Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is the Born Again Experience the same today, as on the Day of Pentecost?

OK, and thanks for the study...or should I have said thanks for letting a robot do the study ?
Here is another command from the NT..."Walk in the Spirit and you won't fulfill the lusts of the flesh." (Gal 5:16)
And another..."He that saith he abideth in Him ought himself also so to walk, even as He walked." (1 John 2:6)
Genetic Fallacy. The scriptures gathered by ChatGPT are the Word of God, and each passage proved how wrong your position is.

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. (2 Tim. 3:16-17 NKJ)

Didn't matter who collected these verses----each verse screams from the roof tops Jesus is the New Lawgiver prophesied to come by Moses. He did more than fulfill the Old Covenant, He inaugurated the New Covenant with new "Laws" which He put into effect even before His death and resurrection.

36 "Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ."
37 Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, "Men and brethren, what shall we do?"
38 Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

39 "For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call."
40 And with many other words he testified and exhorted them, saying, "Be saved from this perverse generation."
41 Then those who gladly received his word were baptized; and that day about three thousand souls were added to them.
42 And they continued steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers.
43 Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles.
44 Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common,
45 and sold their possessions and goods, and divided them among all, as anyone had need.
46 So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart,
47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved. (Acts 2:36-47 NKJ)

I am a cessationist (until the Holy Spirit is poured out upon all flesh in the End Time Acts 2:17-21; Rev. 11:4 cf. Zech. 4:11-14).

I don't do signs and wonders, or cast out demons. I don't receive revelations that are "the word of God".

But I maintain my born again experience is exactly like that of the 120 disciples, and the 3,000 Jews saved on that day.

They all were "born again", changed on the inside so their perception of God and the things of God was radically different. God was now their Father, and His people "their people." Their Love for God, His Truth and His people became their central desire. In a word, they were born again. A "new creature" with new desires.

The alleged "second class" of believers who haven't received the fullness of the Holy Spirit, does not exist.

An excerpt from my site:

On the day of Pentecost two separate groups received the Baptism in the Spirit, numbering 120 (Ac. 1:15; 2:1-4) and 3,000 (Ac. 2:38-41).

The First Group (Ac. 1:15-22; 2:1-4) were followers of Jesus from the days of John the Baptist to His resurrection (Ac. 1:21-22). A sound from heaven like rushing wind filled the house, and tongues of fire sat upon each of their heads and they spoke in languages of Parthians, Medes, Elamites, Mesopotamia, Judea, Cappadocia, Pontus, Asia, Phrygia, Pamphylia, Egypt, Libya, Cyrene, and Rome (Acts. 2:8-10).

The Holy Spirit filled (Ac. 2:4) their spirit (Rom. 8:5-16), God breathing into their souls the breath of lives (Gen. 2:7), they became “new creatures” (2 Cor. 5:17; Gal. 6:15) risen in Christ (Rom. 6:3-4; Col. 2:12), born “from above” (John 3:7-8; 1 Pet. 1:3) .The “washing of regeneration and renewing” (Tit. 3:5) gave birth to their “inner man” (Eph. 3:16; Col. 3:10). They became partakers of divine nature (2 Pet. 1:4) passing from death into life (John 5:21, 24-26).

Only their soul was made alive, all of this was Spirit to spirit (Rom. 8:5-16) because our Holy God cannot abide with sin and touches no unclean thing (Rom. 7:18; 8:7-13). The flesh must wait for the resurrection yet future (1 Cor. 15:12, 51-55; Rev. 20:5).

Of these 120 unique followers of Christ only the Twelve Apostles did signs and wonders (Ac. 2:42-43).

When the Second Group received the Holy Spirit (Ac. 2:38-39) there was no sound from heaven like a rushing wind. Tongues of fire did not rest upon their heads. They did not speak foreign languages.

Precisely as the Holy Spirit filled the 120, so did He the 3,000 just as Peter promised (Ac. 2:38; Rom. 8:5-16). God breathed into their souls the breath of lives (Gen. 2:7), they became “new creatures” (2 Cor. 5:17; Gal. 6:15) risen in Christ (Rom. 6:3-4; Col. 2:12), born “from above” (John 3:7-8; 1 Pet. 1:3) .The “washing of regeneration and renewing” (Tit. 3:5) gave birth to their “inner man” (Eph. 3:16; Col. 3:10). They became partakers of divine nature (2 Pet. 1:4) passing from death into life (John 5:21, 24-26).

