Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Is God the Cause of sin and evil in the world ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The problem is Jas 1:13 says he can't be tempted, nor does he tempt man.... It doesn't say he didn't create. He doesn't need to tempt anyone with evil anymore than he needs to lie. He has the devil to tempt and has sent lying spirits to decieve those that deserve to be deceived.

John 1:3 says God created all things. I know some people think evil is not a thing, and that's fine.... I don't think they're right and I think those lying spirits did a pretty good job on that one.

If we say evil is a created thing than we must say good is a created thing.
Yes satan and the demons are very good at doing no good thing, on evil things.
good and evil are only adjectives
But I know I have felt in the past that evil could almost be touched it was so real.

The problem is Jas 1:13 says he can't be tempted, nor does he tempt man.... It doesn't say he didn't create. He doesn't need to tempt anyone with evil anymore than he needs to lie. He has the devil to tempt and has sent lying spirits to decieve those that deserve to be deceived.

John 1:3 says God created all things. I know some people think evil is not a thing, and that's fine.... I don't think they're right and I think those lying spirits did a pretty good job on that one.

how is it possible the true God to say: "do not hurt/harm any human", and at the same time He Himself to hurt/harm someone of the people?!

Romans 2:17-24 "Behold, thou art called a Jew(i.e. a cleric/believer), and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God, And knowest his will, and approvest the things that are more excellent, being instructed out of the law; And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness, An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law. Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal(i.e. do you bereave against the Will of God)? Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery(i.e. do you intrude/coerce/enslave)? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege(i.e. do you commit iniquity in the faith)? Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law(i.e. the Holy Law of (the) faith) dishonourest thou God? For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.",

for as much as the true God is the supreme cleric

Romans 13:8-10 "Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery(i.e. do not intrude/coerce/enslave), Thou shalt not kill(i.e. do not hurt/harm/murder), Thou shalt not steal(i.e. do not bereave/rob), Thou shalt not bear false witness(i.e. do not defame/slander/libel/vilify), Thou shalt not covet(i.e. do not curse/execrate/overlook/imprecate); and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law."

so, is it possible the true God to turn out (that is) even a little evil in such circumstances?!, or how He would be able to say: "do not hurt/harm" if He hurts/harms?!, and if He was the creator of the evil, then thus He would have been the main causer of the evil, and so the main sinner

no one of the humans/souls deserves to be deceived first, or how is it possible someone, who even did not exist first and thus it was not sinful at the beginning, to deserve to be misled?!, such a theory, where all souls of the universe must all but suffer compulsorily through millions of inevitable evolutional rebirths, is typical for the vedas where is full of all: idols, misbeliefs, devilish spirits, and infernal contrivances, but the true God of the biblical scripture is not such

and as we already mentioned above/before, the process of Creation began with the first six days which are recorded in the book "Genesis" 1 chapter, and there has been written that the process of Creation started with the creation of the Heaven and the Earth, and that these two things were the first things which the true God created in the very beginning - on the first day, after there(in the 2nd verse) is shown that the "darkness" already was existing without whatever explanation that God made it, so, here's how it is quite obvious that the "darkness" was not created on the part of the true God, but in the Bible there is also a difference between the true God Who is entirely good and not a bit evil, and the God at large which is just the viewpoint about all uncaused and primordial appearances/phenomena of the universe i.e. not only the appearance of the true God, but also the phenomenon of the "darkness"

as regards the biblical word "thing", in addition to its meaning of "something" or "someone", it also has a meaning of figurative/metaphorical sense e.g. as it is in the sentences: "he'll get somewhere", "he'll make something out of himself", "he's thought highly of", "he thinks a lot of himself", "he thinks no end of himself", etc.

Blessings

Last edited by a moderator:
What is darkness but the absence of light.

What is evil but the absence of good.

And darkness was over the face of the water. God created LIGHT.

I am not educated enough and I don't know how to explain this but I do not believe God created light. The Bible puts it this way, right?
Genesis 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

He didn't create it, he said let it be. For some reason I have in my mind that there is a difference here.

I am not educated enough and I don't know how to explain this but I do not believe God created light. The Bible puts it this way, right?

He didn't create it, he said let it be. For some reason I have in my mind that there is a difference here.

Hmm.. good point! If you have any thoughts on that please share. :)

There isn't. He spoke light (good) into being. He didn't create the sun, moon and stars until the fourth day, which provided physical light.

I have come to the understanding that Jesus is the light. Jesus was not created but always was. Jesus, being part of the Godhead, God decided to let him "be" as in bring forth. I don't know how to explain what I'm thinking.

