Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is the Born Again Experience the same today, as on the Day of Pentecost?

One who believes the word and is baptized is in a state of being born again. If he remains faithful to it, he will in actuality be born again from the grave.
Impossible. Everyone who believes in Jesus has eternal life; they have passed over from death into life:

21 "For as the Father raises the dead and gives life to them, even so the Son gives life to whom He will.
22 "For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son,
23 "that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.
24 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.
25 "Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live.
26 "For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself,
27 "and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man. (Jn. 5:21-27 NKJ)

The resurrection of the body is separate and distinct from the being born from above, becoming a New Creature.

The resurrection body is organically connected to the body that died, but like a seed doesn't resemble the plant so it is with the resurrection body, the "supernatural body" believers receive which will be like Christ's resurrected body.

As for the wicked, their corruption laced flesh will be reanimated, hideous worm infested corpses that can't walk around like the "Walking Dead" tv show; they will imprison the wicked souls trapped within them, burning in unquenchable fire piled high in heaps in Gehenna, the garbage dump outside of Zion in outer darkness. There the wicked will be, weeping and gnashing their teeth for the time allotted to them, according to their works.

"Born again" is where the human soul is "energized and changed" by the Holy Spirit, then it is "born from above".

Christ gives eternal life to all who believe, not temporary life which He takes back when people stop believing. God knows who are His.

We don't. We judge by the outside. God sees the inside and knows all things. If you are born again, you can't be unborn.

Hope that truth is sharp and quick enough.

The "believers" who stop believing, fall away to evil, never were saved. They were always TARES sown among the WHEAT:

24 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: "The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field;
25 "but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way.
26 "But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared.
27 "So the servants of the owner came and said to him,`Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?'
28 "He said to them,`An enemy has done this.' The servants said to him,`Do you want us then to go and gather them up?'
29 "But he said,`No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them.
30 `Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, "First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn."'"
(Matt. 13:24-30 NKJ)

Last edited:
I have seen signs and wonders in my own life .

I believe you .
If these are a daily experience, why not shoot a video of it? Contact experts who can verify the event is "supernatural" and not a fraud.

Then do a detailed comparison with the miracles in the NT. Document the precise properties that identify them as precisely the same.

Then you have proved continualism.

And I would believe you.

"Is the Born Again Experience the same today, as on the Day of Pentecost?"

No.

Not all Christians speak in togues, yet they are as much a Christian as those who do.

No Christians to my knowledge can substantiate ' flames of fire' on their head when saved.

God in his mercy saves people, heroes not follow any man devised formula, but does it his way in his ti e, graciously using our efforts.
Speaking in tongues is a gift God doesn't give to everyone, just as everyone is not one of the twelve apostles:

29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Are all workers of miracles?
30 Do all have gifts of healings? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret?
31 But earnestly desire the best gifts. And yet I show you a more excellent way. (1 Cor. 12:29-31 NKJ)

Tongues were a sign to Jews that Jesus is the Way, not the Law of Moses. God finalized that sign when He destroyed the temple in Jerusalem, with all the genealogical records that are necessary to have a Levitical Priesthood according to the law of Moses.

Jesus was documented He had the right lineage to be the Messiah while the genealogical records still existed. Matthew 1:1ff; Luke 3:23ff.

I was just backing up your post #4.
Men can still do miraculous things, if they are "in Christ".

I agree.

OK.
Now I understand your comment and I agree. Christ said we can move mountains, and everything Christ said is 100% true.

Metaphorically, a mountain is moved every time someone repents and believes in Christ for salvation. The miracle of the New Birth then happens.

And as you said, today we can be closer to God than anyone before Christ's resurrection could:

"Assuredly, I say to you, among those born of women there has not risen one greater than John the Baptist; but he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he (Matt. 11:11 NKJ)

18 Now in the morning, as He returned to the city, He was hungry.
19 And seeing a fig tree by the road, He came to it and found nothing on it but leaves, and said to it, "Let no fruit grow on you ever again." Immediately the fig tree withered away.
20 And when the disciples saw it, they marveled, saying, "How did the fig tree wither away so soon?"
21 So Jesus answered and said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain,`Be removed and be cast into the sea,' it will be done.
22 "And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." (Matt. 21:18-22 NKJ)

While I believe "this mountain" is figurative for any huge problem that confronts us, I understand it "naturally" to mean what Christ said. He points to the withered fig tree and says those with faith can do the same.

Of course, all must be in accord with God's will or the prayer won't be answered. As moving a literal mountain will kill people, God doesn't answer that prayer literally.

