Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Bible Study Lets Talk About God's Will to heal.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
1. Show me Scripture that shows that God does not heal. You say, sometimes He heals and sometimes He doesn't. Can you provide Scripture that proves He doesn't?

1 Tim 5:23~~New American Standard Bible
No longer drink water exclusively, but use a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent ailments.

2 Tim 4:20~~New American Standard Bible
Erastus remained at Corinth, but Trophimus I left sick at Miletus.

1 Cor 11:30~~New American Standard Bible
For this reason many among you are weak and sick, and a number sleep.

These believers were made weak, became ill and even died(sleep) according to Gods will.

According to 1 Cor 11:30, God does not always heal.

I completely agree that our healing is because we are united with God, in Christ.

Isa 53:5 But heH1931 was woundedH2490 for our transgressions,H4480 H6588 he was bruisedH1792 for our iniquities:H4480 H5771 the chastisementH4148 of our peaceH7965 was uponH5921 him; and with his stripesH2250 we are healed.H7495
'we are healed' H7495
H7495
רפה רפא
râphâ' râphâh
raw-faw', raw-faw'
A primitive root; properly to mend (by stitching), that is, (figuratively) to cure: - cure, (cause to) heal, physician, repair, X thoroughly, make whole. See H7503.
'ye are healed'
G2390
ἰάομαι
iaomai
ee-ah'-om-ahee
Middle voice of apparently a primary verb; to cure (literally or figuratively): - heal, make whole.

Yehovah Rapha, the Lord who heals.
Exo 15:26 and He saith, `If thou dost really hearken to the voice of Yehovah thy God, and dost that which is right in His eyes, and hast hearkened to His commands, and kept all His statutes: none of the sickness which I laid on the Egyptians do I lay on thee, for I, Yehovah, am healing [rapha] thee.

That's good, but the Holy Spirit already compared scriptures with an easy to follow example to know what by his stripes Ye are healed meant.

Mat 8:16-17 kjva 16 When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick: 17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.

The blood redeemed us from sin and powers. His physical stripes for the punishment of the curse by which sickness came he bore in his body.

No longer drink water exclusively, but use a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent ailments.

These believers were made weak, became ill and even died(sleep) according to Gods will.

Where is your scripture that any of your verses say it was God's will. Scripture please!!!! There are none, we don't add to scripture.

Stop making things up to prove a point. Serious bible discussion please.

Nice of you to offer but I think I'll pass.

So the Holy Spirit is wrong with his comparing scripture for us? I'll let you tell him that.

Scripture is suppose to change your thinking Gary.

So despite Jesus physically healing folks, with that scripture being told to us as coming to pass. You say it was spiritual instead.

Got it.

Thank you Gr8grace3. My own son had terminal cancer, Wife left for another guy, all while I had been saved. No doubt the flood does come.

I'll try out of respect for your Word knowledge be brief. I'll let you examine on your own.

1) The Godly shall suffer persecution. There is persecution for the Word's sake. (Mark 4)
The devil is a butt head, no question. The Ungodly also suffer many things, but without God and without hope, unlike us. God is not responsible for any of it, but is our helper in time of need.

2) The Lord did not bring evil on Job. (Job 42:11) That is what they said. We know who brought the evil on Job.

Job 42:11 kjva Then came there unto him all his brethren, and all his sisters, and all they that had been of his acquaintance before, and did eat bread with him in his house: and they bemoaned him, and comforted him over all the evil that the LORD had brought upon him: every man also gave him a piece of money, and every one an earring of gold.

Job 1:16 kjva While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, The fire of God is fallen from heaven, and hath burned up the sheep, and the servants, and consumed them; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.

Just because they said, and they comforted Job for evil God did, does not mean THEY is Correct. Satan brought the fire, and Satan murdered the kids.

A whole lot of things Job said is also not correct, but I won't post all those.

3) God never gave the devil permission to do anything.
Follow the conversation. Satan walks in, God asked if you have considered my servant Job. There is no man more upright than Job.

Satan says, (All Lies of course as there is ZERO truth in him (John 8:44)) Does Job serve God for nothing? You put your hands on Him God, hurt him real good and Job will Bless you back to your face. (Bless or Barak just means to acknolwedge back or salute back for something done)

Satan did not use any Hebrew word for Curse, He used the Word bless which means to salute back or acknowledge back for something done. Translated bless, blessed except in Job as I don't think the translators knew what to do with the Word.

Job 1:11 YLT The work of his hands Thou hast blessed, and his substance hath spread in the land, and yet, put forth, I pray Thee, Thy hand, and strike against anything that he hath--if not: to Thy face he doth bless Thee!'

Job 1:10-11 kjv+ 10 Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed (BARAK) the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land. 11 But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse (BARAK) thee to thy face.

Job did exactly what Satan said he would do.

However, Satan is a liar, and wanted God to harm Job. God is not going to be tempted with evil or does God have anything to prove to a disobedient angel.

Since God said harming Job has no purpose or cause, and God was not going to harm Job. God said. (Job 2:3)

Pay attention, Job is in your power, don't kill him.

That is not a premissive statement. It just means pay attention, Job was already in the power of Satan. Job had done something to give the rat a place.

4) Elihu remindes us God does not do wickedly, and renders to every man according to his way.

Having a mans children murdered who serves you is Wicked. At least here in Branson MO. You go to prison for doing that.

Job 34:11-12 kjv+ 11 For the work of a man shall he render unto him, and cause every man to find according to his ways. 12 Yea, surely God will not do wickedly, neither will the Almighty pervert judgment.

Elihu tells us Job got according to his way, and God is not going to pervert his Word to save Job. He also tells us God would never have the mans kids killed, make Job sick and take all his stuff. That is wicked.

That tells us Job did something wrong to give the devil a place.

