT did. They wove scripture into their writings. They rarely quoted where the scripture came from. But that was because the readers were very familiar with scripture and did not need the reference. They recognized scripture wherever it was there. They did not need the quote to be in bold with blinking lights so it would be known it was a quote from scripture.
God controls how much light each person and generation receives to understand His Word to His people. He controls the eye and the ear and the mind and the understanding. Paul makes that clear.
So God is manipulating the world including manipulating man's minds according to you. How sad. We are just pawns in a game God is cruelly playing. This, by the way, if pretty much in line with Reformed Theology you denied you hold.
25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, 26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:
Rom. 16:25–26.
Notice it was "made know to all nations" not merely to those lucky ones that God is giving light to. No mention of his controlling the eye and the ear. The fact that the Bible teaches us to take care as to what our eyes look upon ("looking upon a woman to lust is already adultery") and what our hands do ("if you hand offends you cut it off") tells us WE are responsible, not God.
God reveals His Word to those that can handle it and at the appointed TIME. His TIME
When He's good and ready.
Jesus said "seek and you shall find" and not "God will reveal his Word to a few lucky ones so no worries. Nothing for you to do about it."
But He doesn't reveal His Word to the disobedient, ignorant, arrogant, prideful people saved or unsaved. One must be a child of truth being taught the Word of Truth by the Spirit of Truth about the God is Truth.
Never heard THAT in thirty years?
I notice you do not supply a scripture for that statement. It is partially true. I am beginning to see why you think the demonic world is merely an attitude.

Last edited:
Demons and evil spirits are the attitudes of the mind.
They do not possess a body but are intangible.
God created angels and man. And demons, especially evil spirits and attitudes emanated from both Lucifer, his fallen comrades, and man. Ever had an evil attitude? Such an attitude that appears on your countenance? Surely, you've been pissed-off as Christian and when you were in the world? Where do you suppose those attitudes come from?

There's a reason why Paul said this:

4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) 5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; 6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled. 2 Cor. 10:4–6.

There are only four spirits the gift of discerning of spirits discerns:

1. the spirit of fallen angels.
2. the spirit of elect angels.
3. the spirit of man.
4. the Spirit of God.

These four and no more.

So in your mind demons dont exist?

Wow...you really do think you are great comparing yourself to God Almighty. I guess the humility of Jesus did not impact your practice of christianity. Well, at least I know the level of pride I am dealing with.
Did I really compare myself to God Almighty?
Or are you, like, putting words in my text not there, which is pretty much lying.
Who's yer father?

So in your mind demons dont exist?
Demons are attitudes. Attitudes come from the mind.
These negative attitudes first began with Lucifer and his fallen angels.
And they were also found in Adam. But because God created certain angels sinful they sinned.
Same with man (Adam.) God created Adam sinful and once the Command came to not eat from the tree it showed he was a sinner before his sin of disobedience.
I mean, take a look at Cain: "Am I my brother's keeper?"
What an attitude.

Did I really compare myself to God Almighty?
Yes you did. You used the example of God boasting of what he did to justify you telling us you are great. Notice God repeated what He did. We still have no idea what great things you’ve done.
Or are you, like, putting words in my text not there, which is pretty much lying.
No but you falsely accuse me.
Who's yer father?
You cannot tell?

Demons are attitudes.

Demons are spirits.

They can occupy people and animals.

They can speak.

So the demons begged Him, saying, “If You cast us out, permit us to go away into the herd of swine.” Matthew 8:31

Demons oppress people and can cause them to be deaf and mute.

As they went out, behold, they brought to Him a man, mute and demon-possessed. And when the demon was cast out, the mute spoke. And the multitudes marveled, saying, “It was never seen like this in Israel!” Matthew 9:32

Again, demons are spirits and can speak.

Then He healed many who were sick with various diseases, and cast out many demons; and He did not allow the demons to speak, because they knew Him.
Mark 1:34

Believers do the works of Jesus Christ as well.

And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues;
Mark 16:17

Jesus cast out demons wherever He went, and destroyed the works of the devil.

JLB

Yes you did. You used the example of God boasting of what he did to justify you telling us you are great. Notice God repeated what He did. We still have no idea what great things you’ve done.

No but you falsely accuse me.

You cannot tell?
Now you're talking about justification?
If you want to misunderstand my statements, then this reveals to me how your mind and character works.
Now, post my comment(s) where I directly compare myself to God.
But if you want to take my separate statement how God boasts about Himself and another separate statement of me sharing truthfully aspects of my Christian life in Christ and judge that I am comparable to Almighty God then you don't really read and consider what is posted in order to understand and you jump to conclusions that are not indicated.
This shows an understanding deficiency.
I'm sure it also applies to your understanding of Scripture.
WHICH MUST BE DONE UNDER THE ANOINTING not leaning on your own understanding in the vanity of your mind.

Demons are spirits.

They can occupy people and animals.

They can speak.

So the demons begged Him, saying, “If You cast us out, permit us to go away into the herd of swine.” Matthew 8:31

Demons oppress people and can cause them to be deaf and mute.

As they went out, behold, they brought to Him a man, mute and demon-possessed. And when the demon was cast out, the mute spoke. And the multitudes marveled, saying, “It was never seen like this in Israel!” Matthew 9:32

Again, demons are spirits and can speak.

Then He healed many who were sick with various diseases, and cast out many demons; and He did not allow the demons to speak, because they knew Him.
Mark 1:34

Believers do the works of Jesus Christ as well.

And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues;
Mark 16:17

Jesus cast out demons wherever He went, and destroyed the works of the devil.

JLB
Where do these evil spirits come from? Did God create them? And if He did, when?

What are demons?
Evil spirits .

11 And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul:
12 So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.
13 Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the LORD Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.
14 And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.
15 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?
16 And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

Back