Let me try an analogy.

I am a man. I have emotions but when I was first born I did not express my emotion of anger. Note that I am using a human analogy and I am in no way suggesting that Christ was born. At some point in my life I made a decision to bring forth or let my anger "be" and so it became. I did not create my anger emotion. It always was part of me.

I think I understand what you're saying.

Light always existed in God and when He spoke He let the Light be on earth? Therefore, He did not create it as it was a part of Him?

All things created for him !

Col 1:16

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

The Him here is the Lord Jesus Christ, and all things that exist, were created by and FOR / UNTO HIM

This includes Adam, for he was created for and according to to a Purpose of Grace, which was a Redemptive Purpose, and this purpose was enacted before the World began 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

It was a Salvation Purpose in Grace that Adam was Created unto . Adam being created, then transgressing and bringing sin and death into the World, was nothing but a realization of God's Eternal Purpose of Grace in Christ for the World which was Created !

God created this world for a redemptive purpose !

God created this world for a redemptive purpose with this end in view Rev 5:9-14

9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

11 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;

12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

14 And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.

And Rev 7:9-12

9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,

12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.

Those Songs were Predetermined by God before Adam was Created, Isa 46:10

10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Adam was Created by God to bring to pass this Purpose of Salvation, of which God would be Praised for throughout Eternity. Adam did not cause this Purpose, this Purpose caused adam !

I have come to the understanding that Jesus is the light. Jesus was not created but always was. Jesus, being part of the Godhead, God decided to let him "be" as in bring forth. I don't know how to explain what I'm thinking.

Let me try an analogy.

I am a man. I have emotions but when I was first born I did not express my emotion of anger. Note that I am using a human analogy and I am in no way suggesting that Christ was born. At some point in my life I made a decision to bring forth or let my anger "be" and so it became. I did not create my anger emotion. It always was part of me.

When I read this I imagine that the Light is the Word of God spoken into a void, His communication and the expressing of Himself.

Why wouldn't God respond to His creatures? A loving Father always responds and does His best to help His Children. How much more would a perfectly loving Father respond to His Creation? He responded by Giving us the best He had to offer, His perfect Son.

Salvation in Christ Jesus is Gods purpose. He is Gods shewbread in the temple, the most Holy portion. And all men are allowed to partake of Gods Shewbread. Some of His own creation are just to darn proud to partake of His shewbread.

If Condemnation is ones emphasis one will never see this truth.

Romans 8:20

King James Version (KJV)

20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

gr8

Why wouldn't God respond to His creatures?

Why wouldn't the creature respond to God's Eternal Purpose ? The creature was not in existence in Eternity when the Purpose was determined.

The answer to the question is absolutely Yes ! All things are made or created for God's good pleasure Rev 4:11

11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

If we believe in the True and Living God, then we ought know He is the First Cause of all causes.

He created the devil for His Pleasure and ordained his activities, He created Adam for His pleasure and ordained his activities and the subsequent consequences.

From the time God said this Gen 1:1-3

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

It put into effect this Eph 1:11

In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

If we do not believe this, rest in this, and we do debate it, reject it, we are no better off than an athiest ! We are as David wrote Ps 14:1

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Sure you can come to this conclusion but so what? We are to focus on living like Jesus...We are to dwell on things that are pure and lovely as Paul said. God allowed evil to exist in order to fulfill his supreme plan. Is God causing people to kill and steal? rape babies?? Not the God i worship he hates sin...the bottom line is this, we don't fully understand the mind of God and how it works we are to focus on pleasing our heavenly Father....to go around proclaiming God is the cause of all perversion and evil in the world is not obeying God. Lets not focus on those things shall we?

He created evil, and darkness for his purpose. Isiah 45:7 And he saved his people from these things for his honor and glory. He didn't save everyone for hell will be heavy populated but he surley saved all he died for..... Grace is amazing And one more thing....Thank you Lord you do have a people whom you choose before you made the world. The Lord is not trying to save anyone. HE SAVED ALL he came to save and man does not like to be told he is helpless before such a great GOD who is rich in mercy and grace.

He created evil, and darkness for his purpose. Isiah 45:7 And he saved his people from these things for his honor and glory. He didn't save everyone for hell will be heavy populated but he surley saved all he died for..... Grace is amazing And one more thing....Thank you Lord you do have a people whom you choose before you made the world. The Lord is not trying to save anyone. HE SAVED ALL he came to save and man does not like to be told he is helpless before such a great GOD who is rich in mercy and grace.

