Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Living without sin?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Sanctification isn't a process.
It happens at our baptism into Christ

Hopeful my brother.
As you study scriptures over the coming years you'll find that quite the opposite is true about you saying sanctification isn't a process.
It actually is a process of God setting us aside for His purpose, more and more as He grows us to new levels of faith, and new levels of serving Him and others.
The process of sanctification ends when we take our last breath.

What is true is that process of sanctification does BEGIN at our baptism.

My name is Seasoned by Grace

Sorry that you can not grasp the content in 1 Corinthians 15:52-54 or Galatians 5:16-21 as I believe we all fall into one of those categories at time, even though we do not want to.
I grasp it just fine.

for_His_glory:
Are you more perfect than the Prophets and Disciples who did sin at times, but we certainly forgiven when they repented.
Yes, as I have been given the gift of permanent repentance from sin, rebirth, and the gift of the Holy Ghost...thank be to God.

You seem to be unaware of Heb 10:14..."For by one offering He hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified."
And Heb 10:10 says that already happened..."By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all."
We have been perfected.

Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God. 2 Corinthians 7:1

Flee also youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
2 Timothy 2:22

Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord: Hebrews 12:14

And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— Ephesians 4:11-15

• till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ;

We are called to grow up and mature into complete full stature sonship; to the measure and stature of Christ.

To walk as He walked.

It’s a process,

The process of becoming... sons of God.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: John 1:12

The process of transformation. Being transformed into the image of Christ.

JLB

Hopeful my brother

God disagrees with you.
Read the verses below.

First John 5:16, two verses earlier: “If anyone sees his brother sinning, [a Christian] committing a sin not leading to death, he shall ask, and God will give him life.” So he can’t mean that Christians don’t sin, because he just gave instruction for how to help Christians who do sin.
There were no Christians when Jesus was speaking to the Jews.
The same thing is true in 1 John 1:8–10: “ If we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.”
How can that apply to those who walk in the light, (which is God), when there is no darkness-sin in God?
If, as you cite, we CAN be cleansed of ALL unrighteousness, why can't we say we have no sin?
So in the meaning of 1 John 5:18, I think here in the context, the first and obvious meaning would be: The one who is born of God does not sin unto death; that is, we don’t make peace with sin, settle into a pattern of sinning that will destroy us in the end, prove that we are not truly born of God and are not truly Christians.
Lying, adultery, blasphemy, and theft don't show the same thing?
I think they do indeed show the same characteristics as those walking in the supposedly dead "flesh".
Christians walk in the light, and, according to 1 John 1:8–10, walking in the light is not sinlessness.
You are inferring then, that there IS sin in God, counter to verse 5.
It is walking in a way that you have eyes to see in the light the ugliness of what you just did, and you are sorry for it. You confess it. You keep short accounts with God, and you move on.
I will never believe as you do, that there is sin in God...who is the light.
So I think “does not sin” means (1) doesn’t commit the sin unto death, and (2) doesn’t settle into a pattern of sinning that proves you have no spiritual life in you.
Seasoned by Grace
You have the perfect doctrine to continue in sin.
I offer you a life without sin.

So sanctification isn't a process which takes time?
No, growth in grace and knowledge "take time".
But rebirth from God's seed is immediate, at our being "raised with Christ to walk in newness of life". (Rom 6:4)
I hope you aren't saying you think that the off-spring of God is unsanctified.

Edward:
Is that how they slipped the lie in? lol. It is true that even when I do sin and I know it, I do not leave a trail of victims. I don't mess people over. But my conscience speaks to me loud and often. I wasn't sure before if our conscience's voice was our own spirit or the Holy Spirit. But lately I'm leaning into it must be the Holy Spirit.
People who commit sin are still under the Law, "for by the Law is the knowledge of sin". (Rom 3:20)
God won't reside in a defiled temple.
I do feel like a new creature. And scripture sure seems to back that up. So even if I am the righteousness of God in Christ, perhaps it is simply the amount of demonic oppression that the world is so full of right now. And the myriad of distractions that are upon us now. With the technological advances there are more than ever distractions which will keep our mind off of God.
If "new creatures" still bring forth the fruit of the devil, then 1 John 3:9-10 are lies.
They are not lies.
A seed can only bear after its own kind.
God's seed cannot bear liars, thieves, and adulterers.
Through my own walk over time it has become apparent to me that...the more I (we) obey, the more the Lord does for us. Sometimes I think the Lord allowed covid in order to give all people more time to read His Word, Pray to Him and do not sin. Because time is short now...
I'm glad you are here to read my posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopeful my brother.
As you study scriptures over the coming years you'll find that quite the opposite is true about you saying sanctification isn't a process.
It actually is a process of God setting us aside for His purpose, more and more as He grows us to new levels of faith, and new levels of serving Him and others.
The process of sanctification ends when we take our last breath.

