Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Bible Study Lets Talk About God's Will to heal.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Many account of raising the dead. I have one even. As for limbs? Documented medically Smith wigglesworth, a whole foot grown back. Jesus also, the lame and halt. We need more revelation in this area, as it happened once then it's the same holy spirit today.
ah yes punch the cancer. I grew up in this stuff. my town didn't Have HOSPITAL until 1938 and so with the large churches ohere that had faith then and they did. a few of those still around and none of that has been told to me. the hospital that was first here was ran by a nurse. so I would think with the lack of medicine then it would be told. as always its a lack of faith. and my church teaches healing promises.

I know that god healed cancer. I can also post the second pentacostal church I attended for years and also some stories of children who had miracles. one that was dead for less then hour and her lung filled up with mud. her brother died and god told the parents. had you not prayed I would have taken both. I personally know that family of Job. they have faith. miraculous deliverances, and financial miracles. yet nothing of that from them.

Galatians 4:13-14 As you know, it was because of an illness that I first preached the gospel to you. Even though my illness was a trial to you, you did not treat me with contempt or scorn. Instead, you welcomed me as if I were an angel of God as if I were Christ Jesus himself.

Galatians 4:13-14 As you know, it was because of an illness that I first preached the gospel to you. Even though my illness was a trial to you, you did not treat me with contempt or scorn. Instead, you welcomed me as if I were an angel of God as if I were Christ Jesus himself.
can you go to more of a literal rendering of that to remove the bias? or post several with that. kjv says infirmity.

Mike, It is the fact that they ARE sick. If it was Gods will to heal everybody, they would not be sick.
Why?
Are we saved in Christ without obeying the Gospel and submitting to God's will?
Paul tells them why they are sick, now it's up to them to just 'stop it'. Stop doing what is making you sick because what you are doing is against God's will. Stop doing it, Paul tells them.

Do you mean the kind of infirmity?
no, just different versions to remove any translator bias. the niv while its an ok bible isn't usually translated words literally but its a thought translation. other bibles translate literally, of course not all the time since that cant be.

It had bothered me for years that I got answers to prayer when I approached God in helpless abandon--not when I approached him with the 'you gotta do this for me 'cause I have faith' attitude. Honestly, in general I think the faith movement has misrepresented the truth about faith in God and answer to prayer. I see a lot of pride in having faith in the movement, not the humility of helplessness that in my experience is what has moved the hand of God on my behalf. I'm not negating that kind of demanding faith altogether. We see examples of it in the scriptures. I'm saying the faith movement does not know, and therefore teach, the whole truth about answer to prayer.

What the "Faith movement" missed is wisdom is the principle thing. Lean not too your own understanding.

I have had to learn much in this area.

Even getting stuck in a deep ditch (my fault) I did not demand angels to push my car out or rebuke DEVILS and claim this or that.

I just sat there with no phone, out in the sticks and said Lord, you know what to do. I have ideas, but I am not speaking a word until I hear from you. I just sat there and waited.

Lots of "word of Faith" folk speak and demand the outcome that makes natural sense to them. I know, I am around lots of them, and it don't work for me and it won't work for them as they wish.

no, just different versions to remove any translator bias. the niv while its an ok bible isn't usually translated words literally but its a thought translation. other bibles translate literally, of course not all the time since that cant be.
I have a "teen study bible" that was given to me for my high school graduation. It is easy to understand. Very easy.

Yes I am interested in how you get around scriptures. You might actually tell me something I have not heard in 17 years revelation and teaching on this subject. Though I think the book "till healing comes" covered all the possible twisting of scriptures man can dream up. God made David's baby sick, Jacobs hip, Ken did a thorough job in his book to destroy Faith.

Isaiah 53
5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

He was physically wounded for our spiritual transgressions.
He was physically bruised for our spiritual iniquities.
He was physically chastised for our spiritual peace.
And with His physical stripes we are spiritually healed.

Why would the stripes be looked at as physical healing when everything else in the verse refers to the spiritual?

So in a nutshell Mike, Job was being punished for being the greatest believer on the earth?
New American Standard Bible
The LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered My servant Job? For there is no one like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, fearing God and turning away from evil."

All your words and long winded theory hinge on,"Job gave satan a place." What verse is this?

Would you consider that Elihu said every man is recompesed according to his way. Elihu spoke right about God.

Consider God's response to Satan. Behold all that job has is in your power when Satan asked God to harm Job.

A statement of fact. Not permission.

Consider Peter Sinking because of fear. Jesus warning to take no thought of your life to worry about anything.

Consider it's written to us 58 times to fear not.
Consider it's written 48 times to be inept afraid

Consider Jobs ways.

Job 3:25-26 kjva 25 For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me. 26 I was not in safety, neither had I rest, neither was I quiet; yet trouble came.

Does God violate his own spiritual laws to protect job?

Or

It is like Elihu said.

Job 34:10-11 kjva 10 Therefore hearken unto me, ye men of understanding: far be it from God, that he should do wickedness; and from the Almighty, that he should commit iniquity. 11 For the work of a man shall he render unto him, and cause every man to find according to his ways.

