Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is the Born Again Experience the same today, as on the Day of Pentecost?

I never suggested or implied that additional books may be added to the bible. What is also obvious is that unlike the gospel books and Pauline epistles, the book of Acts doesn't end with an Amen, it's open ended with the continuation of the Great Commission, that is, the preaching of the gospel. The twelve apostles were gone, but God's people remain, and gospel lives on. Paul is not one of the twelve apostles, yet his letters are the foundational text of Christian theology.

Then Paul dwelt two whole years in his own rented house, and received all who came to him, preaching the kingdom of God and teaching the things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ with all confidence, no one forbidding him. (Acts 28:30)
Of course you didn't, I did to prove a point: Bible writing has been "discontinued", therefore "continualism" is proved wrong.

The Great Commission didn't cease when the apostles and the unique gifts they manifested, left the earth. You argue the gifts are necessary to preaching, but Billy Graham did quite well with the spiritual gifts all Christians still have, that haven't ceased.

Frankly, your argument doesn't prove the point I thought you were trying to make. The revelatory gifts of tongues prophecy and knowledge (supernatural) are not in your premises about the apostle Paul renting a house and teaching others.

Is your church between you and the Holy Spirit ?
You want me to believe the gifts are here, but refuse to do anything that could aid my believing.

I won't take the word of a guy who hides his real identity, so no one can make him pay for what he says. Its like having a license to lie. Nothing claimed can ever be verified.

You want me to believe your church has the gifts, but you won't tell me the address of the church, name of its pastor, or your name.

Before I became a Christian, I was the typical drug using "hippie" like others in my generation. And if you came to me calling yourself "hawkman" and wanted me to believe great things were happening, but you wouldn't give me the address where that is....even the drug addled hippie I was wouldn't believe you.

You want me to believe your church has the gifts, but you won't tell me the address of the church, name of its pastor, or your name.
You are starting to trouble me now , where do you think the church keeps the gifts ?

The gifts are in the Christians not the church building .
Before I became a Christian, I was the typical drug using "hippie" like others in my generation. And if you came to me calling yourself "hawkman" and wanted me to believe great things were happening, but you wouldn't give me the address where that is....even the drug addled hippie I was wouldn't believe you.
We would have went to concerts together and been friends back in the day . Praise God we are no longer living the life of a lost soul .

I gave you my church's name once about 2 years ago and we were having a discussion about like this one :) .

Of course you didn't, I did to prove a point: Bible writing has been "discontinued", therefore "continualism" is proved wrong.

The Great Commission didn't cease when the apostles and the unique gifts they manifested, left the earth. You argue the gifts are necessary to preaching, but Billy Graham did quite well with the spiritual gifts all Christians still have, that haven't ceased.

Frankly, your argument doesn't prove the point I thought you were trying to make. The revelatory gifts of tongues prophecy and knowledge (supernatural) are not in your premises about the apostle Paul renting a house and teaching others.
Revelatory gifts of tongues prophecy and knowledge are required to preach the real Son of the living God, Jesus said it himself. I've pointed this out over and over again to various diehard English bible worshiping nutjobs, that Jesus didn't ask "what does the Scripture say that I am", or compliment Peter "flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but the written Scripture." There wouldn't be all kinds of false prophets rising up in the name of Christ if you can just read the bible with elementary reading skill. You can know ABOUT him from the Scripture, but you can't know him personally and intimately, and he won't know you. It's like you can't become an expert of anything overnight by just reading a textbook. There're plenty of kids who grew up in devout Christian families, actively participating church events every weekend, and then they got brainwashed in college and went apostate. It takes a divine revelation from our Father in heaven to know Jesus, to be a disciple instead of a fan.

When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, “Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?”So they said, “Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?”Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. (Matt. 16:13-17)

Its implied by the division of 12,000 from each tribe, the "army of the LORD". They appear in the end time, when Peter (Joel) said the Holy Spirit would be poured out on ALL flesh, which includes the 144,000.

Moreover, its consistent with Christ sending the Seventy out to evangelize, they did signs and wonders as did the apostles and to a lesser degree the others in the upper room during Pentecost: Jews personally sent out by Jesus do signs and wonders:

NKJ Luke 10:1 After these things the Lord appointed seventy others also, and sent them two by two before His face into every city and place where He Himself was about to go.

9 "And heal the sick there, and say to them,`The kingdom of God has come near to you.'
17 Then the seventy returned with joy, saying, "Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name."
18 And He said to them, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.
19 "Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
20 "Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven."
21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in the Spirit and said, "I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and revealed them to babes. Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight. (Lk. 10:1-21 NKJ)

15 And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.
16 "He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.
17 "And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues;

18 "they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."
19 So then, after the Lord had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God.
20 And they went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word through the accompanying signs. Amen. (Mk. 16:15-1:1 NKJ)

And there is the principle of "balance" manifest throughout the scriptures. Evil is counterbalanced by Good.

