Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Living without sin?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It happens at rebirth, at our "immersion" into Christ and into His death, when "we are raised with Christ to walk in newness of life".
NOT oldness of life !!!

At rebirth we start the process of transformation; becoming sons of God.

JLB

Maybe he just wanted to ask his wife how he was able to obey God perfectly all the time.
this is the key question

maybe if the topic was kept to just this point people could more easily see what you are trying to share

theological debates often end up in word fights and no one benefits

people just get hard-hearted toward each other due to a spirit of offense and disagreement and pride

maybe you could start a thread just sharing the answer to this question - how do you do it? - how do you deal with temptation? - etc

then perhaps people will think about how they can apply the truths to their life rather than thinking about defending their favorite theology

in short people can fight about theology but not a person's testimony

inspiring others with your testimony of how you do it might help people who are interested in what you have to say but not in everyone debating

God bless you

No, a non-sinner is one who does not commit sin, yet still remains under the authority of sin; he is not dead to sin.
That doesn't make any sense.
Non-sinners are not under any authority but God's.
Jesus did say no man can serve two masters.
You say otherwise.

No. He knew the man was lying in the first place. Why ask him again?

Quantrill
Your implication is that God, nor His Son, can free a man from sin...in spite of John 8:32-34.
It is written..."And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin."

Jesus' words are true.

Last edited:
Hopeful
That's called ongoing SANCTIFICATION my friend.

May God bless you richly
Seasoned by Grace
Your POV opposes Heb 10:10..."By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all."
How long must it take for Jesus to die?
It is written..."For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified." (Heb 10:14)
Your POV indicates that you are doing the gradual sanctification, not God.

this is the key question

maybe if the topic was kept to just this point people could more easily see what you are trying to share

theological debates often end up in word fights and no one benefits

people just get hard-hearted toward each other due to a spirit of offense and disagreement and pride

maybe you could start a thread just sharing the answer to this question - how do you do it? - how do you deal with temptation? - etc

then perhaps people will think about how they can apply the truths to their life rather than thinking about defending their favorite theology

in short people can fight about theology but not a person's testimony

inspiring others with your testimony of how you do it might help people who are interested in what you have to say but not in everyone debating

God bless you
Maybe you are right .
Instead of refuting reasons I, or they, can't be sin free, I can just show why I can...and so can they.
Thanks for the input.

Your implication is that God, nor His Son, can free a man from sin...in spite of John 8:32-34.
It is written..."And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin."

Jesus' words are true.

No. My implication is that man is a sinner all the days of his life on this earth. Just as Pink's implication was.

Good verses, (John 8:32-34). I agree with them 100%.

Of course, Jesus's words are true.

Quantrill

I grasp it just fine.

for_His_glory:
Are you more perfect than the Prophets and Disciples who did sin at times, but we certainly forgiven when they repented.
Yes, as I have been given the gift of permanent repentance from sin, rebirth, and the gift of the Holy Ghost...thank be to God.
As long as I am housed in this corruptible body I am no better than the Prophets and Disciples who also sinned at times as God's grace does forgive my sin when I humble myself before Him and repent of them just like the Prophets and Disciples did.

Do you walk in the Spirit 24/7 365 days of the year as not even the Prophets and Disciples could do this.

Just how many "steps" are there before one is totally "cleansed, atoned for, consecrated, and made holy" ?
Those are definitions of the word sanctified.
How long must the partially consecrated, partially holy, partially cleansed, partially atoned for wait before they may benefit from rebirth from God's seed?
Apple seeds can't bear strawberries.
The Biblical meaning of sanctification or its verb sanctify literally means to set apart for special use or purpose, that is to make holy or sacred. Therefore sanctification refers to the state or process of being set apart, made holy, as a vessel full of the Holy Spirit of God.