Like Neo in the Matrix, things can happen for those who believe.

Didn't say God ran out of signs and wonders. And I qualified my cessationism to a specific time in the "last days", when God's two witnesses come the Holy Spirit will be poured out on all flesh, and the 144,000 will appear doing signs and wonders:
That’s not what cessationism means. To a cessationist, all signs and wonders ceased when Revelation was finished or when Jerusalem was sacked, whichever you believe happened later. After that, throughout the church age, God has no new signs and wonders, no dreams and visions, the Bible is the last word of God, nothing more - even though the standard English Bible of 66 books didn’t exist until early 1600s in the period of king James I after Elizabeth I. If there’s any supernatural phenomenon or spiritual awakening, they’ll attribute those to Satan, just like the Pharisees attributed Jesus’s miracles to Beelzebub. Some folks on this forum are behaving like that, they seem to be worshipping the Bible more than they worship God.

As I see it, the born again experience then is not the same as the experience today. Why? When the Holy Spirit was given to the Apostles I believe it had a very specific purpose. To grow the fledgling church in a powerful way.

Today, while the Holy Spirit is just as powerful now as it was then, its purpose in our lives is imo carried out in terms of what the purpose is for each saved Christian so that others (not in the Spirit) can see God's Power through us (but not identical to what happened to the Apostles).

I don't see a mandate in Scripture that our experience has to be the same now as it was then.

That’s not what cessationism means. To a cessationist, all signs and wonders ceased when Revelation was finished or when Jerusalem was sacked, whichever you believe happened later. After that, throughout the church age, God has no new signs and wonders, no dreams and visions, the Bible is the last word of God, nothing more - even though the standard English Bible of 66 books didn’t exist until early 1600s in the period of king James I after Elizabeth I. If there’s any supernatural phenomenon or spiritual awakening, they’ll attribute those to Satan, just like the Pharisees attributed Jesus’s miracles to Beelzebub. Some folks on this forum are behaving like that, they seem to be worshipping the Bible more than they worship God.
Millennialism, Tribulation, pre mid post rapture, etc all have different nuance to different folks.

I do not rule out miracles can happen, or that God might convey truth through a dream vision or voice. I can only testify in court: the "dreams, visions and voices" I heard were tempting me to do evil, including disobedience to Scripture. Clearly not from God the Holy Spirit.

I am a cessationist (until Moses and Elijah appear in Jersualem and God's Holy Spirit is poured out on all flesh).

The apostles did signs and wonders unique to them, not passed on to others.

Also, miraculous healings might still occur in response to prayer, but I don't believe Christians today can heal others as happened in the NT.

Those signs and wonders authenticated the Christian message while the Bible was being written. Once the bible was completed, no need for authentication of which word is "the word of God". If its in the Bible, its God's Word.

I see cessationism proved by Pentecostal churches.

Whatever is happening there is NOT the same as the signs and wonders in the NT. For example, in Scripture tongues were a language that has grammar and syntax. Studies have shown modern tongues do not have those properties. Hence, they are different. Bible tongues therefore did not continue to today, they ceased sometime during the 1st century.

Of course many attribute spiritual phenomena like we see among pagans and witches, and any supernatural like THAT in Christendom, to the devil. That isn't blaspheming the Holy Spirit. Its uncovering fraud.

Although Satan can duplicate some of the miracles God does (Exod. 7:9-12), he cannot duplicate anything that leads people to obey God, for then he is fighting against Himself. That is why the Pharisees were close to being charged with blasphemy of the Holy Spirit working through Jesus. Jesus revealed the meaning behind the symbols used in the Old Testament and the Pharisees could see that. Everything Christ taught about love for God and our fellow man IS TAUGHT in the OT, but the Pharisees rebelled against it. Moreover, Christ did miracles and raised the dead the devil cannot do.

If evil spirits cannot counterfeit casting out demons, prophesying and doing wonders in Christ's name, why did Christ say He didn't know these people?

22 "Many will say to Me in that day,`Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'
23 "And then I will declare to them,`I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!' (Matt. 7:22-23 NKJ)

If the Holy Spirit were doing these things through them, Christ would have known them.

When someone tells me a false prophecy, or talks a demon spirit into leaving a person and claims they are being cast out, or amazes people in Christ's name, but none of this results in true obedience to the Word of God, that's is "lawlessness" and could be the product of the "mystery of lawlessness," satanic power:

7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way.
8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.
9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders,
10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. (2 Thess. 2:7-10 NKJ)

Its odd most commentators don't connect the dots, the "mystery of lawlessness" ("secret power that inspires lawlessness") was "already at work" deceiving the Thessalonians through "spirit, word and letter" that were "not of God."

