Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Is it Possible for a True Christian to lose their Salvation.

OK, then if your interpretation is correct, the Bible is flawed because eternal life is a gift of God, per Rom 6:23 and God's gifts are irrevocable per Rom 11:29.

Your interpretation is flawed because there is no such verse that say's eternal life is irrevocable.

18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. Revelation 22:18-19

• These will be removed from the book of life.
  • These will hart no part [no inheritance] in the Holy City of God, where He dwells with His people.

No amount of words games, or twisting, or redefining will change what is meant.

JLB

Last edited:
I said this:
"All sin has been judged on the cross of Christ. Already."

Gladly.

Rom 6:10 - The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.

Heb 9:12 - He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, having obtained eternal redemption.

Heb 9:26 - Then Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But now he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Heb 10:2 - If it could, would they not have stopped being offered? For the worshipers would have been cleansed once for all, and would no longer have felt guilty for their sins. {the context here is regarding the Mosaic Law sacrifices, that had to be performed every year, unlike the ONCE FOR ALL sacrifice of Christ.

Heb 10:12 - But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God.

Thank you for writing out those verse's.

Praise God forever, for these precious words and promises from Him.

However, none of these verse's say: All sin has been judged on the cross of Christ.

People are Judged on the Day of Judgement.

He will render judgement to each one according to their deeds:

5 But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, 6 who “will render to each one according to his deeds”:
7 eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality;
8 but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath, Romans 2:5-8

These Christians will receive eternal life: those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality;

JLB

If we hold to our Savior as not a Savior, but a possible eternal condemner, then He Is Not our Savior. He is a possible Savior and an equally possible Eternal condemner, which by either measure is NOT a Savior by His Surety in NEITHER of the prior postures.
Do we not condemn ourselves if we don't take that first step to open the door for our Savior?

"Therefore be zealous and repent. Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne."
Revelation 3:19-21 NKJV
I have a question. Does God owe salvation to those who believe? My understanding is that even if I do all the works which I am called and commanded to do, including believing, it is still by God's grace that I am saved. If I expect salvation from God because I believe He owes it to me even just because I believe, I am holding His feet to the fire. It seems that in the end it is still God's choice and it is not our place to decide for God whom he will save.

Seek the Lord while He may be found,
Call upon Him while He is near.
Let the wicked forsake his way,
And the unrighteous man his thoughts;
Let him return to the Lord,
And He will have mercy on him;
And to our God,
For He will abundantly pardon.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.
“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.

“I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before you. I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter?” says the Lord. “Look, as the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel! The instant I speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, to pull down, and to destroy it, if that nation against whom I have spoken turns from its evil, I will relent of the disaster that I thought to bring upon it. And the instant I speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it, if it does evil in My sight so that it does not obey My voice, then I will relent concerning the good with which I said I would benefit it."

How many times did God relent His plan for Sodom and Gomorrah as Abraham pleaded? If we are going to hold His feet to the fire with regard to salvation, is it not only fitting that the opposite be true?

Sorry, failed to note the source of the Scripture I posted is the NKJV in my previous post.

The problem with his view is that to "not inherit the kingdom" isn't about not getting into the kingdom, but not having an inheritance in the kingdom, which is EXACTLY how Paul described it in that passage.
Freegrace,
Not having an inheritance in the Kingdom
and not getting into the Kingdom
is exactly the same thing.
Not inheriting the Kingdom means you're not getting in.
If you don't inherit your Uncle's fortune, it means you're not getting any of it. You're left out. You're DISinherited.

I have a problem with OSAS believers because they tend to distort the English language.

I had asked you a few questions a few days ago but was busy with a visitor.
Let me answer you now.

These are the questions I had asked you:
What IS the Kingdom of God?
Does Kingdom of God and Kingdom of Heaven mean the same thing?
What does "will not inherit the kingdom of God mean?

