Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Just how old is the earth anyway?

jasoncran said:
that's not what i am saying. God didnt plan on the earth being imperfect. if he did then why? why would we let men die fi they werent in sin? to punish them. read revaltion and the end of it and you will see that men live on the earth forever not in heaven and that the the old tree of life is still there. think about it what was his plan to then.

Jesus said his kingdom is 'not of this world' so to pretend like we have the definition of it is pointless.

jasoncran said:
Do you claim that God isnt still creating as speciation is occuring? think about it, what if by killling off that aids pateient the lord is making a better man that is resistant to aids. and or smart enough to avoid the pitfalls.

I don't claim to know what God's intentions are. 'His plan' will be done no matter what I think of it. We are starting to get into theology here which you know I don't believe as most Christians do so not much sense in carrying on as you hold what you believe to be the only 'truth'. I'm open to truth as 'God' claims in the bible to be the Author of 'truth' so I will go wherever it leads me. I don't let things like my previous beliefs or others backgrounds/religions get in the way of 'truth'. Truth will stand whether people believe it or not, otherwise it will be proven to be false. The 'word' was meant to be lived someone once told me.

cheers

Bronzesnake said:
'No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.' Buddha
"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon" Jesus

"I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" Jesus

Bronzesnake

Taking the quote out of context won't give your argument any credit.

cheers

seekandlisten said:
jasoncran said:
that's not what i am saying. God didnt plan on the earth being imperfect. if he did then why? why would we let men die fi they werent in sin? to punish them. read revaltion and the end of it and you will see that men live on the earth forever not in heaven and that the the old tree of life is still there. think about it what was his plan to then.

Jesus said his kingdom is 'not of this world' so to pretend like we have the definition of it is pointless.

jasoncran said:
Do you claim that God isnt still creating as speciation is occuring? think about it, what if by killling off that aids pateient the lord is making a better man that is resistant to aids. and or smart enough to avoid the pitfalls.

I don't claim to know what God's intentions are. 'His plan' will be done no matter what I think of it. We are starting to get into theology here which you know I don't believe as most Christians do so not much sense in carrying on as you hold what you believe to be the only 'truth'. I'm open to truth as 'God' claims in the bible to be the Author of 'truth' so I will go wherever it leads me. I don't let things like my previous beliefs or others backgrounds/religions get in the way of 'truth'. Truth will stand whether people believe it or not, otherwise it will be proven to be false. The 'word' was meant to be lived someone once told me.

cheers
actually the bible if you read tells where the kingdom is. while i dont pretend understand all of revalation. but he does state where the kingdom of god is and how to become part of it.

once i believed as you do for a very bried time in my life. but since you claim to believe in science. why is it that you claim we are wrong and yet the evoluntionist camp is right.

there has to be exclusivity . other wise life would chaotic.
one cant be a muslim and buddhist and a christian at the same time. since the first and former definetly contradict each other, and buddhism is merely a philosohpy that leads not to salvation for budhha didnt claim to be a path unto salvation.

i read the bible for myself, and will admit error. if you have followed me for any lenght. you will notice that change

such as the fact that i believer in eternal security when i first came i didnt
now i am not sure that woman should teach and lead in pastoral relationships to the men in the body of christ. that doesnt mean the churches that allow that arent christian just in err. i was raised mainly in a pentacostal faith by a female pastor.

seekandlisten wrote"What person of intelligence, I ask, will consider as a reasonable statement that the first and the second and the third day, in which there are said to be both morning and evening, existed without sun and moon and stars, while the first day was even without a heaven? […] I do not think anyone will doubt that these are figurative expressions which indicate certain mysteries through a semblance of history."
Ya and Hitler believed the Jews needed to be slaughtered I guess all Germans agree with him huh? :shame

It's so very typical for doubters to find one oddball amongst a plethora of others who do love God and take Him at His word. I guess you forgot to note these other early church fathers huh

http://creation.com/calvin-said-genesis ... at-it-says

Some professing evangelical Christians accuse creationists of taking a naïve literalistic view of Genesis, and claim that creationism is a 20th century aberration. Nothing could be further from the truth. A straightforward view of Genesis was the view of Moses (Exodus 20:8–11), the Apostle Paul (Romans 5:12; 1 Corinthians 15:21–22,45; 1 Tim. 2:13–14) and the Apostle Peter (2 Peter 3:3–7), and the Lord Jesus Christ Himself (Matthew 19:3–6; Mark 10:6–9; Luke 17:26–27).

