Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is the Law of God dead? And if yes, how?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you for this - this information is /has been withheld from believers - most have never heard about any of this - there is a long tradition of hebraic truth being erased from the conversation under penalty of death as per constantine and his replacement - there is a team of modern jewish scholars including mark d nanos who are trying to point out the hebraic truth that is evident still for those who know what they are looking at - it will take a great deal of accurate info to undo the anti-hebraic censorship agenda that that started in 320ad

where did you get this info from as it is not widely available or accepted?
Are those "modern Jewish scholars" Christians?

Are those "modern Jewish scholars" Christians?
no - but they are open to the nt because they recognize the jewishness contained therein due to the jewish authorship - a milestone in christian/jewish relationship - so they feel they have found a treasure in the nt - and their comments could become treasures to christians who listen with spiritual ears

daniel boyarin is another open-minded ultra-orthodox jewish rabbi and scholar who is also putting out some profound thoughts as he reads paul's writings - God is moving in mighty ways to bring truth everywhere imo

daniel boyarin is enduring severe shunning and reputation attack from his own ultra-orthodox community for his stand - but he refuses to compromise his beliefs to stay the golden boy among his people

Romans 10:1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. 2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth. 5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.

Jesus came to fulfill the righteousness of the law as we no longer live by the letter of the law, but now by faith in Christ to all who will believe.

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Jesus was made the fulfillment of Gods righteousness of the law as He is now our righteousness through faith as we are made righteous through the blood of Christ who has redeemed us from the curse of the law. Notice in vs. 18 that not all the law has been fulfilled yet as we are still under the moral laws Jesus gave to His Church in Matthew 18:15-20; 1 Corinthians Chapters 6-10 and James Chapters 4 and 5. All the law will be fulfilled when Christ returns and we are with Him forever.

There are laws (commandments) of God that were especially written just for the Hebrews pertaining to the rituals of the Temple, sacrifices, festivals, Torah, Kohanim and Levites, the King and the Nazarite. Then there are the existing moral laws (commandments) for all of us to still follow as in prayers and blessings, love and brotherhood. The poor and unfortunate, treatment of the Gentiles, Marriage, divorce and family. Forbidden sexual relations, business practices, employees and servants. Vows, oaths, swearing, Court and Judicial procedures. Injuries and damages, property and property rights, criminal laws. Prophecy, idolatry and all its practices as the moral laws (commandments) keep us in line with the will of God.

no - but they are open to the nt because they recognize the jewishness contained therein due to the jewish authorship - a milestone in christian/jewish relationship - so they feel they have found a treasure in the nt - and their comments could become treasures to christians who listen with spiritual ears
If they are not "Christian" Jews, they have no inherent love of God.
Their motives are beyond suspect.
Please be careful messing around with them.

that is another topic for another thread but in short genesis-malachi would have to be thrown out by this standard - there is a better standard imo - anything that proceeds from the mouth of God - start a new thread if you want to discuss this - God bless you

that is another topic for another thread but in short genesis-malachi would have to be thrown out by this standard - there is a better standard imo -
I don't see why they would need to be thrown out, as they were the basis of all the Lord Jesus Christ's teachings.
But even He didn't adhere to all the teachings, ie, healing, and shucking corn on the Sabbath; not to mention telling a man to carry something on the Sabbath on more than one occasion.
anything that proceeds from the mouth of God - start a new thread if you want to discuss this - God bless you
Doesn't it belong in this thread..."Is the Law of God dead"?
Though the Law isn't dead, per-se, it has been eclipsed by something that can bring forth perfection.
It is written..."For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God."
It is the "better hope" by which we draw nigh to God, not the Law of Moses

Are you actually saying that Jews who haven't accepted Jesus as their Savior have no inherent love of God? You need to spend more time among Jews! Try attending a synagogue!

And why are you warning people to stay away from God's chosen people? That is pure anti-Semitism.

BTW, this has nothing to do with the OP.

Are you actually saying that Jews who haven't accepted Jesus as their Savior have no inherent love of God? You need to spend more time among Jews! Try attending a synagogue!
Correct.
And why are you warning people to stay away from God's chosen people?
If anything, I would advise folks to treat them just like any other unbelievers.
With love and compassion, as leaderless sheep...perhaps.
But don't you see that anyone who despises the Christ is anti-Christian?
jaybo:
That is pure anti-Semitism. BTW, this has nothing to do with the OP.

If that is "anti" anything, get back to me.
The thread title is..."Is the Law of God dead? And if yes, how?"
When dealing with an opinion contrary to one's own, the beliefs that the things the Law's adherents post is part of the thread.
So are the reactions to them.

No harm or foul was intended, so if anyone was hurt...I apologize.

I agree that the thread title is..."Is the Law of God dead? And if yes, how?" It's not about Jews.

Just to refresh your memory, you wrote...

Your post was clearly about Jews not having an inherent love of God, their motives, and warning people about them. That has zero to do with the OP. Also, to end this off-topic subject, here is what Paul wrote about Jews...

"I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart. For I could wish that I myself were accursed—cut off from Christ—for the sake of my people, my fellow countrymen, who are Israelites. To them belong the adoption as sons, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the temple worship, and the promises." Romans 9:2-4

You would do well to emulate his attitude toward Jews. Now, back to the OP subject...

The part of the Mosaic Law that was carried over into the NT is what Jesus cited in Luke 10:26-28...
26 "He (Jesus) said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live."
These things can be accomplished by the grace of our Lord through us.

Jesus wasn't referring to dietary rules, circumcision, and the like in Luke 10.
Your post is a great example of eisegesis. Jesus was talking to a Jewish nonbeliever. He explained the truth from the Old Testament.

Again, read Paul's letter to the Galatians. Here is an excerpt...