Your answers are on post no. 404.
We agree on the meaning of the first two. There is more to be said about the Kingdom, let me just say this:

The Kingdom of God and the Kingdom of Heaven was indeed used interchangeably by Jesus.
The Kingdom of God can be found within us.
Luke 17:21
We have but to find it.

How do we find it? Jesus said in John 3:3 that one must be born again to SEE the Kingdom of God.
This means that the Kingdom is HERE. But most people cannot see it. If we believe in God and have His spirit within us and trust in the Holy Spirit, then we will indeed be able to SEE the Kingdom of God.

In John 3:5 Jesus tells us that unless one is born again, he cannot ENTER into the Kingdom of God.
In John 3:15 He says that whoever believes in Him (the Son) may have eternal life.

So here we see the progression of the Kingdom.
It starts here on earth when we become born again.
We are born again when we believe in God, believe in Jesus and believe in the Holy Spirit to dwell within us.
We now SEE the Kingdom of God.

Then we proceed to the Kingdom of Heaven.
What was started here on earth by belonging to the Kingdom of God, is continued in heaven in the Kingdom of Heaven. Jesus saw this as one entire and complete idea because He knew about eternity and we have a problem with this.

In eternity, we will have what we've started here on earth.

The inheritance part is also very interesting.
We call it the New Testament.
Or the New Covenant.
And what is a testament?
It's something that tells what someone is leaving you.
What is Jesus leaving us?
Eternal life. Forgiveness. Knowledge of the Father and of a better life started here on earth.
WHEN does He leave it to us? When a testament becomes valid. Upon the death of the person who left the testament, or legal will.

After Jesus died, we who believe have become inheritors of the New Testament.
Inherit means to HAVE. To GAIN. It means that we inherit what Jesus left us. What was that?
HEAVEN.

So it boils down to this:
If we believe in Jesus to save us and follow what He said to do to be saved, we will INHERIT heaven - we will GO TO HEAVEN since we h ave inherited it by our belief.

When we STOP believing in Jesus, we lose our inheritence because we no longer are part of the NEW TESTAMENT. The legal Will God provided for us is no longer valid for us. We are no longer partakers of the legal Will. We are OUT of the inheritance.

This is exactly what Ephesians 5:1-5 is saying.
Ephsians 5:1
Do what God does. Learn from Him like children learn from their parents.
Basically what God does is to love us.

Ephesians 5:2
Love like Jesus loved us. Not to get something from us but to give everything of Himself.

Ephesians 5:3
Don't begin a downhill slide into sexual promiscuity, filthy practices or bullhying.

Ephesians 5:4
There should be no gossip, or silly talk, or dirty talk. Give thanks to God instead.

Ephesians 5:5
We can know with certainty that no immoral or impure person, or someone who does things just for what they can get and are covetous, will get NOWHERE near the Kingdom of Christ, the Kingdom of heaven. He will not have an INHERITANCE in the Kingdom.

The Kingdom that was begun here on earth.

Freegrace,
There's no getting around what this means.
There's no getting around that Paul was speaking to CHRISTIANS.
Do you suppose he's telling unbelievers to be imitators of Christ?? Ephesians 5:1

We have a savior in Christ.
I hear OSAS believers say that they do not WANT to sin (even though we all do).
We know that God will forgive all sin.

So, WHY would anyone want to twist the words of Jesus and the words of Paul UNLESS it was to be able to sin with no guilt?

WHY do you feel it is so wrong to lose salvation when Jesus plainly said we could?
Mathew 5:13
If the salt becomes tasteless it is GOOD FOR NOTHING anymore, except to be thrown out and trampled upon.
WE are the salt of the earth. Jesus was talking about US.

Mathew 5:18
Not the smallest stroke of the Law shall pass away.
Does that sound like Jesus is saying NOT to follow the Law?
Why would He tell us this if all we had to do was to believe in Him one time and all would be OK??

Jesus is our life.
He said if we stay on the narrow road we will have LIFE.
If we go by the wide gate, it will lead to DESTRUCTION.

