Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Bible Study Lets Talk About God's Will to heal.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hi folks. Lets please try and look at this thread as a learning experience. We all have heard at one time or another that it's not God's will to heal all the time. Is it possible for us to put our hearts and brains together and examine the Scriptures that appear to support God's desire to heal. Example: Proverbs 4:20-22
Pro 4:20 My son, be attentive to my words; incline your ear to my sayings.
Pro 4:21 Let them not escape from your sight; keep them within your heart.
Pro 4:22 For they are life to those who find them, and healing to all their flesh.

Can we work together to find Scriptures like this one and together make a decision whether or not it is God's will to heal? There are some wonderful men and women who teach that it is God's will to heal all the time. Do they know something that we don't know? If your child should get sick, don't you think you owe it to them that we know how to appropriate God's healing? I do, and I'm here to learn!
Lots of pages here and I haven't read them all, but do you consider death the ultimate healing?

I have realized that when I am dead and standing before God I will have no gripe about unanswered prayer....that all things worked out and were answered by me now being in the perfection of the kingdom of God.

Sooner or later there's that last prayer for healing that doesn't get answered the way we are sure it has to be answered.

Gen 6:3 New American Standard Bible
Then the LORD said, "My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years."

When looked at in the context of the first 6 chapters I can't find any reason to believe that God did anything other than to shorten man's life span because living for 900 years allowed man to become evil.
Let's look at the context right in the passage itself:

"3 Then the LORD said, "My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years."
4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward *, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.
5 Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually *.
6 The LORD was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.
7 The LORD said, "I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky; for I am sorry that I have made them."

11 Now the earth was corrupt in the sight of God, and the earth was filled with violence.
12 God looked on the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth.
13 Then God said to Noah, "The end of all flesh has come before Me; for the earth is filled with violence because * of them; and behold, I am about to destroy them with the earth.
(Genesis 6:3-7,11-13 NASB)

God saw the wickedness of mankind on the earth and said, " I will not strive with you forever. You got 120 years left and then you're done."

I say the talents are figurative of the treasures of God--namely, his Word.

What have we done with the measure of his Word that we have received according to our ability to work it?

I think it important that we not judge people according to a measure of word/faith they have not received.

So how do you di
But by that same reasoning the days of man are, supposedly, to be 120 because of his disobedience. What's the diff?

HUh ? What are you talking about ?

Lots of pages here and I haven't read them all, but do you consider death the ultimate healing?

I have realized that when I am dead and standing before God I will have no gripe about unanswered prayer....that all things worked out and were answered by me now being in the perfection of the kingdom of God.

Sooner or later there's that last prayer for healing that doesn't get answered the way we are sure it has to be answered.

Oh my old friend. I have heard that expression that death is the final healing, and that's true as long as it's not an excuse to limit God's healing before death. We are all going to die and no amount of faith can stop it. Lets see if healing can happen before it's time for an individual to die.

On the video that I posted, I think it's the third of the series where the teacher speaks about "creation." These are my words not his....When God created all that He created, including Adam, He said that "it was good". Now, if God said it was all good, was there any disease? If what some people say that God's will is not always to heal, then Adam would have some sickness in the Garden, right?

Sickness came after Adam sinned. That tells me that God does not like sickness because His will is that everything be good, and sickness is not good. Why would someone say that it is God's will to use sickness for some purpose of His? It seems to me that God hates sin which causes sickness in the first place thru Adam and therefore God hates sickness.

Sure no problem but first let you bring the scriptures you are useing about God searching the heart prior to judgments......While you are at it show me how this says your words dont matter and show me how it is only the motivation behind the words that count.....You bring something to the table to work with and so will I.
This is a simple and honest request.......First you show me scripture to back up your claim and then I can be able to bring scripture as well... Understand ? :thinking

That's not how I work. You called me ignorant. Prove your point.

Is sickness in us a result of our sin? or is it a result of sin in the world...
Our sins are forgiven right?
Are a child's birth defects because of his parents sin?
Is the lack of a strong immune system because our grandparents sin?

I think sickness is because of the sin in our world.It goes back to Adam and Eve.
Yes,if a person is a born again believer in Jesus Christ their sins are forgiven
No,a childs birth defects are not because of his parents sin
No it is not

Let's look at the context right in the passage itself:

"3 Then the LORD said, "My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years."
4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward *, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.
5 Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually *.
6 The LORD was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.
7 The LORD said, "I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky; for I am sorry that I have made them."

11 Now the earth was corrupt in the sight of God, and the earth was filled with violence.
12 God looked on the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth.
13 Then God said to Noah, "The end of all flesh has come before Me; for the earth is filled with violence because * of them; and behold, I am about to destroy them with the earth.
(Genesis 6:3-7,11-13 NASB)

God saw the wickedness of mankind on the earth and said, " I will not strive with you forever. You got 120 years left and then you're done."
Jethro,
I'm sorry but short span or local context is no context and throughout the Bible God has had but one message and that is the salvation that the fellowship of man wit his Creator. The recent heresies of people like Jim Jones, the Waco Wacko and so many others are the result of localizing scripture, looking like it is contextual because of the exclusion of the rest of scripture but the net result being the lie no man can live by.