It was also the view of the vast majority of the Church Fathers, including the faithful defender of the Trinity, Basil the Great. See Genesis means what it says: Basil (AD 329–379).[url="http://creation.com/genesis-...eation.com/genesis-means-what- ... -ad-329379[/url]

And the great leaders of the 16th Century Protestant Reformation, in returning to biblical authority, also accepted a straightforward view of Genesis.
This includes the Father of the Reformation, Martin Luther.
The biblical scholar and Protestant reformer, Martin Luther believed in Creation and taught that the world was young. For example, Luther stated,
“We know from Moses that the world was not in existence before 6,000 years ago.â€
Luther insisted that Moses wrote about Creation in normal, literal language.
“He [Moses] calls 'a spade a spade,' i.e., he employs the terms 'day' and 'evening' without Allegory, just as we customarily do we assert that Moses spoke in the literal sense, not allegorically or figuratively, i.e., that the world, with all its creatures, was created within six days, as the words read. If we do not comprehend the reason for this, let us remain pupils and leave the job of teacher to the Holy Spirit.â€

One of the most influential of the Reformers was the French lawyer and theologian John Calvin (1509–1564). He became leader of Geneva (Switzerland), which became a refuge for 6,000 Protestants. Calvin founded the University of Geneva in 1559, which attracted many foreign scholars, and still does today. His monumental Institutes of the Christian Religion (1559) proclaimed the grace of God and salvation in Jesus Christ. He was also a skilled commentator on books of the Bible, including Genesis. His teachings influenced many confessions, catechisms, preachers, leaders of modern Christian revivals, and were brought to America by the Pilgrim Fathers.

It’s very interesting that on every point on which CMI disagrees with much of modern Christendom, Calvin took our side. For example, Calvin believed that:
• The earth is ‘young’:
‘They will not refrain from guffaws when they are informed that but little more than five thousand years have passed since the creation of the universe.’
• God created in six consecutive normal days:
‘Here the error of those is manifestly refuted, who maintain that the world was made in a moment. For it is too violent a cavil to contend that Moses distributes the work which God perfected at once into six days, for the mere purpose of conveying instruction. Let us rather conclude that God himself took the space of six days, for the purpose of accommodating his works to the capacity of men.’
‘I have said above that six days were employed in the formation of the world; not that God, to whom one moment is as a thousand years, had need of this succession of time, but that he might engage us in the contemplation of his works.’

• The day-night cycle was instituted from Day 1 — before the sun was created [commenting on ‘let there be light’ (Genesis 1:3)]:
‘Therefore the Lord, by the very order of the creation, bears witness that he holds in his hand the light, which he is able to impart to us without the sun and the moon. Further, it is certain, from the context, that the light was so created as to be interchanged with the darkness … there is, however, no doubt that the order of their succession was alternate …’

• The sun, moon and stars were created on Day 4 — after the earth — and took over the role as light dispensers to the earth [commenting on ‘let there be lights …’ (Gen. 1:14)]
‘God had before created the light, but he now institutes a new order in nature, that the sun should be the dispenser of diurnal light, and the moon and the stars should shine by night. And he assigns them to this office, to teach us that all creatures are subject to his will, and execute what he enjoins upon them. For Moses relates nothing else than that God ordained certain instruments to diffuse through the earth, by reciprocal changes, that light which had been previously created. The only difference is this, that the light was before dispersed, but now proceeds from lucid bodies; which, in serving this purpose, obey the commands of God.’

