Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Is God the Cause of sin and evil in the world ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
This world was created for a redemptive purpose !2

Secondly as to what Hope Rom 8:20 meaneth, its this one Col 1:27

27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

This Hope of Glory in Christ was founded upon the Promise of Eternal Life Titus 1:2.

Its also founded upon the Mystery, which Mystery was of the Eternal Purpose in Christ Eph 3:1-11. God Created this World by that Purpose Eph 3:9-11

9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

This Eternal Purpose originated in the Heart of God in Eternity past,also in His Manifold Wisdom. God through this Eternal Purpose in Christ would bring Salvation and Redemption to the ends of the Earth Isa 45:21-22

21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

BTW This Hope, The Hope of Glory,Christ in You is the same as the promise here Isa 45:25

25 In the Lord shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory

You have a twisted doctrine: for it was Adam who willingly decided to eat from the forbidden tree, not GOD who ordained him to do it! What's more, you do not know that Adam is the devil, who is also the serpent (not a snake) who deceived Eve, by subtley telling her a perverted commamdment from the very Beginning, even the one she quoted (GEN2:2-3).

But, for certain, GOD had a plan if Adam did sin.

This world was created for a redemptive purpose !3

Thirdly, this Hope of Rom 8:20 is that Hope each Heir is begotten unto by the Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead 1 Pet 1:3-4

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

This means that God Created the World with a view of Christ's Resurrection from the dead in Purpose.

So Christ's Death, Burial, and Resurrection from the dead were concluded in the Eternal Purpose of Christ for which this world was Created , and Christ's Death, Burial, and Resurrection had a view to our offenses Rom 4:25

25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

So again, the World was Created for an Eternal Redemptive purpose in Christ, where of God before the World Began purposed sin into His World and Death and Corruption, all redounding to His Eternal Glory through Jesus Christ !

you think a lot and it might be muddling your thoughts

ever check the news? the history books?

so are the millions killed in the various holocausts since the world began, killed by God's will?

if/when you are about to be plunged into the lake of fire, you may wish to consider that maybe there was something you could have done, or not done to prevent it

enlighten

You have a twisted doctrine: for it was Adam who willingly decided to eat
from the forbidden tree

Well, we know that he did eat of it, but was it willingly ? That seems to contradict Rom 8:20

20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

Not my will but thine be done !

Does those words sound familiar ? How about here Matt 26:39,42

39 And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.

When did this Cup become the Will of the Father for Christ ? Was it the Will of the Father before the world began, before Adam sinned ?

Adam and Eve in the garden that day that the serpent prevailed, they did only what the counsel of the Lord had already detyermined to be done by them Prov 19:21

21 There are many devices [thoughts] in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel[urpose] of the Lord, that shall stand.

It was God's Counsel and Purpose for them to succumbed by the serpent and bring sin and death in the World for His Eternal Purpose centered in Christ Jesus Glorifying Him on the Cross !

Foolish and unlearned people !

Many foolish and unlearned people claim that sin and evil were not created by God, and therefore are not from God, but that is pure nonsense,absurdity, for if anything Is, or transpires, how then did it come into being or how did it come to pass if it were not for God's determinant counsel Acts 2:23

23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel[definite plan] and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

Then it was acts done by self determinate beings, which are not, save the Eternal God !

People object, that Adam brought sin into the world, and not God, however they foolishly neglect to consider who Created Adam and gave him being.

Now answer yourself this question oh foolish one, could Adam have sinned and brought sin and death into the world Per Rom 5:12 if God did not Create him ?

I would like to have seen that if it was possible ! Next question, Did not God know for sure that Adam would sin in the garden and bring in the consequences of death. Did not God know this before He created Adam and gave him being ? Yes or No !

Now if the all knowing God with an Eternal Purpose in Christ before the world was Created, knew what would transpire with Adam after He Created him, and God nevertheless Created him anyway according to His Eternal Purpose and Counsel, then who can deny that it [Adam's transgression and consequences thereof] were not according to God's Eternal Purpose in Christ Eph 3:11. To debate this is absurdity, and shows that one does not really know the True God !

Foolish and unlearned people !

Many foolish and unlearned people claim that sin and evil were not created by God, and therefore are not from God, but that is pure nonsense,absurdity
God did not create sin or evil. That is unbiblical and blasphemous.

All things created for him !

Col 1:16

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

The Him here is the Lord Jesus Christ, and all things that exist, were created by and FOR / UNTO HIM

This includes Adam, for he was created for and according to to a Purpose of Grace, which was a Redemptive Purpose, and this purpose was enacted before the World began 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

It was a Salvation Purpose in Grace that Adam was Created unto . Adam being created, then transgressing and bringing sin and death into the World, was nothing but a realization of God's Eternal Purpose of Grace in Christ for the World which was Created !

The answer to the question is absolutely Yes ! All things are made or created for God's good pleasure Rev 4:11

11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

If we believe in the True and Living God, then we ought know He is the First Cause of all causes.