Eph 4:27 kjv+ Neither give place to the devil.

Satan's Theme to Job......... Curse God, then you die

It started with listening to the devil about his kids............ My Kids might have cursed God. So Job sacrificed for his kids out of fear of loss.

Satan had a place and attacked the day the kids got together to have a party.

Fear of loss, is not faith.

Satan brought the theme to God that He got a place to get Job........... Curse God.

Job's wife said Curse God and die..........

58 times it's written to FEAR NOT
48 Times it's written to BE NOT AFRAID
Be of good courage and so on.

Job tells us how the enemy got a place, and God will not pervert his own Word to stop the devil. Not now, not ever. God keeps His Word always.

Job 3:25 kjv+ For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.

Fear gives place to the devil seeking whom he may devour.

Now you know.

Be blessed.
So in a nutshell Mike, Job was being punished for being the greatest believer on the earth?
New American Standard Bible
The LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered My servant Job? For there is no one like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, fearing God and turning away from evil."

All your words and long winded theory hinge on,"Job gave satan a place." What verse is this?

Where is your scripture that any of your verses say it was God's will. Scripture please!!!! There are none, we don't add to scripture.

Stop making things up to prove a point. Serious bible discussion please.
Mike, It is the fact that they ARE sick. If it was Gods will to heal everybody, they would not be sick.

I don't think we have that power all the time. god is a god of order. if he did all that to the nature then well science wouldn't work. food for thought. I seldom ask for that as well its only when im working outside on a car. I plan around rain when I must. but if I were to do as you say. well florida wouldn't have rain as there isn't a day at work where when It rains im not reading. sometimes god does but most of the time its not as I don't ask him to nor care to. sometimes he has no, and its rains. when it rains in line of work, I read, lightning, I don't stop. I have gone back to the truck soaked. there is one route that whenever I have read it for the most time it rains exactly where it has most of the time when is start. the isles of vero. it floods when it does and then when it stops its drains away.

Though given power, comes the wisdom of God and responsibility. Jesus did not call on all that he could have, and had a right to call on. I agree with you.

I want to agree with you Deborah.
Please show me where Exodus 15:26 is fulfilled in the New Testament.
It was not my intent that Exodus was filled in the New Testament. The reason I posted that scripture was to give another example of the Hebrew word 'rapha' being used as relating to physical sickness and YHVH as the healer [rapha].

You do know that healing folks this way gets you prison time, right?

I don't think he is referring to Dr. Kevorkian style?

Sometimes people die sick, but their new body is perfect after they are in heaven with God.

My aunties like I said, had much faith and died sick. Sometimes our cross to bear is that sickness and it is how we handle our cross, which makes the difference.

I'm not sure I understand you.
Where does this scripture indicate to you that they by faith had sought healing and been refused.
To me this scripture is just Paul telling them why they are weak, sick, and some even died.

I must admit that that im skeptical, when has there been honest recorded and not some hoax of limbs being fully restored? the op says only sin that causes cancer? do you realize that we have flesh eating diseases in America. mrsa is but one of those and sometimes it can if unchecked cause amputations.

I'll put this scripture along with what I just posted.

Romans 8:23-25 Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

Mike, It is the fact that they ARE sick. If it was Gods will to heal everybody, they would not be sick.

Now that is more humble.

If God had his way everyone would not steal. He said don't steal!

Chopper and I talked months back about a situation he had with a loved one. He knows I have been teaching Faith in God for a long time. God helped us with wisdom and a miracle, what God did for us got chopper looking more into God's will to help.

One day God's will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Until then, we are just presenting things that we hope help someone when the world comes down around them.

God healed my wife, son (terminal cancer) God has never failed one time in my family to help.

Jesus called Peter out on the water. His will.

Peter is the one that got looking at the wind and fear stopped the will of the Lord to walk on the water.

Is there anything we as believers can do better, to not hinder the power of God in our lives?

That is what we are looking at. I think we can all learn to believe better.

I think that god more often then not uses the ordinary things.i have seen things that medicine cant explain. but limbs or raising a person dead for years? never.

Would you like me to explain it to you?

Yes I am interested in how you get around scriptures. You might actually tell me something I have not heard in 17 years revelation and teaching on this subject. Though I think the book "till healing comes" covered all the possible twisting of scriptures man can dream up. God made David's baby sick, Jacobs hip, Ken did a thorough job in his book to destroy Faith.

That's good, but the Holy Spirit already compared scriptures with an easy to follow example to know what by his stripes Ye are healed meant.

Mat 8:16-17 kjva 16 When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick: 17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.

The blood redeemed us from sin and powers. His physical stripes for the punishment of the curse by which sickness came he bore in his body.
Go back and see what I already posted about how the Matthew scripture proves that the stripes were NOT only for spiritual healing but also physical healing.
And the post that you just responded to Ex.15:26 proves that the word 'rapha' does NOT mean only spiritual healing but physical healing as well.
So I fail to understand your response to me, what your objection is?

I think that god more often then not uses the ordinary things.i have seen things that medicine cant explain. but limbs or raising a person dead for years? never.

Many account of raising the dead. I have one even. As for limbs? Documented medically Smith wigglesworth, a whole foot grown back. Jesus also, the lame and halt. We need more revelation in this area, as it happened once then it's the same holy spirit today.

Go back and see what I already posted about how the Matthew scripture proves that the stripes were NOT only for spiritual healing but also physical healing.
And the post that you just responded to Ex.15:26 proves that the word 'rapha' does NOT mean only spiritual healing but physical healing as well.
So I fail to understand your response to me, what your objection is?

I did not object. I said it was good. I just said digging into language proves you right, but the Holy Spirit compared by his stripes we are healed as physical healing in a simple way, in case someone missed getting into the language.

You know I always agree with you, right?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back