This speaks to how we ACT AND BEHAVE.
If you're willing to act and behave as Jesus wants, why would the OSAS even be necessary?

Wondering

Do we not condemn ourselves if we don't take that first step to open the door for our Savior?

The Spirit of/and the Word "quickens." Our entrance into faith in Christ is not "man made."

John 6:63
It is the spirit that quickeneth
; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
"Therefore be zealous and repent. Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne."
Revelation 3:19-21 NKJV

Sorry, failed to note the source of the Scripture I posted is the NKJV in my previous post.

Who is the "overcomer?"

1 John 4:4
Ye
are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

The only failure in the equation is the dead man, thinking he still has to earn his way past the pearly gates.

Colossians 3:3
For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

It is the Spirit of Christ that is "sown" in us. It Him in us that is raised on the other side, as a part or portion of His Own Perfect Body. Even NOW we have that. We really don't have a clue what that is, currently.

Romans 12:5
So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

ARE, present tense. Do we cut off our own body parts via eternal condemnation for sin when ALL are in a dead because of sin body? Never. We are all technically in a dead (because of sin) body already. That conclusion isn't changing for anyone. Romans 8:10. It is a Spiritual Body that is raised from the ashes and the dust. Believers waste their time eternally condemning dead men.

The only insight we are provided to handle body parts that get unruly with sin is to turn them over for the destruction of the flesh, for what cause?

1 Corinthians 5:5
To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Do we see eternal condemnation there, to such parts of His Body? Only the destruction of their flesh. The intention remains unto SALVATION.

What is the commandment for 'any' taken in a fault?

Galatians 6:1
Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

There is no command in the N.T. to run around sentencing people in the body of Christ to eternal hell. Such a dictate can not even be found, NOR is there a single named example of this kind of perp walking to hell for any believer. It doesn't even exist.

Faith is difficult enough to come into without the hell mongers. We are to build, not destroy one another. Did Paul run to the Galatians to condemn them to eternal hell for falling into "legalism?" No:

Gal. 4:
4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

Do we run to heirs, to sons of God in Christ, to His Own planted Seed, His Own Part placed therein, with eternal hell's FLAME's blowing upon THEM!?

Never. Never are we "shown" this practice in the N.T.

Gal. 4:
19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

Are those with an impenitent heart former Christians on your view of this passage?

They are Christians to whom Paul is writing.

He is warning them of God's Judgement of wrath upon those who practice sin, so they would repent.

Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things. 2 But we know that the judgment of God is according to truth against those who practice such things. 3 And do you think this, O man, you who judge those practicing such things, and doing the same, that you will escape the judgment of God? 4 Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance? 5 But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, 6 who “will render to each one according to his deeds”:7 eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality; 8 but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath, 9 tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek; 10 but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 11 For there is no partiality with God. Romans 2:1-10

He is warning them of God's Judgement of wrath upon those who practice sin, so they would repent.

Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things. 2 But we know that the judgment of God is according to truth against those who practice such things. 3 And do you think this, O man, you who judge those practicing such things, and doing the same, that you will escape the judgment of God? 4 Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance? 5 But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, 6 who “will render to each one according to his deeds”:7 eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality; 8 but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath, 9 tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek; 10 but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 11 For there is no partiality with God. Romans 2:1-10
Hey, JLB, still looking for your salvation?
Some people on the street corner selling it I think.

There is no command in the N.T. to run around sentencing people in the body of Christ to eternal hell.

Of course not.

Who has done this?

Or is this just another make believe scenario like the "sinless" claim you keep ranting about.

Warning people who have wandered from the truth is the way of love.

19 Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, 20 let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins. James 5:19-21

Warning people of false doctrine such as Gnosticism is also the the way of love.

Those who teach heresy will not inherit the kingdom of God, since that is listed as the works of the flesh.

I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21

JLB

I have a problem with OSAS believers because they tend to distort the English language.