1 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you,
2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. (2 Thess. 2:1-2 NKJ)

17 And their message will spread like cancer. Hymenaeus and Philetus are of this sort,
18 who have strayed concerning the truth, saying that the resurrection is already past; and they overthrow the faith of some. (2 Tim. 2:17-18 NKJ)

However, evil spirits don't cause all the false tongues etc. that are reported. Our fallen sin nature, its capability for self-delusion, confirmation bias....could be the cause of 99% of the signs and wonders reported by Pentecostals.

As a pentecostal might say after a long-winded prophecy or interpretation, "that was carnal, of the flesh".

As for healings, mind over body can do much by itself. That's why placebos were invented, because even a sugar pill might heal you if you really believe its medicine.

Last edited:
I received more grace when I was born again, I experienced the process of regeneration...of being born again. The Holy Spirit rests upon me 24/7, like warm oil immersing the face of my inner man.

But that isn't common. Most Christians experience the same change in perception I do, where God becomes our Abba, His truth our truth, and we love God's people.

But I don't speak in tongues or prophesy. Scripture is where I get my truth. The Holy Spirit gently guides me to be diligent, to search out the text in its context and see the details many ignore.

Towards this end He has taught be there is wisdom in a multitude of counselors, comparing commentary with commentary often is very helpful with "difficult" texts. It is analogous to planning, to "see the unexpected":

Where there is no counsel, the people fall; But in the multitude of counselors there is safety. (Prov. 11:14 NKJ)

Without counsel, plans go awry, But in the multitude of counselors they are established. (Prov. 15:22 NKJ)

God has blessed the church with many insightful teachers of scripture.

But like any vessel of clay, I can make mistakes and will always repent if I believe something wrong according to the scripture.

On my site I stated this:

God the Holy Spirit fell upon me like a warm wind, filling my soul regenerating it. The washing of regeneration (Tit. 3:5) renewed my spirit (Rom. 8:16), not my flesh body or brain (Rom. 7:18). My soul, the “ghost operating the machine” became a partaker of the divine nature (2 Pet. 1:4). God breathed into my soul the “breath of lives” and the filling gave rise to a “new creature” (Gen. 2:7; 2 Cor. 5:17), risen from the dead in Christ Jesus my LORD (Rom. 6:4). Over forty years ago this happened, and never has the Spirit left or forsaken me. God is more real to me than anyone or anything existing.

So why reveal my conversion experience? As a Cessationist I can’t claim special revelation. I certainly am not a prophet. I study scripture to show myself approved (2 Tim. 2:15). I believe Scripture alone 100% true, is the sole infallible source of authority for Christian faith and practice.

Normally the regeneration experience revealed in scripture is “spiritually discerned” (1 Cor. 2:14-15; 1 John 2:29; 3:7) because it is “beyond the physical senses” in the realm of the “Holy Spirit to the human spirit”. So why did God grace “I experientially know” Scripture is speaking of actual events when it reveals the new birth? I believe God wanted me to testify, without any doubt “scripture is true”, that the regeneration by the Holy Spirit is an event that is real in everyone who calls upon the name of the LORD. It is the SAME for EVERY born again believer whether they “felt something supernatural” or not.

Being born again is the evidence someone has been baptized in the Spirit. Not tongues or prophecy or working miracles. The miracle of the New Birth is the same for every true believer in Christ.

So is that a no?

You haven’t received what the 120 received on the day of Pentecost?

Millennialism, Tribulation, pre mid post rapture, etc all have different nuance to different folks.

I do not rule out miracles can happen, or that God might convey truth through a dream vision or voice. I can only say the "dreams, visions and voices" I heard were tempting me to do evil, including disobedience to Scripture.

I am a cessationist (until Moses and Elijah appear in Jersualem and God's Holy Spirit is poured out on all flesh).

The apostles did signs and wonders unique to them, not passed on to others.

Also, miraculous healings might still occur in response to prayer, but I don't believe Christians today can heal others as happened in the NT.

Those signs and wonders authenticated the Christian message while the Bible was being written. Once the bible was completed, no need for authentication of which word is "the word of God". If its in the Bible, its God's Word.

I see cessationism proved by Pentecostal churches.

Whatever is happening there is NOT the same as the signs and wonders in the NT. For example, in Scripture tongues were a language that has grammar and syntax. Studies have shown modern tongues do not have those properties. Hence, they are different. Bible tongues therefore did not continue to today, they ceased sometime during the 1st century.