When God permits the devil to act, He also provides a way out for His people.

As God will stop restraining the "mystery of lawlessness" in the end time it follows He will unleash the "Mystery of Godliness" (The Holy Spirit) also to convert and sanctify the end time generation:

Note this antithesis here, the unclean Spirit versus the Holy Spirit:

7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way.
8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.
9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders,
10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,
12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
13 But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth,
14 to which He called you by our gospel, for the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast and hold the traditions which you were taught, whether by word or our epistle.
(2 Thess. 2:7-15 NKJ)
You are applying Joel's prophesy to the wrong group.
That prophesy was already fulfilled on the day of Pentecost, and continues to be fulfilled today with each new convert.

This demon isn't being cast out, its being entertained, even laughs at the "exorcist". Then it leaves for a while but not before it can sow lies and half truths. Or the entire thing was a fraud, and the man an actor. Whatever happened, it wasn't being "driven out"....

Christ commanded the demons to be silent so they could not sow lies or insinuate themselves into the gospel message:

23 Now there was a man in their synagogue with an unclean spirit. And he cried out,
24 saying, "Let us alone! What have we to do with You, Jesus of Nazareth? Did You come to destroy us? I know who You are-- the Holy One of God!"
25 But Jesus rebuked him, saying, "Be quiet, and come out of him!"
26 And when the unclean spirit had convulsed him and cried out with a loud voice, he came out of him.
27 Then they were all amazed, so that they questioned among themselves, saying, "What is this? What new doctrine is this? For with authority He commands even the unclean spirits, and they obey Him." (Mk. 1:23-27 NKJ)

Christ let "Legion" speak because what was about to happen would prefigure the resurrection of demons, on Judgment Day they rise from "the sea" and are imprisoned in unclean flesh, then driven into the lake of fire (Rev. 20:13-15):

30 Jesus asked him, saying, "What is your name?" And he said, "Legion," because many demons had entered him.
31 And they begged Him that He would not command them to go out into the abyss.
32 Now a herd of many swine was feeding there on the mountain. So they begged Him that He would permit them to enter them. And He permitted them.
33 Then the demons went out of the man and entered the swine, and the herd ran violently down the steep place into the lake and drowned. (Lk. 8:30-33 NKJ)

The Legion of demons ended up in the Abyss, precisely where they didn't want to go, after the bodies of the swine drowned in the lake.

The Greek implies they were driven against their will, into the lake. Can you imagine their shock, thinking Christ had agreed to their request for a new home, only to be driven against their will into the abyss they dreaded.

In that day the LORD with His severe sword, great and strong, Will punish Leviathan the fleeing serpent, Leviathan that twisted serpent; And He will slay the reptile that is in the sea. (Isa. 27:1 NKJ)

Last edited:
You are applying Joel's prophesy to the wrong group.
That prophesy was already fulfilled on the day of Pentecost, and continues to be fulfilled today with each new convert.
Pentecost was a partial fulfillment. The end time wonders in heaven and and darkened Sun didn't happen while Peter was speaking.

16 "But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
17 `And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your young men shall see visions, Your old men shall dream dreams.
18 And on My menservants and on My maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those days; And they shall prophesy.
19 I will show wonders in heaven above And signs in the earth beneath: Blood and fire and vapor of smoke.
20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, And the moon into blood, Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the LORD.
21 And it shall come to pass That whoever calls on the name of the LORD Shall be saved.' (Acts 2:16-21 NKJ)

When Peter says "this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel" he means "this is what happens in the End Time prophesied by Joel," without saying Pentecost fulfilled all of the prophecy.

Moreover, the Day of the Lord didn't happen in the 1st century.

John does something similar when he says "its a last hour" (the definite article is missing). He saw wonder working TARES leave his church, to deny Jesus is the Son of God or that He came in the flesh. The event is so similar to the End Time falling away of the Church when they follow the Son of Destruction Antichrist out of Christendom to form the new Antichrist religion, that John calls it "a last hour":

Pentecost was a partial fulfillment. The end time wonders in heaven and and darkened Sun didn't happen while Peter was speaking.
I agree, but some of it was at least initiated at Pentecost.
When Peter says "this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel" he means "this is what happens in the End Time prophesied by Joel," without saying Pentecost fulfilled all of the prophecy.
I disagree, as all he was referring to were the things the people witnessed.
He did say..."But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:
15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.
16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;" (Acts 2:14-16)
He was referring to the gift of the Holy Ghost along with the gift of tongues.
There was nothing else to refer to.
Moreover, the Day of the Lord didn't happen in the 1st century.
Yes, some of it is still to come.
John does something similar when he says "its a last hour" (the definite article is missing). He saw wonder working TARES leave his church, to deny Jesus is the Son of God or that He came in the flesh. The event is so similar to the End Time falling away of the Church when they follow the Son of Destruction Antichrist out of Christendom to form the new Antichrist religion, that John calls it "a last hour":
Yeah, like a mini-synopsis.

