Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Is it Wrong to Think About Hell All the Time?

I guess if they died in the flood they went to sheol in unbelievers side.
uhm, so jesus went into the lowest level the abadon? where the fire is? that isn't possible.

thou shall not suffer THY HOLY ONE to suffer corruption in SHEOL.

uhm, so jesus went into the lowest level the abadon? where the fire is? that isn't possible.

thou shall not suffer THY HOLY ONE to suffer corruption in SHEOL.
He did not go to hell.Hell isn't opened yet.He went to sheol.According to Lazarus there must have been fire there because of what he said.

I guess if they died in the flood they went to sheol the unbelievers side.Would you please show me the Scripture that says the people who died in the flood went to purgatory?
sheol is a purgatory if it not then I have answered that. sheol prior to the cross must be a purgatory for some. why? because one peter 3 implies it. after its not. sheol was emptied of the righteous at the cross or just after his resurrection. not sure. it also depends if one sees that gan eden is where Abraham is as that also is taught fro the tzaddik.

He did not go to hell.Hell isn't opened yet.He went to sheol.According to Lazarus there must have been fire there because of what he said.
For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. that is the kjv

the ylt says this
For Thou dost not leave my soul to Sheol, Nor givest thy saintly one to see corruption

so those were in sheol. at that part of what ever level was for them. not hell. david in context wouldn't say hell but sheol as that is all he knew

sheol is a purgatory if it not then I have answered that. sheol prior to the cross must be a purgatory for some. why? because one peter 3 implies it. after its not. sheol was emptied of the righteous at the cross or just after his resurrection. not sure. it also depends if one sees that gan eden is where Abraham is as that also is taught fro the tzaddik.
There is no such thing as purgatory.Never has been.It is a Catholic belief that is not biblical. You said 1 Peter 3? what verses?

im going to when I have the time after the video im watching and listening to ponder this in depth. there is some stuff by barnes on that. I want to be sure that it is right what I say. I don't believe that we have a purgatory NOW,just then it was taught that as such.

There is no such thing as purgatory.Never has been.It is a Catholic belief that is not biblical. You said 1 Peter 3? what verses?
you quoted that. why would he preach to those that died in the flood? satan doesn't get preached to, they would have known then at death their fates.

one peter 3:18-20 which states he went into the spirit to preach the spirits in prison whom were sometimes disobedient at the time of the flood when the arc was building.

The past couple years, I am obsessed with it. Hell. What it's like. Who's going there. Is it because I'm going there some day? How much do you think about it?

It is not wrong to think about hell; but you should really ask yourself why you think about it all the time? Obsessing over anything other than the knowledge of Jesus Christ is a waste of time and serves nothing but your own vanity.

Where your treasure lies there will your heart be also?

:wall

Sorry, its the closest thing I could find that said: Behold, I stand at the door and knock!

It is not wrong to think about hell; but you should really ask yourself why you think about it all the time? Obsessing over anything other than the knowledge of Jesus Christ is a waste of time and serves nothing but your own vanity.

Where your treasure lies there will your heart be also?

:wall

Sorry, its the closest thing I could find that said: Behold, I stand at the door and knock!
Sounds good to me.I am getting confused so I will leave this thread

God does not send people to hell.People send themselves to hell because they made a choice to not believe in Jesus Christ.
Okay, you know the drill. Show me where the Bible says "People send themselves to hell because they made a choice to not believe in Jesus Christ."

Thank you for providing a quick example of my point.

John the Baptist was a doom and gloom preacher.. he told it the way it was..

Luke 3:7 Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

Jesus said this about John..

Matthew 11:11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

tob

Okay, you know the drill. Show me where the Bible says "People send themselves to hell because they made a choice to not believe in Jesus Christ."

Thank you for providing a quick example of my point.
John 3:3 3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

Matthew 25:46 46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

2 Thessalonians 1:8-9 in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power

John 3:3 3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

Matthew 25:46 46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

2 Thessalonians 1:8-9 in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power
Thank you. You can see for yourself that the Bible does not say "People send themselves to hell because they made a choice to not believe in Jesus Christ."

John the Baptist was a doom and gloom preacher.. he told it the way it was..

Luke 3:7 Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

Jesus said this about John..

Matthew 11:11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

tob
John the baptist said that the unrepentant would be burned up like chaff. That is the opposite of never being burnt up, but tormented forever by the flames.
Matthew 3:12
This agrees with what Jesus taught in Matthew 7:14 and Matthew 10:28. (Also with every other place Jesus and the apostles talked about the destruction of the unrepentant)

Back