• The Creation was originally ‘very good’ , lacking any evil [commenting on Genesis 1:31]:
‘On each of the days, simple approbation was given. But now, after the workmanship of the world was complete in all its parts, and had received, if I may so speak, the last finishing touch, he pronounces it perfectly good; that we may know that there is in the symmetry of God’s works the highest perfection, to which nothing can be added.’

• Suffering on the earth is the result of sin [commenting on Gen. 3:19]:
‘Therefore, we may know, that whatever unwholesome things may be produced, are not natural fruits of the earth, but are corruptions which originate from sin.’

• Physical death is the result of sin:
‘And therefore some understand what was before said. “Thou shalt dieâ€, in a spiritual sense; thinking that, even if Adam had not sinned, his body must still have been separated from his soul. But since the declaration of Paul is clear, that “all die in Adam, as they shall rise again in Christ†(1 Cor. xv. 22), this wound was inflicted by sin. …Truly the first man would have passed to a better life, had he remained upright; but there would have been no separation of the soul from the body, no corruption, no kind of destruction, and, in short, no violent change.

• God created Adam and Eve directly [commenting on Gen. 5]:
‘… [Moses] distinguishes between our first parents and the rest of mankind, because God had brought them into life by a singular method, whereas others had sprung from previous stock, and had been born of parents.’

• The Flood was global [just a small part of an extensive discussion on the real, historical nature of the Flood and Ark]:
‘And the flood was forty days, &c. Moses copiously insists on this fact, in order to show that the whole world was immersed in the waters.
It is thus clear that if we accept the authority of Scripture alone, we must believe that Genesis should be taken at its plain meaning. Christians who deny this are imposing outside ideas onto Scripture. This is shown by the frank admission by the ‘progressive creationist’ Pattle Pun:
‘It is apparent that the most straightforward understanding of Genesis, without regard to the hermeneutical considerations suggested by science, is that God created the heavens and the earth in six solar days, that man was created on the sixth day, and that death and chaos entered the world after the fall of Adam and Eve, and that all fossils [sic — creationists would say ‘most’] were the result of the catastrophic deluge that spared only Noah’s family and the animals therewith.

Sadly, one hotbed of anti-creationist, theistic evolutionary/long age ideas even includes a college named after Calvin — Calvin College in Grand Rapids, Michican, USA. Some of their staff have even invoked Calvin in support, although, as we have seen, Calvin opposed all such compromises.
Today the church needs a new Reformation to return to the authority of the Bible, the written Word of God, rather than trusting the fallible conjectures of unbelieving scientists.

Taking the quote out of context won't give your argument any credit.
What makes you think I took any quote out of context?

Hope this lesson helps my freind. :amen

John Bronzesnake

watchman F said:
[quote="logical bob":3bb1zxbk]To those who maintain that the early chapters of Genesis must be read literally I would ask this: which was created first - humans or plants?
Plants[/quote:3bb1zxbk]
When the LORD God made the earth and the heavens- and no shrub of the field had yet appeared on the earth and no plant of the field had yet sprung up ... the LORD God formed the man.
Genesis 2:4-7

jasoncran said:
once i believed as you do for a very bried time in my life. but since you claim to believe in science. why is it that you claim we are wrong and yet the evoluntionist camp is right.

The evidence says so.

jasoncran said:
there has to be exclusivity . other wise life would chaotic.

We haven't tried being inclusive yet.

jasoncran said:
one cant be a muslim and buddhist and a christian at the same time. since the first and former definetly contradict each other, and buddhism is merely a philosohpy that leads not to salvation for budhha didnt claim to be a path unto salvation.

Do the contradictions come from us and our clinging to certain beliefs of little importance?

jasoncran said:
i read the bible for myself, and will admit error. if you have followed me for any lenght. you will notice that change

such as the fact that i believer in eternal security when i first came i didnt
now i am not sure that woman should teach and lead in pastoral relationships to the men in the body of christ. that doesnt mean the churches that allow that arent christian just in err. i was raised mainly in a pentacostal faith by a female pastor.