Of course many attribute spiritual phenomena like we see among pagans and witches, and any supernatural like THAT in Christendom, to the devil. That isn't blaspheming the Holy Spirit. Its uncovering fraud.

Although Satan can duplicate some of the miracles God does (Exod. 7:9-12), he cannot duplicate anything that leads people to obey God, for then he is fighting against Himself. That is why the Pharisees were close to be charged with blasphemy of the Holy Spirit working through Jesus. Jesus revealed the meaning behind the symbols used in the Old Testament and the Pharisees could see that. Everything Christ taught about love for God and our fellow man IS TAUGHT in the OT, but the Pharisees rebelled against it. Moreover, Christ did miracles and raised the dead the devil cannot do.

If evil spirits cannot counterfeit casting out demons, prophesying and doing wonders in Christ's name, why did Christ say He didn't know these people?

22 "Many will say to Me in that day,`Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'
23 "And then I will declare to them,`I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!' (Matt. 7:22-23 NKJ)

If the Holy Spirit were doing these things through them, Christ would have known them.

When someone tells me a false prophecy, or talks a demon spirit into leaving a person and claims they are being cast out, or amazes people in Christ's name, but none of this results in true obedience to the Word of God, that's is "lawlessness" and could be the product of the "mystery of lawlessness," satanic power:

7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way.
8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.
9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders,
10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. (2 Thess. 2:7-10 NKJ)

Its odd most commentators don't connect the dots, the "mystery of lawlessness" ("secret power that inspires lawlessness") was "already at work" deceiving the Thessalonians through "spirit, word and letter" that were "not of God."

1 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you,
2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. (2 Thess. 2:1-2 NKJ)

17 And their message will spread like cancer. Hymenaeus and Philetus are of this sort,
18 who have strayed concerning the truth, saying that the resurrection is already past; and they overthrow the faith of some. (2 Tim. 2:17-18 NKJ)

However, evil spirits don't cause all the false tongues etc. that are reported. Our fallen sin nature, its capability for self-delusion, confirmation bias....could be the cause of 99% of the signs and wonders reported by Pentecostals.

As a pentecostal might say after a long-winded prophecy or interpretation, "that was carnal, of the flesh".
I don't care about whether "tongues" had ceased 2000 years ago, whatever happened in Acts 2 was ancient history, I care about whether the word of God is living and active NOW in the 21st century, in this tumultuous, perilous time, and if yes, HOW. Jesus boldly declared that not a jot or tittle of God's word will pass away until it's all fulfilled, so the FULFILLMENT of God's word is most definitely still in progress. I have explained to you that the sin of cessationism is not about the cessation of God's word, but the cessation of God's word being FULFILLED. You said that God didn't run out of signs and wonders, if you mean that, then we're in agreement, there's nothing to argue.

Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. (Matt. 5:17-18)

As I see it, the born again experience then is not the same as the experience today. Why? When the Holy Spirit was given to the Apostles I believe it had a very specific purpose. To grow the fledgling church in a powerful way.

Today, while the Holy Spirit is just as powerful now as it was then, its purpose in our lives is imo carried out in terms of what the purpose is for each saved Christian so that others (not in the Spirit) can see God's Power through us (but not identical to what happened to the Apostles).

I don't see a mandate in Scripture that our experience has to be the same now as it was then.
I believe there is enough scripture in the OP to prove todays born again experience is precisely the same as on the Day of Pentecost, and everywhere else in the NT.

Rather than repeating it here, why don't you show where the exegesis failed. To prove you are right.

So is that a no?

You haven’t received what the 120 received on the day of Pentecost?
I didn't say that. Don't misquote me. I received precisely the same Holy Spirit as the 120 and 3,000 and everyone else converted in the NT.

You confuse the gifts from the Holy Spirit, with the Holy Spirit.

Not all received the gift of tongues even during the days of the apostles:

29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Are all workers of miracles?
30 Do all have gifts of healings? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret?
(1 Cor. 12:29-30 NKJ)

In fact, given Corinthians speaking in tongues were a minority, its odd anyone make tongues a requirement for being a Christian. The majority makes the rules, and Paul had to stop the majority of Corinthian believers from forbidding to speak with tongues:

Therefore, brethren, desire earnestly to prophesy, and do not forbid to speak with tongues. (1 Cor. 14:39 NKJ)

Last edited:
I don't care about whether "tongues" had ceased 2000 years ago, whatever happened in Acts 2 was ancient history, I care about whether the word of God is living and active NOW in the 21st century, in this tumultuous, perilous time, and if yes, HOW. Jesus boldly declared that not a jot or tittle of God's word will pass away until it's all fulfilled, so the FULFILLMENT of God's word is most definitely still in progress. I have explained to you that the sin of cessationism is not about the cessation of God's word, but the cessation of God's word being FULFILLED. You said that God didn't run out of signs and wonders, if you mean that, then we're in agreement, there's nothing to argue.

Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. (Matt. 5:17-18)
Can't win an argument by definition. Its elementary deduction the gifts as practiced in the NT, don't exist today. That doesn't mean God's Word isn't being fulfilled as we speak. It is, the day draws near.

Its obvious continuism can't be true because there aren't twelve apostles writing additional books to put in the bible. As that has been "discontinued", "continualism" is clearly wrong.

Elementary logical deduction is not sinful.

I didn't say that. Don't misquote me. I received precisely the same Holy Spirit as the 120 and 3,000 and everyone else converted in the NT.

You confuse the gifts from the Holy Spirit, with the Holy Spirit.

Here is what the 120 received on the day of Pentecost -

And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. Acts 2:4

It’s called being baptized with the Holy Spirit.

And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, “which,” He said, “you have heard from Me; for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.”
Acts 1:4-5

Jesus also called it the promise of the Father.

22 Then one was brought to Him who was demon-possessed, blind and mute; and He healed him, so that the blind and mute man both spoke and saw.
23 And all the multitudes were amazed and said, "Could this be the Son of David?"
24 Now when the Pharisees heard it they said, "This fellow does not cast out demons except by Beelzebub, the ruler of the demons."
25 But Jesus knew their thoughts, and said to them: "Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand.
26 "If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then will his kingdom stand?
27 "And if I cast out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they shall be your judges.
28 "But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you.
29 "Or how can one enter a strong man's house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house.
30 "He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad.
31 "Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men.
32 "Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come. (Matt. 12:22-32 NKJ)

There is an essential property missing in Satanic miracles that is always present in miracles done by the Holy Spirit. Does the miracle inspire obedience to God, His Word the Bible?

I once attended a Pentecostal church, and began to notice most people there didn't seek answers to questions in the Bible. They sought them from experiences, their own or that of others.

The more they followed their experiences, the less they followed the bible. After a while, the Bible had become irrelevant to them. That is not a work of the Holy Spirit. He is the "Spirit of Truth" and anyone who is inspired by the Holy Spirit will be inspired to obey the Scripture.

Can't win an argument by definition. Its elementary deduction the gifts as practiced in the NT, don't exist today. That doesn't mean God's Word isn't being fulfilled as we speak. It is, the day draws near.

Its obvious continuism can't be true because there aren't twelve apostles writing additional books to put in the bible. As that has been "discontinued", "continualism" is clearly wrong.

Elementary logical deduction is not sinful.
I never suggested or implied that additional books may be added to the bible. What is also obvious is that unlike the gospel books and Pauline epistles, the book of Acts doesn't end with an Amen, it's open ended with the continuation of the Great Commission, that is, the preaching of the gospel. The twelve apostles were gone, but God's people remain, and gospel lives on. Paul is not one of the twelve apostles, yet his letters are the foundational text of Christian theology. I don't know or care what you mean by "continualism", to me, the Great Commission continues, God's intercession continues, the fulfillment of prophecies continues, that's all that matters.

Then Paul dwelt two whole years in his own rented house, and received all who came to him, preaching the kingdom of God and teaching the things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ with all confidence, no one forbidding him. (Acts 28:30)

Last edited:
If these are a daily experience, why not shoot a video of it? Contact experts who can verify the event is "supernatural" and not a fraud.

Then do a detailed comparison with the miracles in the NT. Document the precise properties that identify them as precisely the same.

Then you have proved continualism.

And I would believe you.
Proof is available for those ready to receive it , the Holy Spirit can supply it .

Here is what the 120 received on the day of Pentecost -

And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. Acts 2:4

It’s called being baptized with the Holy Spirit.

And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, “which,” He said, “you have heard from Me; for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.”
Acts 1:4-5

Jesus also called it the promise of the Father.
Does it say "you will be baptized with tongues?"

No. Why? Because Bible "tongues" were a gift of the Holy Spirit. Like any gift, it might not be gifted. Some in the early church didn't speak in tongues. In fact, lots of them didn't.

By the way, I really do want God to gift me with Biblical Hebrew. But alas, He has not. I have to learn it the hard way....darn!

Proof is available for those ready to receive it , the Holy Spirit can supply it .
Don't ask God to do what you and your church should do. Document all the miracles with film and expert witnesses and then shout the facts from the rooftops.

Back