In Psalm 90:10 we find life span of modern man. God has, in the context of the scriptures has limit or restricted the life span of man three times. The first was the rest of Adam following Eve instead of leading as he was created to do and man fell from an eternal being to about a 900 year life span.

I was hoping you would read the first five and the beginning of chapter 6 and see what God was saying to all of His creation. I having been in combat, I have seen men earn names like Skull Crusher and Weird. I know, first hand that man is evil in his heart.

None of surprised God because He knew each and every one of us before He created the world. Because He foreknew should cause each of us to question everything we read in the scriptures and to push god in our prayer lives for the answers we find at issue with our studies.

Everything we find, recorded in the scriptures, is written in such a manor as to teach us to think before opening ourselves up to ridicule. For instance, the scriptures teach us by saying that God repented. Did He? To repent one must completely change direction and reverse their course but in Mal. 3:6a we find God promising to never change.

If God was or is perfect and He changes, then He becomes less than perfect and yet the Bible teaches He did... a few times. It says this for our benefit but God knew, absolutely everything before creation. (Isaiah 46:10 & 44:7, Dan. 2:28, Acts 2:23, 3:18 & 4:27-28, Rom. 8:29 and more) WE will drive ourselves crazy if we do not come to grips with this truth about scripture.

If you still have an issue with what I understand from riptures, I think we will just agree to disagree.

I've always believed that God wants to heal us and will heal us.
But we don't always see it.
But if we believe in something and pray for it, we also need to wait patiently for what we believe that we will receive.
Maybe God taking us home is our final healing.
In the meantime, he helps us through our trials as we continue to serve him.

To think that there is some sort of formula that answers healing, well, I disagree with that.
Please understand that I've been through this healing thing for 30 years.
I have been healed, I have prayed over others who have been healed, and I've seen people suffer in pain and die.
I don't believe there's a "magic" formula to healing.

However, there is a lot that has been said in this thread that helps build up one's faith which is needed in healing, I believe.
I wouldn't say anyone has been wrong in this thread, just different understandings as God gives it to us.

God bless you all.

besides he isn't the only poster to rebuke weather. I have prayed for rain to stop. usually it does. but that is for another thread.

I spoke to one Tornado. It was going to crunch a bunch of trucks on the side of the insterstate just outside of Atlanta. Thats it!!

How do I explain to Reba that is not a gift? It's not very smart to be right there in a Tornado and talk the thing out of doing what it's doing unless you hear from God first.

Those guys in the Parable had ability to invest. Must have learned it from their Master. Each one was given money according to their ability.
It was an ability they always had.

Trying to stop Tornadoes, or laying hands on everyone to expect them healed is not an ability any one has. These are just things the Lord through people to help people.

Now Jesus walked on Water. I suspet we have more authority over things than what we have yet learned.

Brother Mike this kind of talents
Mat 25:15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.

Money given to each man according to their ability to invest it. The ability to invest it was somethig they learned. The Money was something that was given to them.

right? Talent there in the Greek is coins, money.

Why would anyone need healing after they have died?

That seems strange. I am pretty sure we don't show up to Heaven with our old, broke and sick bodies.

Now I have not been to Heaven to know this 100% but I would still bet on it.

I spoke to one Tornado. It was going to crunch a bunch of trucks on the side of the insterstate just outside of Atlanta. Thats it!!

How do I explain to Reba that is not a gift? It's not very smart to be right there in a Tornado and talk the thing out of doing what it's doing unless you hear from God first.

Those guys in the Parable had ability to invest. Must have learned it from their Master. Each one was given money according to their ability.
It was an ability they always had.

Trying to stop Tornadoes, or laying hands on everyone to expect them healed is not an ability any one has. These are just things the Lord through people to help people.

Now Jesus walked on Water. I suspet we have more authority over things than what we have yet learned.
I don't think we have that power all the time. god is a god of order. if he did all that to the nature then well science wouldn't work. food for thought. I seldom ask for that as well its only when im working outside on a car. I plan around rain when I must. but if I were to do as you say. well florida wouldn't have rain as there isn't a day at work where when It rains im not reading. sometimes god does but most of the time its not as I don't ask him to nor care to. sometimes he has no, and its rains. when it rains in line of work, I read, lightning, I don't stop. I have gone back to the truck soaked. there is one route that whenever I have read it for the most time it rains exactly where it has most of the time when is start. the isles of vero. it floods when it does and then when it stops its drains away.

Were you implying that it was wrong to say that men only live to be 70 because of disobedience?
People die around 60 and 70 for many reasons. Some live to be hundred and never Knew God and that is a shame.
What I was saying is that man has taken the 70 year curse thing as Gods will to all man and that is not true.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back