Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is obeying the Lord and His Commandments required for salvation?

Is obeying the Lord required for salvation?

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I forget what forum I'm in...but this is known as OSAS....IOW,,,once we are saved,,,
we can never get unsaved NO MATTER WHAT. This must be wrong or what is the reason for salvation if we could go on living as we want to and be sinning all the time?

Jesus spoke about obedience all the time.
obedience is important in our Christian walk.. those who teach it does not matter how we live after were saved .due to osas is not Bible . i learned along time ago to ignore stupid teachings

faith is our action of believing Abraham believed GOD in our salvation Grace saves us through faith one could say faith holds the key for Grace with out its impossible to plz God
Without faith it is impossible to please God.
Right.

What do you think about God giving enough grace to everyone to be ABLE to believe?
Or does He give grace only to those that will choose to believe?

I think this is the crux of the question.

obedience is important in our Christian walk.. those who teach it does not matter how we live after were saved .due to osas is not Bible . i learned along time ago to ignore stupid teachings
Jerry,,,
I agree with you that it's a stupid teaching!!!

But would you agree that those that think that way are really lost and don't even know it?

I'm not trying to play God and decide who is saved and who isn't.....
but I think there are some that think they are saved but really aren't because one cannot be born from above AND STILL live a life of sin. This cannot be discussed on this theology forum,,,but I think it'a really important topic.

What do you think about God giving enough grace to everyone to be ABLE to believe?
Or does He give grace only to those that will choose to believe?
i can only tell you what romans 12:3 3 For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith. there are different acts of Grace. 4-16-80 i took my dads pickup truck for a ride the road had some curves in it. just as i started into that curve i put the gas pedal all the way down. the truck run off the edge of the road. i jerked it back on to the road. you cant do that with a pick up. it will roll. i wrecked and rolled the truck from one side back up and rolled it over on the other side . it threw me out i landed on my back on the pavement . the truck landed about 7 or 8 feet from me. .i was Lost the GRace of God spared me /some will say that was mercy . grace and mercy go hand in hand.. then there is saving Grace so imo the answer would be BOTH :thumbsup

Lamentations 3

This I recall to my mind,

Therefore I have hope.
22 Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not.
23 They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.

Isn't obedience an outward reflection of faith?

Yes sir.

We obey the Gospel command to repent.

The way we express this faith action is to confess Jesus as Lord.

JLB

it threw me out i landed on my back on the pavement . the truck landed about 7 or 8 feet from me. .i was Lost the GRace of God spared me /some will say that was mercy . grace and mercy go hand in hand.. then there is saving Grace so imo the answer would be BOTH :thumbsup

Amen. God is good.

Glad you weren’t killed.

Glad you are here.

We love you, bro.

JLB

Amen. God is good.

Glad you weren’t killed.

Glad you here.

We love you, bro.

JLB
i have had several wrecks that could have took me out. i went to another bar with a buddy after leaving one. i decided sleep it off. in mean time some other guys was after another guy. amy buddy stepped in put the guy in his car. i woke up with a gun barrel on my side the window GOD GRACE watches out for us in our ignorance

i can only tell you what romans 12:3 3 For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith. there are different acts of Grace. 4-16-80 i took my dads pickup truck for a ride the road had some curves in it. just as i started into that curve i put the gas pedal all the way down. the truck run off the edge of the road. i jerked it back on to the road. you cant do that with a pick up. it will roll. i wrecked and rolled the truck from one side back up and rolled it over on the other side . it threw me out i landed on my back on the pavement . the truck landed about 7 or 8 feet from me. .i was Lost the GRace of God spared me /some will say that was mercy . grace and mercy go hand in hand.. then there is saving Grace so imo the answer would be BOTH :thumbsup
Gosh Jerry. What an experience....
I'm happy you were spared...you're a nice person.

OK. I think we could agree that the answer is both.
Maybe we were nitpicking.....

OK. I think we could agree that the answer is both.
Maybe we were nitpicking.....
see the real problem is somethings we just dont know. man for years has been trying ti figure out the plan of salvation. also they keep trying to improve . i dont like when a message is preached and the preacher ask for showing hands who is lost..i do that from time to time my self. but the next step they say repeat this prayer after me. but if they say it from a true heart there saved . were good at nit picking

see the real problem is somethings we just dont know. man for years has been trying ti figure out the plan of salvation. also they keep trying to improve . i dont like when a message is preached and the preacher ask for showing hands who is lost..i do that from time to time my self. but the next step they say repeat this prayer after me. but if they say it from a true heart there saved . were good at nit picking
I think this idea of being born again has become a little twisted in meaning.
We should have a thread on this....Maybe during the week...or you could start one
but you don't know what I'm thinking!!!!
Forget that!