Notice I highlighted the word "process" as it is a process until the day we are made perfect as per 1 Corinthians 15:50-58. I would hope you would see this in all we have been trying to show you in scripture. None of us are perfect yet, but striving for that perfection that is in Christ alone as we mature each day in the knowledge of Christ.

Maybe you are right .
Instead of refuting reasons I, or they, can't be sin free, I can just show why I can...and so can they.
Thanks for the input.
i am very interested in hearing what you have to say about how you do it

if you start a new clean thread on that notify me so i can read what you have to say

the debating and negativity in this thread kinda ruined this thread for me

God bless you

No. My implication is that man is a sinner all the days of his life on this earth. Just as Pink's implication was.
In one sense you are correct, but you are unaware that the death happens at our "immersion" into Christ's death. (Rom 6:3-7)
Good verses, (John 8:32-34). I agree with them 100%.
Of course, Jesus's words are true.
Quantrill
Then you agree the truth can free men from committing sin.
So how can he be a sinner "all the days of his life"?
Don't you think anybody adheres to the truth?

As long as I am housed in this corruptible body I am no better than the Prophets and Disciples who also sinned at times as God's grace does forgive my sin when I humble myself before Him and repent of them just like the Prophets and Disciples did.
Name one sin your body can do without your mind's knowledge.
You are confusing the demise of a vessel with the corrupting of the mind by sin.
The body is just the carrier of your mind, and can't be credited with either right or wrong.
To say one can't be free of sin just because we are wrapped in skin and bones is ludicrous.
It also accuses Jesus of sin.
Do you walk in the Spirit 24/7 365 days of the year as not even the Prophets and Disciples could do this.
Yes, thanks be to God, and the gift of permanent repentance from sin, and rebirth from Gods seed and the gift of the Holy Ghost, and the bible, and scriptures like 1 Cor 10:13..."There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."
You won't find any sinning disciples of the Lord who committed sin after the resurrection of Christ.
The sinners were still serving sin, and not God.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Biblical meaning of sanctification or its verb sanctify literally means to set apart for special use or purpose, that is to make holy or sacred. Therefore sanctification refers to the state or process of being set apart, made holy, as a vessel full of the Holy Spirit of God.
I was sanctified by the blood of Christ at my baptism into His death.
There was no further need for atonement or setting apart or making holy or consecration, as it has already happened.
Notice I highlighted the word "process" as it is a process until the day we are made perfect as per 1 Corinthians 15:50-58. I would hope you would see this in all we have been trying to show you in scripture. None of us are perfect yet, but striving for that perfection that is in Christ alone as we mature each day in the knowledge of Christ.
That scripture refers to the natural body, like Jesus' body. Only Jesus wasn't in the grave long enough to be corrupted.
To compare the bodies corruption to sin is ludicrous.
You are severely misinterpreting those verses.
The result of that misinterpretation is a reason for continued life in sin.
Whose idea do you think that is?
The devil.

Good news !
It happens at rebirth, at our "immersion" into Christ and into His death, when "we are raised with Christ to walk in newness of life".
Not oldness of life !!!
:hysterical :hysterical:hysterical
Hopeful
I absolutely love "MY OLDNESS OF LIFE and I'm proud of being a dinosaur in the faith."
I am at peace in my faith, secure in my faith, full of joy, contentment, and love the ministry God has called me to, and trusted me in.

May God Lovingly and with great kindness bless you immeasurably as you continue to seek His truth,
and someday move from the "MILK" of God's word, to the "MEAT" of God's word."

My name is Seasoned by Grace

Last edited:
:hysterical :hysterical:hysterical
Hopeful
I absolutely love "MY OLDNESS OF LIFE and I'm proud of being a dinosaur in the faith."
I am at peace in my faith, secure in my faith, full of joy, contentment, and love the ministry God has called me to, and trusted me in.
That is such a pity, after having read Rom 6:4.
May God Lovingly and with great kindness bless you immeasurably as you continue to seek His truth.

