Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is the Antichrist Alive Today?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Again, how did they see the angels in Sodom? Your spirit view is not making since to me . When satan tempted Christ what form was he in ?

Where in scripture does it say spirits don't have form?

Genesis 18:1 "And the Lord appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;"

The word "Mamre" in the Hebrew means "oaks", and Abraham was sitting at his tent door, among the oaks, and the Lord God appeared to him in the heat of the day.

Genesis 18:2 "And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,"

Abraham knew who he was approaching, for in the Hebrew text the three men are referred to as "Elohim" or "two angels". We will see in Genesis 19:1 where these two men are correctly identified as angels. They will be the two that came to Lot, Abraham's nephew, in Sodom. The third person is the Divine Presence of God. Abraham knew Him and tithed and sacrificed to God, and it was through God that promises, and blessings had come into his life, and would continue to come even to our generation.

How may I ask did he see them ?
I'm done with this as I have already explained all of this and do not feel the need to reiterate over and over again.

The pharisees taught that Daniel 11:21-45 was past.They taught the exact same thing you are in agreement with.We know this by the pharisee Josephus.

Christ taught that it wasn't past .Christ taught that it is yet future.So it appears you agree with the teachings of the pharisees while I agree with the teaching of Christ.

Mathew 24
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand).

16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:

18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Now Christ in this last verse is quoting the prophet Daniel in Daniel 12:1

Daniel 12:1

And at that time Michael the great prince shall stand up, that stands over the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of tribulation, such tribulation as has not been from the time that there was a nation on the earth until that time: at that time thy people shall be delivered, even every one that is written in the book.

So while the pharisees taught the abomination of desolation was placed in Jerusalem in 167 bc,Christ teaches that it is actually placed in Jerusalem on resurrection day.

Daniel 12:2
And many who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake, some to everlasting life, but others to shame and everlasting contempt.

So it comes down to who you believe .Either you believe Christ ,or you believe the pharisees.They obviously don't agree with each other.
Many things that Jesus taught in Matthew 24:5-28 was past, present and yet future as history continues to repeat itself throughout the generations since the days of Daniel.

1John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

The last time will be during the 3 1/2 years of the reign of the son of perdition being the last antichrist before Christ returns. Rev 13.

Many things that Jesus taught in Matthew 24:5-28 was past, present and yet future as history continues to repeat itself throughout the generations since the days of Daniel.

1John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

The last time will be during the 3 1/2 years of the reign of the son of perdition being the last antichrist before Christ returns. Rev 13.
No,None of Mathew 24:5-28 was past when Jesus taught about it.He spoke of all those things in the future .
And he is talking about what takes place in Israel.

No,None of Mathew 24:5-28 was past when Jesus taught about it.He spoke of all those things in the future .
And he is talking about what takes place in Israel.
Maybe I should have made myself more clear. Past as in the times of the disciples and what they saw, especially in the destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple in 70AD in what Jesus foretold about its destruction. Present in our time as we see many of these things unfolding before us, and future in that which yet has to come before Christ returns. What Jesus foretold started in the days of the disciples and every generation since then and will wax worse until Christ returns.

I'm done with this as I have already explained all of this and do not feel the need to reiterate over and over again.
Thought we were having a discussion , you explained in your words , and yet you never answered my question , I'll ask again ,how did man see the angels that you say we couldn't see ?

Back