I think this idea of being born again has become a little twisted in meaning.
the key is born of the spirit. its a spiritual birth . if the Holy Ghost aint in it.then its a miscarriage. nothing twisted on being born again becoming a new creation in Christ. you either are or your not one plants one waters God gives the increase . the twisted part is man. some believe in universalism every one saved.... some you have to be baptized others if not in Jesus name only acts 4:12 apostolic not saved and some if you dont speak in tongues . then the last one i can think of is conformation i do know the united church of Christ practice that .

the key is born of the spirit. its a spiritual birth . if the Holy Ghost aint in it.then its a miscarriage. nothing twisted on being born again becoming a new creation in Christ. you either are or your not one plants one waters God gives the increase . the twisted part is man. some believe in universalism every one saved.... some you have to be baptized others if not in Jesus name only acts 4:12 apostolic not saved and some if you dont speak in tongues . then the last one i can think of is conformation i do know the united church of Christ practice that .
I don't know what conformation is.

I don't know what conformation is.
i read up on it.. still wonder my self i will look it up post it

Sacrament of confirmation
Confirmation
Confirmation is a sacrament, ritual or rite of passage practised by several Christian denominations. The word means strengthening or deepening one's relationship with God.

Confirmation is a popular practice in the Roman Catholic, Anglican and Orthodox Churches where infant baptism is also performed. It enables a baptised person to confirm the promises made on their behalf at baptism. It is also a sign of full membership to the Christian community.

In Christian confirmation, a baptised person believes that he or she is receiving the gift of the Holy Spirit. A bishop usually conducts the service but there are variations in how it is carried out.

In the Anglican Church, the sacrament of confirmation is conferred through the laying of hands. In the Roman Catholic Church, each participant is also anointed with oil.

In Protestant denominations outside the Church of England, confirmation is seen as a rite of passage or initiation to full Christian discipleship. It is a symbolic act allowing the baptised person to make a mature statement of faith. Confirmation is not regarded as a sacrament or a means of conferring divine grace.

Confirmation can be held at any age. In the Eastern Churches, it is conferred on infants straight after baptism. In the West, most denominations insist that participants are old enough to understand the significance of their promises.

Christians believe Jesus instituted the sacrament or rite of confirmation when he promised to send another counsellor to empower his disciples to bear witness. (John 14:16; John 15:26; John 16:13)

it shows the catholic church practices it .. i dont know

my wifes aunt did a post on face book about her g son being confirmed / i asked her about him being saved if that is what it was.. she said that was between him and God..i dont know much about it maybe someone else does

i read up on it.. still wonder my self i will look it up post it

Sacrament of confirmation
Confirmation
Confirmation is a sacrament, ritual or rite of passage practised by several Christian denominations. The word means strengthening or deepening one's relationship with God.

Confirmation is a popular practice in the Roman Catholic, Anglican and Orthodox Churches where infant baptism is also performed. It enables a baptised person to confirm the promises made on their behalf at baptism. It is also a sign of full membership to the Christian community.

In Christian confirmation, a baptised person believes that he or she is receiving the gift of the Holy Spirit. A bishop usually conducts the service but there are variations in how it is carried out.

In the Anglican Church, the sacrament of confirmation is conferred through the laying of hands. In the Roman Catholic Church, each participant is also anointed with oil.

In Protestant denominations outside the Church of England, confirmation is seen as a rite of passage or initiation to full Christian discipleship. It is a symbolic act allowing the baptised person to make a mature statement of faith. Confirmation is not regarded as a sacrament or a means of conferring divine grace.

Confirmation can be held at any age. In the Eastern Churches, it is conferred on infants straight after baptism. In the West, most denominations insist that participants are old enough to understand the significance of their promises.

Christians believe Jesus instituted the sacrament or rite of confirmation when he promised to send another counsellor to empower his disciples to bear witness. (John 14:16; John 15:26; John 16:13)

it shows the catholic church practices it .. i dont know

my wifes aunt did a post on face book about her g son being confirmed / i asked her about him being saved if that is what it was.. she said that was between him and God..i dont know much about it maybe someone else does
Jerry,,,
I know what confirmation is !

I thought you used a different word.
Sorry about that.

I know ALL ABOUT IT.

It does NOT mean the person is born again.
In the Catholic Church (which is what I know) the person making confirmation is 13 years old.
It is, as you've stated, a confirmation of their acceptance of their Christian faith and a strengthening of their baptismal promises. (made on their behalf by the God parents and parents).

For 95% of the kids, it's just a ritual they have to go through.
This is unfortunate and I don't agree with it.

I also don't agree with giving communion to those that don't understand what they're doing.

But, that's me. Priests do not agree with me.
(I'm not catholic)

Thanks for the post.

Back