:agreed

They have to, because OSAS is unbiblical.

We even have people from that camp, claiming that departing from the faith, means departing from faith in what God created [food, marriage...], and not the faith, which being in Christ.

Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, 1 Timothy 4:1

Very sad to think there are people out there teaching things like this to children and young Christians who are truly searching for the truth.

JLB

:agreed

They have to, because OSAS is unbiblical.

We even have people from that camp, claiming that departing from the faith, means departing from faith in what God created [food, marriage...], and not the faith, which being in Christ.

Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, 1 Timothy 4:1

Very sad to think there are people out there teaching things like this to children and young Christians who are truly searching for the truth.

JLB
Oh really?
Are you saying I'm demon possessed?
Maybe I think you are.
What you got to say to that?

John 6:39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.

I'm sure that others have stated that........true Christians will cherish their salvation. We will take warnings that we could be cut off, and not be stupid with what we've been given.

So, No.......a true Christian will not lose their salvation.

John 6:39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.

I'm sure that others have stated that........true Christians will cherish their salvation. We will take warnings that we could be cut off, and not be stupid with what we've been given.

So, No.......a true Christian will not lose their salvation.
Amen

Umm, Christians have repented.

The verse literally says those storing up wrath have unrepentant (not repentant) hearts.

Romans 2:5 (LEB) But because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart, you are storing up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and of the revelation of the righteous judgment of God,

Paul wrote about non-Christians in his letters to Christians. But I thought you might think them Christians contrary to the evidence. Thanks for your answer though.

I have a question. Does God owe salvation to those who believe?
No, or the gift of salvation would not be by grace through faith. But since it is by grace through faith, there is no debt owed. In fact, Paul addressed this in Rom 4:4,5 - 4 Now when a man works, his wages are not credited to him as a gift, but as an obligation. 5 However, to the man who does not work but trusts God who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness.

If it can be said that God "owes" anything, it is only to His own integrity. Therefore, what He promises, He is obligated to fulfill. So, in a sense, He owes Himself when He makes a promise. But believing in Christ does not create a debt owed.

My understanding is that even if I do all the works which I am called and commanded to do, including believing, it is still by God's grace that I am saved.
Correct.

If I expect salvation from God because I believe He owes it to me even just because I believe, I am holding His feet to the fire.
I think that would be the wrong attitude. We should expect salvation if we have believed in His Son because He promises salvation for those who believe in His Son.

It seems that in the end it is still God's choice and it is not our place to decide for God whom he will save.
Yes, it is God who chooses who He will save. And Scripture says this about that:
For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.

This is God's choice: to save those who believe.

How many times did God relent His plan for Sodom and Gomorrah as Abraham pleaded? If we are going to hold His feet to the fire with regard to salvation, is it not only fitting that the opposite be true?
Not following what the opposite would be. Please clarify.

There are people (You JLB ) misrepresenting what I have said. Over and over.

Your interpretation is flawed because there is no such verse that say's eternal life is irrevocable.
It is your opinion that is flawed, because the very SAME AUTHOR who wrote Rom 6:23 also wrote Rom 11:29, where in BOTH verses he mentions the gifts of God. And since both verses are in the very SAME LETTER, the context demands that he very obviously included the gift of eternal life as being one of the gifts of God that are irrevocable

And since there are NO VERSES that say any gifts of God are revocable, there is zero reason to assume such.

18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. Revelation 22:18-19

• These will be removed from the book of life.
  • These will hart no part [no inheritance] in the Holy City of God, where He dwells with His people.

No amount of words games, or twisting, or redefining will change what is meant.
Your understanding is in direct conflict with Rom 6:23 and 11:29.

Of course not.

Who has done this?

Your positional claim assuredly does this. How? "Unbelief" is a sin. John 16:9. Your claim is that a believer, subsequently in a SIN of unbelief, will stand to (possible) eternal hell.