He created the devil for His Pleasure and ordained his activities, He created Adam for His pleasure and ordained his activities and the subsequent consequences.

From the time God said this Gen 1:1-3

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

It put into effect this Eph 1:11

In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

If we do not believe this, rest in this, and we do debate it, reject it, we are no better off than an athiest ! We are as David wrote Ps 14:1

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

there is one thing which the true God did never create, and it is the "darkness" and its appearances, that's why He prepared it/them in order to be outright locked, here's how it is visible that the "darkness" has existed even from before the beginning of the eternity:

Genesis 1:1-5 "In the beginning(i.e. in the beginning of the eternity) God created the heaven(i.e. the world of good) and the earth(i.e. and the constructive substance viz. the variety of subsistence). And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters(i.e. of the multitude of souls and the remaining part of the universal substance). And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night(i.e. and He constrained the "darkness"). And the evening and the morning were the first day."

He has full power to repress the appearance of the "darkness"

Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create(i.e. and deter/restrain the appearance of the) darkness: I make peace, and create(i.e. and repress the) evil: I the LORD do all these things."

so exactly the "darkness" is the cause of sin/evil, while the true God cannot be guilty

Blessings

Last edited by a moderator:
there is one thing which the true God did never create, and it is the "darkness" and its appearances, that's why He prepared it/them in order to be outright locked, here's how it is visible that the "darkness" has existed even from before the beginning of the eternity:

Genesis 1:1-5 "In the beginning(i.e. in the beginning of the eternity) God created the heaven(i.e. the world of good) and the earth(i.e. and the constructive substance viz. the variety of subsistence). And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters(i.e. of the multitude of souls and the remaining part of the universal substance). And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night(i.e. and He constrained the "darkness"). And the evening and the morning were the first day."

He has full power to repress the appearance of the "darkness"

Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create(i.e. and deter/restrain the appearance of the) darkness: I make peace, and create(i.e. and repress the) evil: I the LORD do all these things."

so exactly the "darkness" is the cause of sin/evil, while the true God cannot be guilty

Blessings

What is the reasoning for the definition you give for "create" (i.e. and deter/restrain the appearance of the)? That's not the definition of the English word, and according to my Strong's dictionary it isn't for the hebrew equivalant of it. The word is "bara" and the primary definition is "to create".

I believe from my interpretation of scripture that the only way God is responsible for evil in the world is this....

He made man in His image with free will and gave man dominion over the world.

Adam with his free will disobeyed God and gave up his dominion over the world to the distroyer by the knowledge of good and evil.

Jesus bought it back at the cross and shares it with us. It is through born again believers that He works to overcome the evil in the world.

What is the reasoning for the definition you give for "create" (i.e. and deter/restrain the appearance of the)? That's not the definition of the English word, and according to my Strong's dictionary it isn't for the hebrew equivalant of it. The word is "bara" and the primary definition is "to create".

בָּרָא(bara'):
1) to create, shape, form

a) (Qal) to shape, fashion, create (always with God as subject)
1) of heaven and earth
2) of individual man
3) of new conditions and circumstances
4) of transformations

b) (Niphal) to be created
1) of heaven and earth
2) of birth
3) of something new
4) of miracles

c) (Piel)
1) to cut down
2) to cut out
2) to be fat
a) (Hiphil) to make yourselves fat

according as it is also seen in the above original interpretation, the word "bara'" means so: cut down, cut out, shape of new conditions and circumstances, which is also its meaning in Isaiah 45:7, because otherwise the true God would have been unrighteous if He was causer of any evil thing

James 1:13 "Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:"

Blessings

jc

there is one thing which the true God did never create, and it is the
"darkness"

So I suppose you have a scripture that states, There is one thing the True God did never create, and it is the darkness. Please provide me with book, chapter and verse, Thanks !

What is darkness but the absence of light.

What is evil but the absence of good.

And darkness was over the face of the water. God created LIGHT.

בָּרָא(bara'):

according as it is also seen in the above original interpretation, the word "bara'" means so: cut down, cut out, shape of new conditions and circumstances, which is also its meaning in Isaiah 45:7, because otherwise the true God would have been unrighteous if He was causer of any evil thing

James 1:13 "Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:"

Blessings

The problem is Jas 1:13 says he can't be tempted, nor does he tempt man.... It doesn't say he didn't create. He doesn't need to tempt anyone with evil anymore than he needs to lie. He has the devil to tempt and has sent lying spirits to decieve those that deserve to be deceived.

John 1:3 says God created all things. I know some people think evil is not a thing, and that's fine.... I don't think they're right and I think those lying spirits did a pretty good job on that one.

deb

God created LIGHT.

Ok, But where is the scripture that states God did not create evil or darkness ?

I have one that says He did Create Darkness Isa 45:7

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Ex 10:21 seems to be God's Power making darkness to serve His Purpose !

And the Lord said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand toward heaven, that there may be darkness over the land of Egypt, even darkness which may be felt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back