Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

IS MAN FREE TO CHOOSE?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Status
Not open for further replies.
so ok asks Paul whk said this and pPaul wrote to the church and those books are written to the jews not to the lost ,first audience is the command given to .
Romans 3:10 to
It matters not to whom the books were written...
They say TO SEEK GOD. Why would the bible teach us to seek God if it ends up being HE that chooses us??
It's not logical. We are taught to seek God because we are ABLE to say YES to Him. Of our own will.

That means anyone and everyone.
We are to seek God and He will be found.

God desires to save everyone.
He reveals Himself...it's up to us to say YES.
What does John 3:16 mean anyway if not the above?

Jesus wanted to and they rejected him .

you assume because you think otherwuse

everyone knows what free means .

i want ,according to you be holy ,i can because i don't need God .he duesnt even have to act ,i will find him .he wants to be foubd
Did GOD make the Jews reject Jesus?
or did they reject Him of their own free will?

Did GOD make the Jews reject Jesus?
or did they reject Him of their own free will?
God allows them ,you seem to think that if God cared he won't even interrupted your meal ,see the idea of irrestivble grace where by God lets you resist and then breaks your will.

you view implies God doesn't care and simply didn't set up sin consequences ,doesn't chastise .I'm not a parent and I had parebts ,i disobeyed they took things away ,spanked me and did so to break my will to disobey .

you have no problem with that,but God forbid you actually have a God who won't give you up and chastise you and let you fail and be in jsil and offer his chances to change in his timing .

do you pray God saves souls ,do you think he justs waits and hopes people repent or shakes up their lives ,lets them loose jobs,suffer ,break their spirit .he ddoes indeed .

God allows them ,you seem to think that if God cared he won't even interrupted your meal ,see the idea of irrestivble grace where by God lets you resist and then breaks your will.

you view implies God doesn't care and simply didn't set up sin consequences ,doesn't chastise .I'm not a parent and I had parebts ,i disobeyed they took things away ,spanked me and did so to break my will to disobey .

you have no problem with that,but God forbid you actually have a God who won't give you up and chastise you and let you fail and be in jsil and offer his chances to change in his timing .

do you pray God saves souls ,do you think he justs waits and hopes people repent or shakes up their lives ,lets them loose jobs,suffer ,break their spirit .he ddoes indeed .
God ALLOWED the Jews to reject Jesus?
Everyone of us here agrees to that.

The reformed does not believe this.
They believe God predestined everything...everything.
Even who will be lost and who will be saved.
Are you on the fence Jason?

And please stop telling me what I think and believe and just tell what YOU believe and think.

The reformed believe God predestined all:

Here is what the reformed believe: I cannot quote scripture because scripture DOES NOT teach this...

By predestination we mean the eternal decree of God, by which he determined with himself whatever he wished to happen with regard to every man. All are not created on equal terms, but some are preordained to eternal life, others to eternal damnation; and, accordingly, as each has been created for one or other of these ends, we say that he has been predestinated to life or to death. This God has testified, not only in the case of single individuals; he has also given a specimen of it in the whole posterity of Abraham

The Institutes Book 3 Chapter 21 Paragraph 5

Please stop saying God allows
and start saying God predestines...
or stop supporting calvinism and start supporting free will.

It matters not to whom the books were written...
They say TO SEEK GOD. Why would the bible teach us to seek God if it ends up being HE that chooses us??
It's not logical. We are taught to seek God because we are ABLE to say YES to Him. Of our own will.

That means anyone and everyone.
We are to seek God and He will be found.

God desires to save everyone.
He reveals Himself...it's up to us to say YES.
What does John 3:16 mean anyway if not the above?
if you can't understand the view of no one seeks good and are all guilty per paul.

I make it clear once again ,I'm a
neither .

I don't buy Romans 9,as they do .
I do see God offering them all but you can't ignore that he already knows who won't and has planned for them.

I can't see a difference in how God simply created edom,yes if God choose Jacob and made isteal,and allowed. but blessed esau enough to have his nation that isn't nearly the same .he via Jacob stated what edom would become.he,God ,didn't make Edom act sinfully ,he foresaw and used it .king herod a son of Edom ,prophecy fulfilled and also one who fulfilled the prophecy on Rachel lamenting .

Please stick to the thread topic of "Is man free to choose".

Please use scripture, and do not continue to refer to Calvinism or Arminianism.

Posts will be deleted.

Posters will be removed.

JLB

I can't post links to the wcf of 1648 ,perhaps you can and i know they updated some things
The administration said to stop commenting on Calvinism on this thread.
Perhaps someone can start a "Why I hate Calvinism" ... or "50 ways to misrepresent Calvinism" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back