What is true is that process of sanctification does BEGIN at our baptism.

My name is Seasoned by Grace
Just how many "steps" are there before one is totally "cleansed, atoned for, consecrated, and made holy" ?
Those are definitions of the word sanctified.
How long must the partially consecrated, partially holy, partially cleansed, partially atoned for wait before they may benefit from rebirth from God's seed?
Apple seeds can't bear strawberries.

Hopeful my brother.
You seem to have misunderstood God's word here and misunderstood what I said and why.
I offer you a life without sin.
I'm sorry, but in this topic, and your opinions here, you offer me nothing.
At 78 years old, and a believer almost 50 years, I have all I need by God's mercy, love, and His incredible undeserving grace, and continue to receive more as I continually study and research His word.
God is beyond perfect my friend, and I am the imperfect sinner saved by his PHENOMENAL GRACE-PRAISE GOD!!!

Last edited:
Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God. 2 Corinthians 7:1
Flee also youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
2 Timothy 2:22
Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord: Hebrews 12:14
Amen, so do it !
If an apostle of the Lord commands it, why do so many refuse to believe it can actually happen?
And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— Ephesians 4:11-15
  • till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ;
We are called to grow up and mature into complete full stature sonship; to the measure and stature of Christ.
Then it must be possible...eh?
To walk as He walked.
Then it must be doable...eh?
It’s a process,
The process of becoming... sons of God.
Are we not "sons of God" at the rebirth from His seed? (1 John 3:9)
Yes.
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: John 1:12
The process of transformation. Being transformed into the image of Christ.
Ever met someone who believes what you present, who "became a son of God" after "x" amount of years, so you can tell how much longer you must wait?

Good news !
It happens at rebirth, at our "immersion" into Christ and into His death, when "we are raised with Christ to walk in newness of life".
NOT oldness of life !!!

Hopeful my brother.
You seem to have misunderstood God's word here and misunderstood what I said and why.

I'm sorry, but in this topic, and your opinions here, you offer me nothing.
At 78 years old, and a believer almost 50 years, I have all I need by God's mercy, love, and His incredible undeserving grace, and continue to receive more as I continually study and research His word.
God is beyond perfect my friend, and I am the imperfect sinner saved by his PHENOMENAL GRACE-PRAISE GOD!!!
After fifty years you still don't want to serve God perfectly?

No, growth in grace and knowledge "take time".
But rebirth from God's seed is immediate, at our being "raised with Christ to walk in newness of life". (Rom 6:4)
I hope you aren't saying you think that the off-spring of God is unsanctified.

Edward:
Is that how they slipped the lie in? lol. It is true that even when I do sin and I know it, I do not leave a trail of victims. I don't mess people over. But my conscience speaks to me loud and often. I wasn't sure before if our conscience's voice was our own spirit or the Holy Spirit. But lately I'm leaning into it must be the Holy Spirit.
People who commit sin are still under the Law, "for by the Law is the knowledge of sin". (Rom 3:20)
God won't reside in a defiled temple.

If "new creatures" still bring forth the fruit of the devil, then 1 John 3:9-10 are lies.
They are not lies.
A seed can only bear after its own kind.
God's seed cannot bear liars, thieves, and adulterers.

I'm glad you are here to read my posts.

Me too. But it seems reasonable to say that, any disobedience is sin. And yet, the Lord rewards obedience. So we continue to strive and to keep our hearts upon the Lord.

I'm falling asleep Brother. G'nite. Big day tomorrow.

Back