I don't have a problem with what you believe. We all have our own lives to live and be accountable for. I think we may be getting off topic though.

cheers

logical bob said:
[quote="watchman F":3lk7ivge][quote="logical bob":3lk7ivge]To those who maintain that the early chapters of Genesis must be read literally I would ask this: which was created first - humans or plants?
Plants[/quote:3lk7ivge]
When the LORD God made the earth and the heavens- and no shrub of the field had yet appeared on the earth and no plant of the field had yet sprung up ... the LORD God formed the man.
Genesis 2:4-7
[/quote:3lk7ivge]
No shrub of the field and no plant of the field.
You have to pay attention Bob.

John Bronzesnake

because its like this..

there has to be one way to the lord not many.

i have been exposed to the eastern beliefs via the martial arts.

i know much of what you say..

it the same in the martial arts, i know some( i have been guilty of this) that think that only thier art is the best. ie aikidoka think this, judoka think this, karateka and so on.

when in truth they all have good points. but there must really must be one way to deal with the knife guys, the grounf guys and so on all in one art. no one has the whole answer.

that is how i applied that into my religious beliefs eventually, i didnt last.

i was humbled then i decided to give up that and listen to the lord and do it his way.

we fool ourselves when we are like that, we say we are open to all faiths when we arent. you do what i used to , no offense. i used to think that the christian is wrong in his interpration of the bible. the truth the matter is God clearly tell us how to get to him. i'm sorry you dont accept that. he is very clear on this.

if jesus isnt the son of god then he's a loon, and we are most miserable men.if he isnt the only way then he is a liar then we are men most miserable.

why would god allow men to wander and never know how to get to him. if i want to visit my parents they give their address and phone # and all i need to do to his call or visti.

God gave us his address and number via the bible.dont confuse the church doctrines with the bible, read it for yourself and let the the Lord reveal himself to you.

in time you will get the answer.

You know I looked into Buddha, but as Jason has stated Buddha is not God and made it clear that he was not God.
His philosophy is seriously flawed. Buddhism would have us believe that we reincarnate.
We live and die then live and die and so on and we do this until we get it right.
Well, if that’s true then we’re going backwards because the world has become more and more violent and people are becoming more and more proud and violent.
Exactly as Jesus said would happen.

Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
Mat 24:8 All these [are] the beginning of sorrows.
Mat 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
Mat 24:10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another
Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
Mat 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Yes Jesus is God and He is exact in His prophecies. Buddha was just a man and he got it wrong.
So I place my entire faith in Jesus. I trust His word completely, and I will be a true and faithful servant to the very end.
No man will rob me of my faith. No scientist will ever convince me that God got it wrong, or that God didn’t mean exactly what He said.

Many men have become blinded and angry at the very thought of a literal message from God.
These men have fallen to the false promises of the world.
Pray for them my brothers. Do not allow them to bring you down.

We must remain vigilant and stubborn to the coming of our Lord.
God is not in Heaven saying "let's make a deal" God is in Heaven saying "THIS IS THE DEAL" it is not negotiable.

Satan is master deceiver my brothers evolution is one of his deadliest lies and even Christians are susceptible to it. They see the literal description in Genesis but do not believe their own eyes. They put this satanic theory ahead of God’s literal word. God help us!

What have we done when we see His literal Holy word and convince ourselves that we, fallible sinners know better than the Highest, most Holy God Of eternity?
Wake up brothers the time is near and the angels of Heaven are getting ready to blast the trumpet call of the Lord!

Make your choice now before it’s too late. It’s God or its man.
Think about it this way. If you take His Genesis account literally and it isn’t literal, then surely God will bless you for your unyielding faith, but if you don’t take it literally and it is, then you’ve lost you may be left behind at the rapture, and if you don’t know what happens next I suggest you read the book of Revelation and I suggest you take it literally, or you may find yourself in a living allegory!

