Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is the Antichrist Alive Today?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I'm not sure Jesus referred to one individual, but even if he did, it doesn't matter, because doing anything on a grander scale is no different than a lesser scale. Except for the numbers, there is no difference.
The religious authorities Jesus was speaking to did not believe in multiple true Messiahs showing up.
There can only be one person that they will " receive " as the true Messiah.
As Jesus specified:

Jhn 5:43
..... him ye will receive.

Little wonder then that so many false Messiahs have been rejected up to now.
The standard for the true Messiah being so high in the minds of those examining the individual
Common sense would dictate then that this individual who will leave no doubt in the minds of those receiving him will remove all doubt by means of something never before witnessed on earth ?
Something on a "grander scale" of a spiritual nature.

The religious authorities Jesus was speaking to did not believe in multiple true Messiahs showing up.
There can only be one person that they will " receive " as the true Messiah.
As Jesus specified:

..... him ye will receive.

Little wonder then that so many false Messiahs have been rejected up to now.
The standard for the true Messiah being so high in the minds of those examining the individual
Common sense would dictate then that this individual who will leave no doubt in the minds of those receiving him will remove all doubt by means of something never before witnessed on earth ?
Something on a "grander scale" of a spiritual nature.
The religious leaders back then, as well as orthodox Jews since then believed Messiah would defeat Israels earthly enemies.
Simon bar Kosiba led a rebellion against Rome and was thought to be a candidate as Messiah. He was followed by many before he was killed, but the point is, Orthodox Judaism has criteria for believing an individual is the Messiah, but miracles aren't a requirement. Also, modern technology would seem miraculous to the NT writers.
As I said, our Lord is returning in a massive fire that will consume this universe. He already faced and defeated the antichrist(s) when he rose from death.
When our Savior appears in person again, it will be as God almighty, where all unbelievers, who are antichrists, will face him to be judged,

For our God is a consuming fire. Heb.12:29

The religious leaders back then, as well as orthodox Jews since then believed Messiah would defeat Israels earthly enemies.
Correct, and we are told this single person whom they will "receive" will "vaunt" a power demonstrated to be so insurmountable that the ages old bloodthirsty enemies of Israel will not even attempt to combat him:

Rev 13:4
And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

The most hotly contested piece of earth that exists today is the Temple Mount.
Because of this one person's demonstrated supernatural power not only will Israel's sworn lifelong enemies lay down their guns and give up all hostility towards the Jews, they will give up any resistance to a third Temple being constructed on the most disputed piece of property that currently exists on earth.

We know from God's Word that the power that causes all this to take place is not in the hands of any nation, but in the hands of this one individual that the nation has accepted as their Messiah.

Can you name a power that just one solitary person can possess that could cause all this to take place that would be anything short of miraculous ?

I bet not .

Can you name a power that just one solitary person can possess that could cause all this to take place that would be anything short of miraculous ?
this is what Paul wrote . i do believe by reading it will be a single person . the falling away has to take place.
we discussed this last night . i asked the question is this taking place today ? Jesus said in math 24 let no man deceive you. we deceive our selves every day . for the self righteous who say not I . yes even you that dont mean you forsaken Christ as in falling way . the Flesh is a powerful thing it has many desires much like the drug addict who craves the buzz of the drugs or the alcoholic who needs that one drink that leads up to many and them becomes intoxicated.

back to the man of sin When the Church is taken out then he will be revealed . yes there many antithrust. but there will be only one world leader . he will be impowered by satan who is a angel of light

2 Corinthians Chapter 11

14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Correct, and we are told this single person whom they will "receive" will "vaunt" a power demonstrated to be so insurmountable that the ages old bloodthirsty enemies of Israel will not even attempt to combat him:

Rev 13:4
And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

The most hotly contested piece of earth that exists today is the Temple Mount.
Because of this one person's demonstrated supernatural power not only will Israel's sworn lifelong enemies lay down their guns and give up all hostility towards the Jews, they will give up any resistance to a third Temple being constructed on the most disputed piece of property that currently exists on earth.

We know from God's Word that the power that causes all this to take place is not in the hands of any nation, but in the hands of this one individual that the nation has accepted as their Messiah.

I bet not .
The Apostles marveled at the temple. Can you imagine if they saw the technology today? NASA launched a rocket a few says ago to orbit the moon. It looked like fire coning down from heaven.
I'm not sure the temple antichrist enters is made of stone. It's possible the temple Jesus referred to is the church.
Speaking of the Temple Mount in Jerusalem, a well known "christian" radio program spoke about how "believers" need to help the Jewish people against their enemies. The "help" consisted of political maneuvering, military assistence, etc. Not once was the gospel our Lord taught mentioned.
The man of sin is revealed by the falling away from the faith. People are waiting for that event. it seems to me we're sitting in the middle of it.

The Apostles marveled at the temple. Can you imagine if they saw the technology today? NASA launched a rocket a few says ago to orbit the moon. It looked like fire coning down from heaven.
I'm not sure the temple antichrist enters is made of stone. It's possible the temple Jesus referred to is the church.
The church of Jesus Christ is not a physical location , it is the body of believers .
Believers who are not bound by any location or building made with "stone".
Jesus specifically speaks to a physical building .