Was Jobs way Faith? Or fear of loss for his children, from the Sabeans and chaladeans, and staying healthy?

Paul was in bad shape after being stoned in Lystra a main city of Galatia. Some believe Paul was killed and visited heaven.

Whatever the case, Paul being in bad shape, the Galatians took him in and helped him.

Act 14:19-20 amp 19 But some Jews arrived there from Antioch and Iconium; and having persuaded the people and won them over, they stoned Paul and [afterward] dragged him out of the town, thinking that he was dead. 20 But the disciples formed a circle about him, and he got up and went back into the town; and on the morrow he went on with Barnabas to Derbe.

It was in Derbe (province of Galitia) Galatians church was established by Paul and Barnabus.

Later Paul wrote to them reminding what they did for him and warned them about taking up the law.

ah yes punch the cancer. I grew up in this stuff. my town didn't Have HOSPITAL until 1938 and so with the large churches ohere that had faith then and they did. a few of those still around and none of that has been told to me. the hospital that was first here was ran by a nurse. so I would think with the lack of medicine then it would be told. as always its a lack of faith. and my church teaches healing promises.

I know that god healed cancer. I can also post the second pentacostal church I attended for years and also some stories of children who had miracles. one that was dead for less then hour and her lung filled up with mud. her brother died and god told the parents. had you not prayed I would have taken both. I personally know that family of Job. they have faith. miraculous deliverances, and financial miracles. yet nothing of that from them.

Many conditional things. Lots to learn about this. I have lots of stories of the Lord saying. Had you not done this, then this would have occurred. Lots to learn about this.

I did not object. I said it was good. I just said digging into language proves you right, but the Holy Spirit compared by his stripes we are healed as physical healing in a simple way, in case someone missed getting into the language.

You know I always agree with you, right?
Oh good, I'm so...happy that you Always agree with me.
So when God gives you that Lamborghini, you're going to turn the title right over to me. :biggrin2

Isaiah 53
5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

He was physically wounded for our spiritual transgressions.
He was physically bruised for our spiritual iniquities.
He was physically chastised for our spiritual peace.
And with His physical stripes we are spiritually healed.

Why would the stripes be looked at as physical healing when everything else in the verse refers to the spiritual?

Nowhere Gary in the NT is Jesus physical abuse connected to the description the blood gave us.

Eph 1:7 kjva In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

1Jn 1:7 kjva But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

The punishment we deserved was physical also. The blood removed the sin, the stripes removed the effect of the curse.

Deu 28:45 kjva Moreover all these curses shall come upon thee, and shall pursue thee, and overtake thee, till thou be destroyed; because thou hearkenedst not unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which he commanded thee:

Deu 28:61 kjva Also every sickness, and every plague, which is not written in the book of this law, them will the LORD bring upon thee, until thou be destroyed.

Sickness was the effect of punishment we deserved. Jesus redeemed us from the curse of the law that found us guilty.

Sickness was designed to destroy, there is no good in it. Every sickness not in the book was designed to kill.

Isa 53:4-5 amp 4 Surely He has borne our griefs (sicknesses, weaknesses, and distresses) and carried our sorrows and pains [of punishment], yet we [ignorantly] considered Him stricken, smitten, and afflicted by God [as if with leprosy]. [Matt. 8:17.] 5 But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our guilt and iniquities; the chastisement [needful to obtain] peace and well-being for us was upon Him, and with the stripes [that wounded] Him we are healed and made whole.

When you say just spiritual Gary your saying God only can work first in the natural if he wants to help us at all with anything naturally. That's crazy Gary, as everything God does for us starts and becomes true in the spirit realm first.

3Jn 1:2 amp Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in every way and [that your body] may keep well, even as [I know] your soul keeps well and prospers.

Everything starts in the spirit realm. If we are healed spiritually then according to John that turn also to physical healing. From the inside out, not the other way around.

Many conditional things. Lots to learn about this. I have lots of stories of the Lord saying. Had you not done this, then this would have occurred. Lots to learn about this.
uhm, that doesn't answer, so you are saying because ken and so forth are just new at this that before then an after wiggles worth, it was lost? I doubt that. seriously I can recall a few stories and post them about my former church and the man who started that here and his death from lung cancer. he believed, and he did heal as the lord allowed him.

Oh good, I'm so...happy that you Always agree with me.
So when God gives you that Lamborghini, you're going to turn the title right over to me. :biggrin2

Sell it and give it to the poor of course. You can help wash it if you like. I might even buy you lunch.

uhm, that doesn't answer, so you are saying because ken and so forth are just new at this that before then an after wiggles worth, it was lost? I doubt that. seriously I can recall a few stories and post them about my former church and the man who started that here and his death from lung cancer. he believed, and he did heal as the lord allowed him.

Ken wrote a bad book. Not saying it was lost. Just saying Smith Wigglesworth knew things that were simple and we need to get back to them.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back