I found the truth, and as Jesus said it would, it freed me from committing sin. (John 8:32-34)

I found the truth, and as Jesus said it would, it freed me from committing sin. (John 8:32-34)
Hopeful my happy and joyful brother in the Lord.

1 John 1:8–10: “ If we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

Maybe you can somehow bring unity and harmony to these two verses we both quoted, so they work together.

God bless you in Christ my kind and loving friend.
Seasoned by Grace

Hopeful my happy and joyful brother in the Lord.

1 John 1:8–10: “ If we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

Maybe you can somehow bring unity and harmony to these two verses we both quoted, so they work together.

God bless you in Christ my kind and loving friend.
Seasoned by Grace
Verses 6, 8, and 10 apply to those who walk in darkness-sin.
Verses 5, 7, and 9 apply to those who walk in the light-God.
John is talking about two very different kinds of men in 1 John 1.
v7..."But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."
Why can't those who walk in the light say they have no sin, as it has all been washed away by the blood of Christ?
They can say they have no sin.
Of course it is incumbent on us to remain in the light, but God makes it possible...to His own glory!!!

Hopeful
Once again my loving brother.

Here's what Paul had to say to those not giving heed to the completeness of God's truth.

1st Cor. 1:3, "Brothers, I could not address you as spiritual, but as worldly—as infants in Christ. 2, I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for solid food. In fact, you are still not ready, 3for you are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and dissension among you, are you not worldly?"

You need to get past the "REVOLVING DOOR" of discussing these topics that continually get hashed over and re-packaged, and regurgitated in churches for hundreds of years, and on forums like this, and argued about for eons of time, and settle the answer for this in your own heart, not as it seems, that you are trying to prove what you know, because it's such a basic topic that should already be confirmed in everyone's heart, and then move on to things that God will lead you too in the MEAT of the word when you are ready for solid food, as Paul said above.

The "milk' of the word is an infinitely small portion of God's complete truth, and the "MEAT" is where you'll find the depth and fulness and completeness of many many topics never discussed in any church or any Bible college.
It's where the excitement and passion are TRULY born, and point us to a life in Christ we could have never imagined on our own.
To find the meat of the word by the leading of the Holy Spirit is where God truly raises the bar on preparing us for His Fabulous and glorious kingdom, and for the Rapture to come.

You have no idea my dear friend what is waiting for you once you get past all these shallow, repackaged, and rediscussed ad-nauseum topics.
It's not that God's word is "Nauseating", it how the topics never change and people never get on to the depths of God's word that is waiting for all of us, and to me, it's "nauseating all the arguing, and disagreements are repeated over and over to no ones benefit and to no end.

Just that revolving door once again, of repeating over and over the same things, as Paul talked about above, and losing out on all the depth of wisdom and knowledge God has waiting for us all.

If you think your the first one to come here and say the same things with the same attitude, you're sadly mistaken, because this topic you're so passionate about has already been beaten to death over and over, :horse , and is just once again being rehashed, as in a long line of those who have come before you.

Give it up and move on to something that will help you grow and be stronger in Christ.

My wonderful dear brother in Christ.
I look forward to getting to know you better. I am a very easy-going, very loving kind person that loves people and never gets angry.
I believe with all my heart Galatians 5:14, " The entire law is fulfilled in a single decree: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”
And also 1st Cor. 13:1-2, " If I speak with the tongues of mankind and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing."
Also, 1st Cor. 13:13, "But now faith, hope, and love remain, these three; but THE GREATEST OF THESE IS LOVE."

Another words, God says knowledge is NOTHING WITHOUT LOVE. So I have learned at the feet of God to love all mankind beyond any knowledge I may have, or the knowledge others may express, for in God's words knowledge has no worth without Kind and Godly love.
So, I will always speak to you and with you in the kindest Godly love possible.

God bless you my brother and in all honesty and love, I most assuredly pray that you seek God with all your heart for the depth of wisdom and the meat of the word he has waiting for you.

Last edited:
Back