This one person who will be accepted as the true Messiah at some point later than 11/20/2022 .
No one living today would, " Marvel ", at the sight of a rocket or nuclear blast even.
These are well understood & commonplace today.
Also part of the description given about this coming Messiah includes that mention that part of what makes Israel's enemies lay down the guns, is the fact that apparently there is at his first appearance an attack on him where he receives an obvious fatal wound.
But before the eyes of the world he rises from the dead.
This supernatural event has nothing to do with rockets or technology .
This is Satan being allowed to imitate the resurrection that the scripture might fulfilled .

Rev 13:12
And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

The church of Jesus Christ is not a physical location , it is the body of believers .
Yes,

If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are 1Cor.3:17
Believers who are not bound by any location or building made with "stone".
Jesus specifically speaks to a physical building .
I don't believe Jesus was speaking of a future man made structure.
I disagree.
This one person who will be accepted as the true Messiah at some point later than 11/20/2022 .
Any individual who departs from the faith is shown to be a "man of sin." Concerning the return of our Savior it says,

that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 2Thes.2:3
No one living today would, " Marvel ", at the sight of a rocket or nuclear blast even.
These are well understood & commonplace today.
People get accustomed to technological advancements, but the world does marvel at them.
Also part of the description given about this coming Messiah includes that mention that part of what makes Israel's enemies lay down the guns, is the fact that apparently there is at his first appearance an attack on him where he receives an obvious fatal wound.
But before the eyes of the world he rises from the dead.
This supernatural event has nothing to do with rockets or technology .
This is Satan being allowed to imitate the resurrection that the scripture might fulfilled .

Rev 13:12
And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
You might be right. I really don't know.
I think the beast with 7 heads John saw are represented in Dan.7:4-7 as separate enpires. In Rev.13, they seem to appear as one body. The devil is described the same way in Rev.12. Since they, along with all their followers share the same end at the same time, there really is no difference between them.

You don't believe that a 3rd temple will be built in the tribulation ?
I think believers are the temple and are going through tribulation,

ye are the temple of the living God 2Cor.6:16

In the world ye shall have tribulation Jn.16:33

Jesus said,
the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: Mt.24:29

Quoting Joel, Perer said something very similar,
The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood Act.2:20

It seems to me, Peter was quoting this prophecy as a current reality. I think the reason for this is because the Son (the sun) was spoken of as evil (turned to darkness) and his church (the moon) suffered persecution at the hands of this world (the beast.) It's a tale that has been told from the beginning,

That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth Mt.23:35

From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias Lk.11:51

Ask yourself my friend, how are the people our Lord was speaking to, responsible for the first murder committed on earth?

Getting right back to this authority figure whom Jesus said the Jews would receive ?

..... him ye will receive

These are devout Jews Jesus is prophesizing to.

Why is Jesus detailing a separate circumstance & future final conclusion for the nation Israel ?
I believe he was detailing the conclusion of the new Jerusalem.

The rapture is false doctrine, a lie. Ezekiel chapter 13, God hates the fly away doctrine. False brethren are not written in Israel book of memorial. The fake shepherds and false brethren are going into lake of fire. Misleading and lying to people has serious consequences. These blind preachers are going to find out how sweet Jesus is on day of lord, 7th trump. Second thessalonians chapter 1, vengeance on those obey not gospel of jesus christ. False brethren go into pit with satan during millennium. After millennium expires, satan and fake shepherds/brethren go into lake of fire. God means business !. This isn't a game. Accountability for false brethren is hot hell fire.

False brethren go into pit with satan during millennium.
I agree that the Rapture is a false teaching not found in scripture, but, nowhere in scripture does it say that false brethren are cast into the pit with Satan during the millennium.

Rev 20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
Rev 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
Rev 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Antichrist (capital "A") is also a false teaching as scripture teaches us that there are many antichrist and there will be a time of the last one that even now is working his deception in the world.

1John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

The rapture is false doctrine, a lie...., God hates the fly away doctrine.
on what scripture do you base God's hate for " fly away doctrine" ?

You think God hated Eijah, so He flew him away ?

2 Kings 2:1​

“And it came to pass, when the LORD would take up Elijah into heaven by a whirlwind, that Elijah went with Elisha from Gilgal.”

King James Version (KJV)

Antichrist (capital "A") is also a false teaching as scripture teaches us that there are many antichrist and there will be a time of the last one that even now is working his deception in the world.

1John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
Yes there are many who has and will come , but the last one is satan himself

Yes there are many who has and will come , but the last one is satan himself

Since Satan is a spirit without flesh and blood all he can do is work through others that have rejected truth in order to spread his lies. The last antichrist will be used by Satan being that of the son of perdition who will promise a false peace and safety causing all to bow down to him and take the mark of this beast, 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12, Rev 13.

Angels, in which Satan is also a created angel, are essentially “ministering spirits,” (Hebrews 1:14) and do not have physical bodies like humans. Jesus declared that “a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have” (Luke 24:37-39).

Back