Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Bible Study Lets Talk About God's Will to heal.

Nowhere Gary in the NT is Jesus physical abuse connected to the description the blood gave us.

1 Peter 2
21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
22 “Who committed no sin,
Nor was deceit found in His mouth”;
23 who, when He was reviled, did not revile in return; when He suffered, He did not threaten, but committed Himself to Him who judges righteously;
24 who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed.

A little politeness goes a long way.

Actually page 13 and we all are doing pretty good.
1 Peter 2
21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
22 “Who committed no sin,
Nor was deceit found in His mouth”;
23 who, when He was reviled, did not revile in return; when He suffered, He did not threaten, but committed Himself to Him who judges righteously;
24 who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed.

Right, he bore our sin in his body, washed by the blood and by his outward stripes we are healed. Glad your finally understanding this.

The curse brought physical sickness. Jesus fixed that punishment we deserved.

what sin did I incur that caused exercised induced asthma? or how about diseases that have a genetic factor to them. cancer? you cant assume all forms of illness are sin in the patient.

Bible study in the Bible Study Forum > > > > >
talking.gif

Bible study in the Lounge > > > > >
catfight.gif

Gary, post: 1066829, member: 5608"]Bible study in the Bible Study Forum > > > > >
talking.gif

catfight.gif

Perfect

Gary, post: 1066829, member: 5608"]Bible study in the Bible Study Forum > > > > >
talking.gif

catfight.gif

Perfect
lol, if one of them would just go with the push of the other a take down could occur or a set up..

Then explain cancer or the common cold for that matter.

God said the effects of the curse for disobedience is sickness and a host of other things. The punishment we deserve.

When my son was diagnosed with cancer, the first words our of my mouth to the doctor was "this is under the curse and does not belong to us"

I set my Faith the moment I got the report.

Because of Adams sin, death reigned even over those who did not sin as Adam . The curse is here and present.

Heb 11:33 kjva Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions,

Heb 11:2 kjva For by (Faith) it the elders obtained a good report.

Without Faith, without knowing what belongs to you, you don't get healed or any promises.

Jesus said all things are possible to him that believe.

What if you don't believe? What if you say God does not always want to help when the doctors have done all they can? What happens then Gary?

Do you get the same results as someone who said "I will live and not die, I'll declare the works of the Lord and no weapon formed can hurt me.

what sin did I incur that caused exercised induced asthma? or how about diseases that have a genetic factor to them. cancer? you cant assume all forms of illness are sin in the patient.

What sin did I do when my son got terminal cancer? I was preaching in the shelters Faith and healing to those that needed.

The wife felt just getting out of adultery it was her sin. We can't focus on that. Job is a good lesson of what not to do. The why.

Get to God for help. If we be at fault, God will reveal this to us, if the devil is just attacking, then we resist steadfast in Faith nothing wavering.

The curse came because of Adams sin. Satan is the God of this world. We have opposition Jesus made a way out of.

The curse causeless shall not come. It comes for a reason, could be things we have been saying.... hay fever season is coming, I always sneeze and swell up. God is faithful to help us no matter the case.

Blessings Jason.

God said the effects of the curse for disobedience is sickness and a host of other things. The punishment we deserve.

When my son was diagnosed with cancer, the first words our of my mouth to the doctor was "this is under the curse and does not belong to us"

I set my Faith the moment I got the report.

Because of Adams sin, death reigned even over those who did not sin as Adam . The curse is here and present.

Heb 11:33 kjva Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions,

Heb 11:2 kjva For by (Faith) it the elders obtained a good report.

Without Faith, without knowing what belongs to you, you don't get healed or any promises.

Jesus said all things are possible to him that believe.

What if you don't believe? What if you say God does not always want to help when the doctors have done all they can? What happens then Gary?

Do you get the same results as someone who said "I will live and not die, I'll declare the works of the Lord and no weapon formed can hurt me.

What sin did I do when my son got terminal cancer? I was preaching in the shelters Faith and healing to those that needed.

The wife felt just getting out of adultery it was her sin. We can't focus on that. Job is a good lesson of what not to do. The why.

Get to God for help. If we be at fault, God will reveal this to us, if the devil is just attacking, then we resist steadfast in Faith nothing wavering.

The curse came because of Adams sin. Satan is the God of this world. We have opposition Jesus made a way out of.

The curse causeless shall not come. It comes for a reason, could be things we have been saying.... hay fever season is coming, I always sneeze and swell up. God is faithful to help us no matter the case.

Blessings Jason.
then why does the bible say this in james. say not we shall do this or that? but if the lord wills we shall do this or that? for tomorrow isn't promised. does that mean death by cancer is impossible? I think not, we are ordained a life whatever god wants to live or not. your message says all men that have enough faith will live to 120 jewish years. which isn't really what the book of james implies.

Hi Deborah, just a little problem there.
1 Peter 2:24 quotes the same verse with one change, "by his stripes you WERE healed".
What's the difference and why?
We cannot claim Isaiah 53 today if Peter quotes it as past tense.
You quoted Matthew 8:17.
Jesus did these things to fulfill the prophecy.
This is fulfilled prior to the cross.
It is not part of our atonement.
We see in Peter's reference that Christ died for our sins that we might live for righteousness.
There is no mention of physical healing.

Rollo I see another REAL PROBLEM here. It is when people try to correct others who bring truth and yet have things totally wrong. Anything from the OT talking about Christ Jesus is right on the money and right today. This includes Isaiah 53. You really belive because it says ye were healed makes any changes in this ?

Christ Jesus shed His blood on that Cross....What was written before or after about this is good for all time. Ye were healed.......This means every time you have an issue it has been covered by the blood shed on the cross.
The prophets of old spoke about the coming Christ and what he was to do and so forth. It is words given by God and those words are just as true today asd the day they were spoken.....

Back