Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Mark of the beast

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
do you know that constentine was saved or not? I have doubts but I can say later on that luther left. my point here is that church isn't perfect and back to what I said whom are we to think we really have end times that well? the mark of the beast imho comes from jewish thought in the torah sinning with ones hands and heart is said. that is the mark of one that serves god or not.

luther also while not a leader but a man of the time would believe in state religions. you are also ignored that the church did away with slavery in the uk. and in the u.s and mlk whom is named after luther lead the way for civil rights. that is what Deborah is saying.

to those who have or don't have this mark.

How do you identify a non Christian today ?

It's not me that "identifies" Who is or who is not a Christian.

JLB

from unbelievers, yes. that's easy. but the tares and the wheat are indistinguishable to us, according to Scripture - or at least we're not supposed to even try to separate them.

from unbelievers, yes. that's easy. but the tares and the wheat are indistinguishable to us, according to Scripture - or at least we're not supposed to even try to separate them.

Yeah that's true Jeff. Tares are inside the Church and Jesus will look after that separation.

Didn't Jesus tell us how to distinguish each other from unbelievers ?

He sure did brother, good point. It's the light brother, and it's coming, nay, here. Somethings happening, this world is changing. Love is coming and it's absolutely irresistible. I can already see a slight change.

This mark of the beast stuff used to scare me but not any more. The Lord is faithful. The Lord is all powerful. The beast would commit genocide on all Christians if he could. The Lord wont allow it. Faith brothers and sisters. Did He let them get Enoch? Find the heart and mind of Christ and you will be safe. No amount of carnal preperation will stop the beast, it is a spiritual war and we must have unity with Christ. Then...joy and assurance comes.

Pray a lot, keeping in mind that prayer is a dialogue and not a monologue.

Does anyone really think that they have to be an Enoch or a Moses to get the Lords protection? Ha! I may be the little toe but the Lord protects his little toe too. :)

No weapon shall prosper against thee. That's no idiom. That's the truth.

Revelation 5
Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

5 Next I saw in the right hand of the One sitting on the throne a scroll with writing on both sides and sealed with seven seals; 2 and I saw a mighty angel proclaiming in a loud voice, “Who is worthy to open the scroll and break its seals?” 3 But no one in heaven, on earth or under the earth was able to open the scroll or look inside it. 4 I cried and cried, because no one was found worthy to open the scroll or look inside it. 5 One of the elders said to me, “Don’t cry. Look, the Lion of the tribe of Y’hudah, the Root of David, has won the right to open the scroll and its seven seals.”

6 Then I saw standing there with the throne and the four living beings, in the circle of the elders, a Lamb that appeared to have been slaughtered. He had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the sevenfold Spirit of God sent out into all the earth. 7 He came and took the scroll out of the right hand of the One sitting on the throne. 8 When he took the scroll, the four living beings and the twenty-four elders fell down in front of the Lamb. Each one held a harp and gold bowls filled with pieces of incense, which are the prayers of God’s people; 9 and they sang a new song,

“You are worthy to take the scroll and break its seals;
because you were slaughtered;
at the cost of blood you ransomed for God
persons from every tribe, language, people and nation.

10 You made them into a kingdom for God to rule,
cohanim to serve him;
and they will rule over the earth.”

n order to read the last book of the Bible for all its worth you have to understand the symbolism, which is drawn from the culture of the time in which it was written. Many scholars believe Revelation was written during the reign of the Roman Emperor Domitian who ruled from 81-96 A.D..

But first we need to back up a bit–from the time of the enthronement of Augustus in 27 B.C., emperors were worshipped in certain Roman cities as gods on earth (basically to suck up!). In fact, at the time Augustus came to power, his adopted father Julius was also declared to be a god and, therefore, Augustus was referred to as “the son of God.” Coins were even minted stating things like, “There is no name save Augustus by which men can be saved.” Augustus was apparently embarrassed by this and didn’t take it too seriously.

