Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

James 2 And OSAS

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Indeed. That is 'a hallmark' of such sects. They 'insert fear' and then they 'sell a way out.'

Keeps the bread on the priest's tables.

Law and grace are a deadly mix?
They are meant to be a toxic brew. Against all sin and evil. IN this way they are both PERFECTLY ALIGNED.

and as you know I have no issues with Law in this way. and find it just as strange that 'believers' aren't of the same mind.

For it is the law that stirs up the sin in these people,
Uh, yeah, because it is THERE within to STIR. Avoiding the Law will not avoid that factual confrontation.

The Law is Spiritual. It can not be 'avoided.' It is ever in contentions with the powers of evil regardless of our facing the facts or not.

and then they use grace as an excuse to cover their ungodly behavior,while they seek to condemn others.
Yeah, well, hypocrisy is a very old game in religions.

Gotta say Christianity is one of the best.

s
Well I guess we disagree on the solution? But even the crack dealer on the street can see the hypocricy of most who claim to be christians.

One of the most obvious frailties in promoting the eternal damnation of fallen believers is by using any measure of SIN.
Each of us has the responsibility to soberly assess if our sin is the result of unbelief, and not just the growing pains of growing up into Christ.

We are all factual sinners down to the last one of us. This much is obvious.
But for any one of us, whose sin is the result of outright unbelief? That is what is not so obvious, not that unbelief will keep you out of the kingdom. That's why we have to take the Bible's warnings to heart about shrinking down into unbelief. It's not a sin to show others that the Bible warns us of the eternal dangers of unbelief. (I can't believe I'm explaining this to a professing believer).

Can a believer be again blinded by the devil? Uh, yeah, every time we sin, sin is in fact 'of the devil.' Is it really a matter of 'how bad' from that point of fact?
It's a matter of if your sin is the result of casting the forgiveness of God aside. How does the grace of God cover the rejection of God's grace of being able to believe? Faith itself is God's grace to overcome the damnation of unbelief. But some surely do reject that. And worse, still expect to be saved on the Day of Wrath.

Belief in itself, however fleeting, even momentary, is a miracle. Some flowers appear for a very short period of time and then they are gone, just like the grass.
But Paul says you have to have the 'flower' of belief to the end in order to saved:

"12 See to it, brothers and sisters, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. 13 But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,†so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness. 14 We have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original conviction firmly to the very end." (Hebrews 3:12-14 NIV)

"1 Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain." (1 Corinthians 15:1-2 NIV)

Why believers seek to eternally destroy such is a sign of their own internal blindness.

IF sin is the measure, then Paul dragged himself down to the lowest point he could find in terming himself of sinners, "I am chief." An after salvation statement.

So who is lower than that?
Show me where Paul went back to the sin of not believing in Christ. Then show me he still had the surety of his salvation after doing that. I have more respect for a OSAS argument that acknowledges that faith will endure to the end for the believer. I have no respect for a OSAS argument that says not even faith itself will determine if you will be saved on the Day of Wrath...you're saved regardless. That's what I don't see in the scriptures.

Sin can not be the measure of damnation for a believer.
Okay, then James is a liar? We can not test ourselves by measuring the faith that saves by what it does? Is that what you're saying (in complete and utter contradiction to Jesus, James, and John.)?

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread [split]52292[/split]

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back