I agree, but some of it was at least initiated at Pentecost.

I disagree, as all he was referring to were the things the people witnessed.
He did say..."But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:
15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.
16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;" (Acts 2:14-16)
He was referring to the gift of the Holy Ghost along with the gift of tongues.
There was nothing else to refer to.

Yes, some of it is still to come.

Yeah, like a mini-synopsis.
I agree, but that doesn't change Pentecost was a partial fulfillment.

Tongues will exist again, in the End Time as will prophecy and healings. The whole "ball of wax" as it were will be manifest to overcome the "mystery of lawlessness" which inspires lawlessness against God's truth the bible.

7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way.
8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.
9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders,
10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,
12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness. (2 Thess. 2:7-12 NKJ)

God will pour out His Holy Spirit on all flesh and the "mystery of Godliness" will inspire obedience to Gods Holy Word, an uncountable number of people will be saved:

9 After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands,
10 and crying out with a loud voice, saying, "Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!"
(Rev. 7:9-10 NKJ)

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory. (1 Tim. 3:16 NKJ)

You might wonder "if you believe tongues prophecy and (supernatural) knowledge" will exist in the end time, how are you a cessationist?

I believe they ceased in the 1st century, but come back with the two Witnesses. They will prophesy and the Holy Spirit will be poured out on all flesh who believe:

3 "And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth."
4 These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands standing before the God of the earth. (Rev. 11:3-4 NKJ)\

The imagery of Zechariah---the oil and lamps symbolize the Holy Spirit and God's Light, and its the two witnesses who also are "olive trees", through whom the Holy Spirit is given to the whole earth that believes:

11 Then I answered and said to him, "What are these two olive trees-- at the right of the lampstand and at its left?"
12 And I further answered and said to him, "What are these two olive branches that drip into the receptacles of the two gold pipes from which the golden oil drains?"
13 Then he answered me and said, "Do you not know what these are?" And I said, "No, my lord."
14 So he said, "These are the two anointed ones, who stand beside the Lord of the whole earth."
(Zech. 4:11-14 NKJ)

Last edited:
I agree, but that doesn't change Pentecost was a partial fulfillment.
I agree, though I had never before considered it in any real detail.
Tongues will exist again, in the End Time as will prophecy and healings. The whole "ball of wax" as it were will be manifest to overcome the "mystery of lawlessness" which inspires lawlessness against God's truth the bible.
The gift of tongues is still being given today.
God will pour out His Holy Spirit on all flesh and the "mystery of Godliness" will inspire obedience to Gods Holy Word, an uncountable number of people will be saved:
That has already started.
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory. (1 Tim. 3:16 NKJ)
Thank God for that.

I agree, though I had never before considered it in any real detail.

The gift of tongues is still being given today.

That has already started.

Thank God for that.
I want to thank God for it too. Why don't Pentecostals subject the supernatural in their churches, to every conceivable test, so God is glorified?

Until they do that, their claims are unproven.

I once attended a foursquare Pentecostal Church. Its members were good Christians as far as I know, I enjoyed their fellowship. But I didn't see Bible tongues prophecy and knowledge there. I saw something less than what is in the Bible.

Therefore, I cannot believe in "continualism".

I can only believe in "revivalism" as it were, that these special gifts of revelation will make a comeback when the Holy Spirit is poured out on all flesh in the End-Time.

You are starting to trouble me now , where do you think the church keeps the gifts ?

The gifts are in the Christians not the church building .

We would have went to concerts together and been friends back in the day . Praise God we are no longer living the life of a lost soul .

I gave you my church's name once about 2 years ago and we were having a discussion about like this one :) .
Red herring. If I claim to have xyz and people doubt me, I would prove I have it.

I don't recall your church's name. Don't repeat it, copy paste here links documenting the supernatural is happening in that church, and any pertinent expert testimony verifying everything is factually true.

As a member of the church you should have those links on file, for easy copy pasting on sites like this forum. To get the word out, as it were.

No Jesus's signs and wonders were his evidence that he was the Messiah, as he said if you Don't believe my words, believe my deeds.