I can pretty much guarantee this, that simply by reading these words there will be those, even Christians who will become enraged. They will clench their teeth and tighten up their fists.
Their minds will be swirling trying madly to find the exact words to put together to "fix" me. I am ready.
And may God Bless us all.

Amen!

Bronzesnake

jasoncran said:
uh, reread bronzensnakes post on the fact that some unbelieving scientist dont accept evolution.
two. if we christians accept the fact the God uses natural selection as a means to create, then we can honeslty say that all earthquakes and disasters are his fault, for you see that is the process hes using to weed out those bad genes. think about that.

the earthquakes in haiti, and others may be used to kill of the hatians that have bad genes,and also animals and such like. and what of others disasters. ie famine. and so on.

we can NOW blame God and know what. we would be right if and consistent if the means is natural selection.

but what does the word really say on that.

aids, malaria, and a host of deadly diseases are to be blamed on the lord now.

Jason you know I think you are a good person, but you say things sometimes that I just don't understand.

After the horrible Haitian earthquake where those people suffered and died. Who were the ones who said God did it? Was it the Theistic Evolutionists? Who were the people who started those threads, and who were the people who spoke out against that idea?

I know we have strayed from the topic of this thread but I wanted to ask you a couple of questions jason.

jasoncran said:
because its like this..

there has to be one way to the lord not many.

Why do you come to this conclusion? If 'God' is the destination of someone's 'path' then how can it be the wrong one? Theology will never 'save' anyone.

jasoncran said:
it the same in the martial arts, i know some( i have been guilty of this) that think that only thier art is the best. ie aikidoka think this, judoka think this, karateka and so on.

The problem arises when you raise your beliefs above everyone else's. How are your beliefs better then someone else's when they lead to the same place?

jasoncran said:
no one has the whole answer.

I totally agree. Doesn't the bible say to 'search truth out like treasure'?

jasoncran said:
we fool ourselves when we are like that, we say we are open to all faiths when we arent.

If you are looking for religion to lead you to 'God' that is where the problem comes in. It's not a matter of picking the right one as what most seek, eternal life, is not something we get to choose no matter how much your religion tells you its your choice to make. It all comes down to what you do with your 'talent'.

jasoncran said:
in time you will get the answer.

We all will and until then I can only believe what I know to be true. I can't convince myself to be a Christian, Buddhist, Athiest, Muslim, etc. I can only be myself knowing that I am where I'm meant to be and need to make the most of it. Here's a quote I came across recently that makes a good point.

Achieving life is not the equivalent of avoiding death.
Ayn Rand

I do realize we are getting way of track of the topic of this thread so if you want to continue this conversation maybe we'd be better off starting another thread.

cheers

becasue when you say that god is using evolution we have a good reason to blame him for the deaths of innocents. as he is using Natural selection.

finally someone that gets the idea!

that was the reasoning mr.darwin wanted find out why god allowed suffering so he found that it was easier to accept that god would do that.\

when in actuallity the curse Because of man's sin IS the reason. as God didnt PLAN it this way

note what the LORD TOLD ADAM, BECAUSE YOU HAVE SINNED THE GROUND SHALL BE HARD TO PRODUCE FRUIT AND THOUGH SHALL RETURN TO DUST. IF YOU ACCEPT EVOLUTION THEN IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT GOOD OR EVIL ADAM OR EVE DID THEY WERE WAS DEATH AND DISEASE. NOT A PARADISE AS DESCRIBED.

IS BY THIS THAT I CONCLUDED THAT POSITION. TO SAY THAT THE CREATION ACCOUNT ISNT LITERAL IMHO, IS SAYING THAT WE CAN BLAME GOD FOR HE WANTED TO KILL OF THE CREATIONS HE MADE TO MAKE SOME BETTER THING.

THAT IS WHY I SAY THAT.

CAPS ADDED FOR EMPHASIZES.

Seek and listen, i speak only the bible says, nothing more, no man has taught me that exclusitvity, just confirmed it.

read the word yourself.

there can be only one way, no man says that jesus did as he is the way and the only way, read that for yourself if you doubt me. its there.

Back