Easy to say when you believe you're one of those chosen to be saved. The rest of us are just unlucky then.

This world was Created for the Purpose of the Cross, that the lamb slain from the foundation would be actually slain in time by hands of wicked men Acts 2:23

23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

God purposed sin and wickedness to fulfill the purpose for which this world was Created,The Cross of Christ !

Not!!!!Had satan not rebelled and took a 1/3 of creation with him,Christ would not have had to die on the cross.......Without free will,one cannot love God,and call it love....

Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I made peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things."

This verse has been badly translated from the Hebrew text. Lets take a close look at two words here, the words "create", and "evil". The verb "create" or "bara" in the Hebrew requires the rendering "to bring about". This word has to be determined in the context of it's use.

The word "evil" is never rendered "sin", but "calamity". God brings calamity into our lives as the inevitable consequences of the sin that is committed. God is saying that if you chose to bring sin in your life, you can count on the calamity that will follow. God has not created the sin, or evil, but God has created the individuals that have turned to evil. Then when you get out of line, God provides the distress within your life to show you that you are out of line, and by that calamity you know it is time to repent and get back into line.

If you are a child of God, you will pick up on those times when you are out of the will of God, and see the distress for what it is and thank Him for it. You will get back to where you should be, and then God will straighten you path and break down those bars and gates that are in your way. However it is all up to you.

God is the First Cause of sin and Death !

We know, if we Truly know the True God, that He is the First and primary Cause of Sin and Death into His World, for satan, Adam & Eve and etc, are mere secondary causes carrying out His Eternal Redemptive Purpose in Christ Jesus Eph 3:9-11

9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

Whereby through Him [Christ] He[God the Father] would make known His Manifold Wisdom by the Church [The Church Redeemed and Glorified]

Now God's Eternal Purpose of Wisdom came from within Himself and was not as many irreverently state and imply, that God's Purpose Purpose for Christ, the Wisdom of God, 1 Cor 1:24, was a response to God foreseeing that adam by his own freewill would sin, and so this Eternal Purpose in Christ was sorta a backup plan or a alternative plan, a reaction to His creature, an action outside of Himself in temporal creation, it was such to cause God to form an Eternal Purpose before the temporal action which caused it occurred ! This is most insolent to the Divine Being of Perfection and Wisdom. However, Man, Adam was Created by God in accordance with His Eternal Purpose in Christ, the Wisdom of God, the lamb Slain from the Foundation Prov 8:22-36

Those who sin against this Wisdom wrongeth there own soul and love death Prov 8:36

There isn't. He spoke light (good) into being. He didn't create the sun, moon and stars until the fourth day, which provided physical light.

Genesis 1:3 "And God said, "let there be light:" and there was light."

Almost every verse involving this creation story of Genesis one starts with the words; "And God said.". However in the Hebrew text it says; "And the Magnificent Lord God Almighty". The original text gives God the full Spirit movement, and the most respect possible for our Almighty Father God.

This verse is still in the first day when the light came into being.

Genesis 1:4 "And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness."

Genesis 1:5 "And God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day."

It will be on into another day that the sun, and moon, and stars were created. What does it mean then when God said, "Let there be light"?

When the Holy Spirit of God, the "Ruach" in the Hebrew, moved upon the face of the earth; there is light, for He [the Holy Spirit] is light. Without the Holy Spirit there is total darkness, so the Holy Spirit of God, on the first day started His work.

Within the first chapter of Genesis God reveals His entire plan of God. Verses three through five are NOT dealing with the sun and moon, for they come later. But it is dealing with the presence of the Holy Spirit of God that is to be present throughout this earth age. That "Ruach" or Spirit is the first, and most important part of the creation, for without The Holy Spirit there is only darkness.

This is also the start of God's plan, which includes you and I, and all of God's children. The choice is choosing between the "Light", which is the Spirit of God", and darkness. Ezekiel 28:12-19 declares Satan, "the King of Tyrus", to be that darkness in the world. Then if your choice be darkness, verse 18 declares your destination after judgment: "I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth..."

All prophecies in the entire Bible that refer to God's elect, or the children of God; those that happen to be in God's will, are called "children of light". This also applies to prophecies that are given in days, or solar years. [see Daniel 12:11]

In turn, all prophecies dealing with Satan, his wickedness, and his children are given in months, or moons. Satan's children, then are called the "children of darkness", or "of the night". [see Revelation 13:4, 5] Satan is the darkness that is the negative part of God's plan. Satan was here from the beginning of this earth age, and God allowed it.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back