Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Is it Wrong to Think About Hell All the Time?

Thank you. You can see for yourself that the Bible does not say "People send themselves to hell because they made a choice to not believe in Jesus Christ."
That is exactly what it says.You have read those words of the Bible and you can interpret them anyway you want.That is our choice.But you are responsible for what you do with the Word of God after you have read them.

That is exactly what it says.You have read those words of the Bible and you can interpret them anyway you want.That is our choice.But you are responsible for what you do with the Word of God after you have read them.
I'm sorry Kathi, but none of those verses say "People send themselves to hell because they made a choice to not believe in Jesus Christ."
I'm confident that if you look again you will see that they simply do not say that.

No, I do not think the wicked are conscious after death until they are resurrected.

The Old Testament is especially clear in teaching that the dead know nothing, and that being in Hades means the end of all activity. Literally the only text that could be conveyed as the wicked being conscious prior to the second resurrection is the passage about Lazarus and the Rich man, which of course contradicts all other teachings on the matter previously presented in Scripture. It is far better understood as a Parable told in allegory.

Are you saying Gods word contradicts itself?

tob

Time will tell.
I agree. Time will tell. But in the meantime, I believe that we can trust the Bible to mean what it says, and reject claims that do not agree with what it says.

Walter and Debbie said:
And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve ...
I agree. We choose who we serve, either the God of the Bible, or the gods of tradition.

Are you saying Gods word contradicts itself?

tob

No! I'am not saying that the Bible contradicts itself, but I'm saying that there is prof enough, that most people are just raised up in a matter/issues etc. They can't give up the way that seems wright to them, but is it the wright way, GOD will be our JUDGE. Just like I was a sinner undone, but now I can say Thank you Jesus, that I myself can say that everything is more reachable as A NEW Creature in Christ.
https://www.google.com/search?clien...nel=t26&q=A NEW Creature in Christ&gws_rd=ssl

Last edited:
I am saying that people interpret God's Word in such a way to make it contradictory, I don't think Jesus in anyway meant to create contradictory theology.
The only way to interpret God's true word is literally.He did not mean for people to go off on their own theology and get confused.

The only way to interpret God's true word is literally.He did not mean for people to go off on their own theology and get confused.
Parables and allegories don't do too well when interpreted literally. Like Lazarus was literally lifted up physically by angels into heaven, and that the Rich Man was buried, but still had a body.

Because the resurrection hasn't happened yet. Do you know what an allegory is?
Yes,I do.The Bible has allegory to explain spiritual truths or to foreshadow later events.An example of this is Scripture is the Parable of the Sower.The character and events represent a true story about the Kingdom of God and the Christian life.They are the truth not a fairy tale.

Last edited:
Back