Confirming the 3,000 saved that day did not manifest revelatory gifts is the fact these were so uncommon they were deemed a “sign from God” of something new (Acts 10:44-47; 15:7-8). God also employed this sign to confirm salvation is only by public confession Jesus is LORD (Acts 19:1-7; 4:12). That this was a special group of Jews who received the revelatory gifts is evident by it being specially noted these were “Twelve” in number (Acts 19:7), clearly implying they were part of this exclusive group of Jews who would establish the Church (1 Cor. 12:28). “Salvation is of the Jews” (John 4:22)

The “outward physical evidence” the 3,000 were filled with the Holy Spirit was their changed heart and mind towards God and His Truth, and love for His people (Acts. 2:42-47 Compare 1 Pet. 1:22-23).

That the “outward physical evidence” was the SAME for BOTH the 120 and 3,000 organically follows from it being a function of “the One Body of Christ”, “the One Spirit who regenerates”, “the One Faith all belong to”, “the One Baptism common to every believer”. Every believer is baptized in the Holy Spirit of God whether they “feel” Him or not.
1 Corinthians 10:6 kjv
6. Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.
7. Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.
8. Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in9. one day three and twenty thousand.
9. Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.
10. Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.
11. Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

I feel we are in the end of the ages now.

What was available then is available today.

We are able to have the experience, Or reject the experienc
We must be born again.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

1 Corinthians 10:6 kjv
6. Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.
7. Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.
8. Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in9. one day three and twenty thousand.
9. Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.
10. Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.
11. Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

I feel we are in the end of the ages now.

What was available then is available today.

We are able to have the experience, Or reject the experienc
We must be born again.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
I agree:

5 Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 "Do not marvel that I said to you,`You must be born again.' (Jn. 3:5-7 NKJ)

I agree:

5 Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 "Do not marvel that I said to you,`You must be born again.' (Jn. 3:5-7 NKJ)
And just to keep things moving forward:
Tongues is not the end. He who speaks in tongues should pray that he intrepret.

The law should be in heart and mind.
I mentioned feeling. What I feel should go beyond the flesh.
The mind of Christ is not our carnal mind. The credit should go to Jesus for doing the work.
There are more advanced gifts. The great falling away is chipping away at the list. Thank God that the Holy Spirit is the leader into what is needed, and not us.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Spirituals:

Genetic Fallacy.
?
The scriptures gathered by ChatGPT are the Word of God, and each passage proved how wrong your position is.
Like I said, thanks for the study.
But what position do you refer to ?
16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. (2 Tim. 3:16-17 NKJ)
Ugh.
I hate it when the after-interpreters change "perfect" to "complete".
It takes so much away from God's intent.

Didn't matter who collected these verses----each verse screams from the roof tops Jesus is the New Lawgiver prophesied to come by Moses. He did more than fulfill the Old Covenant, He inaugurated the New Covenant with new "Laws" which He put into effect even before His death and resurrection.
I don't think I would have ever called them "Laws", but the natural behavior of those who love God with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength...and love their neighbors as thy love themselves.
It is good, however, to have some gracious guidelines.

?

Like I said, thanks for the study.
But what position do you refer to ?

Ugh.
I hate it when the after-interpreters change "perfect" to "complete".
It takes so much away from God's intent.

I don't think I would have ever called them "Laws", but the natural behavior of those who love God with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength...and love their neighbors as thy love themselves.
It is good, however, to have some gracious guidelines.
Genetic fallacy is to reject truth because of its source, but ChatGPT isn't the source, the Bible is. ChatGPT only saved me time collecting the verses.

Good question. I think I confused you with another poster. That's one reason why I like the old style threaded view on older forums. Now its too hard to scan through all the other replies to find everything we said on a topic.

So, I lost track of what we were discussing. Unless you want to remind me, it ends here.

Genetic fallacy is to reject truth because of its source,
I learn something new almost every day.
but ChatGPT isn't the source, the Bible is. ChatGPT only saved me time collecting the verses.
OK.
Good question. I think I confused you with another poster. That's one reason why I like the old style threaded view on older forums. Now its too hard to scan through all the other replies to find everything we said on a topic.
So, I lost track of what we were discussing. Unless you want to remind me, it ends here.
We were discussing commands from the NT.

If you tap on the little circle with the arrow in it...(after a posters name), you can scroll through posts back to their conception

Back