Are we going to claim there is a diversity with sin and it's judgments and condemnations? You said yourself many times now, NO believer is sinless and you are not making the claims of sinlessness for believers.

Or is this just another make believe scenario like the "sinless" claim you keep ranting about.

I'd hope we've gotten that pettiness down to the hard line fact that no believer is ever sinless. Romans 3:9, Romans 7:17-21 and others hammer this point home rather succinctly.
Warning people who have wandered from the truth is the way of love.

Warning them from what? Some unattainable non-achievable dictate to make themselves sinless? And dangling them over eternal hell for their failure to achieve the impossible?

Those who teach heresy will not inherit the kingdom of God, since that is listed as the works of the flesh.

I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21

The "works" of the flesh have been openly demonstrated by Jesus, here, as "evil thoughts" which DEFILE us.

Matt. 15:19-20, Mark 7:21-23, Mark 5:28

And by Paul in the identical way, here, Romans 7:7-13. Which led Paul to the exact conclusion that "evil" was present with him, Romans 7:21.

Is our evil present somehow better than another's? Everyone comes before God with evil present with them. Heb. 10:22. Do you think Paul pointed to his VILE body without a DIVINE PURPOSE in pointing out the obvious? Phil. 3:21.

No one is "getting off the hook" for this internal reality of evil, seen on the outside, or not.

It is however the same mistake that the pharisees made, in their complete and utter failure to perceive that their own evil thoughts defiled them, just like everyone else.

Matthew 23:25
Woe unto you
, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.

Matthew 23:27
Woe unto you
, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

Matthew 23:28

Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

Mark 7:23
All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

Paul himself did not exempt and exonerate "his own flesh" from the GUILTY of sin and evil present verdict OF TRUTH. He rather marched his own sorry hide to the front of the line of SINNERS.

1 Timothy 1:15
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

I don't see too many believers rushing in to take his place either. Most people are too scared and full of fear, to be honest before our Maker.

And heaven forbid the present tense "chief of sinners" would ever be allowed to speak from a pulpit, The Words of God. No, that would never do. Today such claimants would be branded as heretics and ran out of town. Nobody really cares for that much TRUTH.

We are "sinners" saved through faith in Christ by His Grace and Mercy. That's pretty much the bottom line.

Thank you for writing out those verse's.

Praise God forever, for these precious words and promises from Him.

However, none of these verse's say: All sin has been judged on the cross of Christ.
Either the phrase "once for all" was missed all the times it occurred, or you just don't believe what the words mean. That is a problem for you.

People are Judged on the Day of Judgement.
Not for salvation, but for reward/loss of reward for believers and for just how "tolerable" or not their existence in the lake of fire will be. All of which is based on their deeds/works.

He will render judgement to each one according to their deeds:
Exactly!

5 But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, 6 who “will render to each one according to his deeds”:
7 eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality;
8 but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath, Romans 2:5-8
There is zero reason to think this passage is attainable by any human being, because those who didn't stop at v.8, but read at least through ch 3 know the condition of man:
3:9 - all are under sin, both Jew and Gentile
3:10 - there is none righteous, no, not one
3:23 - for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Therefore, no one can fulfill Rom 2:6-8.

These Christians will receive eternal life: those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality;JLB
This statement is in DIRECT conflict with Scripture, which says this about how to receive eternal life:
John 3:15-16
15 so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life. 16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

John 3:36
36 "He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

John 5:24
24 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

John 6:40
40 "For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day."

John 6:47 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes has eternal life.

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord

1 Tim 1:16 Yet for this reason I found mercy, so that in me as the foremost, Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience as an example for those who would believe in Him for eternal life.

Gal 3:22 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

1 John 5:13
These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.

Eternal life is given on the basis of believing in Jesus Christ, NOT by "continuance in doing good".

That is nothing more than a works based system of salvation, which is totally unbiblical.