Nonetheless, Jews referred to those who accepted such worship as subhuman or “beasts.” So, when certain cities like Ephesus set up shrines to Caesar at the entrance to the marketplace where you could offer incense and utter the phrase “Caesar is Lord” as an oath of loyalty the question for Jews (and later Christians) was whether or not to take “the mark of the beast.”

This especially became an issue when Domitian became emperor because, unlike Augustus, he took his proclaimed divinity seriously. So, to refuse to worship Domitian could mean the loss of your livelihood or even your life! I believe this is the question that prompted the writing of the Book of Revelation.

Now you have to understand just what kind of beast Domitian was. For example: Domitian commanded his own wife to call him, “My lord and my god” (she later conspired to murder him!); he opened all of his letters with, “Your lord and god commands you…”; At one point, he ordered all statutes at one point to be made only of solid gold (until funds ran a little dry); He had a priestess who offended him buried alive on the spot and he had a heckler at the gladiatorial games immediately fed to the lions for mocking his favorite gladiator! Real sweetheart, huh?

Now let’s get to where all of this meets the Book of Revelation. Consider the following, when Domitian made royal appearances he was accompanied by a choir of 24 singing “our lord and our god…you are worthy to receive honor, glory and power” (See Rev. 4:10-11).

Domitian launched the creatively entitled, “Domitian Games” and He would begin the ceremonies by sitting on a large throne and having the governors of the various Roman provinces come before him. Domitian would then begin by commending certain actions by saying, “I have this for you…” and then list any action that offended him by saying, “I have this against you…” and then he would sometimes state that if they did not rectify certain situations he would come and take their power from them (See Rev. 2:1-7).

Then the crowds at the games would begin to worship Domitian. The worshipers had to be dressed in white or they were not allowed to participate. The priests leading the worship were dressed in white and wore gold crowns inscribed with the various names given to Caesar and they would lead the crowds in singing, “worthy are you to receive honor and glory and power” while laying down their crowns before Domitian (Rev. 4:10-11 again).

One of the highlights of the Domitian Games was a horse race between horses of four different colors and after the horse race (and other games) a slave wearing the mask of Hades, the master of death, would come onto the field and drag the bodies off (See Revelation 6:1-8).

Domitian also had statues commissioned where he is holding a scroll. The scroll was said to contain all the rights of Caesar and only the emperor was “worthy” to hold and open the scroll (see Revelation 5:1-14).

Domitian’s father was the emperor Vespasian (ruled from 69-79 AD). He was a Roman General charged with subjugating Judea in 66. A few interpreters have argued he suffered what many believed was a fatal head wound but somehow recovered (Rev. 13:1-4). Many scholars believe Vespasian “healed” the wound of Rome, which had seemingly suffered a fatal blow upon the death of Nero for Vespasian was the first strong Caesar after year of absolute chaos with various generals vying for the throne.

Vespasian had built a large platform in Ephesus. Domitian enlarged it placing his temple and statue over the gods of the Greco-Roman pantheon. It was known as the Neokoros and could be seen for miles.

Does anyone really think that they have to be an Enoch or a Moses to get the Lords protection? Ha! I may be the little toe but the Lord protects his little toe too. :)

No weapon shall prosper against thee. That's no idiom. That's the truth.
haha, you may be the tow, i the knee........ :) :readbible (good advice) (like a hart panteth for water, so I thirst for Thy Word oh God YHWH)

remember about "no weapon..." that in the end days, the enemy is given permission to take the lives of the believers. REJOICE if you're considered faithful enough to be among them !

Is the seal of God literal?

Rev_9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

Is the seal of God literal?

Rev_9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

yes. it is real. (it might not be physical) .... like having a holy spirit is not physical >>
Ephesians 1:13
Parallel Verses
New International Version
And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised holy spirit,

http://www.theseal-ofgod.com/ (untested site)

Last edited by a moderator:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back