Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Jesus saves from unbelief !

gm

Grubal-----No, all he has to do is, believe

You just contradicted yourself. You said man does not have to do anything, then you said he has to do something. Do you realize that believing is something man does ?

Allow me to apply "my" opinion to this question. First, Christ died for ALL of mankind. Second, Christ's death/Resurrection can not be applied to the individual before their faith is placed...God requires "faith"

So then Christ death for those He died for in and of itself, did not save them. Right ? Is that what you believe ?

gm

For the fifth time, that has been established, I believe that. However, you insinuate that Christ death alone, does not save them He died for, Am I right. Do you believe that in addition to Christ work, Man must do something before he is saved ?

Separate in your thinking what Christ did. Now does man have to DO something to get saved ? Yes or No.

If you say Yes, then you are saying not what Christ did saved you, but what you did. Its just that simple.

We looked....we live.

The serpent on the pole, SBG. Man has been bitten by the poison of sin. Christ is raised up, and we're told, as the Israelites were, that we had to look to live. Those who refused to look, trusting in something else, died. Those who looked, lived. Christ, Himself, gave that illustration because He knew just how important it was that man understand.

I asked you, is it what Christ did, His Death, burial, and Resurrection for those He died for, does that alone, save one. You said no. Right ?

Oh, now you've added the resurrection. I said "no" to His death alone.

Faith is necessary to partake of the resurrection, since that's how we're justified.
By grace are ye saved through FAITH.

You can have a big savory loaf of fresh baked bread, but someone has to step forward and eat it.
It doesn't just fly into your mouth against your will.

John 6:51 said:
I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

A gift has a giver and a recipient. The one who gives and the one who receives.

Now, I've answered this question as many times as I'm going to. You either get it or you don't.

Real basic here

Some smuck is in the middle of nowhere. No line to the out side world. What i am understanding you to be saying is the smuck does not have what you call free will choice because he can not hear the gospel. God can't save smuck because there is no man

Is the above what your saying?

Real basic here

Some smuck is in the middle of nowhere. No line to the out side world. What i am understanding you to be saying is the smuck does not have what you call free will choice because he can not hear the gospel. God can't save smuck because there is no man

Are you talking to me?

We looked....we live.

The serpent on the pole, SBG. Man has been bitten by the poison of sin. Christ is raised up, and we're told, as the Israelites were, that we had to look to live. Those who refused to look, trusting in something else, died. Those who looked, lived. Christ, Himself, gave that illustration because He knew just how important it was that man understand.

Brilliance! glory, brilliance!!!

So then Christ death for those He died for in and of itself, did not save them. Right ? Is that what you believe ?

Again, Christ died for a world of lost sinners, not just a few elect... It does not save us, unless we, place our faith in the truth of it. That's what I'm saying and what I believe!!!!!! No way you can misunderstand what I'm saying with that kind of confession, right???

Oh, now you've added the resurrection. I said "no" to His death alone.

Faith is necessary to partake of the resurrection, since that's how we're justified.
By grace are ye saved through FAITH.

You can have a big savory loaf of fresh baked bread, but someone has to step forward and eat it.
It doesn't just fly into your mouth against your will.

A gift has a giver and a recipient. The one who gives and the one who receives.

Now, I've answered this question as many times as I'm going to. You either get it or you don't.

AMEN!!!

Real basic here

Reba, I find it hard to believe in this modern (world of global communication) that someone has "not" heard the Gospel at least once. But, say there is such a person, and he "never" hears the Gospel. Well, then we can "only" speculate (guess) how God will deal with such a person. I can guess but it wouldn't necessarily be correct... Romans 10:14 is the norm, it states,"How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? Those who never hear (if there's such a person) well, their in God's hands...

gm

Christ did ALL the work...

I know, we agree on that point once again for the 100th time. However you don't believe that work Christ did saved those He died for, His work alone. Now do you ?

glory

Oh, now you've added the resurrection.

Its always included. When talking about Christ death, it includes His death, burial and resurrection.

Now do you believe that Christ, Death, burial, and Resurrection alone, saves those He rose again for their Justification ? Do those things alone, apart from those He died for doing nothing,not even believing ? Yes or No..

gloryd

We looked....we live.

So you are saved by your works. Something you did. Apart from that, you would not have been saved correct ?

gloryd

So you are saved by your works. Something you did. Apart from that, you would not have been saved correct ?

Sorry, SBG. I can't give you understanding. I can repeat and repeat, but you won't hear.

I believed ....trusted. Believing is not a work, it's an occurance.

If you sit down in a chair because you see it's there...you believe it will support your weight.
Is that a work to you?

If you jump out of burning building into a fireman's catcher, and you're trusting him not to pull it away...
Is that a work to you?

If you're drowning in a river, and a lifeguard throws you a line...you reach for it.
Is that a work to you?

Give me patience, dear Lord. ;)

Reba, I find it hard to believe in this modern (world of global communication) that someone has "not" heard the Gospel at least once. But, say there is such a person, and he "never" hears the Gospel. Well, then we can "only" speculate (guess) how God will deal with such a person. I can guess but it wouldn't necessarily be correct... Romans 10:14 is the norm, it states,"How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? Those who never hear (if there's such a person) well, their in God's hands...

I agree, Grubal, and from what we see in the Word, if man responds to any light (conscience), he's given more. We see that with Philip and the Ethiopian eunuch and Peter with Cornelius. Shall not the Judge of the whole earth do right? I say, yes he will.

I agree, Grubal, and from what we see in the Word, if man responds to any light (conscience), he's given more. We see that with Philip and the Ethiopian eunuch and Peter with Cornelius. Shall not the Judge of the whole earth do right? I say, yes he will.

Well phrased...

gm

I know, we agree on that point once again for the 100th time. However you don't believe that work Christ did saved those He died for, His work alone. Now do you ?

This issue certainly is getting, "repetitious" don't you think?? But, in the name of "good fellowship" I will answer your question again... Christ died for a world of lost sinners and only those who will place their faith in the finished work of Christ, will benefit from it...Those who reject it, will be separated from God for eternity, and will go into eternal punishment...

Sorry, SBG. I can't give you understanding. I can repeat and repeat, but you won't hear.

I believed ....trusted. Believing is not a work, it's an occurance.

If you sit down in a chair because you see it's there...you believe it will support your weight.
Is that a work to you?

If you jump out of burning building into a fireman's catcher, and you're trusting him not to pull it away...
Is that a work to you?

If you're drowning in a river, and a lifeguard throws you a line...you reach for it.
Is that a work to you?

Give me patience, dear Lord. ;)

Glory, you spoke the truth and gave "excellent analogy's" If they fall on "deaf ears" so be it...

gm

Christ died for a world of lost sinners

Yes, I know that. However you deny that it was His death alone that saved those Lost sinners. You say they must do something in additon to what Christ did.

If thats the case, then its what they did what saved them ! You say they must Trust Christ before they are saved. Now who does the Trusting ? Is Trusting something men do or what Christ did ?

Back