Tongues were a sign to those who weren't Christian.
21 In the law it is written: "With men of other tongues and other lips I will speak to this people; And yet, for all that, they will not hear Me," says the Lord.
22 Therefore tongues are for a sign, not to those who believe but to unbelievers; but prophesying is not for unbelievers but for those who believe. (1 Cor. 14:21-22 NKJ)

"The law" was written to Jews (not Gentiles who didn't know anything about the law of Moses).

Therefore, "this people" are unbelieving Jews.

Who did the Jews refuse to hear? The LORD Jesus: I will speak to this people; And yet, for all that, they will not hear Me," says the Lord.

When the Holy Spirit revealed to the Gentiles what He would do (tongues+interpretation=prophecy 1 Cor. 14:5), it was a sign to unbelieving Jews. God was speaking through the Gentiles, yet "for all that, they will not hear Me, says the Lord."

Therefore, tongues were a sign to unbelieving Jews that Jesus is the Way the Truth and the Life, not the law of Moses.

Surely the Lord GOD does nothing, Unless He reveals His secret to His servants the prophets. (Amos 3:7 NKJ)

This is why Elijah must come, to restore all things. To bring the hearts of fathers back to their wives and children, and children to their parents. To make the path of God straight, everything out of His way. Every mountain brought down, every valley raised up. To reveal God lest the whole earth be struck with a curse:

5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet Before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD.
6 And he will turn The hearts of the fathers to the children, And the hearts of the children to their fathers, Lest I come and strike the earth with a curse." (Mal. 4:5-6 NKJ)

Jesus answered and said to them, "Indeed, Elijah is coming first and will restore all things. (Matt. 17:11 NKJ)

Moses and Elijah will come, to pray God pour out His Holy Spirit upon the Church, all who worship at the altar in the Holy of Holies:

3 "And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth."
4 These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands standing before the God of the earth. (Rev. 11:3-4 NKJ)

Then God will reveal what will happen in the end time, in detail through them and the church.

The Holy Spirit will be poured out on everyone, and they will prophesy and dream dreams. It all has been revealed in scripture, but everyone missed it. Therefore, God will reveal the hidden things to the Church, and in turn they to the world.

And the Lord's army, the 144,000 will convert Israel and nations, like no one has ever done before. The Gospel will be heard from mid-heaven, above the entire earth.

6 Then I saw another angel flying in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach to those who dwell on the earth-- to every nation, tribe, tongue, and people--
7 saying with a loud voice, "Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water." (Rev. 14:6-7 NKJ)

No one will be left out. It will be wonderful:

26 And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: "The Deliverer will come out of Zion, And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;
27 For this is My covenant with them, When I take away their sins."
28 Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers.
29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.
30 For as you were once disobedient to God, yet have now obtained mercy through their disobedience,
31 even so these also have now been disobedient, that through the mercy shown you they also may obtain mercy.
32 For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all.
33 Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!
34 "For who has known the mind of the LORD? Or who has become His counselor?"
35 "Or who has first given to Him And it shall be repaid to him?"
36 For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen. (Rom. 11:26-36 NKJ)

6 For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
7 Of the increase of His government and peace There will be no end, Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom, To order it and establish it with judgment and justice From that time forward, even forever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this. (Isa. 9:6-7 NKJ)

Who shall not fear You, O Lord, and glorify Your name? For You alone are holy. For all nations shall come and worship before You, For Your judgments have been manifested." (Rev. 15:4 NKJ)

Last edited:
I want to thank God for it too. Why don't Pentecostals subject the supernatural in their churches, to every conceivable test, so God is glorified?
How would you suppose they would do that ?
Until they do that, their claims are unproven.
I once attended a foursquare Pentecostal Church. Its members were good Christians as far as I know, I enjoyed their fellowship. But I didn't see Bible tongues prophecy and knowledge there. I saw something less than what is in the Bible.
I don't think I could call people without the signs "good Christians".
"Less than what is in the bible" is the basis of determining who is or isn't in Christ.
Therefore, I cannot believe in "continualism".
I can only believe in "revivalism" as it were, that these special gifts of revelation will make a comeback when the Holy Spirit is poured out on all flesh in the End-Time.
Believe your eyes.
You said above that you had it, (the gift of tongues), so there is no need to wait for it to revive.

How would you suppose they would do that ?

I don't think I could call people without the signs "good Christians".
"Less than what is in the bible" is the basis of determining who is or isn't in Christ.

Believe your eyes.
You said above that you had it, (the gift of tongues), so there is no need to wait for it to revive.
You misread my words, never received "the gift of tongues".