Galatians 3:1-5, "You foolish Galatians! Who has cast a spell on you? Before your eyes Jesus Christ was vividly portrayed as crucified! The only thing I want to learn from you is this: Did you receive the Spirit by doing the works of the law or by believing what you heard? Are you so foolish? Although you began with the Spirit, are you now trying to finish by human effort? Have you suffered so many things for nothing?—if indeed it was for nothing. Does God then give you the Spirit and work miracles among you by your doing the works of the law or by your believing what you heard?"

and verses 10-11, "For all who rely on doing the works of the law are under a curse, because it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not keep on doing everything written in the book of the law.” Now it is clear no one is justified before God by the law, because the righteous one will live by faith."

You're actually saying that Jews have no inherent love of God? Do you actually know any Jews? Because everyone who has been around Jews knows that most of them have a deep and abiding love of God.

What are your motives for posting this? Jews are generally great people.

What are your motives for maligning God's chosen people?

Hi guys, greetings and blessings to all.
I wish to ask the vital question Is God’s Law dead/redundant now? I will rephrase

Is the Law now irrelevant to the Christian, now that he/she is under “ grace” (a word Jesus never uttered or taught)?

The law of Christ; the law of God is not dead.

For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law; to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those who are without law;
1 Corinthians 9:19-21

Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
Galatians 6:2

• Who is your Lord, Jesus or Moses?
  • Who is the Mediator of the New Covenant, Jesus or Moses?
  • Who was sacrificed for your sins; Jesus or Moses?

JLB

I agree that the thread title is..."Is the Law of God dead? And if yes, how?" It's not about Jews.

Just to refresh your memory, you wrote...

Your post was clearly about Jews not having an inherent love of God, their motives, and warning people about them. That has zero to do with the OP. Also, to end this off-topic subject, here is what Paul wrote about Jews...
You should check the context in which that reply to Truthfrees was meant. (From his post, #22)
"I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart. For I could wish that I myself were accursed—cut off from Christ—for the sake of my people, my fellow countrymen, who are Israelites. To them belong the adoption as sons, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the temple worship, and the promises." Romans 9:2-4
Even though they are not "my people", my heart is also heavy for the people of Israel.
But until they come to Christ, they are no more trustworthy than any other sinner.
You would do well to emulate his attitude toward Jews. Now, back to the OP subject...
Thanks for your concern.

Your post is a great example of eisegesis. Jesus was talking to a Jewish nonbeliever. He explained the truth from the Old Testament.

Again, read Paul's letter to the Galatians. Here is an excerpt...

Galatians 3:1-5, "You foolish Galatians! Who has cast a spell on you? Before your eyes Jesus Christ was vividly portrayed as crucified! The only thing I want to learn from you is this: Did you receive the Spirit by doing the works of the law or by believing what you heard? Are you so foolish? Although you began with the Spirit, are you now trying to finish by human effort? Have you suffered so many things for nothing?—if indeed it was for nothing. Does God then give you the Spirit and work miracles among you by your doing the works of the law or by your believing what you heard?"

and verses 10-11, "For all who rely on doing the works of the law are under a curse, because it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not keep on doing everything written in the book of the law.” Now it is clear no one is justified before God by the law, because the righteous one will live by faith."
Agreed.
Though keeping the Law of Moses is now possible for those reborn of Godly seed, those who walk in the Spirit instead of in the flesh; it no longer serves its initial purpose of keeping His people apart from the "unclean" world.

You're actually saying that Jews have no inherent love of God? Do you actually know any Jews? Because everyone who has been around Jews knows that most of them have a deep and abiding love of God.

What are your motives for posting this? Jews are generally great people.

What are your motives for maligning God's chosen people?
I did note a differentiation between "Jews" and "Jews that believe in Jesus Christ".
If you can't tell there is a difference between the two, what good is there in being a Christian?

For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law; to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those who are without law;

JLB
Hi JLB , did anyone apart from Paul mention Law of Christ. Asking because I'm not sure what Law of Christ is. What Law did Jesus give and where is it mentioned in Bible? Is it the commandments of love He gave? look forward

JLB
Can I ask you a question JLB, What Law did God etch on minds and hearts of all people according to His own declaration/ revelation in Jeremiah 31:33 and Hebrews 10:16? The Law of Moses ?

Hi JLB , did anyone apart from Paul mention Law of Christ. Asking because I'm not sure what Law of Christ is. What Law did Jesus give and where is it mentioned in Bible? Is it the commandments of love He gave? look forward

When God gave the children of Israel the covenant at Sinai, He did so through Moses, who was the mediator between God and the children of Israel.

Therefore it was called the law of Moses.

The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
Luke 16:16

Now that we have the New Covenant, we also have a Mediator between us and God. The Mediator of the New Covenant is Jesus Christ, and therefore we have the law of Christ.

Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the LORD. But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. Jeremiah 31:31-33

• I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, 1 Timothy 2:5

Then He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. Matthew 26:27-28

JLB

Can I ask you a question JLB, What Law did God etch on minds and hearts of all people according to His own declaration/ revelation in Jeremiah 31:33 and Hebrews 10:16? The Law of Moses ?

Christ gave us His commandments on our heart and mind, not the law of Moses.

Did you know that Abraham learned His laws and commandments directly from Him, by walking with Him in His presence, the way God desired to teach mankind from the beginning, in the garden.

The way He desires to teach today.

But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him. 1 John 2:27

When He teaches us directly, we receive His instruction with faith and with grace. Grace is the power to do what He says. Grace is His Spirit, the Spirit of Grace.

But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the LORD,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the LORD. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.” Jeremiah 31:33-34

• No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the LORD,’ for they all shall know Me,

JLB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back