Paul taught that we are saved by grace through faith, NOT OF WORKS. Eph 2:8,9

Freegrace,
Not having an inheritance in the Kingdom
and not getting into the Kingdom
is exactly the same thing.
Nope. Not at all. Anyone can see that one can be in a home even though they don't own it.

Not inheriting the Kingdom means you're not getting in.
Providing opinions without a stitch of support from Scripture gets one no where.

If you don't inherit your Uncle's fortune, it means you're not getting any of it. You're left out. You're DISinherited.
We ain't talking about no uncle's fortune. The Bible speaks of 2 inheritances in Rom 8:17. The first type of inheritance is based solely on being a child of God. That inheritance GETS the believer IN.

The second kind of inheritance is based on suffering with Christ, and it the kind of inheritance being referred to in 1 Cor 6, Gal 5 and Eph 5 that can be lost.

How about providing some actual examples of your flamethrowing claim? Anyone can make any kind of wild claim they want. It takes evidence to back up your claims.

I have a problem with believers who are provided clear Scripture about eternal security and refuse to believe it.

Ephesians 5:5
We can know with certainty that no immoral or impure person, or someone who does things just for what they can get and are covetous, will get NOWHERE near the Kingdom of Christ, the Kingdom of heaven. He will not have an INHERITANCE in the Kingdom.

The Kingdom that was begun here on earth.

Freegrace,
There's no getting around what this means.
There's no getting around that Paul was speaking to CHRISTIANS.
Yes, he sure was. Absolutely. And since he taught that the gifts and calling of God are irrevocable in the SAME letter where he taught that eternal life is a gift of God, it is clear that eternal life is irrevocable. Yet believers refuse to believe that.

Do you suppose he's telling unbelievers to be imitators of Christ?? Ephesians 5:1
That would have been quite stupid of him, no?

We have a savior in Christ.
And our Savior taught that those He gives eternal life will never perish. But those who believe in loss of salvation don't believe what He says. They claim those who have eternal life can end up in the lake of fire, or second death, which is impossible because eternal life is irrevocable and eternal life cannot die.

I hear OSAS believers say that they do not WANT to sin (even though we all do).
We know that God will forgive all sin.
And that is a problem?

So, WHY would anyone want to twist the words of Jesus and the words of Paul UNLESS it was to be able to sin with no guilt?
Huh? I not only don't see any point here, but where you're going with it. What are you getting at?

WHY do you feel it is so wrong to lose salvation when Jesus plainly said we could?
The premise of your statement is terribly flawed. Jesus said NO SUCH THING,

In fact, in John 10:28 He said that those He gives eternal life will never perish.

Mathew 5:13
If the salt becomes tasteless it is GOOD FOR NOTHING anymore, except to be thrown out and trampled upon.
WE are the salt of the earth. Jesus was talking about US.
And there is NOTHING here about loss of salvation. It seems all the verses used by the insecurity crowd are ASSUMED to teach loss of salvation, when NONE of them make such a statement. Matt 5:13 is about being useless for God if we lose our saltiness.

Mathew 5:18
Not the smallest stroke of the Law shall pass away.
Does that sound like Jesus is saying NOT to follow the Law?
Why would He tell us this if all we had to do was to believe in Him one time and all would be OK??
It sure doesn't sound like He was teaching loss of salvation.

Jesus is our life.
He said if we stay on the narrow road we will have LIFE.
If we go by the wide gate, it will lead to DESTRUCTION.
It seems your theology is a works based system of salvation. Correct me if I'm wrong, but your statements sure lean that way.

This speaks to how we ACT AND BEHAVE.
Of course all who believe are expected (commanded, actually) to act and behave properly. Why wouldn't they be expected to? But NOT for salvation.

If you're willing to act and behave as Jesus wants, why would the OSAS even be necessary?
I don't understand the question. I never said OSAS is "necessary". It's simply God's promise to all who have believed. Period.

Why would anyone think that I think OSAS is "necessary"? And necessary for what, exactly?

Last edited:
Back