I don't recall your church's name. Don't repeat it, copy paste here links documenting the supernatural is happening in that church, and any pertinent expert testimony verifying everything is factually true.

As a member of the church you should have those links on file, for easy copy pasting on sites like this forum. To get the word out, as it were.

You have a fixation on confining the Gifts of the Holy Spirit to a building ! !

So where have I seen signs and miracles , in my living room , in my front yard , in my neighborhood , and in the hospital .

Some years back I was playing music in band and two of the band members knew I was pentecostal , so they asked about speaking in tongues .
Both of my fellow band mates were Baptists and most Baptist church's in the is area forbid tongues in their church's .
Both of my band mates told me how they had to come to learning about tongues in a practical sense :) .
Their stories were almost just alike . They both told of how they were alone praying to God and asking " Is there something more that I can have ! " they knew in their hearts there was more of God for them .
Both of them told of receiving the Gift of tongues while they were praying alone ! The joy they describing it retelling what happened to them lifted my spirits too !
Both of my friends had spent time behind the pulpit preaching God's word so they were well versed in the God's word . They understood the Gift of Tongues !

You have a fixation on confining the Gifts of the Holy Spirit to a building ! !

So where have I seen signs and miracles , in my living room , in my front yard , in my neighborhood , and in the hospital .

Some years back I was playing music in band and two of the band members knew I was pentecostal , so they asked about speaking in tongues .
Both of my fellow band mates were Baptists and most Baptist church's in the is area forbid tongues in their church's .
Both of my band mates told me how they had to come to learning about tongues in a practical sense :) .
Their stories were almost just alike . They both told of how they were alone praying to God and asking " Is there something more that I can have ! " they knew in their hearts there was more of God for them .
Both of them told of receiving the Gift of tongues while they were praying alone ! The joy they describing it retelling what happened to them lifted my spirits too !
Both of my friends had spent time behind the pulpit preaching God's word so they were well versed in the God's word . They understood the Gift of Tongues !
How wonderful. That wasn't my experience when I followed instructions "to speak in tongues".

I was told to devoutly pray, relax mind and body and yield, letting go of control as I vocalized sounds and syllables and with faith began speaking in tongues...

I was alone in my fully lit hotel room, when suddenly Satan appeared circling me like a lion does it prey. I could feel the power of the Holy Spirit keeping him a few feet away. With all his power he wanted to hurt me.

Satan can manifest any appearance he chooses. I watched as he circled, cylindrical in shape, slightly rounded on top but on the bottom a band of energy that folded in on itself as he "walked", about 18 inches tall, 1 foot in diameter. A mass of dark energy with streaks of white.

We know that whosoever is born of God...that wicked one toucheth him not. (1 Jn. 5:18 KJV)

I could sense his anger and hatred. He left. Never again revealing himself that way. So I can group this "tongues experience" with the "dreams visions and voices" that were "not of God."

I never tried that foolishness again. That was the start of my reevaluating the Pentecostal gospel. Other events at the church, like "glow meetings" and "carnal prophecies" bothered me, but this "broke the camel's back."

Pentecostals can keep their dreams visions voices and tongues, I have Scripture which makes me complete, fully equipped for every good work:

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. (2 Tim. 3:16-17 NKJ)

Last edited:
How wonderful. That wasn't my experience when I followed instructions "to speak in tongues".

I was told to devoutly pray, relax mind and body and yield, letting go of control as I vocalized sounds and syllables and with faith began speaking in tongues...

I was alone in my fully lit hotel room, when suddenly Satan appeared circling me like a lion does it prey. I could feel the power of the Holy Spirit keeping him a few feet away. With all his power he wanted to hurt me.

Satan can manifest any appearance he chooses. I watched as he circled, cylindrical in shape, slightly rounded on top but on the bottom a band of energy that folded in on itself as he "walked", about 18 inches tall, 1 foot in diameter. A mass of dark energy with streaks of white.

We know that whosoever is born of God...that wicked one toucheth him not. (1 Jn. 5:18 KJV)

I could sense his anger and hatred. He left. Never again revealing himself that way. So I can group this "tongues experience" with the "dreams visions and voices" that were "not of God."

I never tried that foolishness again. That was the start of my reevaluating the Pentecostal gospel. Other events at the church, like "glow meetings" and "carnal prophecies" bothered me, but this "broke the camel's back."

Pentecostals can keep their dreams visions voices and tongues, I have Scripture which makes me complete, fully equipped for every good work:

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. (2 Tim. 3:16-17 NKJ)
I see your version of the KJV of the bible changed the word "perfect" to the word "complete".
Too bad, as it has robbed you of its intended "profit".

Back